Started on: 06-01-2014 10:48 AM
Replies: 129 (1207 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-08-2014 08:32 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boosted...

Just try not to accomplish everything. Spread it out, and enjoy knowing you are moving forward. Rome...

What a positive influence this has been. Good luck to you all.
IP: Logged
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 9.

Nope, it wasn't built in a day, but it WAS built...

How was the road to Rome built? Brick by brick. Day by day. Listen to the link every few days it will re-fuel the engine of change, remind you to keep working at forming those new habits...

Today's focus for me will be to not let little annoyances distract me from what I want to do today.

edit: ugh, it's been a rough day so far. Gotta 'up the effort' three nothches...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-09-2014).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 10.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 11.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 12.
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Day 12.

I'm still going. I'm noticing that I'm starting to go a little further each day. I'm getting up a little earlier. Not watching TV. Reading books at more pages per day then I use to.

The Spouse is wondering my printed out goal cards I have every where.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I'm still going. I'm noticing that I'm starting to go a little further each day. I'm getting up a little earlier. Not watching TV. Reading books at more pages per day then I use to.

The Spouse is wondering my printed out goal cards I have every where.

Cool! You know, you CAN tell her about it.

I've been doing well so far, but a few of the things I am doing are opening up cans of worms which are exhausting and frustrating. Lots of time on the phone with support, and a lot of potentially dangerous mouse-clicks...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, you saw my wall. The sledge hammer is out.

This has been an impressively positive experience. Set backs happen, but the future is brighter.

TDA... Once again thank you for posting this. Positive vibes...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Well, you saw my wall. The sledge hammer is out.

This has been an impressively positive experience. Set backs happen, but the future is brighter.

TDA... Once again thank you for posting this. Positive vibes...

**** you, Tony!!!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been good today. The first day that I have failed. But I still have a few hours left... gonna hit reset and go again.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I haven't been good today. The first day that I have failed. But I still have a few hours left... gonna hit reset and go again.

I came very very close twice so far. I just forced myself to "power through" and then moved on.

If you can land the plane and refuel and take off again, keep with the count. If you need time to recoup, hit that rest button.

I 'm going to replace my goal with another come day 30, so it's not lie there will be an "end" for me...

But dang, once things start to 'flow', and you find yourself climbing out of that "plateau of security", things get a bit wobbily.

Good luck, and keep swimming!
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno....I keep trying but am starting to get discouraged with my main goal. 30 days MAY have been a little tight of a timeline to become "Supreme evil overlord of all of existance"......It seems satan is pretty happy with his digs, pay and job description and doenst want to move on with his life....

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep at it kids. If it takes more than 30 so be it. Keep your goals. Keep focused. YOU CAN DO THIS.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm seeing a few people having trouble today, listen to the clip again, if you can.
(i listen to it to/from work while I'm working on my tablet or (paper) notebook)
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done the wrong thing and focused on the "how" instead of just concentrating on the goal itself. Then I got depressed that progress had not happened as I would have liked.

My goal is in the area of physical improvement, getting ready for a semi-annual checkup. So the "how" is important, but if I had followed the instructions and put my mind on the goal, the daily things would have taken care of themselves.

But there is still time. I'm correcting that, and pressing onward to victory.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I have done the wrong thing and focused on the "how" instead of just concentrating on the goal itself. Then I got depressed that progress had not happened as I would have liked.

My goal is in the area of physical improvement, getting ready for a semi-annual checkup. So the "how" is important, but if I had followed the instructions and put my mind on the goal, the daily things would have taken care of themselves.

But there is still time. I'm correcting that, and pressing onward to victory.

The "how" IS important, especially if you are a practical/ critical thinker. I briefly (about 6 months) dated a girl about 10-12 years ago who had the "just do it" attitude when itcame to money and wanting things. She has been bankrupt 3 times in life and will never get credit again.....so yeh, sometimes "how" DOES matter.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, keep in mind that there are limitations as to what you can do regarding certain things. Your goal is to move a boulder. You can't lift it yourself, but you can rent the equipment to do it. When it comes to your physical body, it's not always going to go as planned, exactly on schedule. Same with ANY plan... but if you keep at it, keep focusing on the goal,you will continue to make course corrections to arrive. when you're holding yer bow, just keep shooting arrows at your target,you'll eventually hut the bullseye.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 13. Some major progress yesterday and last night.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Positive progress for me also. Interviews went well, and got offered several positions. Took the best one. Start Monday.

Even without this "test", I never sit still. But the mindset that this thread has brought on is only positive.

Birthdays bring back horrible memories. I am fighting that today. I will win, but I know a battle will be fought today.

Keep up the forward motion kids. My thought are with you...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More progress today. Lots more. Part of me is ready to go to bed. I'll poke that part of me with a stick and get it back in line.
But the stuff that happened today would not have happened had I not started doing this. I see that it's not 100% , but it's "working".
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 14.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steady progression towards a worthy ideal.

Going a little faster. Last night I stayed up to the wee hours in the morning.

I just went through an entire semester course at MIT online in one night.

This morning I'm pumped and going to the gym to pump now.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-14-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hells yeah!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 15.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 16.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Day 16.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WWKD?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 17.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hit a major milestone last night. Much, much sooner or kind of (maybe not at all) than expected.

I'm rolling strong.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just pushing through today. Gonna smile over strife. Not gonna keep me down. Definitely still @ it.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, keep it up!

Today will be a challenging day.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 18.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 19.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The beginning of yet another day of advancement. The past several days have been difficult. I work with some very unsafe individuals. I need to be on my toes constantly. Today will not be that way. Today I take charge. Enough of this crap. Step up, or step down.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-19-2014).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's weird. I like how he said, "Don't worry about the how, that your focus on your goal will take you there."

I have learned new concepts that completely changes how I understand how the mind works and how to best optimize your time to learning new things, retain information and how to make yourself a better expert in some particular field.

I only wish I was exposed to this earlier in life.

But no time like the present. I'm going full steam.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's weird. I like how he said, "Don't worry about the how, that your focus on your goal will take you there."

I have learned new concepts that completely changes how I understand how the mind works and how to best optimize your time to learning new things, retain information and how to make yourself a better expert in some particular field.

I only wish I was exposed to this earlier in life.

But no time like the present. I'm going full steam.

I hear ya, Wish I tried this years ago. I've been more productive during the last 19 days than I have been the last 19 years. I've done this sort of thing before, but I've never been so successful at it.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to share what my progress has been, but I will wait until the end
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh. Just discovered that I will need to start one of my side projects from scratch (I was hoping to bring at least *some* of the code into the new one, but I can see that just won't work.)

Not the best news, but it just means more time in front of a keyboard.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Day 20.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock