"VERT" build thread by YELLOWFIERO88
Started on: 07-14-2005 10:39 PM
Replies: 209 (22682 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 02-19-2021 10:41 AM
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have to get back with you on it. Got to make sure it all works as planed first
IP: Logged
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Got the underside painted tonight. I seam sealed all the reinforcements, undercoated it, and then topped it with black enamal paint. After it dryed I installed trans lines, coolant lines, another thing-ah-ba-bob

Oh I love it when she goes down just right

LOL Here is a shot of the underside. I got to get the bolts painted for the front suspension tomorrow so I can get it in there tight. Hopefully get the gas tank installed tomorrow night also.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great.
I did the same thing to my index finger and had to wear a splint for something like 6 weeks. They hyper extended it and let the tendon grow back. I can tell what finger it is but just looking at it most people dont know anything is wrong with it. Good luck hope it goes well for you.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful work!!!

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

Super Bowl XL CHAMPS!!!

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the fuel tank put in tonight and finished bolting the front suspension in

88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice !
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the complements guys Sometimes I wonder if anyone is looking

I think tomorrow I am going to finish up a few things left undone and start preping the engine bay for paint. I am not sure what color to do it. I like black but what do you guys think about doing it body color??? Would it be too much with the engine and trans done that color??? Black is very easy to do verses body color.

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 02-25-2006).]

magot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good job
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are here, and we are watching you ! lol Nice work so far! It should be a pretty decent project that you have unleashed .

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, what rack is that? That's not the stock rack, is it?
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

Got the fuel tank put in tonight and finished bolting the front suspension in

Holy crap! That is the baddest Fiero Underside I have ever seen. I don't think I would ever do that, it would drive me crazy with all of the dirt and rock roads I drive on. Keep up the good work man! Can't wait to see this thing done.

--Will

PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:
Hey, what rack is that? That's not the stock rack, is it?

Its a stock rack, no augmentation here

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Holy crap! That is the baddest Fiero Underside I have ever seen. I don't think I would ever do that, it would drive me crazy with all of the dirt and rock roads I drive on. Keep up the good work man! Can't wait to see this thing done.

--Will

Thanks. I am taking a break on it for a few weeks so I can finish my master bedroom. I am in the process of gutting my house and redoing everything. I will prob try and get the engine compartment painted over the next few weeks (need a break from this house )

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's a stock rack, won't it not work? As in when you turn the wheel to the left, the car will steer right? How do you plan on correcting this?
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:
If it's a stock rack, won't it not work? As in when you turn the wheel to the left, the car will steer right? How do you plan on correcting this?

We here at "dont know what the **** we are doing motorsports" pause for a brief moment of silence (while I figure how the **** I am going to do this reverse steering thing)
Sometimes I have these brain farts real bad
A simple 1:1 gearbox mounted to the column shaft that will reverse the rotation, or mount a Toyota caviler rack in there. They have real close to fiero dimensions....... I hate when I do this **** . But all in all it will be corrected very easly. I even hooked the shaft up and could swear the thing turned the proper way.

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That should be sufficient, Yellow. I just wanted to make sure you didn't put the entire car back together to find out you had to turn the wheel opposite of where you really wanted to go. Let me know what you find out, because I'm interested in doing the same thing eventually. Got any more pics of how you mounted the entire column on the right side?
drummer5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drummer5Send a Private Message to drummer5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
psssh, that wouldn't be a very big problem, just pretend like you're driving a boat!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowfiero88,

I still have that fiero in Middletown,....i might come for your help in another year or so ?
(gotta finish my other choptop first)

roadsters and targas are mad sexy !!

* thanks to custom2m4 for the photoshop and Morkidan for the use of his car *

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-16-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Yellowfiero88,

i might come for your help in another year or so ?
roadsters and targas are mad sexy !!

Bring it on over You still coming up next month? I have been craving some montgomery inn and I figure it would be a perfect time to get the crave quenched

* thanks to custom2m4 for the photoshop and Morkidan for the use of his car *

First thing I thought was thats Morkidan's car. I think I got the pic saved in my pic collection

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My homecoming next month is out, ran into some schedule complications. I plan to get home sometime this summer however.

Will catch you then.

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump because I am working 7 days a week and dont have much time to work on it.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out Aus' rhd build. The company he used was American Machines in South Australia. Good luck finding a local place.
PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump till I get back onto it.

I finnaly got all the motor mounts from west coast fiero. It only took 2 months to get them You would think that a fiero vendor would stock standard poly mounts for a stock engine/trans combo

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful! Any new pics?
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not touched it for a while now. Way 2 much going on in my life. But here is some teaser pics from about 2 months ago

A tip of a GT wing will providt the look I want

laying out.

Trunk lid taking a little shape.

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its coming along man, the pic of it laying out is badA$$. Did you get your tank mounted and all your lines ran yet?
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol that was taken a while ago. I still dont have the lines run or the tank mounted. I will start working on it prob the begining of July again. You know, I tend to knock sh*t out when I get going on it.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice color choice, I'd match the engine bay to body color, with the chrome/smoke powdercoat engine parts on top I think it would look great to have the bay match the block and heads.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a man with great taste You have read my mind, pretty short story tho. LOL

Yes I am painting the engine bay the same as body color. I was worried at first about it being too much but after looking at it I have to say it will go nice with the chrome colored top.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tend to knock sh*t out when I get going on it.

Like your lip on a trailer Sorry man but that was funnier then hell lol.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellow you will own the streets of Butler County and Southwest Ohio, when that thing is finished.

That will be the baddest car there !
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:
Like your lip on a trailer Sorry man but that was funnier then hell lol.

not funny My lip was black and purple for a few days

Yellow you will own the streets of Butler County and Southwest Ohio, when that thing is finished.
That will be the baddest car there !

Tony, you will have to come test drive it when I am done. You cant make a statement like that untill you are completely educated about the car. You can only do that with left sea.......uh...I mean right seat drive time
PFF
System Bot
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work Yellow... With your skills, you definitley need to have your own shop. Best, kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I do some work out of the garage in my spare time.

Bump to keep it going. I wont be working on it till later this fall due to a major change in my life
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2006 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We here at "dont know what the **** we are doing motorsports" pause for a brief moment of silence (while I figure how the **** I am going to do this reverse steering thing)

A simple 1:1 gearbox mounted to the column shaft that will reverse the rotation, or mount a Toyota caviler rack in there. They have real close to fiero dimensions....... I hate when I do this **** . But all in all it will be corrected very easly. I even hooked the shaft up and could swear the thing turned the proper way.

You don't need a gearbox to reverse the rotation. All you did was take the stock rack/pinion and flip it, right? If so, the pinion should be on the bottom. Unless you also flipped the steering colum all the way up, so that it's effectively upside down at the steering wheel, it should work fine. With the pinion below the rack instead of above it, you're using the top of the pinion gear to steer, rather than the bottom. So it should turn the right direction. Even if the pinion was relocated to be on the top still, it would still work. The rack is still just a bunch of fins that either go left or right, and the pinion is just a gear that moves them.

-- Rodney
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can't you just drive the car with the opposite steering? hehehe, just turn right when you want to go left, and vice versa. You could freak out quite a few people...
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2006 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Why can't you just drive the car with the opposite steering? hehehe, just turn right when you want to go left, and vice versa. You could freak out quite a few people...

You could... but it would actually take more work to make it turn in the opposite direction, I think.

-- Rodney
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YELLOWFIERO88

Wanted to say I passed you this morning on I75S as you were merging onto the hwy at the Cin-Day ramp. Sweet looking car. I figured it had to belong to an enthusiast on the board. You caught up and went by me on 75 as I was on the E275 connector ramp.

I was going to PM you rather than air it here but can't get it to work.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep it was me. I was not speeding was I ? This thread needed a bump anyway. Thanks. It was the first time I have driven that car in a while. I will be driving the red one to work thursday but it will be a little earlier in the a.m. . Still no progress on the Vert unless you count moving it to the shed (better known as the detached garage) and using it as a workbench!!

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 08-22-2006).]

Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The yellow one is done very tastefully, especially the taillights. I was stealth in my Saab, so you never noticed me.

I usually take 741 every morning. Taking 75 was an experiment and probably won't be going that route much as it took me just as long as the country roads. I've got a buddy (former forum member) in Liberty TWP though, so I'm in the area fairly often.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 08-22-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock