"VERT" build thread by YELLOWFIERO88
Started on: 07-14-2005 10:39 PM
Replies: 209 (22707 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 02-19-2021 10:41 AM
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just so I can own pg 3
IP: Logged
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am getting closer to being done on the house, so I will be messing around on the VERT here next weekend In my late night adventures on the computer, I found a neat pic of a JL Audio fiero. It really cought my eye so I changed it around a little bit

Man I need to get remotivated on this car.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 01-10-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Well I got a little motovation tonight before I leave to go to columbus. I got the last bolt out of the subframe and dropped it out. I have got to clean the garage up tomorrow it is a mess. I am also going to order the balljoints and all the other good stuff to get the suspension together tomorrow.
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your pictures remind me of the Callaway Roadster Corvette. I always liked that car. Please keep us updated.

[This message has been edited by tampalinc (edited 01-10-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a while since I have seen one of those vettes. Yea they were great looking cars. I guess that means you like the look of the VERT ?
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I picked up a few parts tonight I ordered a bunch of parts from the fiero store and also bought some rotors off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8028499068 Got the curved vein ones. Not looking for a huge rotor since I am only running a stock 2.8 . Just want the look. If I swap in a 3800s/c at a later date I will upgrade the rotor size .
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Anymore pics?
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. Anymore pics?

Thanks. I am going to be working on the suspension this week getting it all assembled. I will be taking a bunch of pics of it and will be updating it. The front has to be at the world of wheels show on thursday so hopefully all my ball joints will be here on monday.

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

if you want a 3800sc......take a drive NOW http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/38 00-3-8-V6-Supercharged-Engine-with-Auto-Transmission_W0QQitemZ8029565019QQcategoryZ33615QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If money wasn't tight now I would be driving there tomorrow to pick it up. $500 B.I.N., WOW thats a great price.

shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'd be all over that if i was closer. i want one of those so badly.....i really hope at least someone here gets that motor.
PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$500 B.I.N. option closed now.....will be interesting to see if it goes for higher now.

mike

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it out to the garage today and did some cleaning. I pressurewashed the entire undarside, wheel wells, engine bay, new engine, new trans, and the garage floor where about a gallon of atf drained out of the cooler lines .
Here is the before

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
and the afters

They cleaned up great. Tomorrow I am going to etch prime and paint the engine, trans, and the rack setup body color. Also going to try to get the underside and engine bay painted black.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Started the morning off by scrubbing all the nooks and crannys of the engine and trans. I then took a wire brush on the grinder and cleaned and removed all the rust off the engine and trans. Followed that by applying a primer.

Then I based it in and topped it off with some clear.

The actual color is alot deeper. It turned out real light colored because I had 1000 watts of light on them when I snapped the pic I am very happy with the way it turned out. I think this color will be the perfect color for the car. I wanted to get the underside of the car painted today but tomorrow is another day. Also the heads each had a broken header bolt in them so they will go to the m.s. tomorrow to get them out. I will get them and the rack painted by tuesday night
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, keep up with all the pictures. This is going to be awesome.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Head anyone?

Also got a box of goodies from the fiero store I will post a couple more pics of the suspension tonight if i get anything done on it.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What color is that? Looks great!
Wish I had a real garage
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Joe. Its sunburst orange met. It is a 2005 GM color (grand pirx, am, sunfire, cavy's, ect)
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I messed around in the garage again tonight. (imagine that) I got the Easy Street air struts assembled.

Got the bushings installed in the engine cradle, upper and lower front a-arms. Mounted the rack. I still need to press in the lower ball joints then I can finish the front setup
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You win Beautiful paint. You may have convinced me to go with the easy street setup. Can you snap a pic of how the top of the strut seals and supports the car?
PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on getting the ball joints installed from rodney today. I kinda scratched up the powder a little bit when the control arm slipped out of the press Oh well it will be just fine, I touched it up with some spray paint and you cant even tell (perfect color match).

I also tryed welding alumumun for the first time ever today. The head mechanic came over and told me that was some of the best welds he has seen on alumumun (he dont know how to weld alumumun ) So I ground them smooth and it will go off to the machine shop to get a little something something done to it You guys should like what I am doing. I know I will
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004

Originally posted by Joe Torma:

Can you snap a pic of how the top of the strut seals and supports the car?

dont know if it helps or not.

There is 2 o-rings that seal it off. They are in machined groves in the top and bottom plates of the bag. The bottom is a large size and seals against the strut body. There is a bump stop that goes on the shaft and lives a dark life inside the bag. The top is a small size and it seals against the strut shaft. From there there is a plastic spacer (white) then a metal washer with a rubber groumet, upper strut mount, and another rubber groumet with a metal washer. A nut holds the shaft in place just like a normal strut. The top of the bag is sandwiched in place with a machined lip and the top nut. the bottom is bolted to the body of the strut.

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Well the front is almost done.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked a lil bit on it tonight. Not a lot, just a lil bit

Sand blasted more bolts, nuts, and washers than I ever want to think about today. Painted them before I came in for the night. Waiting on the castle nuts to dry, rotors to get here, and I have to paint the calipers and shocks to completley finish the front end.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question, does the top of the strut pivot at all?

Looks great!

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 01-20-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea it pivots a little bit. More than what would be required for the entire suspension travel. It is equilivant to what a factory strut would piviot.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
I am pondering the ideal of offering a bolt in setup for sale. However it will not be till the middle of summer.

The front, I would have to figure a price. It would be a complete front just like what is sitting on the sawhorses in the thread. Choice of powder color, of just black paint. Poly upgrade bushings, or original. New balljoints or original ones. How I would do it is use a setup here in stock send it to the customer, when they get theirs out they would send it back to me for the next guy. Basically a one off custom built front setup per the customers wishes. This would offer a ready to go guarnteed to work setup for the driveway mechanic. Instalation is also available in shop

The rear would be a strut setup just like in the pics. Ready to bolt in. Instalation is also available here in the shop

If there is any interest in this ideal let me know

UDLOSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UDLOSESend a Private Message to UDLOSEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

I am pondering the ideal of offering a bolt in setup for sale. However it will not be till the middle of summer.

The front, I would have to figure a price. It would be a complete front just like what is sitting on the sawhorses in the thread. Choice of powder color, of just black paint. Poly upgrade bushings, or original. New balljoints or original ones. How I would do it is use a setup here in stock send it to the customer, when they get theirs out they would send it back to me for the next guy. Basically a one off custom built front setup per the customers wishes. This would offer a ready to go guarnteed to work setup for the driveway mechanic. Instalation is also available in shop

The rear would be a strut setup just like in the pics. Ready to bolt in. Instalation is also available here in the shop

If there is any interest in this ideal let me know

I think thats a cool idea. Most of us dont have the TIME to do all the detail work you're doing to your car. Even though we'd like to. By already having the set up already powder coated, bushings, etc. That saves us "JOES" that are always busy or away from the shop TIME.

But we still get the enjoyment of installing it into our Fieros.

So basically....yeah. Im interested.

------------------
400HP out of a N/A SBC? Now thats just crazy talk.

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have been super busy at work so I have not done much on the car. I took it down to Cavalcade and it was on display there. It got a ton of attention from everyone that visited the booth. The owner told me that he was not sure if he wanted to display my stuff next year because all he did was talk about the suspension all 3 days LOL. He already asked me to make him something to display for next year. Here is a couple pics of it all put together. Hopefully work will let up and I can get the underside painted this weekend. That way I can start bolting together the billion parts laying on the floor of the garage.

I also added my company logo on the shock for the added details

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 02-01-2006).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

I also tryed welding alumumun for the first time ever today. The head mechanic came over and told me that was some of the best welds he has seen on alumumun (he dont know how to weld alumumun ) So I ground them smooth and it will go off to the machine shop to get a little something something done to it You guys should like what I am doing. I know I will

Well I picked up the upper intake today. What do you think?

I had to fill in the machining with black to make it stand out for the camera.
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
neat, no go work on it some more :P

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up some more parts from the powdercoater tonight. All the accesories are done in "almost chrome" powder. I still have to get the intake, valve covers, timing cover, water pump, and the oil pan. They will be done friday. I might work on it this weekend and get all the parts that are done bolted together and installed
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I did not work on it last weekend too much due to the fact that I tore all the tendons in my middle left finger. I have been tinkering with it a little bit but am limited to what I can do right now. I go thursday to find out if I have to have surgery to fix my gimp finger or not.

Any way I have been tinkering with blasting and painting bolts and assembleing the engine and trans. Here is what I got so far
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trans is completley done

FormulaStroker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaStrokerSend a Private Message to FormulaStrokerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW Looking nice!!!!
Is that a burnt orange paint you are using or is it the light effect?
Either way keep up the good work!
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea it is a burnt orange. It flip-flops with all the different lighting effects. It looks completley different outside also

Worked on the engine a little bit today. Still got more to do.

Still have alot more to do on it but that can wait till next week .

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so what's the price on the air-bag setup?

------------------

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have not really thought that far ahead yet. What are you interested in? front, rear or both? Complete (lines,valves,tank,bla,bla,bla) or just the suspension parts?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
total setup front/rear ... "guess-timate"
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock