Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero by TXOPIE
Started on: 05-17-2013 01:55 AM
Replies: 256 (13407 views)
Last post by: dkh1020 on 10-05-2014 11:19 PM
Sonny Burnett 21

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to do a dark grey leather with light grey suede with the concept door pocket. If so u got another buyer
IP: Logged
Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto with what Sonny is asking for or something very similar so it matches the dark gray / light gray GT interior. If this is possible, please put me on the list.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Grabber Green (edited 08-07-2013).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Txopie: Thanx for the great updates. Rob's work is fantastic (I want that 308 so damned bad). Too bad this is in the mall, it need to be in the Construction Zone.

Bob
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RCR....Going to put together a thread shortly. I wanted the artist to have full focus on the work and not the thread!

Finally pictures of the raw Prototypes coming shortly!

Once pictures are snapped...Rob will be shipping them up to Russ in IN....so that means we will all get to see what the 1st upholstered set will look like completed and get a final price range for upholstery.

There will be some variance in cost based on materials used and such...we all have our taste and budgets!

Once Russ has his hands on the first set, I am sure He will post something sharing his work in lots of amazing pictures, before shipping them back to DFW.

From there it will be up to you to PM Russ yourself and work out the final price.

You will have to let me know if you plan to utilize Russ for your upholstery or not...we are offering direct shipping to Russ from EVM_Rob for those who are interested.
If not, you will have to give us the shipping address where you want your panels shipped.

Expect to receive a PM this week with details for invoice & payment.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-10-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Sonny Burnett 21 & Grabber Green...ADDED!
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

LateFormula,

Let me check with Rob to see how difficult that would be, I have never owned a Fiero without power mirrors, so I have never seen how they mount.
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be in for a set.
I'll let you know within 1 weeks time.
kyyljoy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyyljoySend a Private Message to kyyljoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i may be in for a set pending the final price with shipping
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lateFormula that is a good question now that I think about it my fiero don't have power mirrors
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOMEONE be so kind to show pictures of inside & outside of manual side mirror adjustment area
PFF
System Bot
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

LateFormula,

Let me check with Rob to see how difficult that would be, I have never owned a Fiero without power mirrors, so I have never seen how they mount.

Wow I thought all fieros came with a rear view mirror that was attached to the windhsield. I have seen manual SIDE view mirrors, but never a rear view one controlled by cables. Can you see them under the headliner? Is this a factory option?

[This message has been edited by GodSend (edited 08-12-2013).]

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE-Is it to late for me to get in on this group buy? I would definitely be in as long as it not going to be obscenely expensive to upholster them. Please let me know. Thanks Daniel
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Wow I thought all fieros came with a rear view mirror that was attached to the windhsield. I have seen manual SIDE view mirrors, but never a rear view one controlled by cables. Can you see them under the headliner? Is this a factory option?

GodSend...Actually all 3 mirrors (if you have 3 on your vehicle) are consider rear-view mirrors...since they show what is behind you. There is a driver's side rear view, a Center rear view, & a optionally a passenger side rear view mirror on some cars of the Fiero's era and earlier.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-12-2013).]

Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the first set to cover
For those following the post and wanting or considering the new door covers. The first set will be designed for Jim (TXOPIE) to his specs.
I'll do the R&D to make the covers, then I'll make the pattern from the prototype and do the final cover. My labor cost will be based on the time to do the final cover, not the R&D time, this way it's fair and I can keep the cost down for everyone.
I've been doing Upholstery for over 30 years and have my shop located on my home property, so I don't have the overhead and expenses that other's have.
When the first set is complete, that will be the base cover from others to order from. You will be able to add options or subtract options and the colors, materials, stitch patterns, etc. will be your choice, and may increase or decrease the cost from the base pattern
Any questions, suggestions, comments are always welcome
Russ

------------------

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick question, will these attach to the door using the factory hardware and mounting locations?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes Sir!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I was texting with Rob a few days ago and have not had the time to post:

ETA on the 1st completed set?

"I am ordering the rigid foam to make the top part of the armrests. It should be here by the end of the week and then I will just have to fiddle with it a
little bit since it's not actually a product I've used before until I get the first parts made. But I would say that sometime next week is a pretty safe bet.

Sooner if I'm able!"

So all the fiberglass work is completed and he is working on the armrests now.

Hopefully we will have some pictures by end of weekend!
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still Interested, Hope to see you at NTFC meeting on 8-24-13..............

Mike Parker
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE from Rob:

"A completed door

All of the components are there however the upper part of the arm rest will be made sold out of hard urethane foam. The piece shown here is fiberglass.

Just messing with how everything will attach and finishing up the passenger side arm rests"

So everyone, it is time to make your finally decisions. Two weeks from this Friday we will close this group buy and the price will go up!

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the final base price for a completed set?
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No pocket? No courtesy light?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This will be a possible one-off option as well.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-20-2013).]

Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still interested as long its fairly priced light grey dark grey ( setup like the gt combo ) with the door pocket I'll still buy
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Updates?
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dkh1020:

Any Updates?

Me too............
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE: Will have the final announcement on Monday!

My set of reproduction Zimmer Quicksilver inner door panels are ready and being shipped to Russ in IN.
Here are some pics of finished parts.

All of the arm rest and secondary pieces

All of the fiberglass parts for one door

The parts loosely laying together

Top of arm rest is fiberglass with a rigid foam core with threaded metal inserts for attaching

and the fished panels roughly attached to the door
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FINAL UPDATE: THE DOOR PANELS ARE READY!!!!

Here are some pics of finished parts.

All of the arm rest and secondary pieces

All of the fiberglass parts for one door

The parts loosely laying together

Top of arm rest is fiberglass with a rigid foam core with threaded metal inserts for attaching

and the fished panels roughly attached to the door

. You can tell them that orders that are placed via Paypal before Thursday the 19th will be $175 per set plus a flat rate of $35 s/h to anywhere in the lower 48 states (would have to get a quote with a provided postal code for anywhere else).

Cashiers checks or money orders will need to be postmarked before the 19th.

After the 19th the price will be $275 plus shipping.

The address for money order or cashiers checks is
Rob Long
1023 Hampson LN
Knoxville, TN 37919

And the Paypal ID is themailidontcheck@yahoo.com

Orders will ship in the same order as the payments are received.
Turn around time for the first 2 -3 sets will be 1 to 3 days and orders after that will be 4-5 days.

Any questions, please email or PM Rob (EVM_Rob) directly.

Thanks and enjoy!

TXOPIE
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question:

Why do you have a price change after the 19th that was not indicated in your original post?

If I have 3 more committed (deposit paying) buyers...the cost is $250 for the set (which beats most any other option)
If we get 5 buyers...the cost will drop down to $175 for the set (which is just down right amazing)

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOURMUG,

The manufacture ROB is limiting the time on the group buy...after that he will still offer the panels, just not at the same price as with the group buy.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Door panels are coming out great...Keep up the good job
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for clarification, is the $175 + $35 shipping that cost of only the fiberglass skins? Or is that the cost for a set of upholstered, finished door panels? If that is the price for the fiberglass alone, is there any pricing estimates yet from Russ to "finish" them?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

Just for clarification, is the $175 + $35 shipping that cost of only the fiberglass skins? Or is that the cost for a set of upholstered, finished door panels? If that is the price for the fiberglass alone, is there any pricing estimates yet from Russ to "finish" them?

LateFormula,

$175 + $35.00 shipping is just for the fiberglass skins. Russ should have my set any day now...they are going to look great! But everyone's cost from Russ will probably be a little bit different based on what materials and one-offs that you include. I would reach out to Russ via PM and let him know what your thinking so he can give you a ball park price.

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE you have a PM............

Russ you have a PM.................

Mike Parker

[This message has been edited by fieroseblack (edited 09-09-2013).]

retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry, but you will have to count me temporarily out. I'm currently out of funds for my project, and I'm reconsidering the direction I want to go on color combos. They are really good looking panels though, and I hope that they will still be offered for sale when I am ready to buy.
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting for Jim's set to arrive so I can give a good quote on the finished product. I need that first set to see how much material and time will be involved for the final covers. I guess the best way to describe me not quoting a price now would be the same as calling your mechanic on the phone and saying " my car is making a funny noise, how much to fix it".

I don't want to quote too low or too high, but I will say for the Fiero community, my price will be hard to beat by any local upholstey shop you deal with. I plan on keeping the cost as low as possible to make the final price attractive to everyone, as I think the panels are a great alternitive to the stock ones

I also hope that the Sept 19th deadline will be extended as that only gives me a few days to finalize a price for all those interested. I'm not giving excuses, but I just had surgury two weeks ago and my house is still under-going major repairs from the flood, and I'm still dealing with Contractors, Insurance Company's and FEMA ( the biggest PITA ) and I have a few major upholstery projects that I'm behind on because of the repairs

I'll keep you posted and do what I can as quickly as I can. Thanks for your patience. You can post or PM me with your comments, suggestions, ideas, colors, etc

Russ

------------------

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ:

I agree, the September 19th deadline is not enough notice, especially for those of us who are waiting for your estimate.

TXOPIE:

Please extend the deadline.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 09-10-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...the masses have spoken...let me text EVM_Rob and see if he can push it out...would the end of the month be fair, if I can get him to agree to that?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock