Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  "concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) by Fie Ro
Started on: 10-30-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 550 (109594 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-27-2018 06:07 PM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I secured the rear speaker grills on the back of the sidepanel...tiny pieces of foam kept the grill in place while applying hot glue around the edges

The speakers+spacers sit quite tight behind the panels in the car, had to be cautious while tightening the seatbelt bolts.
Now the 'plan' is to finish the complete midconsole first....the rallygauges cluster is getting a backyard mold job

Dug up this old 3D rendering, details have changed but its still the same idea...

This still needs lots of work......

IP: Logged
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice work as usual - i assume we can expect a similar speaker grill treatment for the front's?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I think it will reflect too much in the windshield, so I keep the front speakercovers as is right now....maybe I'll use some aluminium mesh for the windshield vent but in all I'll try to keep the top of the dash a bit uh...less bling bling
Heres some progress on the rallygauges:

just from the mold:

cut the holes for the gauges and a rough testfit:

Now i only need to trim, prep and paint the piece so it blends in with the rest of the midconsole...looks it will fit nice!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
and some sloooow progress on the subwoofer plug...it takes a lot of work to get it right.

MarioAlmada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarioAlmadaSend a Private Message to MarioAlmadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man, i just checked out all the work you've done and it took a while since i'm on 56k, but it was worth it. you've done some good work man, keep me updated with new work you've done, i wanna see the work and the final product. i like the center console the most, keep up the good work
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to be too picky... It seems to me that for the lines to be their smoothest, that the front angle of the sub would be paralell to the back angle of the door window. You've put so much into what your doing, it's jsut one of those things that if I were doing it, I'd probably take a look at. Not right or wrong, jsut me.

that and I'm curious about the corners, one of which I highlighted in yellow. Hey mister, does that unit come with elbow guards? I figure you were saving that part for last, but I just had to ask. I've been following this for a while and always get excited to see it updated. Nice work, and thanks for sharing.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
Not to be too picky... It seems to me that for the lines to be their smoothest, that the front angle of the sub would be paralell to the back angle of the door window. You've put so much into what your doing, it's jsut one of those things that if I were doing it, I'd probably take a look at. Not right or wrong, jsut me.
that and I'm curious about the corners, one of which I highlighted in yellow. Hey mister, does that unit come with elbow guards? I figure you were saving that part for last, but I just had to ask. I've been following this for a while and always get excited to see it updated. Nice work, and thanks for sharing.

Lol, the subwoofer plug just sits on top of the midconsole in the pic: the finished piece will be flush with the shifter piece. It will also slot in the backpanel like the stock glovebox..The shape is curved to match the seats a little and is most ergonomic to be able to shift without hitting the sub with the elbow....

Btw, I AM very picky getting it right

goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you palease make me a sub box like that?
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't checked this thread in a long time and all I can say is

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

I honestly didn't think it was gonna look nearly as good as it does.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! The 3D tryouts I did last year really helped to get some ideas how to build it....so far its all plug&play due to doing my homework. I guess I learned something from my mistakes . The bodywork took way too long (did change about everything during buildup) and it took about 3 years in all. If I could start it all over again everything would be totally different But within a few weeks the fiero finally will be painted so I can move on with the interior and engine...never finished hehe...Thanks for the support, I really appreciate that...it helps to justify the "why?" and all the time put in this car.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
Btw, I AM very picky getting it right

I know, I've been following this since you started it.

PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, looking like crap. Ya gunna have to tear it all out and send it over here for disposal.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2005 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And watch in a couple of years he'll just happen to have a kit for sale.
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2005 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

And watch in a couple of years he'll just happen to have a kit for sale.

I gatta make sure I find my checkbook by then... that reminds me ::searches around aimlessly::

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie ro,

Do you have a timeframe in mind on when you would like to have the interior done and the car painted ?? I know it has taken 3 years so far, just curious if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel ?

Do you plan to make molds and sell the body parts and interior ?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Fie ro,
Do you have a timeframe in mind on when you would like to have the interior done and the car painted ?? I know it has taken 3 years so far, just curious if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel ?
Do you plan to make molds and sell the body parts and interior ?

I can see some light now My fiero is currently on standby for paint, I expect it will be done within a few weeks. After that I'll have more time for the interior (and engineswap)
I have molds of everything I build for the interior, its in the back of my mind to sell kits or molds when its done. Thats also why I try to make it as easy as possible to mount the pieces and being able to reuse stock accesoiries....I guess it should be finished somewhere this winter. From the body I have to take new molds as it has changed a lot during buildup but I will only consider it when theres serious interest to make it worthwhile.....

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some final finishing and painting today on the rally cluster :

Couldnt resist to put the gauges in place, I am pretty happy about the setup :

Its a bit strange these clean parts on my table are destined for a hostile environment called Fiero, lol.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its a bit strange these clean parts on my table are destined for a hostile environment called Fiero, lol.

I want one!

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm next! Time to start making some money off your efforts- ack, I don't have the heart to tell you that you have to start selling this part, I'd rather see you get the rest of the parts done and setup! That gauge looks very nice, great job. Once you see that nice shiny paint and gauges installed, it sure must make all the effort seem worth while. I don't know if I could sleep for the next few days after finishing this, I'd probably get up- take a look at it, set it in the car, go back to bed, repeat...
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Finale

2961 posts
Member since Sep 2004

]

I'm going to a AWESOME automotive school for Paint & Body work basically, but its booked till August 2006.......but after seeing this thread im tempted to say screw that(I don't need a "degree" technically since I want my own paint/body shop someday) and go to Europe and have you train me How much would tuition be?? You do AWESOME work

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2005 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Finale: I can only advise you to work out your ideas and think about how you can build them for real,...and build it! its fun Be patient because you'll make mistakes but theres also a lot to learn when actually building something. I am still a bad fiberglasser but with some work it turns out nice uh..in the end, if youre determent you can achieve a lot
Another trick is to post every little thing youre doing so people think youre really busy ah this just popped up..:
- unofficial pre-release promo picture presentation of the new fiero concept gtr rallygauge option X3O performance -

...so I kinda mocked it in place in a hurry, took the pic, put it back on the passenger seat and drove off to work
I will wire the gauges tomorrow and try to decide on how to mount the cluster to the midconsole. That will need some fabbing. Also one of these days I'll have to take out the main dash for a (re-)upholstery and a windshield vent makeover. So the main dash will remain basically stock in shape, but I think I will have to cut the sidevents for the ducting of the TT vents later. The right side glovebox frame is next to getting molded...and I will have to think about the main cluster.But so far I am pretty happy how this dash develops
ToddCaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddCasterSend a Private Message to ToddCasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello
I would like to talk to you about your project, If you could write me at toddcaster1977@hotmail.com

Thanks Todd (Ps. put fiero dash in the subject )

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its hard to take a good pic at night. The gauges are of a 7-color kind programmed by one pushbutton. The default setting is some bad 80's disco colorcycling Now I have seen enough of that because they dont seem to "remember" the programmed setting...I should try switching the + and ign+ wires I guess.
Now guess which one isnt cooperating here

Since I am going to replace the dew wipes I took out the interior doorpanel..

..which made me think again about some new doorskin design. This is from several months ago:

..so I started from there and did some updates, changes and tryouts..:

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-07-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
combining some of it:

I am sure it will change some more
edit:still working on it:

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-07-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How are the interior door panels coming ?

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shh his car is in the paint booth right now :P, I think he is occupied on putting the exterior back together first...
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The outer doorpanels are finished

...and all the work goes into the bodywork right now.

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-25-2005).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
* sniff *
reminds me of MY CAR getting painted !

Well at least you WILL have the cooler car between the two of us! ( at least the interior )

Maybe you should send me the rejects from the interior, so we can be overseas brothers !!! ( oops did that sound gay?)

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*takes notes*

cant wait to see the finished product

DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB!!!

Best interior I've ever seen...

can't wait to see the final product!!

------------------
Christophe **1986 PONTIAC FIERO - V6/2,8L**

PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work... bump...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. What's the verdict on the shop?

I want some to do the following:
- Install and blend in Aus Stage 2 side scoop panels on some extra door skins and front fenders, prep that and the scoops themselves and paint to match my color
- Paint prep the hood we made and paint to match my color

I have a recommendation on a painter close to where I live but I'd like to get two quotes for the job. Would you recommend your shop? Price? Quality? Reliability? You know I want perfect OEM fit and finish...

Thanks and looking forward to seeing your Fiero soon?

The outer doorpanels are finished

...and all the work goes into the bodywork right now.

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow,
What a great color...
I can't wait to see all those custom panels put back on... congrads..
It's been along time coming....
captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Lothurin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LothurinClick Here to visit Lothurin's HomePageSend a Private Message to LothurinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man i wish i had some of ur skills...that car is going to look great when ur done

------------------
Lothurin
84 Fiero 2m4 ( no name yet)
90 Beretta GTZ (black dragon)
96 Chevy Corsica (green pile)

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It really is time you sell ssome of these to finance your next items
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

linenoise

3789 posts
Member since Jun 2003

this by far is my favorite mod todate on any car. I relally like this look.

Yellow87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Yellow87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread has really kept my interest - are there any updates Fie Ro? - I'd like to see where your project is at now.

[This message has been edited by Yellow87FieroGT (edited 11-12-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been busy finishing the body last weeks....and that is getting closer to being done

So one of these days I'll return to the regular interior buildup...first would be molding of the right dashframe, second finishing the midconsole sub box. Then theres a third, fourth etc....no way of getting bored, only the waiting

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock