Don Kraus's 427 LSX Update by Don Kraus
Started on: 06-08-2008 12:13 PM
Replies: 277 (39964 views)
Last post by: davylong86 on 02-11-2016 03:08 PM
Ditkaphile

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't had this stupid look on my face since I read the whole Skitime thread. And this car is a whole different animal. Absolutely incredible...BRAVO!!!!
IP: Logged
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sweat!

Uh, i hate to ask but... why are you sweating???
I mean, its an sexy car.. but come on...

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/me moans loudly yes yes more
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent job and those rims are very close to the ones DGP was using back in 1984, Here they are on there Trans am and to the left is my car, plus on the right is the Car Craft car. Can you guess which car is under the tent on the right????? Rick B

87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pictures please!
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Dole car. Rick B

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

I didn't read this whole thread, sorry. But, I'm wondering what sanctioning body the roll bar is legal with? Is it a custom one off or kit? Diameter, thickness, and type of tubing?

If this subject is not appropriate to this thread please feel free to reply with the information via PM.

Thanks,

Primaris

------------------
My Car Site
www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got a little more work done on it today,put on the spoiler,mirror,door handles,door panels.Also installed an electric shutoff and sail panel inserts.Here's how the back looks.

Mmm more pics!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
definitely more pictures!
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ausfiero,the roll bar is made out of 1 5/8's chrome moly and its legal except for the except for the bars going from the roll bar to the strut tower.They should go from the top roll bar and angle down to the strut tower,but I would have had to go through the rear window to do that and being a street car with plexiglass patched in the back window didn't work.I had them run that bar just under the window to the strut tower.This was a custom buildt roll bar by a couple of guys that build roll cages for drag racers.My track will let me run as long as I only do test and tune and don't compete in classes.
Supercharged vs,thanks for the pictures of the IMSA cars.Yours was one of the insperations for me to build mine,I love the look and the colors.

Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A really nice car, Don. I hope to see it at the Dells in 2009.
PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Don and yours is a inspiration to put the LSX in mine as long as I do very little damage to the original car and can put it back. John Callies and Bob Birchmeir both said to do it but I want them to sign off on it or it may harm the history. That little 92HP isn't any fun with that race look.
Your color combo and extra touches are perfect and you should be proud.

I was digging and found the Goodwrench car in my files from Bob shop and those rims are on it also. Rick

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don, have you gotten the LSX installed yet? any pic's?
this is one nice car. great job!
Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine is in and suspenson is on.I'll get some pictures taken and post today.Sent the rear rims back,they stuck out past the body by an inch so I'm going to 9 1/2 inch rims with a 6 inch offset and using 285-17 tires that are 9.9 inches wide.I'm sure I'll just blow them off on the street,but the 315's were onley 11.3 inches wide so it would blow them off too.I'll be using 10 inch slicks on the strip.

Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don Kraus

662 posts
Member since Oct 2002
Here are a few more pictures of the car and the progress I'm making. Enjoy!

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

[This message has been edited by Don Kraus (edited 11-06-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I need a towel. I just drooled all over my self.
nice job.
I thought I was doing good with an LS6 I guess I will have to punch it out and go Turbo.
back to the drawing board !
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it needs a closed mouth chin spoiler so the bottom of the front bumper lines up with the bottom of the side rockers..
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ausfiero,the roll bar is made out of 1 5/8's chrome moly and its legal except for the except for the bars going from the roll bar to the strut tower.They should go from the top roll bar and angle down to the strut tower,but I would have had to go through the rear window to do that and being a street car with plexiglass patched in the back window didn't work.I had them run that bar just under the window to the strut tower.This was a custom buildt roll bar by a couple of guys that build roll cages for drag racers.My track will let me run as long as I only do test and tune and don't compete in classes.
Supercharged vs,thanks for the pictures of the IMSA cars.Yours was one of the insperations for me to build mine,I love the look and the colors.

Don

Well thanks for telling me that but Primarus asked that question. I just want more pics
Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doublec4,sorry no chin spoiler,its as close to the ground as I want it.If it pulls the front end off the ground like my Aldino I need some room up there or I'll have chin spoiler and front end all over the track when it comes down.Thats why I don't have one.

Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

wisn

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wisnSend a Private Message to wisnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Don, Just wanted to let everyone know the car looks even better in person then the pictures! Im glad I stopped in instead of having you ship the door skin. Now I am all fired up to get back into my build. Keep up the great work and let me know when its running, I will have to stop over to hear it.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES! UPDATES! UPDATES!

Hey Don, how about an...ummm...errr...UPDATE WITH PICS!!!
PFF
System Bot
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second that
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I think it needs a closed mouth chin spoiler so the bottom of the front bumper lines up with the bottom of the side rockers..

That was my first thought,...but what Don says about the track makes sense,...smart move.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just read through this whole thread. Great looking car, definitely looking forward to seeing/hearing it perform
Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW.. Most excellent car you have coming together there Don..
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

UPDATES! UPDATES! UPDATES!

Hey Don, how about an...ummm...errr...UPDATE WITH PICS!!!

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need UPDATES and PICS!

Come on Don your killing us.....

------------------
Paul

For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit too quiet here.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A bit too quiet here.

Yup, I'm still waiting to see this insane monster breathe life.
Jeffsfun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffsfunSend a Private Message to JeffsfunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just read this, very nice! Get her running, post some video pleeeease!
Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and I thought I took forever to complete a project...
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dizzixx:

and I thought I took forever to complete a project...

Obviously you haven't read my build thread
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait to see the Beast in its new shoes. Rick B
Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new updates on the beast Don?

Too Far is in Minnesota now.. I have had her home for a few weeks, but its been so stinking cold out I have not been able to look much of it over yet..

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A bit too quiet here.

Time to wake her up from hibernation Don..

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a tremendous amount of horsepower to put in a Fiero. Cradle reinforcement would probably be advantageous. If you are shooting for the 10 second bracket, NHRA requires a trans shield, a roll bar (similar to yours), a easty accessible rear cutoff switch, and you need to wear special race apparel etc etc. Good luck. Thats going to be one fast ride.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Obviously you haven't read my build thread

git er done ... want to see a Ferrari like rev band in a Fiero for a change
Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's about time you heard from me,I admit I've been doing a little traveling the last two months and haven't worked on the car much.But during that time I had the exhaust ceramic coated and finally got the right offset on my rear wheels.The wilwood brakes are filled with fluid and bled,antifreeze is in as is trans fluid,so the car has taken liquids.I just have to finish the wiring,and as you can see its a bigger job than I thought mating a stand alone system with the body wire harness and the transmisson computer.I'm in the process of getting rid of all the wires I don't need and that means taking the dash out that I hadn't planed on.
So here you have pictures of the wiring in the car,rear exhaust with mufflers,Wilwood brakes and my dash gauges.
I'm hoping to have it running in the next couple of weeks.

Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that exhaust is elegant
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys,just got my car back from paint,here's a little tidbit.Want more???
Don

Are these tires directional? They appear to be going the wrong direction.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock