Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 717 (103848 views)
Last post by: litespd on 07-05-2023 12:54 PM
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GT looks great! Does it ride any different lowered?
IP: Logged
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I honestly can't feel any difference. It handled well before and handles well now. Are you coming down to Daytona for a little R&R?
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't posted any updates in awhile, so I figured it was time to see how the GT would fare against some extremely expensive rod's and customs. I entered it in the "Cars of Dreams" exotic car show in Palm Beach, fL this past weekend, and much to my surprise took a top award in pre-2000 American made performance cars. This type of show is almost impossible to win with a Fiero, but I must have done something right. Haha

http://www.cbs12.com/articl...321-beach-north.html

FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Haven't posted any updates in awhile, so I figured it was time to see how the GT would fare against some extremely expensive rod's and customs. I entered it in the "Cars of Dreams" exotic car show in Palm Beach, fL this past weekend, and much to my surprise took a top award in pre-2000 American made performance cars. This type of show is almost impossible to win with a Fiero, but I must have done something right. Haha

http://www.cbs12.com/articl...321-beach-north.html

I always liked that car I saw it in PA years ago it was cool seeing it a few weeks ago when I went to the Fiero meeting and it still looks perfect.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP TOP AUTO SOLID ROOF
1987 FIERO GT GOLD AUTO SOLID ROOF
1988 FIERO GT RED 5 Speed SOLID ROOF

2011 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT YELLOW
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2006 MERCEDES SLK

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

Thanks for the kind words. I REALLY enjoy seeing your black chop and think it's pretty darned close to perfection as well. Please consider bringing it over to Daytona. We could park side by side :> )

Robert
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ron,

Thanks for the kind words. I REALLY enjoy seeing your black chop and think it's pretty darned close to perfection as well. Please consider bringing it over to Daytona. We could park side by side :> )

Robert

I will be there 100% my wife is bringing the chop and I plan to bring one of my other Fieros. I was at the Calise Pa show over 10 years ago and saw your car never thought I would see it down here glad it found a good home. Its going to be a great show !

------------------

2006 MERCEDES SLK

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the win! Any pics of the GT in the show field?
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Congrats on the win! Any pics of the GT in the show field?

I have a bunch of photos from the Carlise show I need to try and find them I took a ton of your car, whats funny I clearly remember your car but dont have a clue what Fiero I had there .

------------------

2006 MERCEDES SLK

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Robert! That is some feat!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the weakest areas of my GT was the bulkhead carpet. It was stained, faded and fuzzed out. The other day I got so sick of looking at it, I called Mr. Mike and asked him if he had any suggestions. Little did I know that he supplied a simple sheet of vinyl/leather that matches the material in his seats. The cost was $13.00 + shipping, so I made the deal right then and there. Below is my handi-work and how it will look once in place.

First we start by gutting the interior and some general cleanup. I found a dime and a Fender thin guitar pick in the process.

First step was to layout the precision surgical instruments required to perform this job.

Next we begin trimming the nasty-ass black snot and hair pad to expose a glueable surface around the perimeter.

Now It's time to layout the new skin from Mr. Mike

Then I laid the prepped backer board face down on the new vinyl. The secret here was to leave the old carpet intact. It makes for a good cushion and masks irregularities showing through the thin vinyl.

A little secret sauce around the edges to adhere the vinyl.

After the corners were loosely tacked, I just had to put it in place to see how it's going to look.

Here is the finished product with all the wrinkles worked out.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 06-22-2012).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had totally forgot about one of my favorite mods to this GT, the sliding rear window in that second to last shot reminded me!

That looks much classier than the fuzzy carpet.
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it! Great mod.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even the best can get better !

Turbocharged3141

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Turbocharged3141Send a Private Message to Turbocharged3141Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just joined, as I'm hoping to pick up a Fiero for a build project, and this thread was the first I read.
This noobs' mind is melted. Read all 17 pages. So much information. So much win. Such a nice car.
Now I want to go out and buy a Fiero RIGHT NOW. Which is a problem, as it's 12:40 AM and I lack the funds anyway. Soon hopefully.
Ski, your build is an inspiration and just all around amazing.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2012 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbocharged3141:

I just joined, as I'm hoping to pick up a Fiero for a build project, and this thread was the first I read.
This noobs' mind is melted. Read all 17 pages. So much information. So much win. Such a nice car.
Now I want to go out and buy a Fiero RIGHT NOW. Which is a problem, as it's 12:40 AM and I lack the funds anyway. Soon hopefully.
Ski, your build is an inspiration and just all around amazing.

Thanks, it is great that it is still appreciated and that it is out there being driven and shown by Rpro

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of class (modified) at Daytona this year.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As close to fiero perfection as i have seen.

Simply beautiful.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got an idea today to dress up the under-hood area a little. If you've read this build thread you probably know that this car has a removable rear window and a pair of metal strips to hold it whilst in stow. They were painted black and peeling quite badly, so I decided to strip the paint off them and polish the bare aluminum to a high lustre. The results were so pleasing I believe I'll go one step further and have them nickel plated.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 04-18-2012).]

Haru1224

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haru1224Send a Private Message to Haru1224Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got an idea today to dress up the under-hood area a little. As many of you know, this car has a removable rear window and a pair of aluminum strips to hold it in stow.

I am Quite new to these wonderful machines so this may be a stupid question but do all of the real windows come out or just the fastback? I didn't even know they were removable.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haru,

None of the Fieros came with removable rear windows. This is a custom job that you can read about in this build thread.
Haru1224

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haru1224Send a Private Message to Haru1224Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haru,

None of the Fieros came with removable rear windows. This is a custom job that you can read about in this build thread.

Oh that makes more sense lol, its a great looking car either way.
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the Best of class (modified) at Daytona. That makes me proud. I always wondered how it would do at that show. I really like your touch on the glass supports. Keep up the great work!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is still looking incridable! I too believe that this was my first "build thread" that I really got into. Even before becoming a member. This Fiero is such an aspiration for so many of us. Thank you for the updates. I still follow.

rpro... Try a little Mothers Aluminum polish on the glass supports before nickle plating them. They will become mirrors with enough patience and muscle. I use a polisher to do all of my aluminum. I love the stuff. Keep up the great work.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-22-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When did you move to Florida???
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

When did you move to Florida???

Mid October of 2011

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a miricle product today that I used on my fastback taillight len's. Wow, talk about gleaming shine and elimination of haze and light scratches. I highly recommend this stuff. I've seen it in stores before but never purchased it... until today.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I found a miricle product today that I used on my fastback taillight len's. Wow, talk about gleaming shine and elimination of haze and light scratches. I highly recommend this stuff. I've seen it in stores before but never purchased it... until today.

How is it applied? By hand, or buy drill?

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By hand using a slightly dampened micro fiber cloth. Pressure must be applied to get appreciable results.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to russ88gt for some quality lower door panel inserts. They look fantastic and were a breeze to install.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 07-12-2012).]

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vote for the skimobile. To my knowledge this is the very first time this car has competed for the fiero store calendar. Below is the image they selected.

http://fierostore.com

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 08-19-2012).]

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know you got my vote! We've got to UFO up and running good now too and I'm asking them to vote you in as well. Good luck!

Jeff
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sloppy tilt mechanism got fixed today.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used this too. Works great. Even on (notchback) sail windows. I've had great results on glass as well. (may follow up with Mother's water spot remover to get the rest)

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took the GT up to Silver Springs for the All GM show sponsored by NPD and Flowmaster. There were 550 cars in competition from all over the country. It won 1st place in the 1980 to present GM class?

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 10-09-2012).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow it's nice to see your fiero take home the top prize. it sure was some car show, wish we had more time to talk.see you soon, jim

[This message has been edited by jim94 (edited 10-07-2012).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Took the GT up to Silver Springs for the All GM show sponsored by NPD and Flowmaster. There were 550 cars in competition from all over the country. It won 1st place in the 1980 to present GM class?

Awesome! Winning in open classes like that are always sweet. It shows the car is respected beyond the Fiero circles.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sloppy tilt mechanism got fixed today.

What exactly did you do to fix it??

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes...what did it take to fix the steering wobble? Also, what did you do to work out the wrinkles in your backerboard project? I am getting close to doing the same to mine.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-01-2015).]

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@fierogt28. I do concours level auto detailing for a couple exotic car dealerships in Vero Beach. A mobile mechanic friend of mine said he's done dozens of Saginaw steering columns over the years. I was hoping he would do mine but he was too busy. What he did do however was loan me the the pin plate compresser for a few days, so I just got into it on my own, using the instruction guide found in the ogre's cave.... it was fairly simple to re-tighten the four bolts inside the column. Three of them are easy to access, but the fourth one is buried way the heck down deep.

@johnnyrottin. I simply restretched the vinyl and glued/stapled it down better. I shouldn't have even posted that first picture until it was completed. I'll try to get a fresh picture that shows it nice and smooth. If you're about to do this, I strongly urge you to apply your stretching efforts between the top and bottom first. The sides are not so important since they are hidden by the B-Pillars.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 10-27-2012).]

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW.. I may be a little late on this... but I'm just finding out that Skitime sold his Fiero. WOW. I'm glad to see it go to someone that appreciates the time and effort that was put into it! RPRO.. thanks for keeping this Fiero alive. Its great to see it is still alive and winning awards!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock