Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  So I'm considering joining the armed forces need some insight from the pros (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
So I'm considering joining the armed forces need some insight from the pros by pontiackid86
Started on: 06-18-2013 11:44 PM
Replies: 165 (3154 views)
Last post by: avengador1 on 08-04-2015 04:50 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Baaahahahahahahahaaaa. Noooooo, I'm sure you're right. Military guys just don't know ANYTHING about f***ing with your head.

Oh man, are you in for a rude awakening.

I'm sure they do But I'm hoping I can go into this with a clean slate.. I had stepped on these 2 peoples toes before I entered this job just because of how aggressive my buddy is being about taking my managers job.
IP: Logged
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PK, I don't really have a good feel for what you are like and if I offended you in any way, it was not intentional. But I assumed that you wanted the truth and that is what I gave you. If you think that you can stick with it and put up with what will seem like BS orders, then go for it. I for one will root for you all the way but I won't sugar coat it. ANd if you need someone to talk with from time to time, I'm here .

Jim
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J-Holland:

PK, I don't really have a good feel for what you are like and if I offended you in any way, it was not intentional. But I assumed that you wanted the truth and that is what I gave you. If you think that you can stick with it and put up with what will seem like BS orders, then go for it. I for one will root for you all the way but I won't sugar coat it. ANd if you need someone to talk with from time to time, I'm here .

Jim

I understand what your saying and no offence taken. I know a lot of people on here think i dont have what it takes but I would not be considering this if i dident think so I assure all of you if i go for it I'll make you all proud.

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, make sure you have an HS diploma. A recruiter will not even talk to you if your sporting a GED thanks to the sour economy.

Secondly, make sure NOTHING is in your past that can haunt you. (Criminal, etc) The AF and Navy do not offer many waivers at all, and they will not currently offer any "moral" waivers.

(He asked for exp. so I am giving him the "skinny" as I see it-- I am not saying he has a GED or a criminal record, thats not my intent.)

As for me being a pro... I'd guess so, 31 years 7 months and still banging away at it.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'm sure they do But I'm hoping I can go into this with a clean slate.. I had stepped on these 2 peoples toes before I entered this job just because of how aggressive my buddy is being about taking my managers job.

And if you make the same mistakes and step on somebody's toes in the military, what's your out then?
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to admit I'm tempted to agree with Aceman, Taijiguy, etc. But you never know. The military may be exactly what Rick needs. You guys do seem to delight in trashing him, though.

Anyway, as a former service member, I can tell you this: military service is not going to be what you expect. Even if you've talked to friends and done research etc, you're still going to suffer culture shock. The military is going to be difficult in ways you may not expect. You'll be ordered (not asked, but ordered) to do things that may seem to make no sense, or just plain crazy (like forming up outside in the snow, at 3 AM in your underwear). These kinds of things will happen often. And you'll have to roll with it.

I also can't stress enough the importance of teamwork. You have to understand and accept that you're basically a cog in a big machine. And failure to work with your fellow service members could cost lives. Even if you have personal differences with someone, you have to be able to put that aside and get your job done. Being able to work as a team is not optional, it is a MUST.

The military also has little tolerance for complainers. One phrase you're going to hear a lot is "suck it up". And when things get tough, you'll be expected to suck it up and keep going, because that's your job.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

First, make sure you have an HS diploma. A recruiter will not even talk to you if your sporting a GED thanks to the sour economy.

Secondly, make sure NOTHING is in your past that can haunt you. (Criminal, etc) The AF and Navy do not offer many waivers at all, and they will not currently offer any "moral" waivers.

(He asked for exp. so I am giving him the "skinny" as I see it-- I am not saying he has a GED or a criminal record, thats not my intent.)

As for me being a pro... I'd guess so, 31 years 7 months and still banging away at it.

Good on both only thing in my history is a couple of minor traffic tickets all about 5 years old or older.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I have to admit I'm tempted to agree with Aceman, Taijiguy, etc. But you never know. The military may be exactly what Rick needs. You guys do seem to delight in trashing him, though.

They may just be trying to be honest with him, although I would say "You guys do seem to delight in 'being honest' with him alot, though.

I say go for it PK.
If you can do it, you change your life.
If not, how much worse off will you really be?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-19-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Anyway, as a former service member, I can tell you this: military service is not going to be what you expect. Even if you've talked to friends and done research etc, you're still going to suffer culture shock. The military is going to be difficult in ways you may not expect. You'll be ordered (not asked, but ordered) to do things that may seem to make no sense, or just plain crazy (like forming up outside in the snow, at 3 AM in your underwear). These kinds of things will happen often. And you'll have to roll with it.

I also can't stress enough the importance of teamwork. You have to understand and accept that you're basically a cog in a big machine. And failure to work with your fellow service members could cost lives. Even if you have personal differences with someone, you have to be able to put that aside and get your job done. Being able to work as a team is not optional, it is a MUST.

The military also has little tolerance for complainers. One phrase you're going to hear a lot is "suck it up". And when things get tough, you'll be expected to suck it up and keep going, because that's your job.

Id say you hit the nail right on the head. My reasons for this is mainly I want to be a part of something a lot bigger than myself and be able to go to sleep at night knowing I'm making a difference no matter how small it is and knowing I'm bettering myself for the future. I seem to do very well in up tight tedious situations and I do just about everything I'm told without question (and the place I work at right now has some real pointless tasks they have me do right now) I'm going to speek with a navy recruiter, I think the navy would be a good fit for me.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not saying you can't do it. Anyone can do it. But in order to be successful you need to be able to take alot of criticism, execute lawful orders to a "T" (even if you think they are stupid, i.e. picking dandelions on a grassy knoll), be very reactive, be willing to learn (you can't learn enough), have tough skin, be able to take a serious a** chewing. I can go on all day. Being in the Military has given me more respect for people that have served, retired, or gave the Ultimate Sacrifice defending our country.

With the "downsizing" of our Military, it is harder to get into the Military. They don't just take "anyone" anymore. Recruiters can be selective based on your past and testing scores. Promotions are much more competitive. Physical Training (PT) Standards are getting tougher. Height and Weight Standards are getting tougher. The Navy isn't necessarily the "easy" branch. I have done PT to Navy standards when I was in EOD school and they ain't playing around. The Marine Corps is a component of the Navy, so they share alot of standards.

If you plan on joining. Better start working out now and get to the standard now and maintain, that will make your life in Basic/Boot Camp much easier. Be prepared to get yelled at as soon show up to your Boot Camp. I got yelled before I got off the bus and it was 11 pm when I showed up to Fort Sill. We got yelled at all night long, then we got in our racks and woke up to getting yelled at. They are going to break you down to build you up. Some videos for you about Naval Boot Camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7GTgx7CXaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOE1BvINWs
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Oh, and when I was in I spend all my money on alcohol and girls. The rest I just wasted. Be smart with your money and save it up. Don't blow it on stupid crap because you have nothing else to spend it on.

What this guy said....I watched so much money wasted by others it was unreal. Take the test and see what is offered for u to do...Pick a MOS u can come out of the military and use if u decide it is not for u. Dont pick ur MOS cause it will be cool to do..I did but then again I enjoyed every bit of it but who wouldnt love being a tanker..
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in the AF, by choice as I had received a draft notice for the Army in 1968. Not something I planned on doing. I had taken all the preliminary tests for the AF as I knew the draft was coming. In those days you had no real choice but to serve. I had just turned 21 and had one degree under my belt and a great job. With my education I had my "choice" of career fields. But the primary field is where the military wants you. After basic, I was assigned to the medical field which was not any of my choices. It worked out for me for I had a four month training assignment where I scored highly and got into another training program, which was the second longest training program in the AF. I spent a year and a half going to school, with a portion in Japan.

My first real assignment was Vietnam, (also not on my wish list of places). I spent a year over there then getting reassigned to your base of choice as I was a Vietnam vet. I ended up at March AFB in Riverside California and about 2500 miles away from where I wanted to be assigned.. I had a year and a half at March AFB. So I had a year and a half of schooling, a year in a war zone and a year in state side, then I got discharged.

Keep in mind the military needs come first. The military is not for someone who cannot follow orders and once you are in, they have you. Except for the war zone experience, I did get to travel, I learned a new trade, I met many great people and spent four years doing something that was unappreciated by those who sent me there, but I did not plan to make it a career.

My take is that there are two good bases in the military, your last one and your next one.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not military, but I do know you will not be able to trade in for a different model after 2 weeks. Seriously though, I would say go for it. It may be just what you need. No one really knows, but you. For the record, I like you PK, I was just giving a little ribbing.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 06-19-2013).]

Brucepts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
23yrs under TAC, MAC and then AFSOC command here

Let me say this; Do this for you not to prove to us you can do it! Take the advice given here and use it to decide if it suits you not if we think you can or can not make it. Only you can make this choice don't do it to prove anything to anyone or you will regret it.

Basic is a piece of cake compared to the rest of your mil career, from how you present yourself here you will be a fun 3 level trainee when you get to your first duty station, 5 and 7 levels will sniff you out

Road Guards out . . . .
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've become a very humble grown up individual and have set my goals toward my future.

Thats a lie. Your childish behavior on facebook speaks volumes, getting into it with Mike's bud who's building an LS1 RX7 and Andrew. (Seriously it was like watching the special olympics, just a lot more sad). Who knows, maybe if you join and can hang in there you might actually become a man as a result.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My father was in the Navy and so was my best friend. When I was young I wanted to join the Airforce. However had I not ended up medically unable to join I probably would have joined the Navy. I wanted to be a pilot and the Navy had the F-18 which was the plane I wanted to pilot. Whether I would have ended up doing that or not I don't know. I probably would have ended up in a more mechanical or technical field rather than a pilot. Either way, I'd vote Navy.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Id say you hit the nail right on the head. My reasons for this is mainly I want to be a part of something a lot bigger than myself and be able to go to sleep at night knowing I'm making a difference no matter how small it is and knowing I'm bettering myself for the future. I seem to do very well in up tight tedious situations and I do just about everything I'm told without question (and the place I work at right now has some real pointless tasks they have me do right now) I'm going to speek with a navy recruiter, I think the navy would be a good fit for me.

I haven't been in the military, but have many friends who have. The biggest difference you'll make will be to those next to you, and that may be the all the difference in the world.

Just remember when talking to any recruiter, this is what they'll sell you...

This may be what you get...

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Thats a lie. Your childish behavior on facebook speaks volumes, getting into it with Mike's bud who's building an LS1 RX7 and Andrew. (Seriously it was like watching the special olympics, just a lot more sad). Who knows, maybe if you join and can hang in there you might actually become a man as a result.

On that note that kid needs a ribbing from me every now and than..
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I wanted to be a pilot and the Navy had the F-18 which was the plane I wanted to pilot. Whether I would have ended up doing that or not I don't know. I probably would have ended up in a more mechanical or technical field rather than a pilot. Either way, I'd vote Navy.

Thats been my lifelong dream, unfortunately my love lies with the F-14 with which my heart aches for . I miss those majestic beauties, sigh.

On that note that kid needs a ribbing from me every now and than..

I don't know either of you, well I see your posts here.. But from the view of an outsider, you made yourself look like an idiot. Sorry man.

The point is that you don't have a track record with being the most responsible, forward thinking, or intelligent person for that matter. If you think you really are turning yourself around and you don't see yourself hating life in a few months knowing you might be scrubbing floors 16 hours a day- prove everyone wrong
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:
I was in the AF, by choice as I had received a draft notice for the Army in 1968. Not something I planned on doing. With my education I had my "choice" of career fields. But the primary field is where the military wants you. After basic, I was assigned to the medical field which was not any of my choices
My first real assignment was Vietnam, (also not on my wish list of places).
I spent a year over there then getting reassigned to your base of choice as I was a Vietnam vet. I ended up at March AFB in Riverside California and about 2500 miles away from where I wanted to be assigned.
My take is that there are two good bases in the military, your last one and your next one.

Lar, I had to smile at your writing style, .
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
US Army = Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet

Only time I ever did KP was in basic during my last week. Never had that terrible job at a permanent duty station. Military Police, 95B, for 6 years. Favorite saying, "Sir, don't confuse your rank with my authority." Most officers above the rank of Major thought they had the right to run red lights, speed and drive drunk because of their rank. So untrue. Most butter-bars were just fun to mess around with.

As others said, do this for yourself if your up to the task, don't do it to prove you can to anyone. You can't just leave if it goes bad or if you don't get along with others. AWOL or desertion is not a good thing in any military branch.

And to answer another's post from earlier. A dishonorable discharge is worse than gutting it out for your enlisted time. Ends all chances for benefits once you are out and will always be on your record.
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't understand how you could have "stepped on toes" when it was your friend who was gunning for some job.

I hope you won't think I'm picking on you, but what I suspect is that whatever happened between you and these two people has nothing to do with your buddy. It seems like whenever something happens in your life it's never your fault.

The other thing, so far what I've seen in this thread is you're every bit as cocky as ever. There's very little that's "humble" about you. Not that there's really anything wrong with some self confidence. but the lesson you still have yet to learn is that people who are truly capable and confident, don't feel the need to tell people about it every chance they get.

All that aside, I say do it. The fact is, the military is hard. And you'll either make it or you won't. All the talk about not being able to change your mind once you enlist is actually not true. The fact is you can wash out during boot camp, and you either will, or you won't. I'm not making any predictions about that. The military is good at building determination, that's what they do, and that's what you'll need to make it. When I enlisted, no one thought I would make it. And I went through some of the most difficult schools the Navy has to offer, between boot camp, submarine school, SWSE "A" school, and MT "C" school. And even after all that a lot of people thought I would never survive sub service. But I did it all including 5 patrols And to this day, those people are astonished that I did it. Even my dad thought there was no way I would make it, and he's still proud 20-some-odd years later, of his son; the submariner. You should see his eyes light up when any of his friends ask me about my military service.

All of the advice you're getting here is good, true, and should be heeded. Deciding to enlist is not a decision to take lightly, although despite what you're being told to the contrary, I would bet more than half the guys who enlist do so on impulse. Sometimes it's the crisis in our lives that compel us to make the most drastic changes. That's the way it was with me, I was on a path to nowhere, living in a place I hated, working a dead-end job that I hated. And then I wrecked a car I had spent over a year customizing. I just had a crisis moment, which was actually a very brief moment of clarity. In that instant I decided to join the Navy. Within about 4 weeks I was shipping out.

The military is a love/hate relationship for a lot of guys. It will instill in you a sense of pride that you'll never acquire anywhere else. It will also make you miserable in more ways than you could even begin to conjure in your wildest dreams. But you'll survive that misery, and in retrospect of that misery, you'll experience a surge in pride for having pushed through something that challenged you on a level you've never before experienced.

There's a lot of talk here about some of your more immature tendencies. Some of what you've been told (by me previously for example) is merely to serve as advice to make things a little easier for you. Here's the thing, the military is a culture. It's a culture that you have zero knowledge of going in. One of the aspects of that culture is that it will reflect, and amplify certain personality defects, such as arrogance. The purpose of my previous comments and certain others here is to make you aware of those things. The reality is, if you enlist, you can either keep your defects in check, or the guys you serve with will keep them in check for you. And not in the soft cuddly way you might be accustomed to. They are by no means a reason to not enlist.

Whatever you decide, really, I wish you the best of luck.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don’t know much about military service. Have lots of family members serving with the Canadian Armed Forces. My Grandfather was in the Navy. The only advice I can give you is if you enroll, make sure you enroll because it’s what you want to do. You believe in what will be asked of you. If you are doing it for a paycheque and not putting your heart into it, you probably won’t live through it. The military is not what it used to be. Conflicts are much different than what they used to be, rules of engagement are not the same or in my opinion, often not even present.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, the oil fields are hurting for workers. Truck drivers can get stupid sign up bonuses.
Just wanted to throw out other ideas.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself ? How poetic/romantic, .
Don't under estimate who you are in the world !
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Military.... hmm...

I served 6 years in the Army National Guard with 3 MOS's
1. Infantry
2. Military Police
3. Military Intelligence

I say go infantry if you want to be "hardcore", not think much, and just be a boy with all the gun toys.
Go MP if you want the same as infantry, but co-ed
Go Military Intelligence if you want to use your brain more and your body less.

I went the Ohio State University ROTC route with Military Intelligence but decided to get out (this was in 2005) of the program. I was not excited about signing another 6 year extension in addition to the 3 years I had already served.

Do what makes you happy. I know a sign on bonus can be tempting, but remember you are signing a CONTRACT for a few years of your life. Pick a job YOU will enjoy.

- Justin
Former Infantry Sgt and MS3 Battalion Level Military Intelligence Officer Cadet
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xquaid:

Military.... hmm...

I served 6 years in the Army National Guard with 3 MOS's
<snip>

Yeah, that's *almost* like being in the military. Right after the Air Farce.

... Military Intelligence ...

There's an oxymoron for ya....

Heh, just yankin' ya. You know, military style.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 06-20-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go MP if you want the same as infantry, but co-ed

Just out of curiosity, any good stuff out there?

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 06-20-2013).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Border Patrol ? Looks like with the immigration bill many more agents will be hired.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's OK, I'd be butt hurt too staying locked up for 90 days with a bunch of men.

Submarine gay jokes? Didn't see that one coming did ya

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 06-20-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoke with a recruiter got some weight to lose but im all for it set up an appointment for monday to have a talk with him about it.
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Just out of curiosity, any good stuff out there?

We had a pair of twins that were pretty attractive. Especially for what the military typically offers.
I think one of them ended up marrying a fellow enlisted man. Not sure about the other one.
Personally, I would NOT want to meet my spouse at weekend warrior drills.
But... it is the same thing as meeting somebody at work!

PFF
System Bot
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

xquaid

958 posts
Member since Dec 2007

There's an oxymoron for ya....

Hehe.. no sweat!

I actually tell people, "Go Air Force if you want it good."

Also, I tell people, "I outsmarted the Military Intelligence by getting out before I signed another contract."

All things considered, the military was a great way to culture myself and meet people of diverse backgrounds.
Infantry makes you appreciate EVERYTHING.
Just think how much it sucks to be eating runny scrambled eggs, in the rain, which is getting in your eggs, which are cold, as you eat them under a tree in the woods. Fun stuff!

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meeting with a recruiter monday.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meeting with a recruiter monday.

A Navy Recruiter?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

A Navy Recruiter?

Yup, Juast to get some information and take a pre ASVAB

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup, Juast to get some information and take a pre ASVAB

Cool. Study for the ASVAB. A Pre-ASVAB is a good tool to see where you are at. You want high scores, even if the job you want doesn't require it, it will still help you out in your career especially if you plan to make it 20 years.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool. Study for the ASVAB. A Pre-ASVAB is a good tool to see where you are at. You want high scores, even if the job you want doesn't require it, it will still help you out in your career especially if you plan to make it 20 years.

Will Do. I picked up an ASVAB book to study from. looks like a lot of complicated questions But I'll figure it out.. I also know to not beleave
everything the recruiter tells me.... lol just like trucking company recruiters
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will Do. I picked up an ASVAB book to study from. looks like a lot of complicated questions But I'll figure it out.. I also know to not beleave

The ASVAB isn't too bad. I took mine a little over a year after I had graduated high school. Have you decided what you would like to do in the Navy?
gtjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The correct statement would be dont beleive Anything that the recruiter tells you make sure anything important to you is in print.

That said joining the navy is a very good experience. Learn when you need to keep your mouth shut, do your job and stay out of trouble, and it can be a great experience.
I certainly wouldnt trade my Navy experience for anything.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The ASVAB isn't too bad. I took mine a little over a year after I had graduated high school. Have you decided what you would like to do in the Navy?

Hopefully something involving computers or communications But I'll see whats available to me.

Originally posted by gtjoe:

The correct statement would be dont beleive Anything that the recruiter tells you make sure anything important to you is in print.

That said joining the navy is a very good experience. Learn when you need to keep your mouth shut, do your job and stay out of trouble, and it can be a great experience.
I certainly wouldnt trade my Navy experience for anything.

Thats why I want to go out for it, I hear it teaches you a lot and it makes employment in the civilian world much better and with no college background it would really help me
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock