Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero by TXOPIE
Started on: 05-17-2013 01:55 AM
Replies: 256 (13407 views)
Last post by: dkh1020 on 10-05-2014 11:19 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While studying the picture below, I might even to venture to say, that he did it on purpose.

Since that is the area that the shell goes over, I looks more concave rather then wavy if you look at it closely.

The concave portion could be to allow more room for the extra material/padding that wraps around the 2nd overlay shell...don't know, just speculating.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Received a response from Rob:

"It just looks odd in that picture. Here is another from a different angle. Also, keep in mind that any minor imperfections are of little relevance as the parts are to be covered in a thin layer of foam and vinyl. However, I am making sure they will be as nice as possible strait out of the mold"

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to you and Rob for the response and additional pictures.

Nolan
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still going to recess the area around the arm grip and/or have the pocket area/insert?

Looking good!
BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Opie/Rob.

B2
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

cool
hope you dont hit any snags and all progresses smoothly

Coady these will be replacement for the old caddy style ones in the original:
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet looks way nicer than the other ones
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob is doing a great job and I like everything about these door panels, and looking forward getting the first set for upholstery work. The design wheels and ideas are at work.

Russ

------------------

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE,
"UPDATE: These are the COURTESY lights I will be using in my Quicksilver panels:"

I hope the finish fiberglass leaves this area solid for buyers use. I have a different idea for that area.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates? We can't wait to see how these turn out.
PFF
System Bot
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

UPDATE: These are the COURTESY lights I will be using in my Quicksilver panels:

FYI: I purchased 05 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT LEFT RIGHT REAR DOOR COURTESY LIGHT LAMP SET

From: 01 02 03 04 05 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT LEFT RIGHT REAR DOOR COURTESY LIGHT LAMP SET

Those are not courtesy lights, they are the dome lights and reading lights in most 99 to 2006 VW. (Golf, Jetta, Passat, Beetle etc.. ) they have an always off, always on and a door trigger. That is why there is a picture of an open door, it means that in that position it is operated by the door trigger.

The courtesy or puddle lamps look like this:

My only concern would be bumping the lights on something and leaving them in the always on positionand drain the battery or the always off position where they would not work at all. Maybe glue them in the door trigger position?

Cheers!

Hereis the part number for the puddle lights, they seem as though they would work and looknice aslo:
The 1K0 947 411 A (1K0947411A) - Door Warning Light (bulb is preinstalled) and c0 971 972 (1J0971972) - Connector Housing.
and the repair wire so there is no need to hack anything: •000 979 019 (000979019) - Repair Wire for Connector Housing

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 06-17-2013).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this will help some.

http://rothengine.com/1K0947411ADoorLight.aspx
http://wastol.en.alibaba.co...ight_1K0947411A.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low...em48457991bd&vxp=mtr

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 06-17-2013).]

dkh1020

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am 100 % interested in a pair of these panels. I like the design as is. Will these come as a blank panel or completely turn key and ready to install. What do I need to do to get on the list for a pair of these?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dkh1020:

I am 100 % interested in a pair of these panels. I like the design as is. Will these come as a blank panel or completely turn key and ready to install. What do I need to do to get on the list for a pair of these?

ADDED TO THE LIST!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: From Rob...sorry no picture this time, but sounds a lot closer to being ready for display:

I got everything repaired on the splashed mold. Now just have to make a part out of it and make it all pretty then take the final mold off of that. So everything is back on track now though a few days behind schedule

Rob
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should updated pictures before the weekend is out
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
add me to the yes list on the condition I can get the darker grey to match my 88 interior
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please change my maybe to a yes, as we discussed at the NTFC.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jsmorter:

add me to the yes list on the condition I can get the darker grey to match my 88 interior

I am sure that Russ can manage that without a problem...ADD TO THE LIST!

PontiacBlue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacBlueClick Here to visit PontiacBlue's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacBlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me as a maybe. I am changing jobs and got prematurely let go for putting in my notice, leaving me without work for a week or two so money is tight for a month.
SO I am a definite buy, just don't know if I'll be able to buy right away...but I love that $175 price tag. If it will be another month or two then it'll be all good.
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pictures?
bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has Russ set a price for upholstery on these yet? Just wondering what an overall price to have them ready to go at my house would be...Thanks!

Brian
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I received the following update from Rob:

I got the door panel splash mold fixed along the top edge by clamping a piece of wood to it and using other assorted clamps and steel wire to hold it in the correct position then glassed over the outside of the mold with mat and cloth so that it would hold the new shape.

Once that was done I cleaned up the mold a little bit with some sanding and body filler, waxed it, sprayed it with part-all film, gel coat and laid up a part in the mold.

And here is the finished part with the Fiero door handle piece installed.

Now I will get it fitting well on the door and then get the part as nice and slick as possible and take the final mold off of it. Once it is fitting perfectly I will just copy all of the dimensions to the passenger side door panel and begin getting it ready to mold as well. Once I have completed both molds and produced parts I can start making the arm rests.

Rob
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool!

Thanks for the update.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to be on the MAYBE list.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

I would love to be on the MAYBE list.

ADDED!

Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Rob is making good progress.
bmac - can't really give a good quote until I have that first set in hand to cover, just to many variables to deal with.

Russ

------------------

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ88TTop:

Looks like Rob is making good progress.
bmac - can't really give a good quote until I have that first set in hand to cover, just to many variables to deal with.

Russ

Russ,

Soon as the 1st set is complete, Rob will be shipping them directly for you to do your MAGIC!

So everyone...hopefully not too much longer, but we sure don't want to rush the artist!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-25-2013).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: From Rob:

"The drivers door panel final mold is laid up and the mold will be cut out tomorrow. Once it rests for 2 days it will be ready to produce parts. I will make a part on Thursday and start making the arm rest for it. In the meantime I am working on the passenger side panel now and should have it done on Wednesday. I will make the mold off of it the same time I make the first drivers side panel part."

More pictures to follow shortly!
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested pending how much it costs to cover them... -Jason
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I'm interested pending how much it costs to cover them... -Jason

Jason...Putting you on the maybe list!
John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I have to be taken off of the list. Bought another vehicle, and my wife says someone has to go. So my 88gt with t-tops will soon be for sale.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John Black88GT:

Unfortunately I have to be taken off of the list. Bought another vehicle, and my wife says someone has to go. So my 88gt with t-tops will soon be for sale.

John...sorry to hear about having to sell the Fiero...removing you from the list.

PM sent in regards to 88!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I received the following update from Rob:

"I planned on cutting the new mold off the part today but since has been raining so much I decided to give it one more day to make sure its good and cured. Here is a pic of the mold with the bracing added"
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi:

Any updates?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Heard from Rob and have some fresh pictures:
"
I began by cutting out patterns in cardboard and taping it together

Then once all the patterns were cut out and taped together I remade everything out of foam core poster board

Once that was done and the pieces were taped down I put a layer of fiberglass mat and cloth over it to make it solid

I have both doors to this stage and now I have something solid now to work with and can get their final shape with foam for the contours and body filler to smooth it all out. I hope to have them ready to mold ASAP

Rob"
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI...I have been out of pocket and out of town dealing with a very sick father-in-law. Sorry for the lack of updates and non-response to my PMs.

I should be back in the saddle again shortly.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock