Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  "concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"concept GTR" dash build-up...Fie Ro style! ;) by Fie Ro
Started on: 10-30-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 550 (109597 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-27-2018 06:07 PM
Dewie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DewieClick Here to visit Dewie's HomePageSend a Private Message to DewieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't spent any amount of time on this site in a couple of years - just haven't had the time and my Fiero is on the back-burner.

I would like to thank you - reading this thread has kept me EXTREMELY entertained for the past 2 + hours. The Quality of your work and your tastes are amazing. I only wish I had a fraction the time to invest in my Fiero that have invested in yours. You are a true insperation and I intend to continue following your build.

I have one question about your sub-enclosure though. I know with typical enclosures I have delt with they are built out of 3/4" MDF. I looked into building a custom fiberglass enclosure for under the dash of my Fiero and it was suggested to me that I build it up to a thickness of 3/4" as well. Have you done this with your enclosure? Also, how do you mount the decorative ring around your sub?

But really truly amazing work! Keep it up!
IP: Logged
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

It's actually quite embarassing what one can find on http://web.archive.org...

I wonder if I could use that to find the mysterious "Scot Tilden" interior. I'm sure there had to be a website in the past showing the built progress.
Probably will take a few hours.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

progress on the car: yes
progress on the interior: no
Nowadays I am putting the time in restoring and upgrading the suspension and preparing for an engineswap...so the interior is gathering dust. But it will be finished someday, its just one of the many projects and sometimes the priorities change

Sounds all too familiar...

Bob

DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked any on the interior yet?
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump for an awesome project.
kevin23k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevin23kSend a Private Message to kevin23kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I have started a new interior project, sort of...it is behind the seats, no it is further back
I did some enginebay cleanup before winter and some painting in the trunk area. Then I started to think why I put so much time in a good looking engine(bay) while there was a simple/dirty trunk in front of it...

enter mission: pimp my trunk
A predecessor may be this trunk cover I had several years ago

Change that and add 4 side panels. And they must be removable. And blend with the interior style.etc.

The basic idea is a base frame that sits on the sides of the lower trunk part. Doesnt matter if the trunk is cut or stock...add a lower trunkcover that fits in the frame. front/rear panels that slot in the frame. and side panels that slot in the frame and between the front/rear panels. A very simple drawing:

Frame setup

I will be using 4mm MDF for the large surfaces, a few wooden profiles, fiberglass and resin for sealing and strengthening where needed....and later on some other detailing stuff..! hehe
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Work on the first parts of the frame

first drawing and playing with the lower cover setup

some more playing

This is just a photoshop but pretty close to what needs to be done

A pic of the back of the frame glassed together

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS GTR FIERO IS

SA----WEET.

You do very clean work. I love the bodies new look. I love the interior though I have to get used to the hummer dash on the passenger side. "Clean" center consul.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Extremely Creative!
PFF
System Bot
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You beat me to the trunk idea. Although mine is going to be up front
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 switches that need a mounting panel...and sometimes the solution is already there

progress

and some startoff material for the front panel and the left storage..

compartment door version 1.0

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
setting up pieces for the front panel:

Here I started to think its easier to get the outer shape by using 2 part foam...

fixing the 'guideframe' in place

first layer of blob

and after some more work it looks like this:

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slightly taped mockup. so far so good.

back to the drawing board...

time to mess it up !

more bondo and sanding...next is to make the template of the inserts and check the fit

transfer to the teardrop plate

lol note the first mistake and correction, I want the pattern exactly mirrored on both sides...stupid details
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The custom work you do is amazing, great job.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks !
Somehow I never get bored with my Fiero...

The latest progress is on the right side / pcm tray..
setting up the layout

..testfitting

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates!!

Such a great looking interior!!
metal144

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for metal144Send a Private Message to metal144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding custom work very impressed!
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude! Awesome! Bad A$$! Those were the first thoughts I had when seeing this build. It makes me want to start on the appearance of mine instead of the performance. I hope that when I get my swap done that I'll have the money to start on the body and interior. All should be inspired by the build and design of your car!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some update pix, I finished some of the trunk parts:

Modified Phillips photoframe, it will be my showcase display !

Left piece almost finished, after this by accident I dropped a sharp object on it and will have to upholster it again now, and also add another tweak I almost forgot

I bought Dietmar's headliner...great quality !

After a lot of work and burned fingers it looks like this:

PFF
System Bot
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking headliner, interior, trunk, front and rear bumper, paint, brakes, rims and headlamps. Great job on all of this. A + for you.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply beautiful.
Bubbajuju

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BubbajujuSend a Private Message to BubbajujuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Fie Ro,
Really nice work. You've got me inspired. Thanks for the thread and pics!
marlboroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marlboromanSend a Private Message to marlboromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have missed it, but can you describe in a little detail how you get the vinyl to bend so tight around all of the radius's and still hold its shape? It looks so professional and tight. I have tried to do this before and I know how hard it is to do that, youmust have some trick for that, lol. Ohhh and its looking great and cant wait for the products to hit the "for sale"
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for an awesome build!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro,

Check your PM.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing work as always

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

Johnni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnniSend a Private Message to JohnniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a wonderful work and great idea! any newS??

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for 2009
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anny news??????????
PFF
System Bot
telefragg3d

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for telefragg3dSend a Private Message to telefragg3dEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is awesome! keep up the good work! very inspiring, gives me a lot of ideas for my interior.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always your work is awesome.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has to be one of the most amazing builds I have ever seen. Your attention to detail is only countered by your ability to do what seems to be every aspect of every automotive field to (I dare say) perfection. I cannot wait to see the finished product! How about a video of how you go about doing a mold from start to finish?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need updates!!!
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP BUMP BUMP! come on... you're killin us... we need updates
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Fie RO, could you post some new/recent high res (links) pictures of your Fiero interior.
I need a new Desktop Background.
pocket dude 411

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pocket dude 411Send a Private Message to pocket dude 411Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is easily the coolest interior ive ever seen. I wish i could learn to do that.
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpp update? did you do anything to the gauge cluster?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read this thread from the first page, all the way here to page 13! All I can say is wow WoW WOW! amazing work! You have inspired me to get to work on my interior now.

[EDIT] I missed owning page 14 by one single post hahah

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-02-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock