Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  "concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) by Fie Ro
Started on: 10-30-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 550 (109597 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-27-2018 06:07 PM
Scott-Wa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shweeeet :-)

And I own page 6!

(always wanted to be able to say that)

[This message has been edited by Scott-Wa (edited 03-13-2005).]

IP: Logged
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a little checkup and matchup of what I own and what I need The "need" portion is getting smaller everyday luckily...This kinda looks like playing "Car Designer Tycoon" ....All the shopping comes from my female side

getting the TT cluster to work will be a PITA I guess (from the info Ive got), I'll have a try anyway, you'll never know..will use the TT face with the stock fiero meters if I cant get the cluster itself to work.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

console needs a repaint and an aluminium bezel but this setup will work! thnx Scott-wa.

Finally got the rallygauges shipped across the ocean...oilpressure/volts/boost (I replaced watertemp with boost when I knew I was close to my SC purchase ) testing the volts gauge:

with 7 colors to choose from it wont be hard to match them to the final interior.....nice gauges.

nice guages -

are you gonna use the tripple round lights to replace the two center interior lights also?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No I guess not, it would be too much...I figure a small aluminium bezel in the midsection over the middle lights with some shape or logo cut out....hmm time to start to think about that
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh WELCOME BACK,,,,

eh rod how was the ski trip,,so how many times did u crash and roll all the way down the hills,,lol any frost bite?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ducattiman:
Eh WELCOME BACK,,,,
eh rod how was the ski trip,,so how many times did u crash and roll all the way down the hills,,lol any frost bite?

Eh, you dont know how close you are to the truth!!
I am an experienced snowboarder but I must have had a major slam on the head one day.....I cant remember what happened but they took me downhill into an ambulance and to a hospital for a CT scan to check my head for damage......whats left is still a little headache, one lost day and pictures that prove that I DO have brains! The rest of the holiday was quite nice....so when youre gonna rev my new engine?

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i really want to pop by this weekend they say it is a high of 20..gr8 temp to see ur engine and u can hear the new bass in my beast,,**** it is loud
87GTSleeper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how I missed this thread so long.

Truly inspirational. Awesome work.

Convertable Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Thats a sweet set up! Good luck, keep the pics coming!

------------------

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all! Since spring is right around the corner theres more structural work that can be done hopefully. However tomorrow I plan some more prep work on the body because it really needs paint soon...plus the SC wiring is on the floor right now to be sorted out...so I am jumping from task to task..but that keeps the fun going

Originally posted by ducattiman:
i really want to pop by this weekend they say it is a high of 20..gr8 temp to see ur engine and u can hear the new bass in my beast,,**** it is loud

Sunday would be a nice day..., drop me a pm when you want to come, I'll fully load my coffeemachine for ya
..I bet you get friends with my neighbours with your 2x 12" s.....bring it on

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...I hope some of the work involved will still show in the endresult.. .. ..these pieces are all(most) ready to be prepped, waxed and molded soon...

....still have to figure how to take perfect molds though...still learning....

:mockup with the rough shape of the rallygauge housing and 3 photoshopped gauges (and PS bevels)....looking how to finish the rallygauges housing...

the "third" project already starts to steal time and pictures ....it always starts small.

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 03-19-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is that theft deterrent?
That arm rest is killer and the gages are turning out great.
You are an inspiration keep up the good work.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

What is that theft deterrent?

No thats actually going into Ducattiman's coffee. He likes it that way..Then he is going to rev my engine

This is a better test than a stupid dyno

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2005 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
started to take molds and products of some more finished parts:

those will be covered in black vinyl so I'll only do some rough sanding and no prepping..
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something tells me you're going to be my new best friend, you're doing an awesome job- keep up the great work!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

started to take molds and products of some more finished parts:

those will be covered in black vinyl so I'll only do some rough sanding and no prepping..

very nice - ever think about buying some 2part poly resin? you can cast parts with varying degrees of flexibility.. or just simple unreinforced plastic parts..

a "cushy" armrest would be pretty sweet

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just happy to get better in making molds and parts without damaging and repairing them! No experimenting now!

I thought about a "cushy" armest: might cut and glue a piece of foam padding before doing the vinyl over it......or adding some extra layers of vinyl before the final layer...I want the basic shape to be sturdy (and it is)

the shifter surround piece is getting molded too today....

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 04-19-2005).]

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
amazing work man! i've been in and out of this thread since it started and everytime you post something it's impressive
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..the hinges need some meat so I glassed them in...after waxing them

..next one to go..:

got this fancy "parting clay" from a toys store, works great...!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love it - its so muhc fun to watch your work -
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow! You are doing a good job. Can not wait till it is done.

------------------

88gt build up! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..got the product pulled today....now I wanna testmount the armrest and the window switches too..! Did some work and testfitting..:

...still waiting for a TT shifter boot+chrome bezel getting delivered and completing the picture...but I already like it

Ow btw, some headconsole work I almost forgot to do.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the solid center panel for switches is perfect - cleans it up real nice..
JKobra

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKobraSend a Private Message to JKobraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I shouldnt rush genius, but I cant wait till ur done! great job man, I wish I had ur talents
ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awsome stuff!!
divilspawn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for divilspawnSend a Private Message to divilspawnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok well when you finish let me know how much for one with cupholders cus that is an awesome look and I really would like a REAL cupholder not some cheap plastic thing
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got something with the mail today! Brandnew from germany and it looks good....installed:

Theres a lot of work and patience involved getting it right but it starts to pay off now...!

No cupholders on mine but I have thought about it: theres some space IN the midconsole in front of the shifter, could make some recessed cupholders there.....it would be an "option" because I like the clean look it has now.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic work!!!!

Why arent you making this as a kit, Im sure it would sell as hot cakes!

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW Im VERY IMPRESSED!!!! So how does it feel to see you dash concept come to life?

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:
WOW Im VERY IMPRESSED!!!! So how does it feel to see you dash concept come to life?

Feels good! I kinda know what I want the finished work to look like...but actually getting there is a lot of work and thinking first....and sometimes it turns out even better..thats the feelgood part

DustyMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2005 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DustyMNSend a Private Message to DustyMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I can't wait to see the finished product! Absolutely beautiful!! As other people have mentioned before, please tell me you plan to sell your interior as a kit!!

------------------
1988 Fiero GT, 2.8, 5-speed, 190,000 miles and still running strong! | 1984 parts car | 1985 parts car

PFF
System Bot
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro,

Great work on the dash! I like it alot! As I was looking through your post, when an idea hit me. The air vents, Make them look like the butterfly valves in a carburator. I have a Grand Am dash with round vent holes and now I think I am going to put it in. I just need a few more ideas to make it look like it was never designed for a Grand Am.

Keep up the good work,
Don Z.

P.S. We are almost done on with Rick B. car, so I will be doing a write up on how to make the fuel rail for the 3800 S/C soon!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/049118.html

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3.8 SC: I think you mean vents like those in the mazda 6 and Ford F150?
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

I think Madcurl will use vents of the Ford..... I'll stick to the TT vents(If I ever find a set) because all other parts are matched to the "drilled chrome ring" theme...

Yeah i would love to see how you made the fuelrail....looks like the original is brazed together?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was planning to use the aftermarket upgrade F150 vents that have the chrome ring
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ow this needs a little update...!
I molded some more pieces. rediscovered the hot glue gun to mockup some mold edges for my first 2 part mold.

first piece ready:

..and had to trash another mockup, Mold is ok just needs more work now to cleanup.

Should have made it a 3part mold maybe but it isnt the first time I have to trash the mdf mockup....maybe its just too soft... I have no problems taking fiberglass parts from the fiberglass molds though:

Decided to cover the midconsole piece in vinyl:

Finally found an old samplecard from MrMikes, took it to an upholstery store and ordered a piece of mathing vinyl like the fiero saddle color...to match my MrMikes seats....damn I am talking like a woman!

So hurry back to molding:

Can already tell this one turned out better. Some more progress later

redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man you have done some amazing work! My hat is off to you! I have only seen work like that in concept cars & they all pale in comparison!

------------------
"I'm just a girl..."
1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car
1987 Red & Black Firebird: "RAIF" WEBSITE: www.redraif.com
OTHER CARS’ WEBSITES:
1982 Trans AM / 1990 Chevy Dually / 1976 Scout II / 1987 Nissan Pulsar

ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wheres my update!

oh, and ummm..... errr...... bump?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress...got some finished fiberglass pieces for the sidevents now and the rallygauges plug is getting shape:

Also finished 2 more fiberglass pieces for the midconsole. A mockup to see if it fits so far :

Want to make it as plug&play as possible... I will reuse the main dash and stock heatercontrols and DIN radio...I hate wiring so the TT cluster is still not made functional. I want to wire it to a stock fiero cluster housing so it plugs in with the stock connectors in the dash...

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT you are doing a great job

a little hint apply at least 6 layers of carnuba wax to the raw forms before making the molds and you will eliminate the sticking problems

are you spraying gell coat to the parts before applyingthe fiber glass

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2005 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Amazing work. Dash is still a bit boxy for me, but it's amazing. Very inspiring work. I hope I can find someplace to do real work on mine sometime soon. Your thread has a lot of valuable info in it. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock