Started on: 11-06-2021 05:13 PM
Replies: 154 (3041 views)
Last post by: Valkrie9 on 09-14-2022 03:00 AM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2021 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OJ trial illustrated to the mob that they don't have to present justice within this system of laws.
IP: Logged
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judge Schroeder had to rip prosecutor Binger AGAIN

I'll find actual video ASAP but meanwhile there's this:

"Prosecution showing all the control of a falling locomotive."

Leftists gotta Leftist.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-11-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bias differs between the different networks to an amazing extent. I find myself in shock and disbelief at what some of the "News" networks are presenting as their perspective of guilt or innocence when I compare it to my own perspective after viewing the vast majority of videos available. Admittedly, I'm only basing my opinion on the actual videos and not what any network says. If, this comes to a conclusion as a "fair" trial, then IMHO, there can only be one outcome.

Rams
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rekieta Law has been doing a livestream with commentary from ~10 lawyers, it's awesome, better than watching a baseball game.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RekietaLaw/videos

The prosecutor is one of the biggest scumbags I've ever seen. The tongue lashings the Judge has been giving him are well deserved. The Kenosha court system is the definition of 'amateur hour'. Some have speculated the only reason the Judge hasn't thrown out the case is he wants to prove the system works, and the jurors will come to the correct conclusion (innocent on all counts), and only intervene if they do not. There has been blatant jury intimidation trying to pressure them into getting a conviction.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the prosecutor matbe trying to create a situation such that the mob won't see him as a target to go after when the trial is complete?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

KR could still be convicted. Several groups have conducted informal polls where the person being polled said he was guilty because he shouldn't have been there. My guess is these people were perfectly fine with the burning and looting and feel no one has a right to defend themselves. Damn shame it took a 17 year old to stand up to the mob.

Guilty of what offense though.
I do agree for sure though with the agendas and BS around this case, the law may not do its job.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the charges:

First-degree reckless homicide, use of a dangerous weapon

First-degree recklessly endangering safety, use of a dangerous weapon

First-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon

Attempted first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon

Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18

Failure to comply with an emergency order from state or local government (thrown out by the judge)

If they throw out all but the Possession charge then he could still get up to 9 months in prison. The other charges carry up to 17.5 years of jail. Each.
I wouldn't guess which charge but any conviction would be harsh for this kid. I just don't trust the system.

EDIT: Each of the "use of a dangerous weapon" modifier adds 5 years to the base 12.5 year possible punishment.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 11-12-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Is the prosecutor matbe trying to create a situation such that the mob won't see him as a target to go after when the trial is complete?

The elected Kenosha County, Wisconsin DA is Michael D. Graveley

He spent 6 WEEKS during the Kenosha riots inappropriately texting back and forth with a BLM organizer / rioter that called herself "Billy Violent" even improperly disclosing information to her.

http://kenoshacountyeye.com...ning-almost-6-weeks/

The Rittenhouse case is THE biggest and most important case in Kenosha County history and certainly the biggest for Michael D. Graveley

SO...he assigns one of his assistant prosecutors, Thomas Binger, who has a lot less experience, to prosecute the largest case his county has ever seen.

Graveley and Binger are both corrupt Demorats with Cravely already provably up to his eyeballs in colluding with BLM during the rioting

Binger is the "goat" that was staked out for the mob's attention by Graveley who is covering his own butt from any blame when this prosecution fails.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-12-2021).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Here are the charges:

First-degree reckless homicide, use of a dangerous weapon

First-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon

Attempted first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon

Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18

Failure to comply with an emergency order from state or local government (thrown out by the judge)

If they throw out all but the Possession charge then he could still get up to 9 months in prison. The other charges carry up to 17.5 years of jail. Each.
I wouldn't guess which charge but any conviction would be harsh for this kid. I just don't trust the system.

EDIT: Each of the "use of a dangerous weapon" modifier adds 5 years to the base 12.5 year possible punishment.

It's my understanding that the defense and judge came to an agreement that the jury can be instructed that they may consider lesser charges as well.

lesser charges

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Endless BS, yes hopefully it doesnt come to that.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

It's my understanding that the defense and judge came to an agreement that the jury can be instructed that they may consider lesser charges as well.

lesser charges

Here is TWO AND A HALF HOURS of the attorneys arguing some very dry legal points over jury instructions today.

This gets pretty deep into the legal weeds including legal philosophy but it's a good insight into the legal theories of both sides and the judge's thinking.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-12-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2021 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judge: "You're out of luck..."
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2021 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure (if I was the defendent) I would have agreed to the "lessor charges".
But then, I've been known to take a chance or two in my life.
Yeah, it's a big chance but...............

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's being reported, that the judge has thrown out one of the weapons charges.
(I haven't seen a news article but have seen it reported a few minutes ago on another discussion board, with no link provided)

Edit to add link:

judge drops weapons charge

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-15-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's being reported, that the judge has thrown out one of the weapons charges.
(I haven't seen a news article but have seen it reported a few minutes ago on another discussion board, with no link provided)

Edit to add link:

judge drops weapons charge

The gun laws in Wisconsin appear to be a patchwork quilt of muddled and conflicting regulations, specifically where it comes to what they term: "dangerous weapon" and possession by an underage individual.

https://docs.legis.wisconsi.../statutes/948/60/3/c
(SEE: 948.60  Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.....THEN you have to scroll down to section (3)(c)...THEN refer to THREE OTHER statutes from there...)

You have to actually read FIVE different sections of Wisconsin state statute to make any sense out of Rittenhouse's right to own and carry his rifle at 17 years old...

...but it is there, and the judge is 100% correct to dismiss that charge just like he dismissed the earlier "curfew" charge.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-15-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the better part of THREE HOURS of video where the judge dismisses the misdemeanor gun charge and delivers the jury instructions to them.

The last 25-30 minutes is the first part of the prosecution's closing argument today.

The jury may have already deliberated and delivered it's verdict(s) by the time you watch all of this (j/k)

It is illustrative of the weakness of the prosecutions case based on the testimony that he attempts to play to the jury's sympathy for the thugs that were shot...that and his blatant misrepresentation of witness testimony from his own witnesses....

If anyone was wondering how he was going to handle that self-created disaster now we know....simply LIE about what his witnesses actually said.

(YES, attorneys can and do engage in that during their arguments to juries. It is foolish and dangerous but then this Leftist jackwipe has already demonstrated several times how foolish he is.)

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Under Wisconsin law, anyone under 18 who possesses a dangerous weapon is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to nine months behind bars. Its a shame that a 17 year old can carry a weapon like he had at all. People are crazy anymore. I know I am.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

Under Wisconsin law, anyone under 18 who possesses a dangerous weapon is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to nine months behind bars. Its a shame that a 17 year old can carry a weapon like he had at all. People are crazy anymore. I know I am.

All the more reason to carry the proper tool to protect yourself.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 17 year olds which should not be carrying will not be deterred by laws.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

People should also not be allowed to burn down public or private property.
We the people need to be able to defend ourselves. Its sad that it took a 17 year old to bring this to everyone's attention.

On another note, I have not been following the youtube streams. Has anyone heard that youtube is taking them down for "policy violations"
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

On another note, I have not been following the youtube streams. Has anyone heard that youtube is taking them down for "policy violations"

Rekieta addressed it earlier today in his stream, he's still waiting to hear back from his Youtube rep, but apparently his stream had more viewers than PBS, CNN, and Fox News combined, before it was suddenly taken down. I was watching yesterday when it suddenly went down for no reason, they came back about half an hour later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whA5p5qmJrc

Watched earlier Kyle picking juror numbers out of a squeaky old contraption that looked like it came with the courthouse. This trial is one **** -show after another. The blatant lies by the prosecution yesterday during their closing and rebuttal are absolutely infuriating.

I don't think any trials going forward are going to be broadcast ever again because it shows just how blatantly corrupt the system really is.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Rekieta addressed it earlier today in his stream, he's still waiting to hear back from his Youtube rep, but apparently his stream had more viewers than PBS, CNN, and Fox News combined, before it was suddenly taken down. I was watching yesterday when it suddenly went down for no reason, they came back about half an hour later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whA5p5qmJrc

Watched earlier Kyle picking juror numbers out of a squeaky old contraption that looked like it came with the courthouse. This trial is one **** -show after another. The blatant lies by the prosecution yesterday during their closing and rebuttal are absolutely infuriating.

I don't think any trials going forward are going to be broadcast ever again because it shows just how blatantly corrupt the system really is.

For much of America, what actually happens in a real courtroom (criminal and civil) is a complete mystery. It ain't like Matlock , Boston Legal, Ally McBeal, Law and Order and certainly not anything like "Judge (enter his or her name here) " so called 'reality shows'.
A LOT of what happens, happens with the jury sent out of the courtroom.

Lies?
Yes. That should surprise no one, from both defense and prosecution and certainly from defendants and witnesses.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-16-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yeah we should make being a criminal illegal.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

... This trial is one **** -show after another. The blatant lies by the prosecution yesterday during their closing and rebuttal are absolutely infuriating.

Saw a news blurb recently that they are going to broadcast more, they are setting courtrooms up to do it.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ratings driven.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ratings driven.

I'm sure at some point the results of trials will be ratings driven. (More than they already are.)
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2021 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Saw a news blurb recently that they are going to broadcast more, they are setting courtrooms up to do it.

Maybe they can call it "COURT TV"

https://www.courttv.com/

(*Court TV started broadcasting on cable TV in 1991 and has since moved to internet streaming)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-16-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For much of America, what actually happens in a real courtroom (criminal and civil) is a complete mystery. It ain't like Matlock , Boston Legal, Ally McBeal, Law and Order and certainly not anything like "Judge (enter his or her name here) " so called 'reality shows'.
A LOT of what happens, happens with the jury sent out of the courtroom.

Lies?
Yes. That should surprise no one, from both defense and prosecution and certainly from defendants and witnesses.

The other thing that most Americans have no clue about is Appeals and Appellate Courts.

The single biggest misunderstanding that I see is that so many people believe that an appeals court goes back over the trial evidence.....THEY DON'T

Appeals courts are supposed to look ONLY at the law and determine if any errors (unintentional or deliberate), in terms of procedure, application or judicial discretion happened.

You can't re-try your entire case in the appellate court .

If one of the litigants or the judge broke, ignored or misapplied the law that is what the appeals courts are there for.

The most common response by far from Appellate courts is a "PCA" (Per curiam affirmed) which means that the appeals court affirms the trial court's decision without issuing an opinion or explanation of its own.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-17-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2021 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me remind all of the 2nd amendment advocates, Constitutuinalists, moral thinkers, etc., that Kyle Rittenhouse was presented as a White supremacist. He is still called that by some.

YOU are being called one by extension if you sympathize with his situation or support his innocence. Remind yourself that you're in his shoes next time you're tempted to virtue signal to some moderates. Will you even admit that you support his innocence to anyone or will you keep quiet and hope you get by without a tirade?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me remind all of the 2nd amendment advocates, Constitutuinalists, moral thinkers, etc., that Kyle Rittenhouse was presented as a White supremacist. He is still called that by some.

YOU are being called one by extension if you sympathize with his situation or support his innocence.

This demonizing has been clear to me for years.
The ravings of madmen. Sad thing is, they matter when we let madmen get in positions of power.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2021 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I don't know enough to know whether that 17-year-old kid, exactly what he did, but allegedly he's part of a militia coming out of the state of Illinois. Have you ever heard this president say one negative thing about white supremacists? Have you ever heard it? That's the reason I got back in this race because what happened in Charlottesville," Biden said in a 2020 interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This just in ... breaking news !

Kyle Ritenhouse declared Not Guilty ! As he was leaving the Courtroom, the Judge gives him back his scary looking, black, dangerous weapon, assault rifle.

Tucker Carlson wears Kyle Rittenhouse pajamas

Trump has tapped Rittenhouse as Defense Secretary in 2024

According to legend, if a commie pedophile says "Rittenhouse" in the mirror 3 times, Kyle will pick them off from 500 yards away

He was born on July 4th to a pair of majestic bald eagle parents: He did not shoot his way out of the womb as was once believed

My Wife, "Hang 'Em High Cindi", thinks the punk should fry. I can only hope if I am prosecuted, it will be in Kenoshi Wisconsin.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"I don't know enough to know whether that 17-year-old kid, exactly what he did, but allegedly he's part of a militia coming out of the state of Illinois. Have you ever heard this president say one negative thing about white supremacists? Have you ever heard it? That's the reason I got back in this race because what happened in Charlottesville," Biden said in a 2020 interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper.

A president who is a sheep.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me see if I can fix that for you.

"I don't know enough to know Click to show that 17-year-old kid, exactly what he did, but allegedly he's part of a militia coming out of the state of Illinois.

I can assure you that the Dumbocratic Governor recently said he had no regrets of not activating the National Guard, 250 strong, when the Police shot the Black thug which was a threat with a restraining order, for rape I think. Now he has 500 strong on standby. Things which make you go "Hmm".

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2021 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And 10s of millions of Americans agree with that USA President and state Governor. Dystopian America.

We don't need any person, fair-minded or not, giving support to their agenda.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU are being called one by extension if you sympathize with his situation or support his innocence. Remind yourself that you're in his shoes next time you're tempted to virtue signal to some moderates. Will you even admit that you support his innocence to anyone or will you keep quiet and hope you get by without a tirade?

You are not reminding us of anything we are not acutely aware of. This is how Trump was elected. People are tired of being called racist, white supremacist, or any other "ist".
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU are being called one by extension if you sympathize with his situation or support his innocence.

Ask me if I care.

Remind yourself that you're in his shoes next time you're tempted to virtue signal to some moderates.

Moderates? I consider myself to be a moderate. If someone has a problem with that? Well... As they say in Siberia, "Tough Shitski."

Will you even admit that you support his innocence to anyone or will you keep quiet and hope you get by without a tirade?

Tirade? Bring it. This is not "cut and dried". But yeah. He is absolutely innocent. He made an example out of a couple of morons, but it's important to remember that they chose to place themselves in that position. They called his bluff, and lost.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-17-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The jury today, asked to review an enhanced video of the foot chase and shooting, that was not presented to the defense during testimony. (They received a lower quality version)
I'm guessing the jurors are pondering the question of 'initial provocation'.

According to Ws state statute tho, even if Rittenhouse is shown to be the source of the initial provocation, it doesn't negate his right to self defense.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-17-2021).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2021 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone thought the jury had put off coming to a verdict until this morning so the city wouldn't burn last night, but as time went on today it was obvious there are one or several holdouts refusing to acquit. They may STILL be hoping the rioters get bored and leave, but the longer they take, the more of them organize and show up.

We also learned today the prosecution sent the defense a video file that was much lower quality than what they gave the defense in discovery. The video that the jury asked to view at the end of the day today. The prosecution tried to explain it away as a 'glitch', but screenshots of the prosecutor's laptop clearly show a program called Handbrake. If you've ever used this program, it isn't boomer friendly at all, and the main purpose of the program is to convert video formats and compress video files, like the one the defense received. Of course the judge, defense, AND prosecutions can barely send an email between them (the most technologically astute among them called MB's 'milli-bytes'), so nobody picked up on this, and they may or may not bring in an expert later to explain what did or likely happened.

If it was intentional, it would absolutely be grounds for a mistrial, not even taking into account the prosecution's previous violations of Kyle's constitutional rights.

Also found this gem:

https://babylonbee.com/news...erdict-is-being-read

The trial is a farce.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave