Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Fiero came back from paint!! PICS!! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Fiero came back from paint!! PICS!! by DeLorean00
Started on: 08-29-2008 09:31 PM
Replies: 320 (26479 views)
Last post by: rlndhill on 03-12-2021 04:31 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you considering spacing your front wheels out a bit to line up with the front fender? They look a tad tucked in.

Really beautiful car regardless. I'd say its pretty convincing!

IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Are you considering spacing your front wheels out a bit to line up with the front fender? They look a tad tucked in.

Really beautiful car regardless. I'd say its pretty convincing!

Thanks!

No and for two reasons. First is the spacing is almost exactly the same as the OEM car, I measured. And second I would have to put a larger spacer and that would make the wheels sweep when I turn.

Here the photo of the OEM car, I tried as hard as I could to copy the factory spacing.

My Car.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 03-07-2011).]

thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
honestly in a way yours looks better! But you are missing mirrors! Love the way it looks, I need to see it again!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thedrue:

honestly in a way yours looks better! But you are missing mirrors! Love the way it looks, I need to see it again!

Thanks!!

I have the mirror in the garage. One of the final things we will install.

And you are welcome to stop by whenever!
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Thanks!

No and for two reasons. First is the spacing is almost exactly the same as the OEM car, I measured. And second I would have to put a larger spacer and that would make the wheels sweep when I turn.

Here the photo of the OEM car, I tried as hard as I could to copy the factory spacing.

My Car.

To me your car looks better than the original! I love the skight forward rake.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good call, I didn't realize the spacing on the Ferrari was like that. Great work
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks War Hammer and doublec4!!

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...someday... someday.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this car still sold?...or did you decide to keep her?
sporlan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it the one on ebay???
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sporlan:

Is it the one on ebay???

I'm almost positive it isn't the one from your ebay thread. This one has the gorgeous Amida interior in it. That one on ebay didn't look half as nice inside. Though not a bad job overall on it, just not quite up to DeLorean00's quality. This is all my opinion though...
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sporlan:

Is it the one on ebay???

LOL... not even close
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to DeLorean00
rlndhill

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Is this car still sold?...or did you decide to keep her?

Amida,

Car is still sold!!! Just making sure everything is done top notch. Car should be completed and shipped in the near future. How have you been doing??
rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked at car this past week and it is coming along. The car is about 90% completed.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we can all agree that this thread needs more pictures!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see that this project is still moving.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow. Its been a long time. Yes I will need to update this thread with more photos. Sorry for being away.

------------------

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Here is an updated photo.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a lot of new parts, tons of cleaning, and lots of trial and error, we got the cowl panel back installed and everything working. Still a lot of clean up of the under hood, but its getting close.

I had a really long day at work, and then came home and instead of going to parties with my friends or handing out candy, we spent the night installing the interior on the Ferrari. Things are getting really close now.

We have spent all day working on this car. We started by building a rear window molding. It came out great, and this trim has the red 3M tape on it, so its not going anywhere.

Here is the finished window trim. I really like the result!

The corners.

We have the whole car torn apart, putting the finishing touches on everything.

Also not the window tint was replaced, the first time applied it had some bubbles. So we had it redone.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005
We added the Ferrari VIN decals, that is the Fiero VIN number so its correct.

And we spent forever, trimming, cleaning, and attaching the door seal plates. We finished them off with stainless steel Ferrari plates.

Here are some photos of road testing the car. These aren't finished photos. But its shows some of the progress.

Interior.
(Obviously its still dirty and needs lots of clean up.)

Before and After. Only took me 9 years.

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be my FINAL update as the car shipped out today. We were literally working on the car right up to the second when we turned the keys over to the transport truck. This was 9 year of hard work, but I am really proud of the result. Please let me know what you guys think of the finished product.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005
As you can see by this point the transport truck arrived.

Watching my Baby drive away.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Strapped in and waiting to go on its cross country trip to its new home. Good bye ol' friend. You have been a big part of my life for 9 years. I am unsure what to do with my weekends now.

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This os the only kit car that I fell in love with a true reproduction and a job well done and it must be heartbreaking to see it go .......... not mine but im going to miss you.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

This os the only kit car that I fell in love with a true reproduction and a job well done and it must be heartbreaking to see it go .......... not mine but im going to miss you.

Thank you. And it is heart breaking to see it go. I worked really hard to produce the most accurate reproduction Ferrari F355 that has ever been completed. Luckily I found a buyer that shared my vision and was able to help finance the last few upgrades to make it over the top.

------------------

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Thank you. And it is heart breaking to see it go. I worked really hard to produce the most accurate reproduction Ferrari F355 that has ever been completed. Luckily I found a buyer that shared my vision and was able to help finance the last few upgrades to make it over the top.

Chris I see you changed the wheels from the ones you originally hade on the car, do you still have the old wheels or did you trade them in? I have been looking for wheels like you had on the car originally. Let me know if they are still around and if they are available. Nice job on the finished car, really looks good.
Bob, from Napa
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My gosh that car is beautiful !!

Unless it is personal, do you mind me asking why you sold the car ?? ** edit ** - never mind i saw, because of your beautiful home. i can understand that.

What is next ??

P.S. my new screen saver for this week !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-15-2013).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, the new owner bought the HRE wheels we have installed and asked the old wheels be returned to him. The old wheels were HP model 24 I believe. So I no longer have them.

Exoticse, thanks for the nice comments about my car! A lot of things have changed since I started building the car, I needed the money to buy the home that you see in the photos, and I also ended up marrying my dream girl last week. So I guess I just grew up, and needed the money for adult stuff. When I started building this car I was 24 years old, now I am 32. I had a lot of fun building the car, but I also was at the point where I wanted to do something new. As for a new project, I still have a couple of Fieros and a 1992 MR2 I am playing with, along with my daily driver E46 M3.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 11-17-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What state did the car go to ?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Virginia.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 11-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exoticse,

I'm the owner of the car and you know of me?? I'm the guy that had the red spider at Dean's shop in 2010.
rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rlndhill

77 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Transport company delivered the car yesterday. Will be providing updates soon. First thing that will be done is installing side view mirrors; adding grill mesh to the rocker panels, rear deck lid opening and lower area of the rear bumper; getting a four wheel alignment; installing headliner; installing seat belts: and lubing chassis. After those are completed, I will be installing a stainless steel custom exhaust and addressing any/all minor bugs.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rlndhill:

Exoticse,

I'm the owner of the car and you know of me?? I'm the guy that had the red spider at Dean's shop in 2010.

Cool ! Congrats on the new ride, totally jawdropping !!

Check your pm.
rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool ! Congrats on the new ride, totally jawdropping !!

Check your pm.

Exoticse,

Check your PM...
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to Mr rlndhill, the new owner of my pride and joy. I have never worked so hard on anything in my entire life. This car was the result of team work of some of the best people in the industry and some of my best friends. Sactodreamer, Brastic, rlndhill, Dave Held, Air Dynamics, The Fiero Store, Amida, Riceburner, Rodney Dickman, Mr Mike, DIY Stu, and the list goes on and on and on. They say it takes a community to raise a child, well it takes a whole nation to build a kit car. lol
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rlndhill:

Transport company delivered the car yesterday. Will be providing updates soon. First thing that will be done is installing side view mirrors; adding grill mesh to the rocker panels, rear deck lid opening and lower area of the rear bumper; getting a four wheel alignment; installing headliner; installing seat belts: and lubing chassis. After those are completed, I will be installing a stainless steel custom exhaust and addressing any/all minor bugs.

Time to join us - The Central Virginia FIERO club at http://mayor2020.wix.com/fierosforever# and I hope to see you on a warm Sunday Morning at the Fairlakes C&C.

Steve 308

rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Time to join us - The Central Virginia FIERO club at http://mayor2020.wix.com/fierosforever# and I hope to see you on a warm Sunday Morning at the Fairlakes C&C.

Steve 308

Steve,

I'll be joining and you will see me there! I met you several years ago at the Burger King in Manassas and it was a pleasure chatting with you.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stunning work!!!

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates on how car is coming along can be seen at the below link:

https://www.madmechanics.co...ild-diary#post477955

[This message has been edited by rlndhill (edited 03-12-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave