Started on: 04-12-2014 10:52 PM
Replies: 122 (16948 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 09-17-2023 06:55 PM
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
email sent
IP: Logged
hypo327

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solman105:

Hi I'm Mike;
I helped Rog test out the '88 bracket and I'm glad to say that it's a winner. I painted mine orange so it'd show up much better in pictures.
I think he's ready to put these into production; hit him up if you're interested.

My photos:

How come this orange front engine mount is different from the black one that Roger shows above...? The sides have to bolt in the same place and so do the two stock mount studs, yet the one end is built differently....?

I'm truly happy with the products Roger is selling, I have his alternator mount, flywheel, and dogbone mount/tensioner

Good luck!!!!

mad dad matt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mad dad mattSend a Private Message to mad dad mattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received a metal Frisbee of death in the mail today for my 3.8sc swap!! Ahead of schedule! Now I just need the garage to warm up enough for my old bones and mounting bolts.Anyone know if I can use the factory clutch bolts and what bolts to mount it to the crank? I can measure the bolt hole specs but the kids heads at the parts counter explodes if you can't give them the year make and model first.
A+ on service, Nicely machined !
AutoMarshal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarshalClick Here to visit AutoMarshal's HomePageSend a Private Message to AutoMarshalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mad dad matt:

Received a metal Frisbee of death in the mail today for my 3.8sc swap!! Ahead of schedule! Now I just need the garage to warm up enough for my old bones and mounting bolts.Anyone know if I can use the factory clutch bolts and what bolts to mount it to the crank? I can measure the bolt hole specs but the kids heads at the parts counter explodes if you can't give them the year make and model first.
A+ on service, Nicely machined !

I got the clutch and flywheel bolts from the local GM dealership.
Clutch bolts: part# 24571667 $2.60 each times 6= $15.60
Flywheel bolts: part# 24505092 $3.20 each times 8= $25.60

Torque specs:
flywheel: 11 lb/ft + 50* (I like to use a bit of red thread lock on the bolts)
clutch: 15 lb/ft + 45* (I like to use a bit of red thread lock on the bolts)

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/000156-4.html

[This message has been edited by AutoMarshal (edited 02-11-2016).]

larafan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have a PM and an e-mail.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent: I need a lower mount alternator bracket, as well as the tensioner / dog bone adapter.

Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I just talked to Roger the other day. Your best way to get in touch with him is to call him. His number is right after his post.
Fierorog

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, please call or text me at 319-939-1285, Thanks, Roger
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good then, I just called and left a voice mail.....
hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierorog:

Ya, please call or text me at 319-939-1285, Thanks, Roger

I've emailed, messaged you on face book, and just left one by phone. One should work...lol...? Anxious to get my order for 3800sc mounts ready. Will be buying one of your flywheels later, when I get to that point and replenish my funds...lol
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I posted above, I left a voice mail this evening, and he then called me right back a short time later. PayPal sent

EDIT TO ADD:

For those looking for the belt tensioner, It is a part from a 1995 Ford Taurus 3.8l engine.

Part Numbers:

• ACDELCO 38139
  • MOTORCRAFT BT42
  • DORMAN 419202
  • GATES 38139
  • DAYCO 89217

I just bought the Dorman version on Amazon for $25 with free shipping.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-20-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered the low alternator mount bracket. I haven't test fit it yet and will not until it warms up around here but it's a really nice looking part with professional looking welds. Thanks Roger for super fast shipping and nice part.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a chance to install the lower alternator mount, and the dog bone / tensioner mount. The fitment was perfect, and I was able to install both in under 10 minutes! All the bolts to mount everything were included with the brackets. From the initial phone call, to mounts in hand was a matter of just a few days! He even called to follow up and make sure everything was correct. We need more Fiero vendors like this!

Here are both of the mounts that I installed this afternoon: THANKS ROGER! ! ! !

I still have a long way to go to get the engine completed, but it is a work in progress!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-08-2016).]

Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks great! Im in the beginning stages myself....but that does inspire me !
Lulzman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LulzmanSend a Private Message to LulzmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my flywheel, 88 motor mount, alternator mount, and dogbone/tensioner mount on Wednesday. 19 Days from the dated I paid to the date I received parts. I've fit everything on the engine except the flywheel, and fitment was perfect.
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:

looks great! Im in the beginning stages myself....but that does inspire me !

Carl, If I can do it, you can do it!

Louis

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT 3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have:
2003 L67 with MN7 (4t65eHD), going into an 88 notch. Engine and trans are factory stock. Need the following:
Motor mounts
Trans mounts
Low mount alt bracket
Shipped to 03461. Reply at your convenience, cash is waiting. Build is starting this winter.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)

REM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REMSend a Private Message to REMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger doesn't really need it, but here is another endorsement. I've recently purchased the engine mount, alternator mount and pulley/dogbone mount. All are the same excellent quality as shown on his first page, and as endorsed by many others. Don't be put off by his slow or no response to emails or delayed replies on this forum. Just do as he says and PHONE him! I had my parts within a week of speaking with him.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all the mounts on my engine now, lower alternator bracket, dog bone / tensioner, motor mount, transmission mount ect. I had a question about the tensioner, and called Roger, and on the 3rd ring he answered and was able to answer it on the fly!

Everything was simply bolt in place. All except for one MINOR alteration. When I went to install the oil sender, the sender unit could not be installed do to the lower alternator bracket interfering. All that was required was a little bit of grinding, and all is well. I only post this, so that you may adjust your jig a tiny bit to allow for a wee bit more clearance for future brackets.

Just grinding it down a tiny bit:

You can see now, after alteration, that there is just enough room to be able to plug it in:
(The red area in the photo is was what had to be removed)

Thank you for an amazing product, as well as tech support
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CJB118:

I have:
2003 L67 with MN7 (4t65eHD), going into an 88 notch. Engine and trans are factory stock. Need the following:
Motor mounts
Trans mounts
Low mount alt bracket
Shipped to 03461. Reply at your convenience, cash is waiting. Build is starting this winter.

I believe 2003 ( and up) was the year that the rear mounts for the transmission were changed. You will need a different mount for the right (rear) side. Just make sure that Roger is aware of this. His swap parts are top notch. I've used his idler brackets, they fit perfect and Rog is an honest and reputable guy to deal with .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, For faster service, Please call or text me at 319-939-1285

Thanks, Roger
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2016 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I still order these mounts to have for later when I finally get a motor?
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to order these brackets to have when I do a 3800 swap. How do I order?
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call or text Roger at the number is posted above. He's more responsive to texts rather than emails or phone calls.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67 swap soon

can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my low mount, engine mount and dog bone bracket last week. Everything fit nice, just one hole needed a slight adjustment with my dremel. Another thumbs up for Fierorog.

[This message has been edited by can machine (edited 09-14-2016).]

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2017 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For faster service, Please call or text me at 319-939-1285. Thanks, Roger
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did Anything ever become of the "trunk friendly" EXHAUST ??
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received the '88 front mount. bolted right up, dropped right on. now for the 4t65e brackets ! LOL
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
just received the 4t65e Trans mounts, already Installed and lookin' good. Thanks
RWoodman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWoodmanSend a Private Message to RWoodmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered and received the engine mount and it was spot on for my SIIISC install. Thanks for making he parts available to keep our cars alive with new blood. I will be looking for the alternator and Dog Bone bracket when I get to that point in my install.

------------------
Make it run fast and you'll never get caught!
88 Formula -SIIISC 5spd swap in process.

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on a Facebook page. Its not 100% yet, but a work in progress.

Please check it out, and post some pictures of your 3800 swaps on there.

Thanks, Roger
Cell 319-939-1285

Facebook page
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just installed both of Fierorog's upper engine mount and lower alternator bracket. Both were a perfect fit and required no modifications. I had some issues with my old pulley system and went with these brackets due to all the positive feedback and comments. In addition to offering quality parts at reasonable prices, I recommend Roger as one of the best forum vendors that I have ever dealt with. He answers all questions and is more than accommodating when it comes to shipping and payment. If you are considering 3800 mounts, lower alternator mount or any other products that he offers look no further. You won't find a better value with his parts and you can have complete confidence with the overall transaction.
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amen......
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these brackets still being made?
Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, Still here!!!
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can up upload pics w/ PIP so we can see what you make, now that all the old photos are gone? Thanks.

Rob
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

PM sent.

Email sent.

Voicemail left.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! I need a Low mount alt bracket and dog bone/tensioner bracket. PM sent.
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Fierorog. I’m going to be needing some swap brackets in the very near future. I have an 84 Fiero which is a 4 speed manual. I’m going to convert it to an automatic using an engine cradle from an 87GT. The engine is a 2001 Buick 3.8 SC and I will be using a 4T65E-HD transmission as soon as I find one. I’m going to need the engine mount, transmission mounts, and the upper dogbone kit. I already purchased the low mount alt bracket from you a while ago. My 84 does NOT have A/C so I was going to run a A/C delete pulley and remove the OEM power steering pump. Any idea what belt / belts to use ? I’ll need all parts shipped to 14779 NY. Thanks and talk to you soon.

Daryl

Originally posted by Fierorog:

Well here it is. As you may have seen, I have started building some parts for the 3800 engine swaps. I have most of my parts laser cut from 1/4 in plate. And then I build the parts on jigs. I pride myself on quality parts and fast service.

The lower alternator bracket for the 3800 uses your 99 - 03 alternator. Comes with the bolts to mount it to the engine. $85 + shipping

The tensioner / dogbone bracket uses a tensioner from a ford taurus, but does not come with the tensioner unit. It also is the top engine mount ( dogbone ) that is adjustable to fit your needs. It uses the original fiero V6 dogbone. Comes with the bolts to mount it to the engine. $120 + shipping

These two brackets make up what you need to run the belt with the A/C or an A/C delete pulley . I have the belt number and what tensioner to use.

The motor mount I build is for the 84-87 and uses the fiero rubber motor mount or the Rodney Dickman's poly mounts. $110 + shipping

88 engine mount NOW AVAILABLE !! $110 + shipping

4T65E tranny mounts NOW AVAILABLE !! Include all bolts for mounting to engine.
These mount to the OEM Fiero rubber mounts. Both front and back $135 + shipping

I can ship any or all parts for $20 in the US or $60 to Canada.

I also have 3800sc or 3800na conversion flywheels. These are new flywheels that I turn down and balance to be used in a series II & III engine. The machining was done to enable the clutch to fit properly into the Fiero manual transmission. $270 + shipping.

Please ask any questions you have. Email is fierorog@gmail.com and my cell is 319-939-1285
Thanks, Roger

Contact FIEROFLYER if you need a wiring harness. He does great work.

Thanks to all of you that have bought form me. Please post some pics if you can.

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,
Still here and still making parts. Please call or text me at 319-939-1285 if you have any questions. Thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock