Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 717 (103923 views)
Last post by: litespd on 07-05-2023 12:54 PM
3.8 SC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Skitime,

I enjoyed the write-up on your Fiero. Truely amazing! I think I have found the engine swap for me. Hint the username. I have a few questions though. O.K. I have four questions.

1. On the flywheel, how much material was taken off?
2. Why the use of a 95 Bonneville computer?
3. How did you delete the automatic transmission program from the computer?
4. I notice the Fiero speedo on the manual transmission, in one of the photos. Is it actually wired and operating the Bonneville computer?

Thanks,
Don

IP: Logged
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.8 SC:

Hey Skitime,

I enjoyed the write-up on your Fiero. Truely amazing! I think I have found the engine swap for me. Hint the username. I have a few questions though. O.K. I have four questions.

1. On the flywheel, how much material was taken off?
2. Why the use of a 95 Bonneville computer?
3. How did you delete the automatic transmission program from the computer?
4. I notice the Fiero speedo on the manual transmission, in one of the photos. Is it actually wired and operating the Bonneville computer?

Thanks,
Don

Thanks for the compliment. Answers:

1. I took the Camaro flywheel along with the Fiero flywheel and told the machinist to make the Camaro flywheel to match the distance from the crank surface to the flywheel surface of the Fiero flywheel. I never knew how much that actually was.

2. I had a friend that was great at reprogramming the 95 ECM which allowed me to eliminate the code crap not needed like the automatic trans stuff and the passkey, rev limiter, speed limiter. He custom burnt fuel maps for the car after taking readings while driving too.

3. See #2

4. The 95 Bonneville ECM actually does not need the speedo info except to turn on a light to tell you to change oil. I am running the speedo like it was stock but tapping off to feed the ECM. Seems to work just fine that way. When the meter is connected to the ECM the speed is reading about 1/4 the actual speed.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 8-11-03

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 hours of my life have now slipped away (12am-4am).. thank you!! NO reallllly Thank you!! I think i even passed out a few times only to dream about my car with your mods! I remember chatting for a while at the 20th and really giving your car a good look over (only the rebodys got more time then your car) And even then I had no clue as to all you put into it (brake work, intercooler and cooling, the diff lighting effects I thought it was just strobes and under neon and so uch more) Well I'd love to say more and ask all sorts of questions but I've already punched the backspace way to many times in one post.. sleep now.. and thank you.

PS. it's your cars video as you leave the 20th that made me decide to dump my N* project in favor of the 3800SC!! what a sound.. so much more befitting for a Ferrari clone

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Eric you up still also

Ski's, JScotts and California Kids cars are the primary inspiration behind my GT. I have those threads on thier cars bookmarked so if I need a sudden dose of motivation, there it is.

Going with the 3.8S/C, cool I thought you would after the other night here at my house. I was talking with Tim (tesmith66) at lunch last Thuesday about engines(not my strong suit), about the 3.8 S/C and a 5.7 because I couldn't make up my mind. So what does Tim say, "buy another car and build one of each" LOL. Tim's got me thinking 4.9 now, but I don't know enough about the engine yet to decide. Close to straight bolt up from what I'm hearing, but it has a couple of short falls that I won't go into here.

Sorry for rambling all, I tend to do that.

Later

Earl

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You simply cannot read this thread and not have your energies begin flowing and be highly motivated by the end !

stuartlowery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to sneak a post in here to just say if you haven't downloaded Ski-Times document in word format you can do so HERE!

------------------
www.texasfieros.com

[This message has been edited by stuartlowery (edited 01-18-2004).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW..... Is really all I can say about now
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

WOW..... Is really all I can say about now

Thanks very much smartaxel

Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what are you working on now Ski? Anything new for the shows this year? Or is this just ski season
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red86SEautox:

So what are you working on now Ski? Anything new for the shows this year? Or is this just ski season

Just ski season so far.

JKobra

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JKobraSend a Private Message to JKobraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that that they completely changed the susupension for 88 but have you thought about impoving that in any way? Just curious because your car would look even meaner 1' lower.

BTW...YOUR CAR ROCKS!!!!

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski are you going to have your car at Auburn and/or Norwalk this year? I'm planning on attending both and would like to see your car again.
goyal99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goyal99Send a Private Message to goyal99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car and mods - Enjoy it in good health!

I know you've written so much already on just about every mod on your car....But can you possibly expand on what materials you used to create the window opening on top of the engine lid??? Is it plexiglass or something stronger?? How did you created the molding around the cover?? Everyone loves the visual effect of the glorious engine bay.

Best wishes - VK

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that car is one kick a$$ machine. Great job ski
wriott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wriottSend a Private Message to wriottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is just like a great move, once you start watching it (or reading it) you just cant stop. I started a about midnight and i just now got done. Thank you Ski for this AWSOME thread. I love your car!!! Would you object on me using some of your ideas for use on my car?? You would recieve all the credit because, hey, you came up with it. Again great car.

[This message has been edited by wriott (edited 03-28-2004).]

FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Just ski season so far.

Ski season is over, right? Any new history to add?

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski, I've been eyeballin' those trans am vents that you put into the front fenders and I'd like to get more info on how to do that. You used I think SMC? how is that for smoothing seams and keeping it flexible? I'm putting some Thunderbird turbo hoodscoops on my hood, should I be using this for adheisive, then Fiberglass filler to smoothing it? should I mount it from the backside? I'm up for a breif education, or a new thread?

yeah, and this is a bump for a GREAT thread.

------------------
John DuRette
Black 85 SE, undergoing work as we speak!
Battery re-located up front using a V8 Archie box
Remote Start/Window Rollup/Lock/Trunk Release/Alarm
White Gauge Faces w/120 MPH Speedometer Conversion
Hidden Antenna
Urethane Suspension Bushings
Sequential Tallights
Custom Painted Dash Panels
Oreif's painted door tabs and horn button
Shortened Automatic Shifter w/Beretta shiftknob
SpyHunter Intake Scoop
H4 Headlight Conversion - done right!
LED Third Brake Light/Custom Headliner
Thunderbird Turbo hood scoops
Braided Steel Brake Hoses
Lowered an inch
Getting a GT body

Still not on the road, and another Fiero on the horizon!

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Ski, I've been eyeballin' those trans am vents that you put into the front fenders and I'd like to get more info on how to do that. You used I think SMC? how is that for smoothing seams and keeping it flexible? I'm putting some Thunderbird turbo hoodscoops on my hood, should I be using this for adheisive, then Fiberglass filler to smoothing it? should I mount it from the backside? I'm up for a breif education, or a new thread?

yeah, and this is a bump for a GREAT thread.

Yes I used SMC two part epoxy urethane body repair material. I used that for the bonding then used flexible body filler for the smoothing out of the surfaces. The SMC sands well. I mounted it from the backside of the fender and created a new front surface edge. Thanks for the thread bump. I worry this will go into the archives.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by wriott:

This thread is just like a great move, once you start watching it (or reading it) you just cant stop. I started a about midnight and i just now got done. Thank you Ski for this AWSOME thread. I love your car!!! Would you object on me using some of your ideas for use on my car?? You would recieve all the credit because, hey, you came up with it. Again great car.

Thanks for the compliment on the thread. Many have used my ideas and few give credit so use them I appreciate the credit.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by goyal99:

Great looking car and mods - Enjoy it in good health!

I know you've written so much already on just about every mod on your car....But can you possibly expand on what materials you used to create the window opening on top of the engine lid??? Is it plexiglass or something stronger?? How did you created the molding around the cover?? Everyone loves the visual effect of the glorious engine bay.

Best wishes - VK

The engine window has been a tranformation. It has been made about 5 times with 4 different materials. I found the only material that is a long term solution is custom made tempered glass. Not cheap but the best. The fiberglass edge was filed into a curve.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Ski are you going to have your car at Auburn and/or Norwalk this year? I'm planning on attending both and would like to see your car again.

Maybe the Auburn show but it would be a long shot since we are going away in the motorhome for 4 weeks in July.

PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JKobra:

I know that that they completely changed the susupension for 88 but have you thought about impoving that in any way? Just curious because your car would look even meaner 1' lower.

BTW...YOUR CAR ROCKS!!!!

I love the way the 88 rides and handles. With the neons and spoiler barely clearing my driveway and many curb ramps it would seem foolish to lower it. The new hood makes the car "mean" looking enough. lol

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Red86SEautox:

So what are you working on now Ski? Anything new for the shows this year?

Well, I have been busy with non-Fiero projects all winter. My poor Fiero was neglected. So it is time to work on the Fiero again. Especially since Carlisle is next week. I just finished reinstalling the hood and front fenders after having them repainted. Last summer my motorcycle fell over and cracked the left fender. Nobody was near the motorcycle and it was a week before the 20th show. The hood did not suit me so it was reworked and the right fender had a spot where the paint got mysteriously cracked about the size of a quarter. So with all that repaired, I wanted to at least add one new mod. About a year ago FieroGT87 was advertising embroidery Fiero emblems for shirts, hats, sweats and jackets.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/013886.html

I contacted him about an idea I had and asked him to keep it between us. I really appreciated that he did because I am sure everyone will want this mod. I just like being the first. Well after I first communicated with him, I was suppose to get in contact with Rodney Dickman and order new beechwood speaker cloth and send it to FieroGT87. Somehow I never got around to it. One day FieroGT87 said he had a package being sent to me. Low and behold he ordered the beechwood speaker cloth and embroidered the emblems for me as a favor. What a nice thing to do. I really appreciated it and never expected it. Pennocks people are the best! Well his work is awesome with great detail. Today I finally got around to installing them. Wow, do I love them. We want to do it immediately to our other 88GT. So the rest of you get in line. So here are pics of the results.

First shot shows my old faded speaker cover along side the new cover. Man were they faded. Funny how you don’t realize how faded they get.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ski. Ever think of doing a firebird interior? Your interior is prestine, but a firbird interior would take your car to yet another level.

Simply one of the most beutifull car out there and it's your own creative work. A+

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
Look here for more pics - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040573.html

***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, Ported plenium, 57mm Throttle body, Sprint Headers, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, AFP Regulator, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just when you thought the limits are reached, ... Ski comes around and bumps it a notch higher.
Very nice

Tina

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried contacting FieroGT87 about getting some of his speaker covers with the Pegusas emblem on it but he didnt respond to the PM i sent him. How do you think i can get a hold of him cause i seriously want a set of those speaker covers with the emblem on it? Heres a free bump for you to keep it alive

------------------
fast and reckless

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if Earls anything like me.. we're both head deep in our cars!! and he has a job,wife, kids and real people stuff I dont have...LOL!! Dont give up he'll get back to you soon.
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2004 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry, but I think this picture is the greatest thing since sliced bread:

------------------
PETTY OFFICER (no more airman!) Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L Ecotec Turbo (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. KIA by a Ford)
1994 Chevy S-10 4.3, it's finally here, and it is gorgeous!

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always admired your car, but never knew how much work was behind it. This is a great thread, once I started reading I just couldn't stop reading til' the end, and it was a great 3 hour read trust me, I loved every minute. A side note though, what is your rim/tire combo? I recently got 205/40/R17's and when I put them on it seemed like there was waaay too much space between the wheel and the wheelwell, your stance looks great and w/o a lowering kit too, I'm dying to know ur combo . Also, are you going to be at Wheatstock, would love to see the car in person.

Thank you so very much for this thread .
James

------------------

91k Miles, 2nd owner

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

I have always admired your car, but never knew how much work was behind it. This is a great thread, once I started reading I just couldn't stop reading til' the end, and it was a great 3 hour read trust me, I loved every minute. A side note though, what is your rim/tire combo? I recently got 205/40/R17's and when I put them on it seemed like there was waaay too much space between the wheel and the wheelwell, your stance looks great and w/o a lowering kit too, I'm dying to know ur combo . Also, are you going to be at Wheatstock, would love to see the car in person.

Thank you so very much for this thread .
James

Thanks for the comments. Now the questions. I have 205/50/17s on the front so I retain the great steering over the earlier Fieros and I have 235/45/17s on the rear. The rear tires are burned off since the intercooler so I will be getting wider tires in the rear soon. With the spoiler and neons underneath it would be dumb to lower the car. I can barely get in my driveway now. Besides I love the ride of the 88s and don't want to hurt it. We will not be attending Wheatstock. Sorry

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Well let me stop here and post this and I will try to work on it some more.

A hell of A Jop mate......looking good......some day I hope to have a fiero just like you

PFF
System Bot
InDeX420

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InDeX420Click Here to visit InDeX420's HomePageSend a Private Message to InDeX420Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ski....just wanted to tell you that your GT has made its way onto my desktop...and anytime i want to show someone whose never seen a Fiero before I show them yours so they can see how really nice they can be...

Peace...
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by my pride:

A hell of A Jop mate......looking good......some day I hope to have a fiero just like you

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by InDeX420:

Hey Ski....just wanted to tell you that your GT has made its way onto my desktop...and anytime i want to show someone whose never seen a Fiero before I show them yours so they can see how really nice they can be...

Peace...

Cool. If you let me know which picture you are using I could probably send you a high resolution version of it if I took the picture. Email me the pic so I know which one it is.

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to add to favorites list.... Another Cool car.
88GTAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTALSend a Private Message to 88GTALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dave, I saw that your thread had floated back to the top.
I was wondering how the transmission was doing? Al
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ummm, what happened to the transmission?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got the new transmission mounted on the engine today. (Taking 4 weeks vacation has slowed the process) I got to do an update to this tread to cover this.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new transmission?? What happened to the old one? You didn't decide to come to the Darkside and install an auto?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I got to add the story to the thread but in short my pressure plate came apart and broke a hole into the transmission bell housing. I got a replacement Getrag I am putting in.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock