Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The evidence against anthropogenic global warming (Page 49)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 150 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The evidence against anthropogenic global warming by fierobear
Started on: 06-07-2008 02:13 PM
Replies: 5993 (78282 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-23-2024 08:37 AM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember the ice age scare in the 70's real well. That too was a flawed arguement.

look, there are factors way more in play than aerosols, although, depletion of ozone due to aerosals is a very real issue.

We have the variable tilt of the earth, which varies. We are at 23.4 degrees, but, we know the earth's tilt has varied from 22 to 24 degrees in recorded history. If the tilt gets more shallow, we get a colder and longer winter. Look at what happened in Antarctica this past summer. Record cold.

We have sun spot activity, which maxed out around 1999 and then bottomed out a couple of years ago, it is currently still low. Today there are 5 facing earth.

We have the Pacific ocean currents which cycle back and forth. That directly affects the ice in Northern Canada and Alaska.

We have volcanoes. One volcano can emit more matter into the atmosphere in a day, than anything man can produce in a year.

The biggest one though, is the sun. It's variable output is the single biggest contributor to climate change.

BTW, CO2 is created as a result of increase temperatures increasing plankton and plant growth, not the cause.

Arn

Ahh, I own page 49, ( the same year I was born)

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 10-18-2012).]

IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Aerosols: Industrial emissions of solid matter that become suspended in the atmosphere. Contributed to global cooling trend from 1940s through 1970s. Global temperatures started climbing again after widespread measures were effected (starting about 1980) to reduce industrial aerosols.

http://earthobservatory.nas...iss_temperature4.php

But the PDO/AMO also matches the temperature swings.
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bah

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 10-19-2012).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Quit it with those facts, they're obviously made up.

The facts are all lies.....

Which facts? These those, the other...?

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Aerosols: Industrial emissions of solid matter that become suspended in the atmosphere. Contributed to global cooling trend from 1940s through 1970s. Global temperatures started climbing again after widespread measures were effected (starting about 1980) to reduce industrial aerosols.

http://earthobservatory.nas...iss_temperature4.php

So all we have to do is fire up some old Aqua net cans? Bring back Hair bands!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-19-2012).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just don't understand why some people are trying so hard to keep Global Warming alive when it should have died already. The scientists, who rely on the paycheck, yes. But some of the people here???
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nobody counted on the SUN to go into a lower cycle

as I keep asking and you dodging

the heat got turned DOWN

but we are not cooler

WHY ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by 2.5:

So all we have to do is fire up some old Aqua net cans? Bring back Hair bands!

wrong again
hair spray was a CFC propellent problem
not an aerosol problem as the hair goo falls out quickly

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I just don't understand why some people are trying so hard to keep Global Warming alive when it should have died already. The scientists, who rely on the paycheck, yes. But some of the people here???

It's easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Now THAT is a good bit of wisdom.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

yes the bro's ''K'' have paid to fool a lot of nut-con's
this thread is proof

why won't you answer the question why ain't we cooler ?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

wrong again
hair spray was a CFC propellent problem
not an aerosol problem as the hair goo falls out quickly

Darn I knew it was too good to be true.
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who actually wrote the IPCC Report - the so-called "bible on Global Warming"?
You WILL be surprised (if you believed the IPCC report as being completely factual).
Basically written by 3 unqualified 20-something enviromentalists.
http://www.calgaryherald.co...n/7406060/story.html

The book http://www.amazon.com/Delin...-ebook/dp/B005UEVB8Q

I have a friend who is a "believer" - he wouldn't even consider looking at this.
Odd that he believes the UN - but thinks all government and gov. organizations LIE.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-23-2012).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes the bro's ''K'' have paid to fool a lot of nut-con's
this thread is proof

why won't you answer the question why ain't we cooler ?

The reason is that the average for the past 16 years has been "0" increase or decrease. You can argue a specific year or a few months whenever the up or the down is occurring, but, net it is a wash. The increased sun spots faded after 2000, which had been driving Global Warming. The Global Warming stopped. So in effect we started coasting. Of course the line is never constant and goes up and down all the time. There is also a delayed effect for this, with so many variables you really can't claim the temperature has been going down since 1996 because it is a net wash, including the gains up to 2000.

The fact that warming is not happening, does not mean we are cooler. Now if the sun goes to low output again, as in "0" sun spots and "0" storms, then we could actually go into another mini Global Cooling, or even an ice age if it kept up.

So there is the answer, no cooling because it is net level instead of going up.

Arn
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless I'm mistaken, the largest climate study ever completed by mostly "man made" climate change skeptics is absent from this thread. Why is that? All issues climate change skeptics decried were addressed in this study. The issues of "bad temperature data" or "bias" that seem to be the keystone of the skeptics argument against climate change studies.

When the study kicked off Anthony Watts, a infamous climate change skeptic, blogger (Watts Up With That?), and meteorologist said:

I’m prepared to accept whatever result they [BEST] produce, even if it proves my premise wrong. The method isn’t the madness that we’ve seen from NOAA, NCDC, GISS, and CRU. That lack of strings attached to funding, plus the broad mix of people involved especially those who have previous experience in handling large data sets gives me greater confidence in the result being closer to a bona fide ground truth than anything we’ve seen yet.

Much to everyone's surprise, (well, mostly skeptics who had already decided what the data would say) the results came out and they looked like this:

The data matched. Not only did this prove NOAA, NASA, and HadCRU had good temperature data they were also honest about their results. This is of course against any argument climate skeptics have.

Anthony Watts of course back peddled:

I consider the paper fatally flawed as it now stands, and thus I recommend it be removed from publication consideration by JGR until such time that it can be reworked.

WHATS UP WITH THAT?! Talk about moving the goal post. This highlights a major problem with this debate, most skeptics don't want to believe its true and will fight to the bitter end rather than admit they may be wrong.

What about the story that global warming stopped 16 years ago then?

Well that's only true if you take a insignificant portion of data, present it as significant, and commit SCIENCE FRAUD by cherry picking data. BEST also notes:

Some people draw a line segment covering the period 1998 to 2010 and argue that we confirm no temperature change in that period. However, if you did that same exercise back in 1995, and drew a horizontal line through the data for 1980 to 1995, you might have falsely concluded that global warming had stopped back then. This exercise simply shows that the decadal fluctuations are too large to allow us to make decisive conclusions about long term trends based on close examination of periods as short as 13 to 15 years.

I guess 15 is too short, so the story ran with 16 years to validate the idea. Again, SCIENCE FRAUD.

At least anti-skeptics have something going for them, as time goes on this argument gets easier. But winning an argument when the planet is a barren wasteland is meaningless.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FlyinFieros:

But winning an argument when the planet is a barren wasteland is meaningless.

Winning, losing, will it be one anyway?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When the study kicked off Anthony Watts, a infamous climate change skeptic, blogger (Watts Up With That?), and meteorologist said:

Infamous? To whom, the ones who are pushing this agenda for their own gain?

Watts did the survey on the USHCN sites, and found that most of them weren't up to their own spec for siting for proper temperature gathering.

And the BEST study has been debunked.

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Winning, losing, will it be one anyway?

Yes. But why should it be our fault?

Infamous? To whom, the ones who are pushing this agenda for their own gain?

Like Watts himself has something to gain from his agenda? He doesn't host that ad bar all the way down his website for free. I assume he's also being paid for speaking at conferences hosted by scientifically respected establishments.

I called him infamous because he has a bad reputation in the scientific community and for good reason. Watts agreed to support every aspect of the BEST study only because Watts thought BEST would prove him correct. When Watts was proved completely wrong, rather than admit he may be wrong his ego began to cannibalize his soul.

This is a complete contrast to the leading author of the BEST study who went into the study as a climate change skeptic but changed his mind when he saw the results. That's called integrity which Watts lost when he blatantly wrote a hot check with his mouth.

A real scientist is after the truth even if it proves him wrong. Starting with a conclusion and looking for proof is the opposite of science.

Watts did the survey on the USHCN sites, and found that most of them weren't up to their own spec for siting for proper temperature gathering.

Your own copy and paste article, written by Watts himself I might add, addressed this:

The [BEST] paper is the first to use the updated siting system which addresses USHCN siting issues and data adjustments.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/095282.html#p6

And the BEST study has been debunked.

No it hasn't. In the link above you cited Watts as your "debunked" proof. Watts supported every aspect of the BEST study until it proved him wrong.

Again, Watts before the study:

I’m prepared to accept whatever result they produce, even if it proves my premise wrong.

Watts after the study:

I consider the paper fatally flawed as it now stands, and thus I recommend it be removed from publication consideration by JGR until such time that it can be reworked.

To be up front and honest, I'm not here to pick apart your argument or change your mind. I only express my own views so that I may fully understand why I believe the way I do. I look forward to a reply of substance.

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 10-23-2012).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to sound like a broken record. But.....

If Watts is largely upholding the data the Warmers use then the results should be consistent with his findings.

The results were supposed to be, increased violent weather, particularly increased hurricane activity, drastically increased ocean levels, inundating low lying islands and mash lands, decimated northern animal species, and the list goes on.

As it stands, the oceans have been gradually increasing in temperature at a very slow rate which is consistent over several centuries. Antarctica is building its ice fields. The ambient atmospheric temperature is nowhere near the projections of those scientific studies.

The "hockey stick" pattern of the graphs has been thoroughly debunked. This is simply regurgitation and rejigging of old debunked data.

Arn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes. But why should it be our fault?

I'm more talking about the concensus that it is "too late."
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To be up front and honest, I'm not here to pick apart your argument or change your mind. I only express my own views so that I may fully understand why I believe the way I do. I look forward to a reply of substance.

Look, I have no idea why Watts said that. He (and several volunteers) spent YEARS compiling information about the out-of-spec temperature stations. The recorded warming can be tied directly to station sighting issues. The BEST study, and the supposed "former denier", was criticized by warmists as well. I've posted all that information here or in other threads, so I'm not going to take the time to rehash it. Don't believe it? Fine.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, my posts as of late in this thread were more frustration than substance.

Something I would ask is what should be done, specifically to halt what you believe is happening.

PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming Oct 23, FRONTLINE explores the massive shift in public opinion on climate change.

Check your local listings
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://video.pbs.org/video/2295533310

doanner's trust bought the issue with secret funding

------------------
are you kind?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's because the PBS crowd was DUPED, and can't admit it. So they cling to their beloved disaster scenario.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as the man said
the sea will rise
and no amount of nut -con BS
will stop it

------------------
are you kind?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy a house on a big hill.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something I would ask is what should be done, specifically to halt what you believe is happening.

I am not ignoring your post or DM. I am still thinking about it.

Originally posted by Arns85GT:
I hate to sound like a broken record.

I will be more than happy to share my thoughts on your posts but first we need to get one thing straight.

http://i46.tinypic.com/23vyts9.png

BTW, CO2 is created as a result of increase temperatures increasing plankton and plant growth, not the cause.

This is very basic elementary school science. Plants do not create CO2 in any way shape or form. Plants create O2 that animals breathe. Plants use the carbon to build themselves. The majority of material that makes up a plant comes out of the air not the ground or water. Therefore, the amount of CO2 available is directly proportional to plant growth.

The notion that plants create CO2 discredits anything you could possibly say about science. You cannot possibly understand anything you have mentioned in this thread if you do not understand the basic elementary science of biology, chemistry, and physics that make life on Earth possible. You should retract this statement immediately. Inability to do so will confirm the Dunning-Kruger effect you suffer from.

Look, I have no idea why Watts said that.

That should be obvious. The BEST study received funding from the same special interest group Watts is connected to, the Koch Foundation. The BEST study consulted Watts on the method of analyzing temperature data. The BEST study used a method Watts signed off on. Watts signed off on the method because the study takes into account all arguments raised by skeptics, especially Watts, including your heavily referred to "poor station quality."

Watts genuinely thought that using a method he approves to analyze the data would prove him correct so he agreed to support the results. BEST proved Watts and his work completely wrong.

It's a horrible feeling to realize you've wasted years of your life on a theory that is wrong, but if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen!

Richard Muller after the study:

Call me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.

He (and several volunteers) spent YEARS compiling information about the out-of-spec temperature stations.

Are these random people off the street also college drop outs like Watts? Could you imagine if the foundation of my argument stood on work done by a college dropout sponsored by special interest?

The BEST study team included:
Arthur H. Rosenfeld, physics Ph.D
Charlotte Wickham, Statistics Ph.D
David Brillinger, statistics professor, Math Ph.D.
Elizabeth Muller, BA in Math and Lit (exec director)
Jonathan Wurtele, physics Ph.D
Judith Curry, Geophyics Ph.D.
Richard Muller, physics Ph.D.
Robert Jacobsen, High Energy Physics Ph.D.
Robert Rohde, physics Ph.D.
Saul Perlmutter, physics Ph.D. & Nobel Prize in Physics

When the study team was announced, Watts said the following:

I’m prepared to accept whatever result they produce, even if it proves my premise wrong.

Would a scientist who is constantly questioning whether or not he maintains a correct understanding of the universe have to qualify a statement by saying "even if it proves my premise wrong"? Absolutely not. A real scientist, by default, is always open to being wrong.

The recorded warming can be tied directly to station sighting issues.

No it cannot. BEST consulted the very person you got this information from (Watts) to ensure it was taken into account. Watts also signed off on the method used in the study. The BEST study completely addressed and debunked station issues.

The BEST study, and the supposed "former denier", was criticized by warmists as well.

The only documented criticism of BEST I have found, besides Watts, is a writer heavily critical of global warming named Steven Mosher who said: “I’m not happy until the code is released and released in a language that people can use freely.”

And unless he's moved the goal post like Watts, Mosher should be happy. All the data and code is open to the public for anyone to review.

I've posted all that information here or in other threads, so I'm not going to take the time to rehash it.

You post copy and paste drivel. I'm only interested in your interpretation, not an echo of someone else's interpretation.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. - Albert Einstein

Don't believe it? Fine.

I don't believe it because all current scientific evidence from experiment says it's wrong. Closing your eyes with your fingers in your ears doesn't change that.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 10-24-2012).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pushback on the BEST study from a warmist scientist
Where BEST Should Have Stopped

I don't recall, did this ever make it out of peer review?
Why the BEST papers failed to pass peer review

Meanwhile...
New study shows half of the global warming in the USA is artificial

One big question - why did the temperature rise begin in 1750, long before CO2 could possibly have been a cause?

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 10-24-2012).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One big question - why did the temperature rise begin in 1750, long before CO2 could possibly have been a cause?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

see above link
basely a return to normal after the sun spot return
PLUS THE BEGINNING OF THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Newcomen engines and watt's better ones = lots of coal burning
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ray, that is a really good article. Good read.

Arn
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

see above link
basely a return to normal after the sun spot return
PLUS THE BEGINNING OF THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Newcomen engines and watt's better ones = lots of coal burning

Which means that the temperature rise could be NATURAL.

Also, NOBODY (even pro-warming scientists) is saying that CO2 could have contributed to warming until around 1950.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 10-24-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which means that the temperature rise could be NATURAL.

Also, NOBODY (even pro-warming scientists) is saying that CO2 could have contributed to warming until around 1950.

WRONG

THAT IS JUST NUT-CON FUNDED DIS-INFORMATION

THE PIGS LIKE THE BRO'S ''K'' JUST DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THEIR POLUTION
SO THEY SET UP THE SECRET LOBBY TO FIGHT THE TRUTH
AND NUT-CON TEABAGGERS EAT UP AND REPEAT THEIR LIES
JUST AS YOU HAVE FOR 49 PAGES HERE

BTW I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION
WILL YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION

SOLAR SPOT MINIMUM
WHY NO COOLING ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Buy a house on a big hill.

I DID

BUT

south fla hills are not very high at all
low teen feet is high here
still local flood zone X [no local floods]
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12549 posts
Member since Jan 2001
btw

sandy is coming
a very late season storm
who said no extra storms
or longer storm season ?

THEY ARE WRONG
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The reason is that the average for the past 16 years has been "0" increase or decrease. You can argue a specific year or a few months whenever the up or the down is occurring, but, net it is a wash. The increased sun spots faded after 2000, which had been driving Global Warming. The Global Warming stopped. So in effect we started coasting. Of course the line is never constant and goes up and down all the time. There is also a delayed effect for this, with so many variables you really can't claim the temperature has been going down since 1996 because it is a net wash, including the gains up to 2000.

The fact that warming is not happening, does not mean we are cooler. Now if the sun goes to low output again, as in "0" sun spots and "0" storms, then we could actually go into another mini Global Cooling, or even an ice age if it kept up.

So there is the answer, no cooling because it is net level instead of going up.

Arn

Ray you really need to read older posts. I answered you on Monday
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THAT IS JUST NUT-CON FUNDED DIS-INFORMATION

BULLSHIT, ray. Prove me wrong. With facts. Present your evidence.

SOLAR SPOT MINIMUM
WHY NO COOLING ?

That isn't the right question. The right question is "was the 20th century warming due to an especially active sun?" Now, the sun is quiet, and temperatures are FLAT.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

btw

sandy is coming
a very late season storm
who said no extra storms
or longer storm season ?

THEY ARE WRONG

Hurricane season runs until November 30th.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hurricane season runs until November 30th.

rain and wind here now
storm center is still south of cuba
we just hope no eastern jogs
will be cat2 by next update
maybe cat3 thru the center of the bahama's

weather is something to learn about first hand
I was 10 when donna hit
surfed others in the 60's
had both boats survive andrew at anchor
you really think I do not know late season storm were rare ?
but are they not any more now ?

something is happening
but you don't know what it is
do you mister jones ?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you really think I do not know late season storm were rare ?

Rare neither means impossible nor attributable to global warming. Now, if hurricanes start hitting in mid-December, and when they've NEVER happened before, then you might have a point.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That isn't the right question. The right question is "was the 20th century warming due to an especially active sun?" Now, the sun is quiet, and temperatures are FLAT.

NO

solar activity is basically atomic and leaves radioactive records [ C-14 and others]
in addition to ice core and tree rings and mud layers in lakes

http://science.nasa.gov/sci...a/2003/17jan_solcon/

http://science.nasa.gov/med...esources/beat_lg.gif

wiki said NO too
''The intensity of solar radiation reaching Earth has been relatively constant through the last 2000 years, with variations estimated at around 0.1-0.2%.[8][9][10] Solar variation, together with volcanic activity are hypothesized to have contributed to climate change, for example during the Maunder Minimum. However, changes in solar brightness are too weak to explain recent climate change.[11]

you are just regurgitating nut-con spin
there is a double reason I call your guys nut-con's
it ain't just you are nuts
you have been conned too
by your ultra rich spin masters
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 150 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock