Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Get Your Steering Wheel Recovered (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Get Your Steering Wheel Recovered by Irrationable
Started on: 05-21-2015 12:46 AM
Replies: 272 (12360 views)
Last post by: SebFGT on 08-24-2022 09:23 PM
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edmonchuck, you have a private message
IP: Logged
ninjayogi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So do you have the cores in stock or do I have to ship you mine first? If possible I would like to order and pay for it and then ship you my old one when I get the new one if possible.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would also be interested in Indy leather
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ninjayogi:

So do you have the cores in stock or do I have to ship you mine first? If possible I would like to order and pay for it and then ship you my old one when I get the new one if possible.

You have a PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Mustang has Saddle brown leather seats but the steering wheel and e-brake boot are both black. Eventually, I'd like to have my steering wheel wrapped in matching brown and a new e-brake boot made. Is this something you might eventually be able to do?
Princelad

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrinceladSend a Private Message to PrinceladEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edited my post on the first page to add pictures of a wheel done in Mr. Mike's #13 tan leather as well as a description of what leather I have in stock and how much of it I have access to.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to update this post to confirm that I now have indy leather in stock! In addition, I also have a limited amount of black perforated leather as well as a small amount of brown leather that matches the brown/tan 86-87 interior. I'll update this post ASAP with pictures.
L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my wheel back from Alex and it looks awesome! Absolutely beautiful job. I can't wait to get in installed for the summer. The only problem is I have to keep working on getting the rest of the car to match the condition of the steering wheel! If you're on the fence thinking about getting your wheel recovered don't hesitate, it's well worth it.

Thanks again Alex!
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also interested in the Indy wheel. I sent you a PM a few days ago. Did you get it because I've had no reply.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adjustso3:

I am also interested in the Indy wheel. I sent you a PM a few days ago. Did you get it because I've had no reply.

I didn't. Sending a PM your way!
PFF
System Bot
GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my wheel today from Alex and it is as perfect as it can be. Great craftsmanship by the seller. can't wait to put it on. Alex does a great job on these. Add me to your list of very satisfied customers.

Jeff

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1986 Honda Goldwing SEi 1200 fuel injected

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

got my wheel today from Alex and it is as perfect as it can be. Great craftsmanship by the seller. can't wait to put it on. Alex does a great job on these. Add me to your list of very satisfied customers.

That's nice. What exactly did you get? Any picture?

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15141 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by Irrationable:

Another option for those of you looking for more unique colors (or a two-tone wheel) is to purchase your own leather from Mr Mikes or another retailer and send it in along with your wheel. Should you decide to go this route I will gladly offer a discount, as it removes some of the material cost on my end.

If you provide the leather, I offer a $10 discount. However, I strongly advise that you make sure your leather is automotive grade (UV treated to prevent fading) and is at least 1mm thick. Normal turn around time is roughly 3-4 once I receive the wheel. I ship back using the USPS priority mail, which takes 2 business days to arrive.

You are limited on colors you have available. I'd want the original Charcoal Grey for my 87 GT.
We need to know what quantity of leather you require (size of rectangular piece needed) if we purchase it...

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-18-2015).]

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

You are limited on colors you have available. I'd want the original Charcoal Grey for my 87 GT.
We need to know what quantity of leather you require (size of rectangular piece needed) if we purchase it...

Yes, my colors are somewhat limited, but I am slowly expanding what I have available (after all, I am running a VERY small operation). I currently have black, beechwood, perforated black, and Indy leather, as well as a small quantity of the dark brown used on 86-87 GTs.

I plan on expanding to include the dark grey and tan OEM colors. To be honest, only one or two other potential customers have inquired about the dark grey leather, so it hasn't been something I've vigorously perused, but I am looking into it and keeping my eyes peeled.

Very good point about the size of the leather needed. One 17x4in strip and one 28x8in piece are needed to recover a single steering wheel. Just be sure the leather is suitable for automotive use and is roughly 1.0 mm in thickness.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grantman...

What color is that?
Is that Dark Grey or Black that just looks grey in picture?
How does it compare in color to the dash cluster surround?
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've sent you a few PMs and am wondering if you received them. Take a look and let me know. Thanks
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Grantman...

What color is that?

iphone makes it look gray but it's black.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adjustso3:

I've sent you a few PMs and am wondering if you received them. Take a look and let me know. Thanks

Just sent a reply your way!
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Grantman...

What color is that?

The pictures that Grantman posted are actually a very good representation of the color of the black leather. The black that I am using is not a deep deep black, and I find that it matches the clusters quite well. I have this color on both of my fieros with the grey interior, and haven't had any complaints from any of my customers that have used it on theirs.

I actually hang on to the leftover scraps of leather each time I do a wheel to use for future reference. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to send you a sample of the black leather so that you can compare it yourself and ensure that you are happy with the match. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So these are Black wheels as well?

Originally posted by Robertzep2:

I am one of Alex's first customers. The picture is the wheel he did installed. I can definitely attest to the quality of his work. -Robert

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Alex recovered my wheel and it is excellent! He does great work with attention to detail.

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So these are Black wheels as well?

That is correct sir.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2015 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wondering what the wheel would look like in the Indy red...
Might have to hit that photoshop thread...
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We Pmed each other a little while back. I finally got a steering wheel I can use while mine is getting recovered. It is a '86GT brown wheel. Do you still have that color? If you do, let me know your mailing address so I can ship it to you. Do you need a deposit? How do I pay you?
Thanks
Bob
ag9123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ag9123Send a Private Message to ag9123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an Indy wheel ( and armrests and shift knob) that I'd like to get recovered if you can do it...

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero

2fiero2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2fiero2Send a Private Message to 2fiero2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also interested in the OEM Grey, looking to redo (2).
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ag9123:

I have an Indy wheel ( and armrests and shift knob) that I'd like to get recovered if you can do it...

I can do the steering wheel and shift knob, but the armrests are not something that I am doing at this time.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irrationable

405 posts
Member since Dec 2014
For those of you looking for the OEM grey, I have something that might be worth checking out.

While I am still looking for a reasonable match to the OEM grey, this is a side by side comparison of the original dark grey/charcoal in an 87 GT and the black leather that I have available. The leather is a very light shade of black, and is a very good match for the original charcoal. I have used this leather on both of my own cars, as well as for many of my other customers. The best part is, I can purchase this leather in bulk for a reasonable price and still be able to get more of it when I run out (my other colors such as the indy, beechwood, and brown are only available in limited quantities).

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Second PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Second PM sent.

Reply sent! Sorry for the delay
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irrationable

405 posts
Member since Dec 2014
Here's a new one. This is an example of the early leather-wrapped three spoke wheels used on the 84-85 cars. As you can see, these wheels lack the thumb notches found on later years and have a seam running along the middle of each spoke. This style required slightly tweaking my existing template, but didn't end up being too much trouble to do.

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an example of a wheel done in Indy leather. This leather was custom-dyed to match the original Indy Fiero grey and was special ordered by another member here on the forums before selling his leftover material to me. Unlike the black leather that I commonly use (and of which I have an essentially limitless supply of), I have a limited amount of the Indy leather available.

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that wheel looks beautiful ! I can't wait to get mine done. PM me the shipping info please and if you require a deposit or how you go about payment. Thanks
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Irrationable:

Here's a new one. This is an example of the early leather-wrapped three spoke wheels used on the 84-85 cars. As you can see, these wheels lack the thumb notches found on later years and have a seam running along the middle of each spoke. This style required slightly tweaking my existing template, but didn't end up being too much trouble to do.

I'm the lucky owner of this steering wheel. Irrationable did a great job with it.

Here's a picture of it installed.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex your quality to detail is amazing! You are the man!!!

Please do not hesitate to get your wheel (also shift knob!) done by Alex.

Gonna install in the morning, but here is some pictures of it now!

Before (150,000 miles of abuse)

After!

I don't know why my phone's camera's color is off in some pictures. The wheel is black with red stitching.

Worth every penny. Again, please if you are on the fence about getting this done, DO IT.

Ill upload pictures of the wheel installed tomorrow hopefully.

Again thank you Alex, you are the man!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2015 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex, from the pictures, looks like you did a great job. Since other customers are really pleased with your work, I will give you a chance to do my wheel & shift knob. My shift knob is badly worn out from the previous owner. If I decide to get just shift knob recovered for now, how much would that be? Let me know. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 07-11-2015).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

Alex, from the pictures, looks like you did a great job. Since other customers are really pleased with your work, I will give you a chance to do my wheel & shift knob. My shift knob is badly worn out from the previous owner. If I decide to get just shift knob recovered for now, how much would that be? Let me know. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

To recover a shift knob, I'm going to match mmeyer86gt/gtp's old price of $35 (prior to him leaving the forums). If a customer gets a steering wheel recovered, I will do it for $30 as the two would be shipped together, saving money
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock