Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Where did all the ads go? (Or: be careful what you post) (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where did all the ads go? (Or: be careful what you post) by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 04-21-2016 02:57 PM
Replies: 176 (3691 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 05-08-2016 01:28 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

the new way of silencing those that you don't like.. molesting the use and meaning..
the liberal way..

what one says outside of your hours of work should not have any bearing on your employment.. sadly the commies and Nazi's in this country found a loophole to silence anything they don't like..
IP: Logged
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

shocking a liberal would want to hide, or silenced,removed...

Another stupid statement by E.Furgal. Instead of looking for a solution, you would rather attack. Typical. BTW, what you do outside of your employment does have an effect on your employment and guess what... it is not because of "liberals"... it is the real world, where your actions and words speak to the type of person you are (and that is a conservative value, is it not?). The current rating system punishes the person instead of focusing on the comment (as seen by your red ratings bar). If you have looked around, my suggestion is widely used by various online comment sections. This way the people have the ability to self-moderate. If you don't like it, then start your own forum and run it like you want, no one is stopping you, not even Google or so-called liberals.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by 2.5:

If you mean with categories like marking the thread "inappropriate" or something in regards to the topic of this thread. But it seems like moderator review would still be good.

Nope, just a "thumbs up or thumbs down". When enough thumbs downs are reached, that comment is hidden. That way when someone posts something the group collectively doesn't like, it is hidden from view (or even removed). This would help self-moderate and take some workload off of Cliff.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Nope, just a "thumbs up or thumbs down". When enough thumbs downs are reached, that comment is hidden. That way when someone posts something the group collectively doesn't like, it is hidden from view (or even removed). This would help self-moderate and take some workload off of Cliff.

I really think such a feature would be abused faster than one could say Jack Spratt.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another stupid statement by E.Furgal. Instead of looking for a solution, you would rather attack. Typical. BTW, what you do outside of your employment does have an effect on your employment and guess what... it is not because of "liberals"... it is the real world, where your actions and words speak to the type of person you are (and that is a conservative value, is it not?). The current rating system punishes the person instead of focusing on the comment (as seen by your red ratings bar). If you have looked around, my suggestion is widely used by various online comment sections. This way the people have the ability to self-moderate. If you don't like it, then start your own forum and run it like you want, no one is stopping you, not even Google or so-called liberals.

funny my arrow under the bar has gone left.... ya, my statement stands and the arrow proves my point..
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I really think such a feature would be abused faster than one could say Jack Spratt.

People can also give a thumbs up... it works both ways.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

funny my arrow under the bar has gone left.... ya, my statement stands and the arrow proves my point..

What point? it is the current rating system and members have spoken.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2016 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What point? it is the current rating system and members have spoken.

the point that I posted above that you replied to, now you act like you have no clue... "what point"
ya, keep playing that card.. it fits you.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't like that, think politics for example.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you like banning people for their political views?

Originally posted by 2.5:

Don't like that, think politics for example.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

the point that I posted above that you replied to, now you act like you have no clue... "what point"
ya, keep playing that card.. it fits you.

You have a double standard and your rating bar shows. What card do you think I am playing?
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have a double standard and your rating bar shows. What card do you think I am playing?

le standard.. hahahah.. I don't rate anyone for their view on subjects...
ooops... same can not be said for you and many here..
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reap what you sow.

le standard.. hahahah.. I don't rate anyone for their view on subjects...
ooops... same can not be said for you and many here..

FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My ads, top and bottom, are back and I am happy about it.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff - you ever think about or hear about something along these lines:

https://affiliate-program.a...ates/join/getstarted

I'm sure that something as easy as a click through that would allow you to wet your beak, wouldn't save the world $ wise, but would sure help. I have another site bookmarked that I click when I shop Amazon, but would be more than willing to swap that out if it was something that you'd offer.

--Allen
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

I'm sure that something as easy as a click through that would allow you to wet your beak, wouldn't save the world $ wise, but would sure help. I have another site bookmarked that I click when I shop Amazon, but would be more than willing to swap that out if it was something that you'd offer.

--Allen

Looks interesting. +1 for you.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 05-08-2016).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2016 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

--Allen

Wonder what I was shopping for that triggered Maserati ads ?.....only $1,000/mo with free maintenance
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock