Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Announcements
  Would you mind a sponsored banner? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Would you mind a sponsored banner? by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 04-11-2002 07:16 AM
Replies: 220 (5175 views)
Last post by: Archie on 06-22-2002 06:57 AM
Fierobruiser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mind banners, particularly if their Fiero related. I don't mind any banners actually. They're easier to disopse of then regular junk mail which I have to recycle. All you need to do is click the "X". Someone else mentioned supporting the Forum by selling related items as CD's, shirts, hats.
I already bouught the CD to support the Forum. That's a good idea and might work but someone, Cliff?? would have to run it. Just more work for Cliff. Anyplace else that I am a "member", I pay dues or a membership fee. $12,000 divided by 4000 users/members is $3.00 a year. A $5.00 donation by all members would more than cover yearly fees to your ISP. The only trouble with donations is it requires people to "remember" to donate their share, whereas a user fee provides service. I don't pay my ISP, I don't even see the Forum, let alone get to participate. Sey up an account for money to be sent, perhaps the same as for the CD sales, and just have the ISP hit that for their charges.
Where do I send my "fee/donation"?

------------------
Notchbacks Rule
84 Coupe(project car)
85GT(show car)
86???(looking)
87SE (daily driver)
88Coupe (daily driver)

IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again, thank you all for your input.

I think I will start with simple and cheap banners on the top of the page. Mind you, they will be on every single page. I have changed the sample a bit, because I think original banners are too big. Click here to see how it will look.

I will start with cheap banners, I really don't think $50 per month is all that expensive and like I said, this gives the smaller Fiero businesses a chance to advertise on the forum as well.

Banners are rotated, which means that all banners get the same exposure. If a larger vendor wants a higher exposure, he can buy a bigger slot, which means that his banner will be displayed more often than others.

I truly regret that this time has finally come, but to make it worthwhile for all parties involved, I will accept fiero related banners only, and I will make it easy for an advertiser to change his banner during a one-month run. This way he can easily set up special offers for members and stuff. Maybe I can even offer a discount to vendors who offer special discounts to forum-members. I have no idea yet how to implement this, but I will start working on something.

Again, thanks for all your input.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*nasal voice* NAY!

Seriously, no problems here. Actually, what's your address? Not to send money... No! Er, we... uh, want to send... you... Flowers? Yeah! Flowers!

I vote anonymous donations. Anyone with information as to Cliff's whereabouts, and willing to dump X dollars into an unreturnable unmarked envelope, PM me!

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Yeah, and I'd put a stop to "FieroLisa" threads. That girl causes nothing but trouble. j/k.

I'm not j/k Women are ALWAYS trouble

Jumpin' Jack Flash! The thread gains another page while I'm reading it!

Banners are fine. Non-Fiero automotive banners are fine as well if you can't break even with Fiero banners.

I hate popups with a passion, though.
I'd rather pay $5/month for this place than deal with popups.

I'd be willing to make a donation if you made that option available.

When I get my business going, I'll definitely buy some banner space here.

I should buy the PFF CD's!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever you decide, it's ok with me.
Silver88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silver88GTSend a Private Message to Silver88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, you do whatever you have to to keep this Forum running.
DR650SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLiff, If banners will keep the forum up then please do it. Thanks for the forum! You rule!
onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever it takes. The banner isn't that bad. PFF merchandise is a good idea. We need more people to sell stuff through the PFF auction site, and donate a few bucks to you.
Just don't shut down the site.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I offered to share the "profit" from the decals, you declined!

Here's my deal...I wouldn't mind seeing a banner on your site, and maybe make a whole page of those banners, like a supporters page.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to afford it at $50. I've sold $143 of decals over 3 months. Not that I'm out to make a fortune off of them, but the response has been less than overwhelming. The web site costs me $30/mo so I'm so not making money with them. And the decals are cheap too

What are you waiting for, just sell and put the banners up, you'll be far better off.

------------------

Visit www.purplefiero.com for Show Dates and Fiero Decals and Stuff!

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know me, Cliff. I'll stand behind you 1000%, no matter what you do. Personally, I think the banner idea is waaay overdue.
AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd put up with anything you need to do Cliff... as long as it's not playing boy band music in the background.
PFF
System Bot
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
I have tried to postpone it as long as possible but I'm afraid the time has come to seriously consider putting up a banner. The reason is that the forum is generating so much bandwidth that my ISP is no longer willing to cut me a special deal. I have been able to pay for the forum out of my own pocket up until now, but the new monthly bill simply is going to be too high for me to carry.

I'll be honest about it. The forum alone is going to cost about [b]$1000 per month.

I have three options:

• Shut down the forum. Ok, this really isn't an option but if I can't generate the funds to keep the forum up and running, I simply have no other choice...
  • Putting up sponsered banners. I hate banners, but since I'm just about the only forum on the net that still hasn't got any banners, it would be the best option.
  • Accepting donations. I don't like that option much, I'll explain why later.

One thing I will not even consider is membership-fees. So please, don't bring that up.

Ok, let me try to explain why I don't like the idea of donations. First of all, people seem to have a nasty habit of thinking that once they have made a donation, they have the right to be on this forum, or they have the right to post/do anything they want ("I've payed for it, haven't I"). So if I would accept donations, it would be totally anonymous. If you make a donation, it will not make you a special member or something./B]

One thing I will not even consider is membership-fees.

Not attempting to get on your bad side Cliff, just applying a little "mature" rationale and reasoning from a forum member perspective.:

First and foremost, TINSTAAFL or basically, "There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" and that is what you have been providing us, and many of us, including myself have taken advantage of that from time to time, but in the end, this is still your forum and/or house.

Ok, let me try to explain why I don't like the idea of donations. First of all, people seem to have a nasty habit of thinking that once they have made a donation, they have the right to be on this forum, or they have the right to post/do anything they want ("I've payed for it, haven't I"). So if I would accept donations, it would be totally anonymous. If you make a donation, it will not make you a special member or something.

Even at the bare minimum of $60.00/year for a membership and knowing your costs are averaging $1,000.00/month (or roughly $12,000/year), that only gives any individual 0.5% (less then 1 share) in your site. Not much voting power let alone say if this was the real economic market.

Much like COMMON STOCK in the marketplace, one can own shares, but the individual doesn't have much say in what the corporation actually does, especially if his share is so miniscule (ie: a 0.5% investment) thier voice becomes even less heard, if at all.

Therefore, an individual can b*tch and groan all they want if they pay for a membership and doesn't mean they will get what they want in the end, just shows their maturity level if they attempt to pull that "excuse". "Corporate Island Booting" can then be used.

We'll leave any PROXY voting out of the equation.

Now if it was PREFERRED STOCK...

Anyways, I understand where you're coming from. You started and host the greatest site when it comes to Fiero's and people being able to meet and get together.

To me, it would be worth spending a "membership" fee which I (as well as others) fully understand it does not grant myself (us) the "Oyster to the World" to do whatever we want in your principle place of business. Still have to abide by the "Corporations" wishes, rules, goals and directions. If somebody doesn't like it...they can discontinue participating which, as others have stated, may clean up some of the "riff-raff" that may be coming to your site to do nothing more then cause problems. Those that are more serious and willing to contribute to the knowledge or assist others in a positive manner, will be willing to contribute to continue this sites exsistance.

Cliff, your obviously a proud man, with alot to be proud of. Many of us here seemingly are willing to pay for a membership with the maturity and understanding that it does not grant us special priveledges or anything else just to do what we want, when we want just because we would elect to pay for the privledge to be here or come to your house.

I am concerened about the "BANNER" thing. May or may not work. In time, if it isn't directing traffic (since I hate clicking on banners myself to begin with), over time, you may find individuals pulling and electing not to pay for the service. You will then be right back in the same boat, with a big leak in the bottom, sinking for options.

Just my 0.02 cents.

William Federle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for William FederleSend a Private Message to William FederleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Forum is a great resource.

Whatever type of banners you deside on is ok with me.

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alright Cliff (Can I call you Cliff? ;-))
I found this site way back in October of 2001 and it has saved me time and a TON (and I mean tonz) of money. I think of this site as a second family. I havent seen a forum like this, that has such a close knit family. When I ask a question (as stupid as it is) I always get a response. I think the banners are a really good idea. If you want to even put a page with thouse stupid "10 cents a click" type banners id even go with that. And im sure all the people wouldent mind clicking that a day. (think of it. if even 3000 peeps clicked it would be 0.10 X 3000 = $300 ) When i had my web site up they paid me $20 (of course i clicked by my self for like 2 months lol) but if we all do it up we can click click click...hey it doesnt bother me by clicking every time i check the fourm. (which is like everyday lol).
I donno I guess thats my 10 cents (lol get it? 10 cents? lol)
Keep up the good work!
XDrewX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XDrewXSend a Private Message to XDrewXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say, add the banners, all other sites i visit have them, I have learned how to ignore them.

Membership might or might not work. I am sure there are several households, like mine, that have more than one person with a user name, that use the forum. So, with that in mind, I would only pay for, afford, one membership and our whole house would have to share it.
The amount of users would also diminish drastically.
There are not many forums out there, which charge membership fees, that arent **** sites.

Well thats my two pennies.
Thanks Cliff, and I know I never thank you enough !!!!!!!!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it. Who cares if there is anoying pop ups. They're everywhere else on the internet, so one more won't matter.. As for just Fiero related.. that sounds like a bad idea.. Doesn't sound like a way to bring in much money. Just throw up car related banners like autotrader.com and such.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To keep the site up i would happily deal with ads please do anything in apropriate sp that i can still access it from school because that is where i read this the most the internet here has some restrictions so please keep it clean

------------------

87 GT
Holley Side Scoop
K&N Air Filter
Home Page

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever it takes Cliff, it's your call!
Jocular

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JocularSend a Private Message to JocularEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the response is all the same. Do what you have to do to keep this open. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate this forum, and we don't want to see it die!

I even think placing a banner at the bottom wouldn't be a bad idea, and would double the sponsor's visibility. At the size you've shown in your example, they are far from obnoxious, and like other members have said, they will even help people find parts or new vendors for parts.

1,000 dollars a month is a large burden to take upon yourself, and if there is any way we can help, we will do it!

Also put up a donation link with a way for people to send in a few bucks here and there. You'll be suprised at the amount people will help, and if anyone thinks that they are paying their way and can have their say...we'll show 'em the right road. I don't mind sending in a couple bucks to keep this going.

My 2 cents.

------------------
Jocular
86 GT

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever it takes Cliff, the forum is a very useful tool to all us fiero owners. Please keep up the good work, best run site I have been on. Thank you Gary
DonHager

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonHagerSend a Private Message to DonHagerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please do what ever you need to keep this open, we support 110%

------------------
FieroDon
85 GT
86 SE
87 GT (factory blue)
88 GT

Don's Fiero's.com

PFF
System Bot
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:
Cliff...
You have provided us faithfully with an AMAZING site to chat with other Fiero owners. Any banner wouldnt bother me... even the shock and punch the monkey ones! lol. I would even less mind it if they were Fiero banners! Although pop-ups SUCK id even deal with them to participate on this forum!

i agree with fieromaster it would be worth puttin up with any ads not matter whatthey are to be able to particaoate in this forum this is a great place cliff on i would have to loose this forum keep up the amazining work cliffthank you cliff
mike

jaguiler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaguilerClick Here to visit jaguiler's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaguilerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Porno pop adds!!! haha just kidding.... banners would be fine... plus you can still ask for more donations.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it. I don't think there is anybody here that would disagree.

------------------
Alex4mula
:) 3.4 Red Original Owner
& NO2 Yellow F/X (:

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

You have my blessing to do whatever you gotta do, to keep this forum alive. I wouldn't mind shock the monkey, X-10, ****, whatever. As long as we get to keep using the BEST FORUM ON THE INTERNET!!

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm for banners 100%.. I (like everyone else) never realized how much it cost you to keep this Forum running.. I'm for anything you want to do.. Monthly Fee's, Banner's, whatever...

P.S. Thank You.

-Haze

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
um, dude, like 50 cents a month membership and booyah, paid for
Banzai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BanzaiSend a Private Message to BanzaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever it takes Cliff!!!! This forum is and has been so valueble to me over the last 8 months that I'm willing to put up with just about anything except popups--they always lock up my computer.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Jeff B.
Banzai !!!!!!

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as long as there are no pop-ups im fine with advertising ads.

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say go for it. It ridiculous to think that you alone should shoulder the costs of providing this service.

You should also think about limiting peoples signature files. I personally think it's abusive that some of the members have large images in their sig file and they use it for EVERY post. That has got to unnecessarilly eat up a lot of bandwidth. it's wasteful and unappreciative of the effort and resources required to keep this site running.

I think you should also consider selling memberships. $50-$60 per year. It would allow those of us ho wish to help bear the cost of continuing to keep this site in operation. Buying one wouldn't have to be required to post or participate in the forum. That could still be done free as it is now. You could just give the paying members a few extra benefits. For example:

A members only forum

A small image posted under our name in every post

Maybe a Fiero related e-mail account.

I'm sure are other features that could be extended to paying members as well.

I have seen this doen successfully on another discussion board that I frequent.

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A banner is no big deal at all. I'd say the only good thing about membership fees is that it reduces the troublemakers. I also think that if everyone can put up with the crap that's been going on lately, a little banner is no big deal. I'm sure it's been said, but I didn't want to look through the three pages that are already there. If it's Fiero-related, even better! Except, whatever you do, don't put http://www.fierosite.com on there. Sorry Galen! Yeah, go for it!
PFF
System Bot
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing Animated, and limited to Fiero/car related content and you've got my vote!

Try not to take up too much screen real estate (in the black part of the top bar maybe.)

Cliff, I may be able to donate some bandwidth (US mirror?)

How about both, anonymous member donations, AND banners?

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Love shock the monkey !!!
and I also own one of those x10 camera's there a good deal!
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyway, my original question stands: would you mind sponsored banners?[/B][/QUOTE]

If it keeps the Forum up and running I am all for it !!! Thanks for giving us an option in the first place !!!!

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff,

If this banner idea flies, which is fine by me BTW, what would be the ground rules?

The advertiser provides their own banner? If so, what would be the requirements? as far as image size, file size, animated gifs, flash, what?

Also, if all this was brought up because of the banwidth you were eating, wouldn't banners affect some of that too? Compounding the problem?

Thanks,

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1

wojeda@FieroLT1.com

johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem here. Fiero banners could only help us with our cars.
86 gt fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 gt fastbackSend a Private Message to 86 gt fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anything to keep the forum alive,

ever heard about pop-up killer? just add the pages to the program and it will KILL them not even showing them anymore

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
You have been good enough to provide this forum, and let us all be members and use your web space FREE OF CHARGE. And, on top of that, I don't even own a Fiero.
I have enjoyed being a member, and appreciate that there is a place for me to post my inane drivel for others to see.
You don't need anyone's OK to do what you need to do to keep this forum from being a financial burden to you...but the fact that you asked our opinion about the ads just confirms that you are more than decent and generous.
If it means anything, I welcome the ads, because I know they'll benefit you.
Thanks again Cliff.
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2002 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it Cliff.

I wouldn't do business with 24/7 Media or CMGI though.

Your best bet is to sell them yourself to fiero related business'

You could have sponsors for individual forums instead of the banners. Such as the "The FieroStore Tech Forum"

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2002 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANK YOU for this great site

and thanks for asking about banners ect

maybe a eazyer sell if you donot limit banners to only fiero related stuff
we need and use stuff like,
general auto parts,
insurance,
GM or others new cars
wheels
tyres,
wax and wash stuff
spark plug co adds
gas or oil co adds