3800 SWAP PARTS by Fierorog
Started on: 04-12-2014 10:52 PM
Replies: 122 (17024 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 09-17-2023 06:55 PM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my answer to the oil pressure sender question from Dan (FIEROFLYER) It seems the 3 inch long 88 fiero one with the three pins is correct.

But here's another question. What size bolts are needed to attach the motor mount bracket?
Since I got my 3800 engine without a car, I don't have any of these bolts.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

IP: Logged
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't remember actual size but they are large and the same thread as the bell housing bolts if that helps. I always have a tray full of them as well as other bolts to keep me going.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I've gathered if they are like the pulley bracket bolts, they are m10 I believe and I guess hardened. I can always figure out a length.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Glen87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for good parts!
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rogers parts are top notch, no-one can deny that.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Fierorog

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. You are all just too kind. Good luck on your builds.

Roger
Cell 319-939-1285

P.S. Auto trans mounts coming soon. The prints are drawn, and jigs are being built.
Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4T65E tranny mounts NOW AVAILABLE !! Include all bolts for mounting to engine.
These mount to the OEM Fiero rubber mounts. Both front and back $125 + shipping

I will try to get some pics on soon.

I have 6 sets made at this time. Get them while there hot.

Don't worry... I can make more.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posting in here for a friendly BUMP and so I can show interest. Going for Lasik this Thursday so car funds are going to be on the DL for the time being... Thankfully after this long winter finally calls it quits and I get a chance to replace the distributor o-ring the car will be driveable for the summer!

Ill need Everything for an 88 conversion with a Getrag! Ill be buying from you next tax return at the LATEST. I am so excited!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just installed all of the engine and transmission (4t65EHD) mounts, lower alt. bracket, and tensioner sold by Roger and I have to say they all fit perfectly. I did grind the engine bracket ever so slightly just because I wanted to use the aluminum oil pan which came on my 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. I just had to remove a little bit to clear the "fins" on the front of the pan. I like this pan over the standard stamped pan as it should not have any leaks with the better oil seal. For a normal stamped pan, the engine bracket will fit just fine with no modifications. I am installing this 3800SC engine into my sons 87GT with the 4t65EHD transmission. The two transmission brackets from Roger fit perfectly, it was very nice with the new bolts provided. I also installed the lower alternator bracket along with the tensioner assembly and it fit right up as well. I will pass on pics to Roger next week upon my final installation within the chassis. I am interested in how much smoother of a feel I expect from utilizing new but stock engine and transmission mounts vs. the poly ones installed on my 88GT with the same engine/transmission combination. What a blast they are to drive!! Thanks to Roger for some great mounts!! Curtis
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear the tranny mounts work and fit properly now I can send people your way Rog when they ask for them
Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Curtis. I love to hear that it is going smooth. Just remember, I want a ride in it when your done.

Thank you Dan !!!! I could not have done this without your help. I built some jigs off the parts you sent me, Drew up prints on the parts, and got them cut out CNC. ( they make nice parts ) And away we go.

Thanks again, Roger
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad my designs are being used by some one a lot more capable then me in welding skills plus as I said a long time ago my body was not liking the strain of making them. Keep up the great work Rog and let me know when you are ready to start making F23 and F40 mounts so I can send you a set of those as well.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I need a T for the oil sender with the low mount alt bracket?
Any pics of the Trans Brackets?
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Do I need a T for the oil sender with the low mount alt bracket?
Any pics of the Trans Brackets?

No, i used the 90 degree street elbow from home depot as seen in the automarshal 3800sc thread. Worked great and i am using rog's low alt bracket.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress--IT'S ALIVE !!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

FieroFastBackL67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to purchase your balanced flywheel for my series 2 3800sc and quick. Its time to finish this swap!
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ANY PICTURES OF THE 4T65e Mounts ? will probably be needing at least 2 sets engine and trans for 88. the engine mount Will work WITH AC correct ? thanks
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
Saw the picture of the 88 engine mount. what is the difference between it and the 84-87 ? Thanks
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If/when you have f23 mounts available, I'm in for a set for sure. Just waiting for the day I blow up the stock getrag lol
Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have mounts for the f23. Not sure if or when I will do that.

Lou6t4gto I sent you a pm.

Thanks, Roger
cell 319-939-1285
indyguy

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indyguySend a Private Message to indyguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my mounts from Roger. Great product and a very smooth transaction.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have some needs and can order when I get back into town in mid August.
For instance what does the tensioner mount with the adjustable dog bone mount attachment cost?
Low alternator mount for the 3800SC series III engines?
Any plans for auto trans mounts that will fit the 04-up 4T65eHD? WCF uses a heavy pin in a blind trans hole and uses one primary bolt stanchion to hold the bracket.
Many of us don't have the time to fabricate everything from scratch. I believe that if you came out with a dogbone bracket that mounted to the back of the engine that would sell very well. I currently run two dog bones on my swap to limit powertrain movement under WOT conditions.
If you keep the good parts coming people will buy them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rog, PM Sent. Need an engine bracket

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) T460e.

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, I sent you an email.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierorog:

Dennis, I sent you an email.

Got it. An order will be coming in mid August when I return.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trunk friendly 3800 exhaust will be coming soon.
modsquad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for modsquadSend a Private Message to modsquadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump. There are a lot of great parts surfacing from this forum which is exciting. Hopefully when I am ready to swap my 2.8 out, these parts will still be available!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The trunk friendly 3800 exhaust will be coming soon.

PM sent on another item. The exhaust sounds like a great idea.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for the exhaust. Let's hope this happens! Great looking parts so far
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The shipping cost on a full exhaust would probably be very high especially to Canada where you are located. I suggested to Roger that he consider just making the 3" U head pipe and perhaps the exhaust pipes. He's a creative guy. We'll see what he comes up with.

Check your email. Order placed and paid for. Need an order acknowledgement and a ship date.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 10-20-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

[QUOTE]
Check your email. Need an order acknowledgement and a ship date.

Order placed on 10/12 via paypal. Have not heard back from you since. Communications do play a part in good business practice.
Assuming that everything is OK on your end, I will move forward with the assumption then that you will deliver within four weeks or by 11/12. Is that fair?
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 10-21-2015).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
using Your 3800 "Engine Mount" (1987 GT), is there any problem with the AC bracket "Fitting" with your mount ? I'd gotten one previously from (Un named provider) where I had to totally re bend his mount to get the AC bracket on. thanks
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received a tensioner bracket from Roger today. Have not installed it as yet, but it is well made and heavily constructed. Roger is a four star vendor and shipment was quicker than I expected.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Dennis. Good luck on your build. I want a ride when your done with it.
Roger

Cell 319-939-1285

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you Dennis. Good luck on your build. I want a ride when your done with it.
Roger

Cell 319-939-1285

Just telling the truth and anyone who puts their phone number out there, is without question a stand up guy. Have done several 3800SC swaps and its always good to use high quality parts. While this in no way takes away from the other people selling swap parts, I can say with complete confidence that you are a highly recommended choice. Another order on the way!

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone post up the specs for the 4t65e transmission bracket bolt sizes? I misplaced mine and need to get some replacements.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Can someone post up the specs for the 4t65e transmission bracket bolt sizes? I misplaced mine and need to get some replacements.

The bolts that hold the bracket to the transmission should be M10 x 1.5. The bolts that hold the transmission to the bell housing at M12 x 1.25. Those are the thread sizes. Don't recall the exact lengths needed.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Lulzman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LulzmanSend a Private Message to LulzmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to get a set of these. I'll give you a call after christmas and we can talk details.

[This message has been edited by Lulzman (edited 12-23-2015).]

862m62

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 862m62Send a Private Message to 862m62Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent p.m.

[This message has been edited by 862m62 (edited 12-23-2015).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on the trunk friendly 3800 exhaust?
Fierorog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to hit the exhaust hard after the first of the year.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock