Execution, Or Self-Defense? by Boondawg
Started on: 11-27-2012 11:32 AM
Replies: 166 (2359 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 05-03-2014 02:34 PM
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah......I did. I caught the story just this week or late last week and didn't realize how old it was. I kind of feel like a fool, but my points are still valid.

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 04-30-2014).]

IP: Logged
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was he on psych drugs?

jeez this is horrible and disgusting. i can see why you would shoot someone breaking into your home for sure, thats the law and i would have shot too most likely but he went way too far. Sounds like he was a man that has led a very sad life and this is his highlight in it.

Disgusted here DISGUSTED
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im on his side. The only good thief/ burglar is a dead one. Arrested ones is a joke...there out 30 minutes after they get to the police station. I know that personally. They broke in to steal. By doing only that, they accept any risks all by themselves. Id do the same exact thing. I wouldnt intend to stop shooting till they stop moving or I run out of ammo.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like we have another case of homeowner in waiting for someone to walk into a portion (in this case, the garage) of the house and then shooting.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news...in-recent-shootings/ . The defendant in this case is using the "Stand Your Ground" defense. Hopefully Nick will see this and be able to either verify my thoughts or tell me I'm crazy but in my book, this does not meet the standards for the defense. You set up a scene where you are literally opening up an opprtunity to draw a pigeon into the area 1. Leaving the garage door open and 2. leaving a purse (literally a valuable item) out in the open for anyone to see. Then you have surveillance devices set up? This seems to be the same as baiting an area to bring deer into range for the slaughter. Then firing without announcing your presence? I'm sorry but by everything I have learned in the past, this is murder. Yes, the shooter had the right to defend his home but he did not, at the time he fired, have justification.

Nick, based upon the linked article, (and it has much the same information as other articles) have I made a valid disection?

Jim

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 05-01-2014).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
execution or self defense? why cant it be both?
all involved in this story are worthy of being jettisoned.

yes, it is very clear he didnt "need" to kill them - he WANTED to kill them.
but - doesnt matter - they provided him the excuse - and he took it the opportunity.
good for him. 2 criminals we dont need to worry about later. and, he aint long on this earth either.

self healing BS.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

in MOST cases, they weren't expecting you to be there neither. Or they weren’t expecting you to notice.

You can nit-pick all you want, I’m sure those kids were not braking in to the house to subdue the man. If they were breaking in, it was to steal something and get out. A simple “hey who’s there!” would of scared the **** out of those kids and sent them on their way.

Not around here. The thieves just take what they want if your gone. If they are home, they stay to get credit and debit cards with passwords, maybe even car keys. They will even kidnap someone to go to a bank to take out the cash. Yelling at them usually will get more of a response like 'fk you old man'. BTW, i also keep an aluminum ball bat by the couch. I prefer a gun though because it keeps them some distance from me.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt realize this was so old either. Seems this happened in 2012. I guess the reason its come back up is they just had the trial. Jury found him guilty yesterday of 2 counts of 1st degree murder. He is appealing.

Again the parents and friends all talking about how great and wonderful the 2 kids were. Nothing mentioned about the parents raising a couple of thieves and drug addicts. to parents: teach your kids not to steal or do drugs. to teens: your choices may bite you big time in the end. They also said since the twos deaths, break ins in the neighborhood pretty much stopped. Seems that Mr Smith had be burglarized by these kids a dozen times since the August prior to their deaths. They had taken guns, jewelry, electronics and thousands in cash. They got what was coming to them in my book. Smiths own voice recordings of the incident was what done him in.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock