Started on: 06-01-2014 10:48 AM
Replies: 129 (1205 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-08-2014 08:32 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 21.
IP: Logged
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 22.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will love this read....

http://lifehacker.com/58915...librate-your-reality

A lot of what he says IS true to at least some extent, especially about the "dress the part" and changing clothes to change your self-perception. I know going to work in a suit/ tie made me much more effective in meetings and at the sales or management end of things, but much less effective hands-on in the shop and jeans/ workboots worked the opposite.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found that even with a positive outlook and increased physical activity, weight reduction is not likely without counting calories. I really have made no measurable progress towards my goal of 160lbs.

On the other hand, I am determined to get there and increasing efforts incrementally may be part of the intended process. So, now I have my head in the game, I am burning more calories, I have changed my diet, I will be more aware of calories, and try to reduce calories in the evening to avoid "sleeping on them".

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

A lot of what he says IS true to at least some extent, especially about the "dress the part" and changing clothes to change your self-perception. I know going to work in a suit/ tie made me much more effective in meetings and at the sales or management end of things, but much less effective hands-on in the shop and jeans/ workboots worked the opposite.

Definitely dress the part. At work, I only wear carpenter pants, and dark blue shirts free of any writing. The next guy can wear his "Weed is King" shirt all day long, but I choose to at least look professional. It is important that customers see me as reliable, and not a dirt ball.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I have found that even with a positive outlook and increased physical activity, weight reduction is not likely without counting calories. I really have made no measurable progress towards my goal of 160lbs.

On the other hand, I am determined to get there and increasing efforts incrementally may be part of the intended process. So, now I have my head in the game, I am burning more calories, I have changed my diet, I will be more aware of calories, and try to reduce calories in the evening to avoid "sleeping on them".

Your goal of 160 elbows may not be reachable immediately, but only by staying the course will you succeed. Never forget the exercise you are putting in creates muscle. Blah, blah, blah.

Good luck!

160 lbs? Are you 5' 4"?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Your goal of 160 elbows may not be reachable immediately, but only by staying the course will you succeed. Never forget the exercise you are putting in creates muscle. Blah, blah, blah.

Good luck!

160 lbs? Are you 5' 4"?

5'8" and I always wanted to look like that Hindu chick with all the arms! That's why I need all those elbows!

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Thanks for that - interesting stuff.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 23.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12441 posts
Member since Jan 2012
MOndays are the hardest to 'stick with it', for a half-dozen reasons...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 24.

RAH RAH RAH!
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today will be the challenge of the month... if I complete today on top, the entire month was a success.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carpe ****ing Diem!!!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Today will be the challenge of the month... if I complete today on top, the entire month was a success.

Awesome, good luck!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12441 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Interesting insight from the past...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-24-2014).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did solid work today but didn't finish. I'm worn out. 40 minutes left and I just can't concentrate on anything. I have quite a bit of work to do and the meeting is at 9AM tomorrow. So I'm taking a mental rest until 4 when we take the van back home. I'll be in bed by 5, up at midnight, and back up to the office to finish this by 1:30. That gives me 7 hours to finish it--almost a full day. This is crunch time boys.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rest is important- maybe take a powernap!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 25.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Interesting insight from the past...

That is one lost hippie. So if the human race is ending its ok to drink Japanese ceremonial tea.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sometimes feel we're one lost species...

I like a lot of what he said(here and some other things of his I read yesterday) but it's funny...
married 3x, drank himself to death. But lost? I think he was trying to convey an idea of what to do when you find yourself lost. Reminds me of Sonya from Mind walk. Systems thinking...

It seems a lot of folks "re-invent" themselves a few times during their life - they molt, and leave the old stuff behind. I have trouble letting go sometimes. I get too attached to things which (really) don't matter. I wonder if I actually 'enjoy' retro, or if it's just that it's "safer" to revisit something you're experienced before. SOme new stuff is awesome, but there's a LOT I don't like.

I prefer old "solid" tools, the new ones just seem so cheaply made. Even the "low-end" old ones seem better. I like the "shiny and new", but prefer to turn the rusty screw.
Anyway... Day 25.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-25-2014).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We move ahead, or fall behind. The choice is ours.

Will I reach my goals in thirty days? More than likely no, but I cannot be stopped. I am gravity...
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I KILLED IT!

So we have the rest of the month to go, and there is still a lot of work to be done, but I'm feeling great.

My goal was to be a better worker, essentially. In the video he says goals should be more specific, but the examples he gave were broad, so I went with broad.

I had been caring far more about my social life than I was about any work that had to be done. I got my stuff "done" but it wasn't pretty.

But this month I put my foot down and really have been busting ass most of the month (besides one or two slip up days). It was apparent after about two weeks that I was multitasking way better than before. My boss apparently saw this because out of nowhere I started getting way more responsibility. It was too much to handle for the Brennan of last month, but this month I smiled and said okay, and today I just gave the largest presentation I've given yet at work, and I had only a few days from start to finish. Today was crunch time, I got in early, and I finished at 8:45 (meeting was at 9). Boom. The month was a success.

I have a bit to do before the end of the month, but I'm just going to work a few hours over the weekend. The hard stuff is over, I have passed.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I KILLED IT!

KNEW you had it in ya, kid!

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Brennen... *slow clap* Bravo young man. Bravo.

My goals are more broad also. I want to perform better at work and play. This has changed a lot about the way I handle **** . I have always ate decent and worked out, but I am attacking things with greater force and care. My intake has been healthier. My stamina incredible. Just my general nature has become more productive.

I swear by this test. Next month will be a more focused test for me. I have goals. They are not impossible.

I want to give TDA a hug. Maybe a kiss also. Perhaps a poke. . OK, just a thank you.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! I agree, though I've never done the "3 Secrets To Success" book-type thing before, the way he spoke his message in the video really brought it out to me and I know my mindset was slacking before.

Next month is a different goal. More specific, like yours, Tony.

But this month isn't over, it's not just 30 days either. Gotta keep myself focused if I want the habit to be a strong one.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could get a tattoo of my face on your heiny!, or "I <3 TDA" or buy me a beer. or buy my friend's book and read about how it's the future, and I'm dead.

I pushed myself to do 3 things this week which I normally wouldn't have, and all three were successful. I already have my main goal set up for the next 30 day cycle...
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I failed this month, but I know why, and learned from it.
I learned:
- 30 days goes by really fast!
- I get distracted from my goals very easily.
- When I stopped doing what he said to do in the video, it was over.
- I'm a quitter. Something is important at first, but I give up too soon.

My goal was also broad, like others have said, but it was leading up to a specific event. For me, this really was a "test".
Next month I'm going for something completely different. Not a huge life change thing, just something that I need to stay motivated to work on it or it won't get done.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I failed this month, but I know why, and learned from it.
I learned:
- 30 days goes by really fast!
- I get distracted from my goals very easily.
- When I stopped doing what he said to do in the video, it was over.
- I'm a quitter. Something is important at first, but I give up too soon.

My goal was also broad, like others have said, but it was leading up to a specific event. For me, this really was a "test".
Next month I'm going for something completely different. Not a huge life change thing, just something that I need to stay motivated to work on it or it won't get done.

Why wait? In my other "30 day" threads,(all started on the same day) I have folks at day 25,day 8, day 3, and day 1.

You learned some things, which is good. You made progress. Remember, I posted that Earl guy because it's only 30 minutes long (the 30 day part dominates the second half of it) you don't need to follow him (or my 'take' on it)

Reboot, start tomorrow with Day 1. That destroys the "quitter" part of yourself. You tear it out, and leave it on the ground TODAY like a candy wrapper.Jot down your goal tonight, and tomorrow is Day 1. Each day after, you are one day further from that part of you which no longer exists.
Make the goal something achievable.
If you reach your goal prior to 30 days, jot down a new one and reset the clock.

Remember, this is just MY "day 25".

Good luck, and be well.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Sounds good to me! Sure, I can do that. And yes, I'm certain my next goal is achievable.

Amen, brutha!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

^ Sounds good to me! Sure, I can do that. And yes, I'm certain my next goal is achievable.

Amen, brutha!

Check your PM.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 26.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Failure is only achievable when one wishes it so.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Failure is only achievable when one wishes it so.

I dunno, man, I can see how you can fail at something and you didn't wish to fail.

Sometimes, you simply don't possess the necessary insight (foresight) to see you just had no chance in hell to succeed.
I very much enjoy the concept of creating your own reality, but I guess that something you can find some measure of success in failure. like when a group of soldiers hold off an enemy at a pivotal moment, and even though they personally fail (are mortally wounded) their side is victorious...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-26-2014).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I should elaborate...

If something is a failure, it is only so if we do not learn from that failure.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I should elaborate...

If something is a failure, it is only so if we do not learn from that failure.

Thanks, I'm just grumpy today because sometimes, some "thing" can be a failure if more than one person is involved in the "thing"... grrrrr
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in hearing how any of you have incorporated the "spiritual" component of this process. Have you begun praying about your goal? Do you search your "bible" for nuggets of wisdom related to working toward goals? Do you meditate about your goal? Have you revealed your involvement in this process in a live group forum such as a "sunday school"?

Curious about it. Whatcha got?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I'd be interested in hearing how any of you have incorporated the "spiritual" component of this process. Have you begun praying about your goal? Do you search your "bible" for nuggets of wisdom related to working toward goals? Do you meditate about your goal? Have you revealed your involvement in this process in a live group forum such as a "sunday school"?

Curious about it. Whatcha got?

During my commute to/from work, I'd listen to the audio file while I worked on one of my goals (i had three instead of one) in my notebook(almost like a mantra) a few of us would discuss it daily during lunch.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 27.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Boosted... While not religious, I am spiritual. I think you would be surprised at just how much I live as a christian. Morals are a huge deal to me. Besides the god thing, I believe you would be impressed.

All of us are moving forward.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

@ Boosted... While not religious, I am spiritual. I think you would be surprised at just how much I live as a christian. Morals are a huge deal to me. Besides the god thing, I believe you would be impressed.

All of us are moving forward.

Can you tell me how you approach this philosophy from a spiritual standpoint? Earl is very specific about his scriptures such as "ask and it shall be given". I have not "asked God" to help me lose my weight. Not that I disagree with the idea, just haven't given this up to God yet. Yes, stupid, I know. It just feels kinda funny asking for help with something so trivial. But, maybe those things are God's favorite requests. I mean, people always ask God for help with the big overwhelming things after they have run themselves into the ground trying to solve their own problems. Maybe God would like to be in from the start to help guide us from the beginning to avoid those catastrophic roadblocks.

Thoughts (other than "there's no God, etc) please?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock