Keen V-8 Fiero, the build by Archie
Started on: 10-23-2010 11:31 PM
Replies: 287 (14315 views)
Last post by: streetstockSS83 on 07-27-2013 08:34 AM
CommanderKeen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

So let me get this straight, you (Keen) had to pay 4k to get the car out of the impound lot? Xzotik, where did the second run-in with the impound lot come into play? If I'm reading this right, Xzotik pretty much stuck Keen with 4k in impound fees? Sure, the whole lie was shitty, but I think having to fork out 4k for a $500 car because someone didn't take the time to transfer the title is even shittier! Not bashing anyone...waiting for more clarifiction. Good luck to you both....

Correct, but It was not 4k, it was under that. I do not remember off the top of my head. I was not able to pay the 4k at the time, and would not have it by auction time (this whole timeline is over a few days.) The impound lot cut me a deal because of my situation and I paid a small fraction of it. They had every legal right to sue me for that full price. They sent me on my way with the exact same line the cops at the impound lot gave me.

Next time file your damn paperwork.
IP: Logged
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CommanderKeen

651 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by GT-X:

(for posterity)

And while I am obviously somewhat tightly wound and on a semi-defensive, I would like to point out that I have not changed or edited any of my posts for just that reason. Thanks for looking out though.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moral of the story:

When buying or selling a car... DO YOUR PAPERWORK!

~Tyler

P.S. It's my opinion that Keen is legally and morally the correct owner of this car. If you buy a car and have any real interest in it, you get it titled and you don't abandon it. If I was in Keens situation I would have done the same thing, except the lying part, that part is shitty. Because you were man enough to admit it and apologise I can forgive you for that, but I can not forget.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keen,

It is good to hear your side of the story. Gotta give the man credit for stepping up and admitting a lie.

With all that said XzotikGT is screwed, plain and simple.

Unfortunate, but definatly a learning experience.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sam, I'm the guy who offered to let you transport your Fiero to my house when you were first sent to Ft. Lewis in 2007.

----- Original Message -----
hey man, i had the car rerouted to WI i gotta find a more reliable vehicle for now. Plus im gonna have archie put a v8 in it and finish all the stuff i havnt got time to do in the army, lol.
thanks alot anyway dude!
-sam rogers

I offered because of your service in the military. Turns out you later sold the car to my friend. Much of the work he did to it was done in my driveway.
XzotikGT is a good Fiero loving guy. You should make it right with him. I think the reason you lied was because you couldn't handle the truth.
- Steve
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Sam, I'm the guy who offered to let you transport your Fiero to my house when you were first sent to Ft. Lewis in 2007.

hey man, i had the car rerouted to WI i gotta find a more reliable vehicle for now. Plus im gonna have archie put a v8 in it and finish all the stuff i havnt got time to do in the army, lol.
thanks alot anyway dude!
-sam rogers

I offered because of your service in the military. Turns out you later sold the car to my friend. Much of the work he did to it was done in my driveway.
XzotikGT is a good Fiero loving guy. You should make it right with him. I think the reason you lied was because you couldn't handle the truth.
- Steve

What truth can I not handle? I screwed up two years ago by not filing sale paperwork. It could have cost me my job when I got hung out to dry. I was angry about it, and had enough other issues going on that I didn't have time to deal with it any other way, and I didn't want write a damn six page FML post. I can armchair quarterback it all day long, but it wont change that I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, and such.

ETA- I dont remember if that was this car or a different one, but I appreciate it then and now.

ETA- Its hard to want to "make things right" for someone that leaves you hanging. His story has changed a couple times, so I honestly still have no idea if I got boned intentionally or not. From where I'm sitting it looks that way, but from where I'm sitting its easy to see it that way. Not alot of outside perspective here in my head.

[This message has been edited by CommanderKeen (edited 11-06-2010).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you thought it was the right thing to do you would not have needed to lie was my point

edit to add - you're welcome and I still appreciate your service to our country. also,, You may be able to help him out. He is Fieroless.

edit to add - He's only guilty of the offense of not filing his paper work. His story may have been clarified but he has not lied.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 11-06-2010).]

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

edit to add - He's only guilty of the offense of not filing his paper work.

But there is no police report for a stolen vehicle. How could I know that a car with his book and papers in it hadn't been abandoned after the motor blew? He said he picked the car up at that SAME lot before, it was there for a month before they came after me for the fees. Why didn't he go down to square it away? Or did he just not want to pay several thousand dollars for an in-op vehicle when he could leave me hanging for it instead.

ETA - And that fact that he admitted to rocking his girlfriends plates illegally for two years doesn't make it look any better from here. You can switch plates between vehicles ONLY when they are owned or registered to the same person and you file the change with the DMV. They weren't even his plates.

[This message has been edited by CommanderKeen (edited 11-06-2010).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you he told me and others both times the car was stolen.
I agree he should have put it in his name. Not smart to own a car and not transfer the title.
and as you know you should have filled out the release of interest when you sold it.

I'm not trying to make you mad. I would like you to work it out with him.
You'll fell better about your build thread.
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap what a Friggen Nightmare!

Here is my Suggestion.. to Keen

Give this Kid $500 right now..

My Suggestion to XzotikGT

Take the $500... Move on and be be done with this situation.
...........................................................................................
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

The intentional deception was stating that he owned the car, and that it had not been sold to X quite some time before.]

That is where you are incorrect. He did not "state" he owned the car. As I posted back on page 4, The State of Washington has him as the owner of record and was responsible for the vehicle and all associated fines and fees when it was found abandoned. They told him it was his car.

This State Law has been confirmed by Keen's post of the events as he saw them. According to the State of Washington, He IS the owner and that the new title issued was clean. The state cannot issue a new title if there is a stolen vehicle report against the VIN. Stolen vehicles always use VIN's as the means of identifying a vehicle and are always included in the theft report.

As for the Bill of Sale and the previously signed title, The new title makes the old one void (as stated by the State of Washington on their DMV website). The bill of sale is a written contractual agreement of the original sale, it cannot be used to define ownership of a vehicle years later when a legal title exsists. The original sale was contractually completed by both parties. Money exchanged hands and the said vehicle was in the buyers possession for a couple of years. Just because both parties did not follow the state's regulations does not keep the bill of sale contractually binding.

While both parties did not file their paperwork correctly after the sale which caused this mess, The vehicle is now Keen's to do with as he wants and he does not owe any money to Xzotik.

Xzotik has the option to take his paperwork to an attorney and file a suit with the courts. Based on what each side has posted in terms of events, the outcome will most likely be the same.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 11-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I don't like Keens original deception about how he got the car I still cant get past XzotikGT driving it for what 2 years without a title. Good lord man XzotikGT must have pucker prints in the seat all the way to the head rest. How could you drive a car without a title and the correct tag for that long? XzotikGT I feel bad for you loosing your car but come on you drove a car without a title and the correct plates, so I will assume you didn't have insurance. You do know now that in the eyes of the law Keen is the lawful owner. If you would have been pulled over and they couldn't have reached Keen they would have tried you for driving a stolen car. It may have been tossed out after the fact but you would have been in a lot of hot water for driving it without registration, insurance and the title. If you got in an accident and couldn't cover the damage you know Keen would have been responsible for it right. It may not sit right with everyone here but I do believe Keen was in a jam and had to do what he had to do and made a the best of it. What else could he have done if no one including himself knew XzotikGT was the true owner? A signed title and an old bill of sale wouldnt release Keen from responsability if he wasnt aware that it even still existed.

Keen I do think you were thrown into a bad situation, you did have a small part in it by not reporting the car sold but it would have been a non issue if the car was titled and 2 years is more than enough time. The suspension parts and rims are more than the cost to get the car put in XzotikGTs name.

I think the car was worth at best $700 but I also think the aggravation that Keen was put through is worth something. XzotikGT I think you need to talk to Keen and both of you put your anger aside and work something out.

thanks alot anyway dude!
-sam rogers

- Steve
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When looking who to blame look no farther than the mirror.
If either would have done their paperwork then would have been NO issue on their side.
We all make mistakes.... right. So why jump on the blame bandwagon and point the finger? What are you really trying to prove?
Guys just talk to each other through PM. Compromise with each other and clear your conscience, be the bigger man and you WILL be rewarded with peace of mind. If not, then that hate, rage and resentment you feel about the other person, the feeling that is currently eating you up inside will only grow and come out in other aspects of your life. Do yourself a favor and make it right for your own well being.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by nosrac:

So where is Keen? I hope he returns and says something. I like to hear more from him.

Thanks, I am really glad you came back and posted. I always want to hear both sides of the story.

Also, thank you for service. Your sacrifices are truly appreciated.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

Well here this goes. I'm editing this a couple times for language, civility and removing some stuff that I shouldn't have on a public forum.

I used the word "misleading" the first time I wrote this. Its another word for lying but it sounds nicer so I suppose I shouldn't use it.

I can't decide if I should put my text above, below or amongst the lie. Writing it any of those ways makes it appear to be an excuse, and theres no excuse for lying. I'll knock out the laundry first then I'll write my comments. Up to you guys if you want to believe it or not. I will lay down the fact. I will try to keep it all short and sweetish.
I previously owned a 86 Gt Pontiac Fiero.

I, on a cold winter night outside the barracks, exchanged the car to a guy and his dad for either 200 bucks or 500 bucks. I don't remember. I signed a green WA title over, and the guy and his dad jumped the car and took off. I sold it because I had to place to keep it, and no money to fix it up due to a messy divorce.

I, a week or so later, ended up going out of state for training. I forgot to report the sale.

I, upon returning from Afghanistan received a month old certified letter that was forwarded from an old address in the barracks. The letter stated that my 1986 Pontiac Fiero Gt was impounded. It stated that I owed just south of 4000 dollars in fees. The auction date was less than a week away.

I, called the impound lot and explained that it was sold years ago. The impound lot explained to me that legally, I still owned and was liable for the 86 Pontiac Fiero Gt. The apologized for the bad news, and informed me that if the car was not auctions for over 4k, they would be suing me to collect the remainder. In addition, the impound lot informed me that the police had been involved, because the car was found with plates that were from a different car, and could have been stolen or borrowed. It seemed pretty banged up, according to them.

I, find this inconvenient due to my lack of money (Rotating CD's and waiting on Soldiers Saving Fund to cash out, in addition to replacing all of my stolen personal property).

I, find this even more inconvenient due to my clearance level in the service. It's up there a little bit. And I'm trying to qualify it so it could go higher in the future, allowing me dream job placement. Anyways, this is something that would be impossible to accomplish with a vehicle impounded, auctioned, then paying the court ordered remainder. This was the abbreviated line explanation due to all things opsec. I've spent five years training so that I could qualify for this dream job placement. In addition to all of my other things of value being broken or stolen, now it seems this is falling apart.

I, looked and looked. I checked my Archived PFF for sale thread. Checked my PM box. Checked my email. Couldn't find anything. I couldn't tell you anything about the guy who bought it except for that his dad was a DOD civilian and that the kid had some kind of long hair. They seemed nice.

I, Went to JAG to see counsel, because I thought there was no way this was happening to me. They told me that I was in fact screwed. Legally, I am still the owner and liable for the vehicle.

I, went to the DMV and sat down with their manager lady. She repeated what JAG said and told me to file my report of sale next time.

I, called the Towing company, and asked to speak with a manager. I explained my situation again and I asked him if there was anything I could do. He said that I could pay the fees or always hope the auction pays it off. I told him I really didn't have that option. He said he didn't want to hammer me since I had just got home, and said to come in and talk to them before the auction.

I, drove to the towing yard. The were several police officers there. I spent some time talking to one who just shook his head and said "you're screwed, you're liable for it." We went outside to look at the car, I took some documents and a book over to one of the officers. He looked through them and said "you would think an engineering student would take better care of his car."

I, went inside to talk to the people who owned the company. They told me that they felt bad that I had gotten hammered by someone who left me out to dry. They significantly reduced the amount of money I had to pay for the car. This was good, because it was almost all the money I had.

I, drove to a U-haul and rented a truck and trailer. Everyone I know was already on leave, and I had no access to a truck. We pushed the car onto the trailer and I drove it home and dumped it there. It sat there for several days.

I, went to the DMV again for more information on how to proceed. I asked if there was any way for them to run the different plates for information. They can't give out that information. I wanted to check to see if there was any sort of insurance gap issue (a friend of mine had this happen in AZ) since the car still apparently legally belonged to me but was not insured. They said I was good, but that I needed to re-title since I didn't have the title. I asked if she could find out if anyone had reported the car stolen. She told me that when the re-title was processed I would be notified and no title would be sent. I collected new plates, tags and registration.

I, received a title in the mail. No stolen car report ever filed.

I, finally got access to my savings again. I decided that rather than buy another car (As I originally intended, as clean Fieros seem to run 3-4k on the sale board) I would use this one since I was transplanting the motor anyways. I contacted the DMV again, to ask about it, and was told that my title superseded any other titles, and that I own the car.

I, sent the car to Archie.
I lied about my car being stolen on Pennocks Fiero Forum.
For those looking to witch hunt, you can stop right here.

These are my comments, and some of the things I was feeling and some of the reason's/excuses that I carried on the way I did.

This is an excuse. The previous 12 months have not been easy. Down Range Divorce. Awful Deployment. The same terrible stuff that every other soldier deals with, mental and emotional fatigue. Trying to slog through that and finally getting home, and having a shot at (for my occupation) the big leagues was the ultimate relief. My relief was completely blindsided by finding out that I could lose that placement because I had been hung out to dry by a guy who didn't want to pay 50 bucks in sales tax on a car.

To say that I was livid was an understatement. I was enraged. I was so upset about this stupid car that it made me sick.

I'm on several forums for different enthusiast hobbies and such. Most people know I'm in the Army. I've made alot of enthusiast friends in real life from a few different forums, and PFF is no different.

By lying I have brought discredit upon the Army and Corps of the Non Commissioned Officer. I posted that the car was stolen because it was easier than explaining everything above. I get angry even thinking about all the stuff I had to do with this. Even on the inter web I try to post professionally and politely at all times and places because people know I'm a service member. I truly do strive to do the right thing, in and out of the uniform.
I just couldn't find a way to post what happened. I was so angry I was beside myself. Rather than Detail the all the garbage above, I called it stolen. The rest of my crap was stolen, not a Fiero. It was easier than trying to explain the amount of hours I put into driving all over the place trying to figure out how I could legally get hammered like this. I wanted to write blithering rants that only used three or four real words per sentence. The work related issues this caused are greatly abbreviated here out of necessity. I was trying to be positive, professional, and move on. I called him a thief and a dick head, when he was in fact only actually a dick head. Of course the dick head part is based completely off my assumption that all of this was done intentionally, or unintentionally with no disregard to the possible harm it could cause. It could all just be me, upset about all the other **** going on and flipping out about this as well.

I posted the "stolen car" bit in an attempt to not rant and rave and disgrace the uniform I wear, and I ended up doing it anyway. I apologize again to anyone on PFF who is wearing a uniform or has ever worn one.

I've read this thread, against the advice of my girlfriend and friends I am posting this. I am posting this because PFF has been the last vestige on the internet for civil folks, and people who belong to other forums I am sure will agree.

And I messed up by bringing bull crap drama to a forum that I loved because it was devoid of it.

I'm sorry that XzotikGT is pissed. Reading over all of this again it almost looks like he posted for the same reason I did, and that was being offended and pissed off. I apologize for calling you a thief and a dick head if this **** was unintentional . If I had been able to find which person I had sold the car to, I would have contacted you. But I had no idea. And No time. Honestly though I do feel that the fact that you let me burn in the first place had shown me that you would not have done the right thing. You said you called it in stolen, but I got a title with no issues, after the car had been impounded for a month. Where were you waiving your signed title around then? I'm sorry it turned out like this. I am sorry because I had to take the car. I didn't want it. I much would have preferred to buy a clean GT somewhere a few months after I got home and send it to Archie. I didn't dump 25k into my Fiero of choice. But these were the cards you dealt me, and I had to roll with it.

For all the "intent to deceive" posts. I never told a legal entity or government representative that it was stolen. Thats what I got from their side. I spent days banging the "It's not my car" drum, and was told "too bad, its your and you are liable." This was from the Cops at the towing yard, JAG, and the DMV. It does not make any sense. I'm a firm believer in property rights, the laws and policies that make this drama possible are garbage and I can't believe they even exist. Its a slight to car owners that this **** is possible, on both sides of the table.

It's my car. Legally and completely. You could have spent 50 bucks to make it your car, a 250 dollar total investment. You abandoned the vehicle. I paid for the car a second time from the impound lot to keep my own ass out of hot water because it was my only option.
But it seems you didn't want to have to take responsibility for the vehicle, from your admission to driving it illegally with another persons plates from another car for two years to your obvious disregard of the vehicle after you left it on the side of the road knowing it couldn't blow back on you. That's how I feel, if that is incorrect of misguided please let me know. My PM box hasn't been full or anything. I'll be sending this to you before I post it on the thread.
I did the wrong thing, I did the best with what I had in the situation I was in. It blew my mind that I could spend five years working towards a career goal and then lose that in an instant because I forgot to file a piece of paper a couple years ago for a 200 dollar car. It made me mad, at myself and at whomever had possession of the car before this nonsense.
If I am not welcome here then let me know. I would like to continue to post work in progress pictures to return to the forum the same step by step inspiration that got me to this point. If my posting is otherwise not welcome, vote me off or just plain PM me and tell me to foad. Thanks.

-Sam

I gotta say, that in all the time I've been on this Forum, I've never seen anyone step up & bite the bullit to tell the truth & do the right thing like you have done here.

I know it's a flaw that I have but typically, I tend to believe everything I'm told by whoever is speaking. I won't call someone a liar until I'm 100% sure they lied, 99% is not enough, I must be 100% sure. Then once I'm 100% sure I've been lied to, I never believe anything they say after that. That flaw has cost me a lot of money over the years. But your actions in making this right are for the first time in my life making me rethink the part where I never believe anything they say after having lied to me.

While, I think you should have taken the time to explain what actually happened from the get go, IMHO, you've redeemed yourself with honor.

A similar thing happened to me more than 20 years ago when I lived in Indiana. I bought a POS daily driver from a local "Used Car" dealer. I regestered it correctly in my name etc. While driving to work on the highway a week after I got it, the rear end in the car shifted to the rear because of frame rust. It shifted far enough to the rear that the parking brake came on & I slid to a stop. I got underneath the car & found a pc. of 2x4 wired up in place to try to keep the rear end where it belonged. I refined the placement of the lumber & gently drove it to the same dealer & traded it in on another better car. That POS set on the dealers lot for about 3 months & then they sold it at an auction. It was sold to another POS dealer in Chicago. While several of that dealers people were driving the cars they had bought at the auction back to Chicago, my old Lincoln broke down on the Interstate & was abandoned.

About 4 months after I traded it in, I got the same impound type notice that you got & I was going to be sued for the impound fees. Neither POS dealer was going to own up to the truth. Luckily, I still had the peperwork from when I traded it in & I proved that I no longer was the owner of that POS.

Anyway, enough about me.

Thanks for doing the right thing.

Thanks for your service & I hope your career stays on the fast track.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-06-2010).]

samt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for samtSend a Private Message to samtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...very simple really..XzotikGT take your bill of sale/title along with your father who was with you when you bought/paid for the car to the police and tell them your car was stolen before you had a chance to register it and that you now know where it is and who has and let them settle it ....Sam I'm not 100% sure you want this to happen...give the guy back the money he paid you for the car in good faith less what it cost to get the car out of the yard (this I don't understand as I had a car stolen that sat in a towing yard for two weeks they wanted something like 800,00 but that was waved as it was a stolen car,,once again maybe differant laws down there?) and save everyone a lot of time and trouble...problem you're not sure how much he paid was it 200 or 500...also you're not sure how much you paid to get the car out of the yard??????? you really want to handle this yourselves....thats my two cents free legal advice...all that said this is between two people not sure why its all up here for everyone to banter around...(including myself to which I appolgize to both of you) good luck with this mess...just take care of it off forum between yourselves,,guess I was bored yesterday....thats my only excuse...
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as the fiero forum refreshes....on this weeks episode. well its good to see what archie had to say id have to agree its hard to bite the bullet. and samt i dont think that would fly in the eyes of the police once they talked to keen he would say that xzotik had 2 years to register it and then the police would say xzotik your SOL.
samt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for samtSend a Private Message to samtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...as I said not for anyone here to decide what's right whats the law whats fair..up to the police or those two to settle it themselves....I'm not posting anymore on this I'm hoping others will consider doing the same..
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
over 5000 views in 2 weeks probably not the record but definatly impressive some one needs to keep this thread updated i mean its like watching the season finale of a show and then the power goes out 15 minutes before you find out who killed the butler! was it col. mustard in the library with the candle? I DONT KNOW!!! but i gotta find out!
mcaanda

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
I gotta say, that in all the time I've been on this Forum, I've never seen anyone step up & bite the bullit to tell the truth & do the right thing like you have done here.

Even tho I have reservations, I'd have to agree with this 1oo% if infact this what happened. That's alot of pride to swallow publicly for sure.
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

ETA - And that fact that he admitted to rocking his girlfriends plates illegally for two years doesn't make it look any better from here. You can switch plates between vehicles ONLY when they are owned or registered to the same person and you file the change with the DMV. They weren't even his plates.

As I said before the plates were mine, I showed yo were they came from, I told you where they were and how they ended up in the car.
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by samt:

...very simple really..XzotikGT take your bill of sale/title along with your father who was with you when you bought/paid for the car to the police and tell them your car was stolen before you had a chance to register it and that you now know where it is and who has and let them settle it ....Sam I'm not 100% sure you want this to happen...give the guy back the money he paid you for the car in good faith less what it cost to get the car out of the yard (this I don't understand as I had a car stolen that sat in a towing yard for two weeks they wanted something like 800,00 but that was waved as it was a stolen car,,once again maybe differant laws down there?) and save everyone a lot of time and trouble...problem you're not sure how much he paid was it 200 or 500...also you're not sure how much you paid to get the car out of the yard??????? you really want to handle this yourselves....thats my two cents free legal advice...all that said this is between two people not sure why its all up here for everyone to banter around...(including myself to which I appolgize to both of you) good luck with this mess...just take care of it off forum between yourselves,,guess I was bored yesterday....thats my only excuse...

He had plenty of time to register it though. From what I've read anyway. seems things are settling down...that is good.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the title he posted, the kid only payed 250 for the car. I think he got that out of it and caused much more than that to Keen. Both failed to file the paperwork, and the state has given the car back to keen. They're both out of money. They should move on.

Maybe give the kid his rims and books back, since you're not using either.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

As I said before the plates were mine, I showed yo were they came from, I told you where they were and how they ended up in the car.

They came from a car you parted out. They still weren't properly transferred, thus illegal, even if they were your plates.
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by neverendingproject:

Now he has taken the car from X, claiming it was his own when he had already sold it and he took the impound lot by telling a story to elicit sympathy. Had they known the real story they wouldn't have given it to him let alone cut him a huge break.

Okay after getting off the phone with a member, apparently I need to clarify this.

I said it was stolen on PFF to avoid tying to explain the nightmare of having my clearance held over me. Thats work related drama, and not exactly the business of public forum.

I never said anything like that to the towing company. I explained the situation to them the same way both X and I have here. I sold it two years ago. They could have boned me for 4k. They didn't. They were sympathetic because they were sympathetic to my situation. I just came back from Afghanistan with a unit that took wildly publicized and record breaking losses in combat and then found that in addition replacing all of my stuff that was stolen, I had to pony up several thousand for impound fees or possibly lose my clearance over a 500 dollar car with a shot motor that I sold two years ago.
Englishrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EnglishrafeSend a Private Message to EnglishrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CommanderKeen
You have served your Country with honor and valor.
Your explanation of this unfortunate situation is totally understandable.
In your shoes, I may well have made the same dubious judgment calls in order to keep my sanity. To find that you are liable for a car that you sold two years ago on top of everything else that you have endured recently – wow, I don't know how you managed !?
On top of that, you are of course a man of honor who has publicly tried to rectify his mistakes – again I am not sure I would have had enough courage to do that !
Sir, you have my utmost respect.

XzotikGT
Yes you bought the car, but no, you did not do the right thing as far as getting the paperwork in your name.
This mistake led to the mess that has been discussed by this thread.
Next time you buy a car, do it right by the paperwork and take the full responsibility of the ownership of the vehicle, including all the responsibilities of reporting thefts when they happen to the Police, paying the impound fees etc…
You should never drive around in a car that is not legally yours and you should not be upset when the law reassigns ownership back to the last known legal owner ! As I said before, you must assume your responsibility when purchasing a car.
Now that I've had my say on the matter, can we get back to seeing the progress of this build ?
I really would like to see more of the hatchback conversion (with a wing if possible ?) and the work on the nose.

Any new pics…..?

[This message has been edited by Englishrafe (edited 11-07-2010).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Englishrafe:
Now that I've had my say on the matter, can we get back to seeing the progress of this build ?
I really would like to see more of the hatchback conversion (with a wing if possible ?) and the work on the nose.

Any new pics…..?

The day before the car left here & before this thread blew up, I took some pics of the Hatchback with a wing on the back.

Keep in mind that the wing still had the mounting studs in place, so the actual height of the wing would be slightly lower. I had Kris hold the wing in place for these pics.

Here is the wing on the hatch in the stock Fiero location. I measured the location as the distance from the back edge of the Hatch to put it in the same location as it's located on the original decklid.

Note that the base of the wing stands would have to be modified to match the shape of the hatch in that area.

Now, here are some pics with the wing mounted 2.5" farther back on the hatch.

Note with the wing at this location the bases of the wing stands would need less modification to match the hatch.

Archie
mcaanda

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the wing is icing on the cake and really finishes it off for sure.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

I think the wing is icing on the cake and really finishes it off for sure.

Yeah, I kinda like the clean look (W/O wing) too.........

I think everyone needs one of each.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. The area was dull and needed some "pop" and wing did the trick. It also draws your eyes away from the 350Z glass balancing out the area.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Is there a reason for not bridging the two paths of flow for "equalization" of pressure? I'm considering changing up my exhaust soon to true duals and had planned an "H" pipe design. Any adverse affects of not doing an H or X?

This question was asked a few days ago. It just seems like it was a month ago.

We've done a bridge pipe before on several of the LS swaps. The 1st one was on Troy's LS7 swap.

I've got no proof of advantages or dis-advantages of doing it.

It's mostly a matter of customer preference.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Englishrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EnglishrafeSend a Private Message to EnglishrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the wing does it for me !
A little lower and maybe further back, rather like with the "stealth" wing feet that one can buy on another Fiero site.

I like this hatchback conversion - shame you don't have a shop in Europe !
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the spoiler gives it a pretty good "pop".

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-07-2010).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My opinion is if the exhaust is free flowing it should be fine without a balance tube. Mine is true duels and it has a lot of grunt and top end. 2 1/2 pipe to some very free flowing mufflers.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wel, maybe i musn`t ask this, but how anyone without money to pay impound fees can pay for Archies work, and later Norm`s ?
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

X2

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chelo Fiero:

Wel, maybe i musn`t ask this, but how anyone without money to pay impound fees can pay for Archies work, and later Norm`s ?

He was waiting for some check from the govt if i recall correctly that wasnt to come untill it would be too late. He states that he had a two day window that this all took place in
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya the wing is ok it seems a little exesive it seems to just crowd a free flowing design. but the spoiler does give it that little flare it could use. i would love one like that it seems awesome does archie finance? lol in the words of vin diesel "not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars"
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chelo Fiero:

The DOD offers a 10 percent interest savings for deployed soldiers on up to 10k. Depending on your S1 shop it can take a week or a month to get. The rest of my savings were in CD's. I also spent most of my available cash savings upon return from AFG to replace stuff that was stolen or broken. Once insurance paid off and my CDs opened up, and my savings came around it wasn't an issue. But I only had a few days to clear the impound from when I received the letter to the auction date.
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CommanderKeen

651 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Archie

I spent alot of time thinking about the lip spoiler, which looks great. But, I wanted to see how it looks in person before considering a spoiler.

I'm sure I'll get flak for it, but I really like the backend of the crossfire, and with no spoiler the hatchback fills in that look a little. But either way, I'll see when I gets here.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock