Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Where did all the ads go? (Or: be careful what you post) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where did all the ads go? (Or: be careful what you post) by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 04-21-2016 02:57 PM
Replies: 176 (3691 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 05-08-2016 01:28 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Oh, plenty of blame to go around Jake. Even my "snowblower man" with his blurred out back side is a violation according to their policy guidelines. Sad part is, we each and all have known from day one, that this is supposed to be a family oriented-family-kid safe 'G-rated' board, even and especially OT.

Agreed.
Another member (and a really good guy) suggested that one of my posts may be one of those in "violation".
It was one of the "Finish the Story" threads.
I used a word that rhymes with "reflection".

Is that a bad word?
Or is it about context?
Could I refer to a "tent in my pants"?

As a admirer of writers & the art of writing, I guess I don't understand where the line is drawn....

P.S. What about when Google decides that I can't talk about Marijuana, because federally it's illegal, even though it's legal in my state?
Or making jokes about drunk-driving?
M.A.D. drove comedian Foster Brooks out-of-business...it wasn't "PC" to joke about drunk-driving.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-23-2016).]

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind folks, that the baby is supposed to be dried off and powdered a bit after it's bath--not thrown out with the dirty bathwater. Some of you, may be over reacting a bit on the personal level.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep in mind folks, that the baby is supposed to be dried off and powdered a bit after it's bath--not thrown out with the dirty bathwater. Some of you, may be over reacting a bit on the personal level.

I just don't want to be the cause......of anyone's troubles.
I'm not here (or anywhere) for that.

I'm all about Peace, Love,.........Spare Change? :handout:

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
Another good point with those ads...I never bother with them since I seldom buy online, and when I do it is someplace where I can order online and pick-up in store, and THOSE types of ads never show up.

I buy online plenty, have clicked on the ads, and have bought things after clicking from Pennocks.

We need to avoid words like **, ***, ****, *****, ******, ******, ********, or *********. I live down the street from the Google plex, you like I should pee on their lawn? Unfortunately corporations have a right to make decisions based on anything or nothing, I believe in trying to influence companies but, I would not like their rights taken away.
I had contacted a drink company about the possibility of changing their formula and I was put through to their scientist. A few emails later, about 3/4 of a year and I helped them change the recipe. I had most time to fuss about stuff back then but, I did demonstrate that a consumer could effect a corporation.
Maybe, if we all email google officials daily.
Knight Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff I would agree that dumping the Trash Can is needed. If most of the ad revenue is made from the O/T and there is some history that is important then it would a mistake to dump the entire O/T. May I suggest that a certain date be picked and anything prior to that date be taken off line and made available by download or dvd only.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Knight Rider:

Cliff I would agree that dumping the Trash Can is needed. If most of the ad revenue is made from the O/T and there is some history that is important then it would a mistake to dump the entire O/T. May I suggest that a certain date be picked and anything prior to that date be taken off line and made available by download or dvd only.

My own personal belief is that there is nothing sacred in TOT that can not be replicated. Nor is there anything of significant value to be found in the Trash Can. I have no problem deleting them both and in fact would delete all of my own threads if I had that capability. Unfortunately, I don't.............Not that I think I or my threads might be the source of this scandal but, because the value they represent is less than nothing to me at this point.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

P.S. What about when Google decides that I can't talk about [weed], because federally it's illegal, even though it's legal in my state?

You know, it's really not, Boonie. Federal trumps state every time. As long as it's illegal on the federal level, it is technically illegal on the state level. The states that allow it are only choosing to NOT enforce the laws against it. Personally (and you didn't ask for my opinion), I don't think it's any worse (or better) than alcohol. I say, make it legal, tax the crap out of it (like tobacco) and be done with it. (I never saved as much money as I did when I quit smoking/chewing a couple years ago.)
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, plenty of blame to go around Jake. Even my "snowblower man" with his blurred out back side is a violation according to their policy guidelines. Sad part is, we each and all have known from day one, that this is supposed to be a family oriented-family-kid safe 'G-rated' board, even and especially OT.

I want to know what we did wrong, is it wrong to talk about the subject at all, or is it OK to talk about the subject if it is all negative to anything related to the subject. we have had many topics that that are also related to homosexuals that turned into a P discussion but many thought one way and others not. How can we tell what is allowed is it just mentioning it or talking about it?

Steve
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

I buy online plenty, have clicked on the ads, and have bought things after clicking from Pennocks.

We need to avoid words like **, ***, ****, *****, ******, ******, ********, or *********. I live down the street from the Google plex, you like I should pee on their lawn? Unfortunately corporations have a right to make decisions based on anything or nothing, I believe in trying to influence companies but, I would not like their rights taken away.
I had contacted a drink company about the possibility of changing their formula and I was put through to their scientist. A few emails later, about 3/4 of a year and I helped them change the recipe. I had most time to fuss about stuff back then but, I did demonstrate that a consumer could effect a corporation.
Maybe, if we all email google officials daily.

If all of us x100 emailed Google, I suspect it would have little to no effect and may even have the opposite of desired effect. Their net worth is over 1/2 Trillion $, and I doubt they care much for our personal opinions in the bigger scheme of things.

We need to avoid words like **, ***, ****, *****, ******, ******, ********, or *********

Ya think? Ironically, that has ALWAYS been the rule here. Cliff has specifically spelled that out as 1 of his few posting rules, has directed us not to circumvent the censor software, and it has been routinely been ignored and trampled on by a few self absorbed people almost daily.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/postingrules.html

Don't try to circumvent the censor system. The forum software automatically censors some 4-letter words (and even some 5- and 6-letter words). Don't try to circumvent it. We all know what you mean with "you svck" (actually, "suck" isn't censored of course, but you get my point).

There is an example of this circumvention on pg1 OT right now--in a thread title, and I have seen even more childish terminology used in thread titles over the last few years.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-24-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So we are no longer allowed to even talk about P in any way shape or form? That sounds like if we do that then we are sanitizing the world to it, not against it. if we don't talk about it, it will be forgotten, like many subject, the confederate flag for example or any statue to confederate generals, if we remove all the threads that even talk about that, how does it make the problem go away. It doesn't. it makes people not even think about or in some cases entire generations no even knowing it happens.

Steve
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can speak of anything we wish, as long as one is comfortable with Cliff P not getting ad revenue because of it.
Search engines are not very selective in the links they bring up.
Looking for lock plates yesterday, I saw musket lock plates as well as door lock plates and even dinner plates.
Google simply does not want to be affiliated with certain subjects and words regarding those subjects. I don't particularly like it, but I do understand it.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2016 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google simply does not want to be affiliated with certain subjects and words regarding those subjects. I don't particularly like it, but I do understand it.

Sooooo, confusing.
If I'm Google, and you merely SAY something I don't like, I can refuse to do business with you.
But if i'm a Bakery, and I refuse to do business for your gay wedding...

Now, I wonder what Googles policy would be after all their clients pulled their accounts based on Googles policy?
I bet dollars-to-donuts Google would crawfish faster'n you can say money talks...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-24-2016).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

You both will have a PM.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2016 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Google isn't the bad guy here. They have standards they require in order for a site to use their ads.
Would you do business with someone who is rude, surly and curses at you? If you said you'd take your business elsewhere, is that stepping on their rights?

The bad guys are us. Me, you, anyone who has ever posted something inappropriate. We've all known the rules and I know I've tip toed around them in the past. Perhaps not with any malice, and maybe with a bit of mischief, but I still knew it was against the rules.

Just as this is Cliff's house and we must respect that, Cliff invited Google to the party. If Google doesn't like the company Cliff keeps, they're going to leave.
WE are the problem.

(looking in the mirror) *I* am the problem. I'll do what I can to fix that.

See this is the problem.. roll over to the whims of company's that place ad's..
same thing the news is doing, letting those that place ad's make the rules and run the country..
one day maybe people will stand up to this..
we can, we don't need googles ad's we can donate to the cause, and then boycott those that place rules like this and the ones that place ad's with a media like that..
sadly no one had the balls.. so roll over and take it, and they wonder how the Nazi's took over..
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

See this is the problem.. roll over to the whims of company's that place ad's..
same thing the news is doing, letting those that place ad's make the rules and run the country..
one day maybe people will stand up to this..
we can, we don't need googles ad's we can donate to the cause, and then boycott those that place rules like this and the ones that place ad's with a media like that..
sadly no one had the balls.. so roll over and take it, and they wonder how the Nazi's took over..

You are free to stand up for anything, as you see fit. Build a server, register a domain name and have at it.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2016 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

You are free to stand up for anything, as you see fit. Build a server, register a domain name and have at it.

or buy..
cliff a few beers every month,

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

or buy..
cliff a few beers every month,

and abide by the rules.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since ads are needed to keep the forum going, aren't there other sponsors besides Google? How about Bing or any of the other search engines that are less picky about what is posted? This forum is large enough that it should attract enough sponsors to keep it going and even make it profitable. Is it a matter of sponsor exclusivity? There has to be a solution to this that doesn't involve censorship. With censorship there is no free flow of ideas or discussions. People can get offended by anything, all one needs to do to see this is look at how college students are reacting to sidewalk chalk writing.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

See this is the problem.. roll over to the whims of company's that place ad's.....

Nobody's saying roll over and take it. If you want to do business with a company you have to attract their business. Cliff can very easily tell Google to take a walk and Google will take their ball and go home.

Don't expect them to keep PAYING Cliff after Cliff gives them the boot, though. You don't pay people you refuse to do business with. They won't either.

If you've ever been a business owner you know you have to attract and retain both clients and customers. Without customers and clients your business will fail. If you want to consider attracting customers the same as "rolling over" then I'd like to know how you manage to make a living without rolling over. Unless you're independently wealthy, you have a job to do and you do it as required or you don't get paid.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

If you want to consider attracting customers the same as "rolling over" then I'd like to know how you manage to make a living without rolling over.

lol.
Now I know why I never liked going to work.
It's starts it's day by "rolling me over"!

Wait, isn't "rolling me over" alluding to something Google might not like?
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya know....I wonder how much of googles policies are googles, and how much are obummers...

http://www.valuewalk.com/20.../google-world-order/
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Ya know....I wonder how much of googles policies are googles, and how much are obummers...

http://www.valuewalk.com/20.../google-world-order/

Definitely Obama's because any reasonable person wouldn't have cared about the infractions Google is accusing us of.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Definitely Obama's because any reasonable person wouldn't have cared about the infractions Google is accusing us of.

lol, Obama being blamed for googles business policy's, this thread is officially complete.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 04-25-2016).]

dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

lol, Obama being blamed for googles business policy's, this thread is officially complete.

So you don't believe that the federal government pressures private industry? lol

I haven't seen the thread in question, I don't know if it was a scapegoat reason, or a legit concern of Google.

I do not recall anytime on this forum that anyone encouraged the pword.

Google's policy only seems against posting pics of minors or advocating the pword in some form. Speaking out against it or discussing news articles relating to it, do not seem to be a violation.

If I had to guess, I would look at that other forum, as they have repeatedly called certain members the pword.

I can only assume, but I think someone ran to Google with the accusations.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Maybe a non Google ad section that has non politically correct subjects. One that requires login to view and covers politics, religion, and anything nsfw.

Surley there are advitisers other than Google for that section, that are more tolerable to free speech.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

So you don't believe that the federal government pressures private industry? lol

I haven't seen the thread in question, I don't know if it was a scapegoat reason, or a legit concern of Google.

I do not recall anytime on this forum that anyone encouraged the pword.

Google's policy only seems against posting pics of minors or advocating the pword in some form. Speaking out against it or discussing news articles relating to it, do not seem to be a violation.

If I had to guess, I would look at that other forum, as they have repeatedly called certain members the pword.

I can only assume, but I think someone ran to Google with the accusations.

Google's policy guidelines go a lot further than that.
For instance, no google ad may be placed on a webpage in which a link to nudity is placed.

Adult links to external sites
Google ads may not be placed on pages that provide links for or drive traffic to adult or mature sites.

Fetishes and sexual aids
Google ads may not be placed on pages that promote, sell, or discuss sexual fetishes, aids, devices, or enhancement tools.

A fetish may be an obsession or sexual desire in which gratification is dependent upon specific objects (diapers, food items, etc.), materials (leather, latex, etc), parts of a body (feet, toes, ears, etc.), or situations. Examples of types of fetishes and fetishistic practices may include, but are not limited to:

bestiality, necrophilia, incest, and voyeurism
role-playing, bondage, dominance and submission
sadomasochism, snuff
Google may consider something to be a sexual aid, device, or enhancement tool if it is used for sexual pleasure and/or to improve sexual experiences. This includes, but is not limited to:

sexual toys such as vibrators, dildos, personal lubricants
penis and breast enlargement tools and/or medications
Note: Certain medications used to treat conditions like erectile dysfunction fall under our prescription drug policy.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google ads may not be placed on pages that provide links for or drive traffic to adult or mature sites.

Somehow, adult and mature are not often the first words that come to mind when I think of many of us.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Since ads are needed to keep the forum going, aren't there other sponsors besides Google? How about Bing or any of the other search engines that are less picky about what is posted? This forum is large enough that it should attract enough sponsors to keep it going and even make it profitable. Is it a matter of sponsor exclusivity? There has to be a solution to this that doesn't involve censorship. With censorship there is no free flow of ideas or discussions. People can get offended by anything, all one needs to do to see this is look at how college students are reacting to sidewalk chalk writing.

That's what I was thinking. Is Google the only game in town? Where do the 'bad' sites get their adverts?

Brad
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

That's what I was thinking. Is Google the only game in town? Where do the 'bad' sites get their adverts?

Brad

Well, I would assume the ones with less scruples, the adverts and method of delivery would reflect that. Ever been to those pages with the bouncing tata adverts? The pop-ups that say "You must be 18 to play"... The pop-ups you have to end task to get rid of?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or...............how ''bout we just clean up our act here in OT and keep it that way?
Too much to ask?
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or...............how ''bout we just clean up our act here in OT and keep it that way?
Too much to ask?

I don't think it's to much to ask. Common courtesy appears to be like common sense though, not very common...
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One additonal thought.....is it possible to keep TOT and the archive but remove all images/links to images.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't recall ever seeing anything offensive being posted other than the vitriol directed at some people. I find this thing to be a very sad commentary on googles effort to take away our first amendment rights, enough to cause me to look for another search engine and I've been a fan of google right from the start. Any other recommended ones?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I find this thing to be a very sad commentary on googles effort to take away our first amendment rights

Google isn't trying to take away anyone's First Amendment rights. They're electing to not do business with a site that they don't approve of.
(ignoring the whole "First Amendment" applying to someone hosting their business in the Netherlands).

It's disturbing how many people think refusing to PAY someone for their speech is the same thing as censoring them.

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I can't recall ever seeing anything offensive being posted other than the vitriol directed at some people. I find this thing to be a very sad commentary on googles effort to take away our first amendment rights, enough to cause me to look for another search engine and I've been a fan of google right from the start. Any other recommended ones?

Say goodbye to Google: 14 alternative search engines
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Adult links to external sites

Fetishes and sexual aids
Google ads may not be placed on pages that promote, sell, or discuss sexual fetishes, aids, devices, or enhancement tools.

A fetish may be an obsession or sexual desire in which gratification is dependent upon specific objects (diapers, food items, etc.), materials (leather, latex, etc), parts of a body (feet, toes, ears, etc.), or situations. Examples of types of fetishes and fetishistic practices may include, but are not limited to:

bestiality, necrophilia, incest, and voyeurism
role-playing, bondage, dominance and submission
sadomasochism, snuff
Google may consider something to be a sexual aid, device, or enhancement tool if it is used for sexual pleasure and/or to improve sexual experiences. This includes, but is not limited to:

sexual toys such as vibrators, dildos, personal lubricants
penis and breast enlargement tools and/or medications
Note: Certain medications used to treat conditions like erectile dysfunction fall under our prescription drug policy.

That list is ridicules and how do we drive people to other mature sites? We may have adds in the link but for the life of me it was adds on the site that was offensive to the bible thumpers at google. If you are looking at a medical site asking for info about a medical problem and has an advertisement for ++ jelly they could put us on their drop list.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-26-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Besides that some words in one language's mean different things in others. If some guy in England asks for a ### it is not the same thing asking for a ### in English.

While we both speak English, the same word can mean something different in a different country.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-26-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By 'drive' I guess they include the term 'direct' in their definition. An alternative way of stating it is: 'links that [direct] users to adult or mature sites".

The Bible btw, is used by members of the Christian religion. Both founders of google (Sergey Brinn and Larry Page) are said to be Jewish (by way of their mother's religious preference) tho one athiest website says/claims Larry Page is an athiest. Either way, neither would be accurately called a "bible thumper', not that it has anything at all to do with the current PFF problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...y_life_and_education
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...y_life_and_education
https://athefist.wordpress....-the-richest-people/

Current Google CEO, Sundar Pichai, is Hindu--Brahmin caste I believe.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-26-2016).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too much to ask?

Decorum? Restraint? Respect even?

History has shown it is....here, anyway.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock