Replies: 103 (12566 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 12-01-2017 09:17 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

And I agree with the other comments about being able to quickly see if there has been any posts to the favorites would be nice.

That has been implemented almost two days ago...

IP: Logged
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice addition, Cliff!

Dough19

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dough19Send a Private Message to Dough19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for adding the "open books". I know the first day they weren't on there and was a little sad. That is the main way that I know if I should look at a seved thread. Thanks, Mark
Trekker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Cliff, now I can spend even MORE time here, just faster! Really neat addition that is much appreciated!
gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needs more tweaking .... grumble grumble, Please @ least make it work w/ Safari. I shun microsoft, they don't want to be the biggest frog in the pond they want to be the ONLY frog in the pond.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gt88norm:

Needs more tweaking .... grumble grumble, Please @ least make it work w/ Safari.

It works with every 100% DOM compatible browser. If it doesn't work with Safari, then Safari's at fault.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed we have a callendar now...
gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
It works with every 100% DOM compatible browser. If it doesn't work with Safari, then Safari's at fault.

When the Tiger arrives, I'll recheck the workings. By the way the calendar works, just the little blue bar on the left
won't open.
P.S. I like the changes, and appreciate the work done to make it happen as well as the effort to keep OUR Forum
afloat, kudos to you Cliff! Thank you for your tireless efforts (and tired too)!
Norm

[This message has been edited by gt88norm (edited 04-21-2005).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gt88norm:

When the Tiger arrives, I'll recheck the workings.

Have you tried FireFox? There's a Mac version available.

gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saved the site and will give it a deeper look when I've got some time ..... 3 mo. old Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies TAKE
a lot of time (and patience), probably next mo. .... maybe .... If you're into the breed her dad's Mojave, and mom's one of
the top lure-coursers (of her breed) in the Pacific Northwest. ..... she's a handful!!!
Thanks for the link Cliff.
Norm
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The calender is neat, I wonder if you can compress it for display on the page and have it 'unfold' when clicked. The top of the pages are getting a little busy, I wonder if putting distinct bars on the page would be an idea. Yeah, and I'm not the first to fuss about the search function, although it seems to have gotten better? I think the "MY FAVORITES" tab needs to be widend so people notice it better, maybe some contractsing color?. Too many posts about it being 'gone'. I wish I could point to some posts, some quotes seem to dissappear because of some color conflicts. (Unless that has been addressed and I didn't notice)

Cliff, this is still the greatest online community I have seen. A real pleasure!

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 "The Eagle has landed" - All four wheels now on the ground; 87 Coupe in the driveway. "Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-22-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
wantafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wantafieroSend a Private Message to wantafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have yet to figure out how to add a thread to my favorites.

EDIT - Never mind, found the star.

[This message has been edited by wantafiero (edited 04-28-2005).]

gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, fire fox works fine!

Norm

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nevermind

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 06-28-2005).]

brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is an old thread, but I just happened upon it I found how to add a thread to the favorites but is there any way to add a thread to the favorites when you find it through the search feature? Or do you have to post to it and bring it to the top?
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

I know this is an old thread, but I just happened upon it I found how to add a thread to the favorites but is there any way to add a thread to the favorites when you find it through the search feature? Or do you have to post to it and bring it to the top?

Cliff recently said he is working on a way to mark a thread as a favorite while you have it open and are reading it.

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a comment directly related to this that's been bugging me....If I check my PMs first, it clears all of the posts that were read since the last time I checked in, so when I make it to the forum, all the posts are cleared and it looks like no one has posted to my "favorite" threads..

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 05-01-2007).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I have a comment directly related to this that's been bugging me....If I check my PMs first, it clears all of the posts that were read since the last time I checked in, so when I make it to the forum, all the posts are cleared and it looks like no one has posted to my "favorite" threads..

Bob

It does? It shouldn't - I'll have a look at that.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...If I check my PMs first,

Just a question... why "check" your PM's? The forum index page tells you if you have any new PM's. Also, you can receive emails when new PM's arrive. I never have a need to "check" mine, because when I come to the forum I already know if I have any new messages.

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you're saying, but I meant when I go in to "read" my new PMs, or go in there at all...

Bob
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

I've experienced the same thing ..... go in to PM section first ... come back out and go into any of the forum sections, and nothing posted shows as new since my last visit.
PFF
System Bot
Qcksilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QcksilverClick Here to visit Qcksilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to QcksilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That side bar thing is very cool. Great job, I like how it keeps your favorite forum topics. That a great idea, cudos to whoever thought it up!
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha i just found that side bar like a week ago i was so exited, i was wondering why i couldint see any of my favorites.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to say I am running XP and I could not find this side bar. Finally I added https://www.fiero.nl/ to my pop-up blocker settings and guess what now it is there .

Great going I like this.
Ed
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found this...

Boy do I need to pay better attention!!

LOVE IT

Cliff you have PM!

Thanks,
MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever
Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 13 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance........ 19"s.. w/ 13" Brakes all around.

DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa. did you just shrinkafy everything?
Its Ok in the posting area, hard to read in the forum area?
Pain in the tuches if I need to swap screen settings just to visit my home away from home?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

Whoa. did you just shrinkafy everything?
Its Ok in the posting area, hard to read in the forum area?
Pain in the tuches if I need to swap screen settings just to visit my home away from home?

Nope, nothing changed. If something changed on your machine then, well, something changed on your machine.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was so impressed with the changes I had them installed on the passanger's side of my Fiero to amuse who ever was riding while I enjoyed driving.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just glanced through all the posts in this thread, i didnt see anything mentioned on how many personal favorites could be gathered in that one spot. i think some time ago (last year, 3 years ago?) i could only add so many. i have 25 favs and its growing.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp at the motor

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

i just glanced through all the posts in this thread, i didnt see anything mentioned on how many personal favorites could be gathered in that one spot.

There is no limit to the number of favorites you can save.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could there be a link in a thread to view it in pda format? like archived posts.
PFF
System Bot
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is awesome cliff. thanks! best online community i've been a part of.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i noticed this issue today when searching. im guessing it is from the update that was done early this morning.

here is the problem i noticed, all the archived threads in a search come up as "untitled".

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's correct. I've been archiving threads this morning which means some threads have disappeared from the main database but the search indices still think they are there. This will solve itself by tomorrow since the search indices are automatically rebuilt once a day.
burntwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for burntwoodSend a Private Message to burntwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Liking the Christmas look!

Great job, Cliff!

------------------
* 1984 Black Fiero SE (1995-1998) blown tranny - rest her soul
* 1988 Black Fiero Formula (2001-2004) Was to be a 3800SC, badly rusted rear frame.
* 1988 White Fiero GT (2009 - Present) This one's a keeper!

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's snowing! Let's build snowmen!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Awww, where did the snow go?
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greasemonke50613:

this is awesome cliff. thanks! best online community i've been a part of.

bumped for irony
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Awww, where did the snow go?

Maybe the amount on your screen reflects the actual weather conditions where you live.
Wow, that would be SO cool.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is it not possible to favorite a really old archived thread? ive noticed this over time but never said anything about it. this is the one in question.
Rear wheel bearings "HOW TO" disassemble and repack with pics

doh! disregaurd post. magically ADD TO MY FAVORITES appeared when i clicked on the link...

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 02-26-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock