Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Build thread: Project RoBoChOp........ (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Build thread: Project RoBoChOp........ by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 04-24-2011 09:36 AM
Replies: 212 (14581 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 03-24-2018 02:19 PM
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say kill THAT wing and go with another style.

If it were mine I would do a nice glassed in lip spoiler. Best of both worlds. Nice shaved look with a sexy twist.

In any case it'll look good. You'd have to try really hard to make that car ugly.

Keep it up Rob! Can't wait to see the progress!!!
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OOOO look what I picked up for ol Robochop today! Intrax lowering springs! all nice and shiny fresh powder coating! I will be starting to put them in soon! I need to get off my butt and work the dells show is sooner than later!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 02-04-2012).]

NeoMike

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoMikeSend a Private Message to NeoMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very helpful posting! Thanks for the reply to my PM.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey no prob, I will be taking parts of robochop apart very soon and if you need more pics I could possibly shoot more. I will be starting the front end mods hopefully within the next few weeks, JImmyz's front end will look nice I think!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started workin on the car again today since it was so nice out, I just had to throw the new wheels on what a difference it makes in looks.

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Rob, now you need to get those springs on it to close up those wheel gaps.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes chris, the plans are underway to get the drop coils in within the next few weeks, I just might have time to paint it for the dells show but right now it looks like it will be going in all its different shades of white this year
firejo24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firejo24Send a Private Message to firejo24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve seen a couple of chopped Fiero’s before but you nailed this one. However, are you going to lower it as well? It looks a little tall (just my opinion).
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firejo24:

I’ve seen a couple of chopped Fiero’s before but you nailed this one. However, are you going to lower it as well? It looks a little tall (just my opinion).

Yup you must have not seen the post right above yours, I have Intrax lowering springs going in it within a few weeks, I am just waiting on the new ball joints to get here.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally, getting some work done again on ol robochop. Here we are redoing all of the suspension with poly and intrax lowering springs that were re powder coated black.

Cut down the bump stop a bit and re welded it for more room. I will then be making bigger bumpers to fine tune it.

We had one hell of a time with the lower A Arm bolts in the front, * hours later we had 2 bolts out!!!!

Finally found the shaking in the car, the steering rack shell was busted in half behind the mount so I could not see it. Scary!!!!!! I drove it to the dells and back like this!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-20-2012).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I picked up the car from the alignment shop today and well the lowering is done!!! no more pickin on me about it being way up in the air!!!

PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOKS GREAT ROB! I'll be back on my mine as soon as I finish my bathroom {DAMN HONEYDOO LIST}. Give me a call, I'll try calling you tomorrow
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is what i am talking about !!

Looks awesome !

How about a full side shot ?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I can do that, may be a bit dark tho its getting late! Hey Chris, no worries I have been hiding in the house the last few days instead of working on the Fiero and Vette, I hope to get back to work soon as this heat wave breaks!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Here ya go, a few pics from the side, Took a few of the wheel to fender as well

Here is a pic of whats holding up the progress on the Fiero. soon as it cools down I will be back on finishing up the engine then throwing the windshield in and starting body work.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done anything new or interesting with that front fascia and headlights?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup its coming along very slow, the heat has been unbearable here and the average is 110 out in my shop so I have been working on it as I can. I have the hood cut and the bumper bonded to the headlight buckets but now I need to bond in the headlight holes to fill in the area that is missing. I have posted a bunch of pics of the progress in the nose build thread. I think tonight if it cools down I may head out and try and do a little more but we just finally after 4 weeks of no rain just got a nice 4 hour storm so who knows I may just hide out in the house yet!

The build thread for the nose is:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088834.html

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-04-2012).]

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is the 3800SC going in?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soon as I can buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Here ya go, a few pics from the side, Took a few of the wheel to fender as well

Very nice!! Looks great
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really need to get back to work on the ol chop, right now I cant do anything with it till after I change the trani in parents truck. The prob is I do not want to leave it out in the cold while working on the parents truck at my place so I will need to take it to our storage building for a bit and if it snows it will be stranded there till spring.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Not sure what the temps are there but starting to warm up here.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have been getting hammered with snow, and lots more to come in the next week. this time last year it was in the 70's. Winter will just not let go but when it does its time to cut up the front end and finally finish the new nose modifications but not before I hit a few cars shows first and get the corvette out of the garage and running. I will have it done by mid summer I think I just need to pencil in some me time and hammer it out. I am currently working on starting my own shop and others cars are being pushed ahead of my own so I can generate enough cash to finally quit my day job and lease a large building to go full throttle building cars.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

We have been getting hammered with snow, and lots more to come in the next week. this time last year it was in the 70's. Winter will just not let go but when it does its time to cut up the front end and finally finish the new nose modifications but not before I hit a few cars shows first and get the corvette out of the garage and running. I will have it done by mid summer I think I just need to pencil in some me time and hammer it out. I am currently working on starting my own shop and others cars are being pushed ahead of my own so I can generate enough cash to finally quit my day job and lease a large building to go full throttle building cars.

Good luck on the new shop and the car looks LOOOOOWWWW. Nice work.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Good luck on the new shop and the car looks LOOOOOWWWW. Nice work.

Hey thanks! send some of that nice weather up here!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to work on the ol chop finally!!!!!!! Todays fun was removing the engine!!

images.fieroforum.com/2012/CIMG7045.JPG">
The old engine, it will be going into another club members car and replaced with a nice fresh 2.8 for now. I could not pass it up a nice rebuilt powder coated engine for 200 bucks!

And finally the new engine!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO this morning I went up to Steves to help finish up installing the new motor!

Steve workin hard!!
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more pics? motor install done yet? Would love to see a you tube of this on the road or pics in some public place. This thread is my inspiration.

BTW I also sent you a PM
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hcforde:

Any more pics? motor install done yet? Would love to see a you tube of this on the road or pics in some public place. This thread is my inspiration.

BTW I also sent you a PM

The engine is back in and running, I have not really driven it since bringing it home due to being super busy with the rottiin resurection build. I will take some pics of it soon .It is really dirty now lol! I had to kick it out of its house for a few weeks till the 82 corvette project I have going on is done.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bring this one back from the dead bump!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh it's not dead!! Just sleeping till Johns chop is finished! I will get back on it hopefully before winter again!!
166buick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 166buickSend a Private Message to 166buickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey thanks chop looks good ill use a lot from your post
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got something for you coming your way. Sorry for the delay but it's in the mail Friday.

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings
Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, , 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 05-21-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The next phase is about to start eta 34 days Finally some go for the show.......
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooops wrong thread!!!!!!!! but........My car got published in Shot Caller magazine! With none other than Miss
Wisconsin posing with it!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-05-2016).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of changes coming soon!!! 3800sc next on tap~
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my favorites!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

One of my favorites!

Right now it is siting up at Steves house for the winter s he works on my swap. I just got set of Speed daddy headers for it as well and a spintech I think he said it was muffler so hopefully it sounds good!
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
beautiful car.. makes me jealous I have to wait for mine to be worked on. I say that as I look down on the DUKE blue cast on my arm, lol.

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay