Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Will we ever know what happened to Malaysia Flight MH-370 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Will we ever know what happened to Malaysia Flight MH-370 by maryjane
Started on: 03-10-2014 09:00 AM
Replies: 365 (7236 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 01-17-2017 08:17 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tragic event for sure, but I have to admit I do love a good real life mystery.
An airliner just "disapears" off radar without a word or warning. 3 days later, no wreckage found. No clues, tho lots of speculation surrounding some stolen passports.
The 777 aircraft is considered one of the safest in the skies. What happened?
http://abcnews.go.com/Inter...70/story?id=22838958

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...-aviation-chief.html

This one has a lot of people upset.
http://abcnews.go.com/Inter...ne/story?id=22842452
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found it odd that there was no thread in here regarding this mystery.

I thought they had more of a clue where each plane was (roughly)

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I find amazing, is that with all the hitech and spy stuff out there, they should have actually seen the plane going down. They say they can read a watch from a satellite 25,000 miles up....but they cant find an airliner ?
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

by the way i do not make these, i just type it in google and someone already made one for every occasion it seems. Interesting read i had not heard of this

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 03-10-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"A shadowy group called the Chinese Martyrs’ Brigade has claimed responsibility for the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 — but officials were skeptical and said the claim could be a hoax.

The group — unheard of before now — on Sunday sent an email to journalists across China that read: “You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as pay back,”

“There is no sound or credible grounds to justify their claims,” he said, according to Malaysian news reports.

Other officials said the claim could be a hoax aimed at increasing ethnic tensions between Uighurs and Han Chinese in the wake of the recent knife attack in the southwestern city of Kunming on March 1 that left 29 people dead and injured about 140 others.

The message was delivered through an anonymous, encrypted Hushmail service that is virtually impossible to trace, they said."

http://nypost.com/2014/03/1...arallels-to-lockerbi

Terror wars? I wonder if there will be much conventional war anymore.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the callers to a talk radio program, last night, were speculating that it had been hijacked and was on the ground, somewhere. Possibly to be used in some future terrorist attack.

I think it went down in the ocean. It's not surprising that they haven't found any wreckage, yet. The ocean is a big place. A few miles in either direction, even from up in the air, and you could miss it.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Lost"....

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a lot of War Games being played over in that general area, so it wouldn't be surprised to find out somebodies Military screwed up. This one could take a very long time to determine what happened, so far Terrorist/s seems to lead opinion.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

What I find amazing, is that with all the hitech and spy stuff out there, they should have actually seen the plane going down. They say they can read a watch from a satellite 25,000 miles up....but they cant find an airliner ?

You're assuming that they have that kind of visual resolution everywhere all at the same time and are constantly recording everything, everwhere.
How well can you read a watch you're not looking at?

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-10-2014).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

by the way i do not make these, i just type it in google and someone already made one for every occasion it seems.

Seriously???

I totally thought you just typed one up for every thread.

Originally posted by Raydar:

I think it went down in the ocean. It's not surprising that they haven't found any wreckage, yet. The ocean is a big place. A few miles in either direction, even from up in the air, and you could miss it.

My thoughts exactly.

Or...............

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

seriously?

yeah man i promise you, there are bigger nerds than me i guess out there on the interwebs. Google image "Malaysia flight aliens meme" it comes up
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Might take a few days to sort thru all the data.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Formula88:

You're assuming that they have that kind of visual resolution everywhere all at the same time and are constantly recording everything, everwhere.

Which is a safe assumption.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Which is a safe assumption.

But if so, those folk dont talk about it, or whats on it
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

But if so, those folk dont talk about it, or whats on it

Right. First rule is dont talk about what you can do.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was another smaller jet that crashed in Florida a few years back. It nose dived into a swamp and it was hard to find also. So this might be the same type of thing where it just went straight down into the water somewhere and hit intact until it smashed itself all up in a ball.

But, it still is a mystery for now. I wonder if we will ever know what actually did happen.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

How well can you read a watch you're not looking at?

Well Norad says it keeps track of every scrap, nut and screw in orbit, and everything flying above the ground. That should include an airliner. They can detect water puddles on a planet in another solar sytem...but cant find 100 tons of scrap metal within a 500 mile circle.,,even if its underwater and transmitting a signal.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most likely, something like a loss of pressure at altitude but, you'd still think the crew would have gotten a "Mayday" out. There's a lot of air space over the ocean that is not under radar coverage and satellite coverage is dedicated to what the owner of that satellite wants it to be doing so, I'm left with The Langoliers.

I sincerely doubt it was hi jacked for future ransom or use as a threat as has been proposed according to the news but, I suppose anything is possible just not very probable. Eventually, it'll be found, I'm confident of that. They found the Titanic, they'll find Flight 370.
------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-10-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the discussions I've been hearing about it, I'm starting to think it was shot down. No distress signal at all means whatever happened took out the plane's communication before the flight crew could send a mayday.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah i agree with the shot down theory. If it truly disappeared or VANISHED if you will, then it had to be an immediate strike , and that high in the air someone is going to be able to try to make a "last call" on a cellphonen or a pilot sending out a mayday
deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three words...North Korean hijackers.

More than a little bit of conflict lately between China and NK.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or.........
Pe-emptive strike by Malaysian Air Force to preven someone from flyin the plane into a Malaysian skyscraper..

Or...
Pe-emptive strike by Chinese Air Force to preven someone from flyin the plane into a Chinese skyscraper..

Or..
Who knows???///

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deceler8:

Three words...North Korean hijackers.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

yeah i agree with the shot down theory. If it truly disappeared or VANISHED if you will, then it had to be an immediate strike , and that high in the air someone is going to be able to try to make a "last call" on a cellphonen or a pilot sending out a mayday

"Shot down" should produce some debris.. so far zip.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know some about them, the maintenance crew has a real time link at all times during the flight with the 777 and would know exactly what is going on any any given moment regardless of the pilots condition the transponder can be turned off but not the data link. Parts of the story are not being told here by the media. If I were a person who wanted to do something stupid I would get my ass in the cockpit take over the plane then not crash it. I would divert to a private airfield possibly a abandoned U.S airfield in NAM say perhaps BIEN HOA which would have airstrips long enough and hide the thing removing the data link and tracking goodies then take the passengers to a location to be bartered with later. Given its size and load capability the thing would make a massive flying bomb and well there ya have it. First they say they have the jet and hostages and request a political trade of sorts flying into a densely populated city and over the city once the trade is made ka pow instant flying fire bomb and notoriety as the latest and greatest idiot squad . It's just an idea but given what we have already learned what they can do with a smaller jet I would not put it past some idiots to try and one up it destroying a massive area of a city. I hope that I am super wrong but weirder crap has happened already.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are several public on-line real-time monitors as well. They don't reveal anything other than last known transponder location.

http://flightaware.com/live...Z/WMKK/ZBAA/tracklog

https://www.facebook.com/ph...11978&type=1&theater

http://www.flightradar24.co...lights/mh370#2d81a27

Here is a #MH370 situation update from Flightradar24 because of the many questions we get.

The ADS-B transponder of an aircraft is transmitting data twice per second. FR24 saves data every 10-60 second depending on altitude. On cruising altitude data is normally saved once per 60 seconds. By analyzing all our databases and logs we have managed to recover about 2 signals per minute for the last 10 minutes.

The last location tracked by Flightradar24 is
Time UTC: 17:21:03
Lat: 6.97
Lon: 103.63
Alt: 35000
Speed: 471 knots
Heading: 40

Between 17:19 and 17:20 the aircraft was changing heading from 25 to 40 degrees, which is probably completely according to flight plan as MH370 on both 4 March and 8 March did the same at the same position. Last 2 signals are both showing that the aircraft is heading in direction 40 degrees.

Today there are reports in media that MH370 may have turned around. FR24 have not tracked this. This could have happened if the aircraft suddenly lost altitude as FR24 coverage in that area is limited to about 30000 feet.

FR24 have not tracked any emergency squawk alerts for flight MH370 before we lost coverage of the aircraft. Playback for flight MH370 is available on
http://www.flightradar24.co...lights/mh370#2d81a27

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Norad says it keeps track of every scrap, nut and screw in orbit, and everything flying above the ground. That should include an airliner. They can detect water puddles on a planet in another solar sytem...but cant find 100 tons of scrap metal within a 500 mile circle.,,even if its underwater and transmitting a signal.

Yes...but not in real time. Space debris is picked up and orbital information is calculated. The great thing about things in orbit, their motion is predictable. There is a minimum size limit to what is tracked.

As for aircraft...

http://planefinder.net/

(this is real time flight data...zoom in over a busy airport...fun to watch them come in to land. The data sample rate slows down as they get lower in altitude though)

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 03-10-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is pretty silly when you think about it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Shot down? How about with an EMP?
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still leaning to mechanical failure. I know the 777 is considered very reliable but most crashes are still mechanical/pilot failures.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an odd situation really. If it exploded or otherwise came apart at the altitude they are talking about, while true the debris field would be widely scattered, you'd think "something" would have been found floating by now. Seat cushions, suitcases, bodies, doors, fuel slick--Something.
If it just went into a dive and entered the water intact from altitude, there might not be much debris, but you would think there would have been 60 seconds for someone of the plane to get a sat cell phone call out to "someone" anyway, but I don't know how long a rapid descent from 35,000' to sea level would take.

Yes, I know the ocean is a big place, but the area it was last known to have been in has been crisscrossed by ships and even 5 P3 Orions from the US, NZ, and Australian Navies that can search a lot of ocean in a short period of time. The search area of about 10,000 sq miles has now been enlarged, but you would think, that IF it went down in the S. China sea that someone would have found something by now.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-11-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could care less

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I could care less

Steve

How much less could you care--a little, an average amount--or a lot less?

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I could care less

Steve

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:
[IMG][/IMG]

careful with that, last time I posted something like that I got all sorts of PMs from people who are lets say pure as the driven snow.

Steve
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just because nobodies said it: Vaporized by a Meteor.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They know it was two Iranians who used the stolen passports to board the plane. Also news that a military radar had its last location several hundred miles off course.

Could be hijacked to Iran.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the Malaysia military now says their radar looks like it may have turned around and headed southwest, (back where it came from) which would put it over or crashing onto Malaysia soil or into the Malacca Strait. UNLESS, the military radar is actually showing one of it's own fighters returning from a shootdown point in the China Sea....

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stolen passports
zero communication
no debris
20 employees of a high tech chip company on one plane
phones still ringing but no one locating the phones

What else is odd?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: