Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 717 (103847 views)
Last post by: litespd on 07-05-2023 12:54 PM
19852M4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 19852M4Send a Private Message to 19852M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!! Awesome car.

Bump.
IP: Logged
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 19852M4:

Wow!! Awesome car.

Bump.

Thanks, much appreciated

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is sweet ride i like it alot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hagans19:

that is sweet ride i like it alot

Thanks to a fellow PA Fiero owner.

MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, how much to make a decklid like yours for me?
e30tech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for e30techSend a Private Message to e30techEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just started to read on this forum. But i caught this thread and id like to say that i love my fiero's hand down. I have a 85se4 and a 87 gt

I also have a 94 3000GT VR-4 and id have to say good choice man on not buying that car. Mine had dont nothing but nickle and dime me the hole time. Id sell it but i just love the car to damn much. I hate selling my cars lol..

BTW NICE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked Santa for your car for Christmas, but he said, " Yeah right, i want Skitime to build a sleigh for me..."

------------------
The H1 my father, brother and I built.
www.suburbangorilla.com

My Myspace

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JesseM:

I asked Santa for your car for Christmas, but he said, " Yeah right, i want Skitime to build a sleigh for me..."

You must not have been a good boy this year.

JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, if you aren't selling it just yet, do you have any more mods planned for it?

JC
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, no plans beyond driving it.
cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed it in the thread, but could you tell me what the engine viewing window was made out of. Glass or Lexan or ? I had planned on molding in a scoop, but your idea is much cooler.
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a piece of custom temper glass with a slight curve on it. I tried many other materials and none of them worked out.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-09-2009).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave has loads of time, many custom fabricated parts, lots or re-engineering and if I'm guessing correctly big bucks in his car. While some of his ideas are certainly duplicatable they won't come cheap. Rather than trying to copy Skitimes car, it may be preferable to do your own custom build.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see Ski and his car are still alive Always been an inspiration to my car, that still sits broken
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DotTC:

Glad to see Ski and his car are still alive Always been an inspiration to my car, that still sits broken

Thanks very much. It's good to see people still remember my car.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Dave has loads of time, many custom fabricated parts, lots or re-engineering and if I'm guessing correctly big bucks in his car. While some of his ideas are certainly duplicable they won't come cheap. Rather than trying to copy Skitimes car, it may be preferable to do your own custom build.

Dennis, I feel you have the wrong impression of my car. The car was a rough inexpensive GT when I bought it. Yes, I did spend a ton of time of my car engineering and re engineering the modifications. Yes, I did lots of custom fabricated parts. But I feel I did it all at very little expense and certainly not big bucks. How? Do everything yourself. The only thing that was not done in my little garage was fabrication of the exhaust which I had already designed with a muffler I had modified and I did not paint the car. I did all the body work myself but I am not setup to spray cars. I did all the mechanical and engine work myself. The new crate engine cost $1400 and the West Coast Fiero headers were graciously donated by West Coast Fieros. After selling my old 2.8 engine and automatic trans, I was only out about $600. I bought a junkyard 2.8 engine and Getrag and complete wiring harness for $200. Kept the Getrag setup and sold the engine for something like $600 so at that point out about $400 for the 3800 swap. I constantly bought and sold parts along the way to keep my expenses very low. (At the time, I was recently divorced and had two daughters in college) A few years latter I did add the inter cooler for somewhere near an additional $1000. All in all I feel I have one of the least expensive 3800SC Fieros out there. Now I would agree the cost to reproduce this GT by having a shop build it with all the unique modifications would be major big bucks but it did not cost me much compared to most Fieros I see out there including your sweet Fiero. Course, if I would sell it I would expect to make a profit ;-)

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-09-2009).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Thanks very much. It's good to see people still remember my car.

Can't forget your car or you My 88 still has the calipers I bought from ya on it .. one day, soon, they'll actually get to stop her again.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Dennis, I feel you have the wrong impression of my car. The car was a rough inexpensive GT when I bought it. Yes, I did spend a ton of time of my car engineering and re engineering the modifications. Yes, I did lots of custom fabricated parts. But I feel I did it all at very little expense and certainly not big bucks. How? Do everything yourself. The only thing that was not done in my little garage was fabrication of the exhaust which I had already designed with a muffler I had modified and I did not paint the car. I did all the body work myself but I am not setup to spray cars. I did all the mechanical and engine work myself. The new crate engine cost $1400 and the West Coast Fiero headers were graciously donated by West Coast Fieros. After selling my old 2.8 engine and automatic trans, I was only out about $600. I bought a junkyard 2.8 engine and Getrag and complete wiring harness for $200. Kept the Getrag setup and sold the engine for something like $600 so at that point out about $400 for the 3800 swap. I constantly bought and sold parts along the way to keep my expenses very low. (At the time, I was recently divorced and had two daughters in college) A few years latter I did add the inter cooler for somewhere near an additional $1000. All in all I feel I have one of the least expensive 3800SC Fieros out there. Now I would agree the cost to reproduce this GT by having a shop build it with all the unique modifications would be major big bucks but it did not cost me much compared to most Fieros I see out there including your sweet Fiero. Course, if I would sell it I would expect to make a profit ;-)

Dave. I guess big bucks and expensive are subjective words. I am aware that you did all the work yourself but the point that I was making is to build a duplicate of your Fiero today would be very costly. The custom tempered glass window on the deck, the rear window that slides open, the intercooler, the Mecham scoops, a new 3800SC, clutch/flywheel, the beautiful paint etc would seem to represent a considerable expense.
I've got over $5,000 in my 3800SC (auto) swap and I did it myself so costs can add up quickly. It was a powertrain with 60 miles on it. Then I added SS brake lines, KYB struts/shocks, Prothane bushings, Mr Mikes Upholstery, mag wheels and Addco front and rear sway bars so I figure that about $6,000 to $7,000 is the total cost, then figure in the $2400 that I paid for the car and the paint still needs refreshing. My car is probably a $10,000 Fiero and its nothing special. Perhaps cost is all relative
All in all I understand your point and I agree. For what you invested on your 88, it is probably one of the least expensive and good looking Fieros around

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW awsomecar loved

grats
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by elitopr:

WOW awsomecar loved

grats

Hey Thanks

phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep I still love this car, I remember logging in everyday specifically to see if there had been an update. I have watched this car from the very beginning and have always had the upmost respect for skitime and all of the work that was put into this beautiful show piece.
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phreakboy4:

Yep I still love this car, I remember logging in everyday specifically to see if there had been an update. I have watched this car from the very beginning and have always had the upmost respect for skitime and all of the work that was put into this beautiful show piece.

Wow! Thanks You had to have been around here for a long time to have been watching the build phase.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ski,

What mods have you seen others do that you find interesting beyond what you have already done ?

FiereoFella

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiereoFellaSend a Private Message to FiereoFellaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have been around custom/classic cars all my life. I can honestly say that I have rarely if ever seen this kind of craftsmanship. I enjoyed reading this build so much. Skitime really put alot of hardwork into this. I never once saw any corners being cut, or doing anything the lazy way. Skitime, I salute your hardwork and talent. I'm envious. Truly a great ride.

Semper Fi!
----FieroFella----

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ski,

What mods have you seen others do that you find interesting beyond what you have already done ?

I really liked the shaker intake trunk lid that Rockcrawl did to a 4.9 Caddy engine. I thought that was really cool. Unfortunately it would not be the same on my 3800 with my intake system. The factory transverse V8s being put on the Fieros has keep my interest as well but I definitely would want to maintain a manual transmission. I have been tempted many times to do a digital dash. There are a few other things I have considered. Some are still top secret incase I ever get the bug to work on my GT some more.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by FiereoFella:

Well, I have been around custom/classic cars all my life. I can honestly say that I have rarely if ever seen this kind of craftsmanship. I enjoyed reading this build so much. Skitime really put alot of hardwork into this. I never once saw any corners being cut, or doing anything the lazy way. Skitime, I salute your hardwork and talent. I'm envious. Truly a great ride.

Semper Fi!
----FieroFella----

Hey that is much appreciated. I still love my GT although I do not get it out hardly ever. When I get it out and drive it, it still amazes my how nice it drives, how much power it has and how much attention it gets. I seem to have a one track mind and lately other things in my life have got my attentions.

pocket dude 411

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pocket dude 411Send a Private Message to pocket dude 411Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nicee
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car was the reason I wanted a 3800-powered car. Finally got one built and running, and it still doesn't compare to Ski's.
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such a beautiful car! tastefully put together
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJonney:

Such a beautiful car! tastefully put together

Thanks!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ski,

Not sure what is left for you to do to it, but have you gotten the modifying bug again lately ?
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I hear you say chop???????
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ski,

Not sure what is left for you to do to it, but have you gotten the modifying bug again lately ?

Well, not really, I am currently in the process of building a garage for my toys so the GT will soon have a new home. I was feeling pressure to sell it for the garage space so the new garage will alleviate that problem.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Did I hear you say chop???????

No, I doubt I would ever do that.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"WOW", can't believe that this thread is going on 7 yrs old!! Great Job!

------------------

still plays with cars..

Phoenix4404

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phoenix4404Click Here to visit Phoenix4404's HomePageSend a Private Message to Phoenix4404Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to keep out of the archives
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to add to my favorites
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first post on this site and it's because this is my favorite car here. I'm a very new owner (1 day) of an 86 SE and this build has inspired me.
Russmanu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RussmanuSend a Private Message to RussmanuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car/thread/build is awesome.
A fantastic thread, written in a very easy to understand manner and quite possibly the nicest Fiero I've ever seen.

If I ever become rich, I will definately get you to build me a motor.

Cheers Buddy

Russ B, Oxford UK
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock