Started on: 06-01-2014 10:48 AM
Replies: 129 (1205 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-08-2014 08:32 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Backround info here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/106927.html

Write down your goal on a piece of paper.

You become what you think about.

For the nest 30 days, focus on your goal.

For me, I will also eliminate the amount of time I "waste" in the internet - the "free" time I usually spend engaging in (or passivly reading about) things which do not serve my goal. I'll still post, but won't waste time getting my blood boiled up over things which I can't do anything about but will only distract me from taking action towards my goal.

Earl mentions "Plateaus of Security" - Think of a graph as a series of roughly drawn steps,moving upwards These "Plateaus of security" are the flat level spots in our growth which are very very comfortable little nooks. Most, if not all of us exist in these zones. Eventually, we find one which suits our needs, we don't feel the need to go further up. Moving up sometimes involves losing that which we currently have, but not all that we have serves us, it just keeps us on that plateau... growing up, we reach a few of these early on, and we are motivated to higher plateaus by our peers, adults and teachers, and our own motivation. Like when we have mastered crawling, and then see all the benifits of walking...

I have some stuff to deal with now, but I wanted to start the thread off today.

So - DAY 1.

I have written my goal on my card. I have put it in my wallet.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wallet's ok but what about in your face?

http://7is7.com/otto/countdown.html
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Taped on bathroom mirror. Taped on car steering wheel. Taped on monitor at work.

Printed out and stuck on the bottom of my BlackBerry screen. And in my wallet.

I think that's enough spots.

Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Taped on bathroom mirror. Taped on car steering wheel. Taped on monitor at work.

Printed out and stuck on the bottom of my BlackBerry screen. And in my wallet.

I think that's enough spots.

I like the back of the mobile phone. I have my goal in several places, but it is hand written. I was thinking of printing it out to make it nice looking.

I'll do it. Because I'm a doer.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2014 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

If thats the countdown to armegeddon----I DONT WANNA WAIT THAT LONG !!!!!

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-02-2014).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 2.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is to be a better worker at work. The past few months I have cared more about my personal life than professional, and some things have gotten by me at work.

Going to hunker down and work my ass off, try and make a habit of just being a better employee.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010
I got 2 other people to join in the fun.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I got 2 other people to join in the fun.

Very cool.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far so good. Several times today, I have had to pull the card out of my pocket to remind me.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 3.

Yesterday was more difficult than I anticipated. Hope today is better.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Day 3.

Me too. But, today is another chance at greatness.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Day 3.

Can you elaborate on why it was difficult? Earl said to wake up being cheerful about your goal and think positivly about it. Said the only way to fail is to become overwhelmed by negative thoughts.

At this point in my challenge, I'm just happy to let my excess pounds evaporate away. Earl said to ponder the goal and the path to the solution will come to us. I will prolly start hitting the weights today, though. I usually enjoy that anyway.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check yer PM, boosted.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check yer PM, boosted.

PM returned!

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous goal reached. I am a paper millionaire before 50. New goal is to pay off one of my properties before my son finishes high school. As is, the math does not work but, that is what makes it a challenge.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Previous goal reached. I am a paper millionaire before 50. New goal is to pay off one of my properties before my son finishes high school. As is, the math does not work but, that is what makes it a challenge.

I assume "the math" is a reference to money available. If so, the goal should be modified to be "attain more money to pay the property off". IMHO

I believe that the goal itself is as important as the journey to it. If we set an ill-chosen goal, we have doomed ourselves before we have started. The goal must be something that you can have influence on.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

The math associated with your current situation doesn't work out,but if your goal is to pay it off in a specific amount of time ,by focusing on it, you may find some side revenue which might help to pay it off, or small amounts of money you normally toss at other things you might toss at that debt instead...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 4.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the "Secret" that was viral a few years ago. I hate to admit it, but I gave it a go and had some success. It was weird how some things just fell into place.

Good luc bro!
Cheers!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2014 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a secondary goal this morning a zero-4am......As you guys know, I have been a fixed wing plot but never a rotary wing (IE: jackass helicopters )---ONE of our members here has spent years offering to teach me to fly them to US Army standards.

So, I crawled into a Robson R-22 at 4am with not NEAR enough coffee in me for this....take-off was 'inteteresting" (as in, arent we supposed to roll foreward before going up?)

WTF is up with these backwards peddles?....and 5 tries later I was landing it without the instructor poking a pencil in my ear and wacking me on the head.

I still cant hover, but overall not a bad experience. I understand why you guys love them.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-04-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

Sounds like the "Secret" that was viral a few years ago. I hate to admit it, but I gave it a go and had some success. It was weird how some things just fell into place.

Good luc bro!
Cheers!

Yeah,its similar, but "The Secret" imo, really focused on how your intention itself manifests the object, instead of the shift in mindset.

One thing i've been doing is to push myself more- to take the ten seconds to do a simple task rather than figure out a time to do it.

And to make sure my son sees it. It's been rubbing off on him.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still with you all.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I made a secondary goal this morning a zero-4am.....

That's AWESOME, man!
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's AWESOME, man!

YOU are awesome!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-6-077370.html

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 06-04-2014).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 06-05-2014).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 5 - loved all that awesomness up there!

I'll blab a little more when I get to the train del amore.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12441 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Chuggin' along through the day. How you doing?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Packing a few things for my move. Getting berated by my ex. I am strangely at peace.

This concept has everything to do with it's user. I am liking where this is going. Will I buy my Aventador in 30 days? **** no! But I feel that anything is within reach.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey man, ya never know...You gotta be in it to win it.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One thing i've been doing is to push myself more- to take the ten seconds to do a simple task rather than figure out a time to do it.

Reminds me of many workplaces, having a meeting to make a comittee to schedule another meeting ...and on ...and on.
Procrastination is sure a defeater too. Overcoming that is nice!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 6.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 7.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still going.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Day 7.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Not yet, but later on this afternoon (got my 1st REAL DECENT date in ages ) ....Yes, the words "Hey ya'all watch this WILL be involved with this one

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Admittedly, I have not have been given this much thought this past two days. But I do notice a pattern here. My focus is much more narrowed, and that makes for a clearer frame of mind. This is the beginning of a habit.

Thanks again TDA for bringing this into my life. I see value here.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 8.

Back from a camping trip. Tired and Dirty and happy. Bathtime for car + tent + people.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12441 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Admittedly, I have not have been given this much thought this past two days. But I do notice a pattern here. My focus is much more narrowed, and that makes for a clearer frame of mind. This is the beginning of a habit.

Thanks again TDA for bringing this into my life. I see value here.

Stick with it -it sounds like you've reached one of those "foo" points - like someone taking medication - you sometimes start feeling better before you're done taking all the doses prescribed - double up your effort - read the goal twice as much today!

I've got three days' worth of projects to do today, gonna just do one at a time, and not worry about finishing them all.

Cleanin' up the mind is a very very very good thing. Hard to keep it clear once you de-clutter the attic, but at least the stuff that trying to creep in might be "better stuff"

Have an Interesting Sunday folks
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still at it. Finally took some notes and made my card today. I have checked my weight several times this month and it has been lower each time.

I have thought about my goal every day. I have a little conflict about "cheerfully imagining" my goal to discover the many paths to success, allowing the path to come from a "higher source", and also "acting" on my plan.

How do you do all of that at the same time?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock