Started on: 05-04-2008 04:58 PM
Replies: 470 (17915 views)
Last post by: Fiero Thomas on 02-04-2016 01:14 PM
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello all I am now doing Visors for you. For these I have taken a class with a pro to teach me what he does then added my own twist. My visors are 100% like OEM. TO get your visors done I will need your cores and the total cost with shipping back to you is $55.00. IF you include more cores I credit $5.00 per core. This will help get your cost down. Here is a photo of an old unit and the completed unit. This is a sample so the color of stitching I use is matching to what you have. I can also stitch in what ever color you want as well. I have been asked to do a carbon fiber style and I am working on it to see if it is doable but as the material is more this will cost more. Visors from the Fierostore are at 99.99 pluse shipping so mine is at a 50% savings to you. Colors are Grey, Black, Tan and other custom colors as needed. You will have to add for custom molors. You can also purchase a headliner kit and visors for a total of $100.00 shipped. This will save you $10.00 over all. I use a special adhesive that is designed for foam type materials leaving you with a nice feel to your visors. The Visors with Mirrors will be returned without mirrors on them. WHen the visors were made they were a one shot deal to get in there. They are held in with a rubber grommet that I can not get out of the old visors with out cutting them.

Now The New

Here are the carbon fiber style that are able to go out. the total on these are 75.00 shipped

Here are installed Photos

Here we are in the up position. they fit in there nice an snug. The screw in the visor is to tighten the viser up to the bar so it does no fall

Here they stay up nice and tight. Why dont I like to add Mirrors as they put an extra space there and they gap the look when they are up. Also they will crease your headliner.

here is the side in the down position full shot

And here are the side

If you have questions please email me and I will do my best to answer.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 11-03-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kyle1016

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is a core the set of visors? or just one visor? And how much more would a carbon fiber set be?
They look great by the way.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes a core would be two visors. I am still up in the air on doing the carbon ones but if so you are looking at 100.00 for the two as the material is exspensive to get and there will have to be extra padding put in them as well as there is none on the carbon. THank you for the nice words as well.

Tom

------------------

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2008 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to be able to do the pockets like on my 87 and 88 GTs?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a good question. After looking at them I can see that the original design was strange. There is three seperate materials on top and the only way for them to have survived is to not use them. Since I want to make them alst I dont want to do these as I can see tons of issues with them that I do not like and feal that they can tear in the short run. I really want my work to last for a long time.

I will experament however and if I come up with a good design I will let them go.

Tom

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 05-05-2008).]

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work Tom! Although I could get these done locally, would much rather give a PFF member the business. Can't wait to get mine!
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a set that I am doing right now. This is grey and reflecting the final product that you will receive

------------------

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nicely done!
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful, as always!

Once I get some funds saved back up from buying the Formula, I'll be contacting you with some custom ideas for most of the products you offer...

...Can you do Alcantara?

------------------
~Michael

Project IMSA Formula Coming Soon!
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

alafieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alafierosSend a Private Message to alafierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you be able to do them in Vinyl?
I would be able to send the material with the old visors.
Not sure what kind of equipment you have available.
I don't think a standard sewing machine would be able to punch through 4 layers of vinyl.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He there Triad thank you for the kind words. I had to look up Alcantara as I had no idea what it was. I am not sure on that one.

alafieros i dont think that I will be doing them in vinyl. I have three machines that I use to do all my work but with the vinyl that will bring some un needed chalanges that at this point do think that I will tackel. The key to a good visor is the material and the thickness and how it bends. I was going to try a set of carbon fiber ones but that is down the road after I figure out some of the logistics on it.

Tom

------------------

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ever decide to cover some in black vynal or leather send me a pm. #2 in line.
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any quality suede-like material would work in place of alcantara...Would you be open to something like this?

Thanks!

~M

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to check into booth to see what happenes. I am going to test for a leather style as well. it just depends on what kind of backing I can find and cut and stitch. I will keep all posted on this.

------------------

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tom, awesome job! I like it, no pockets, no mirror, just a nice, clean modern look.

100% better than my old ones. LOL...I often wonder how stains that look like soda or coffee get up on visors...
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a set of visors that I have completed going on there way tuesday.

What you guys think?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 06-08-2008).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a set that are going out. These are straight black.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any success with a vinyl set? I'll be doing my headliner soon and would love vinyl visors to match.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying something now to see if it will work. I need to let it sit overnight.

------------------

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool

I may want a custom sunshade as well, how much extra material should I get?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Here are the Vinyl Visors. This is the prototype. I did them two ways and found this to be the best. I did them with foam and without foam. without foam works better With Foam it is to thick.

Do to materials these will run 70.00 a pair with your cores.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look great Tom. Now if I can only get the car back on the ground Call me so we can hook up.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work you do there. Suprisingly in Australia the visors is one thing I have to change for Australian compliance. Seems the solid centre can cause nasty injuries if it is at just the right angle in an accident. Slices the old scone open. All our visors are made with collapsible centres.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Pm sent.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's Replied to... Photos to come soon. there is a cool set on the horizon.

------------------

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Here is a set of visors that I have completed going on there way tuesday.

What you guys think?

Outstanding! Are the logos on both sides of the visor?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ON this set they only wanted the logos on one side. but I can do them on booth for sure. Each Logo it 9,800 stitches if I remember correctly.
Thank you for the kind words as well. I will sometimes go through a few sets before I ship oue out. I always tell myself if I will not put it in my car they I would not think that you would want it in yours.

Tom

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a set that I am working on right now. They are made from Vinyl provided by the owner. I will let them claim them. Me Likey

------------------

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here it is with its Twin...now on to the next project.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 06-26-2008).]

FieroJam

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sir have a PM
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid question. I would be interested in a set of gray ones with the red Fiero logo, but what if my stock cores are broken (I.E., the little flap on the sides is torn off and flapping around inside the cloth...no pun intended)?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what would a grey fabric set with something embroidered cost? With a core?

Thanks
Ryan
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a grey fabric set will run 55.00 shipped to the US. to put the logo on them is 10.00 per visor. If you want something else then its 10.00 for lettering on booth.

PM sent

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two custom sets almostset to go. I have lost my camera so I hope I find it soon to get photos out.

------------------

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those last two look familiar - maybe already installed in Xanth's? Nice work. Collecting core's and getting ready to ship.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds Good. What kind are you looking for?

They were for his car as well. I really wish I xould find my camera to show you what I am doing now.

------------------

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My black vinyl visors came in the mail yesterday. They are Niiiice! I'll post some photos as soon as I can.

Last summer I had installed a black vinyl headliner. The old cloth visors really didn't work that well with the new look. These new ones tie it all together. I told Tom this in a pm, it makes me feel like I have a new toy again.

I ordered silver logos on black vinyl and love them. The only thing that I would have done different would have been logos on both sides of the visor. What's another $20? I am not sure if that is available though.
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any options for people who don't have cores? Do you have extras? My car does not have any sun visors in it right now, and I need to have some made. I guess worst case scenario I could always run to the junkyard, but I figured I'd ask before I drove an hour and a half.

BTW, do you have beechwood as a color option?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock