Started on: 04-09-2024 05:20 PM
Replies: 105 (1171 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-07-2024 11:51 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could have sworn this thread was about the writings and speeches by Victor Davis Hanson......

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-17-2024).]

IP: Logged
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

THE FBI HAS NEVER CLAIMED THE CRIME RATE HAS DROPPED JUST BECAUSE SOME AGENCIES STOPPED REPORTING. IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.

The FBI never claims the crime rate goes up. It does not work like that !
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36028 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by olejoedad:
I could have sworn this thread was about the writings and speeches by Victor Davis Hanson......

Joe, I have been following all of your posts by Victor Davis Hanson. I am a fan.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks cliffw, he is a true student of history, an accomplished author of historical nonfiction and a great thinker.

More people should pay attention to his works, because, as we all know....

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks cliffw, he is a true student of history, an accomplished author of historical nonfiction and a great thinker.

More people should pay attention to his works, because, as we all know....

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

I'm an avid reader, and listener, of everything that VDH produces. My personal library includes many of his books.

VDH's works on the late stages of WW2 and into the Cold War are especially instructive in understanding the genesis of our present sociopolitical mess.

Shelby Foote is also one of my favorite historians on the American Civil War and my library includes at least 20 of his works. There is a tremendous amount to be learned about the antebellum and post war fetid Demorat party from his books.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-17-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2024 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
I'm an avid reader, and listener, of everything that VDH produces. My personal library includes many of his books.

VDH's works on the late stages of WW2 and into the Cold War are especially instructive in understanding the genesis of our present sociopolitical mess.

Shelby Foote is also one of my favorite historians on the American Civil War and my library includes at least 20 of his works. There is a tremendous amount to be learned about the antebellum and post war fetid Demorat party from his books.

gee did you ever learn the southern democratic party was as conservative THEN as you are NOW ?
ie full nut-con
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2024 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You will have to study your classical history to even understand where and when the events discussed happened.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2024 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
gee did you ever learn the southern democratic party was as conservative THEN as you are NOW ?
ie full nut-con

Gee, do you realize President John F Kennedy (D) was as conservative THEN as we are now ?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2024 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The FBI never claims the crime rate goes up. It does not work like that !

WTF???

I can post thousands of examples of the FBI commenting on the rise of the crime rate over recent years.

Are you high?

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2024 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1222 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Shelby Foote preserved a lot of historical data, but his understanding of history is kind of weak. He actually claimed that the "people in the south thought that slavery would die out on its own" and that "state's rights was the solution". But that makes zero historical sense when you see that The Constitution of the Confederacy made it illegal to outlaw slavery. That is the exact OPPOSIT of "States' Rights". If the Confederacy was about "states' rights" the states would have the right to make their wn decision on slavery. But they didn't. The whole "states' rights" argument is silly when you look at the Confederacy's Constitution.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2024 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BingB, could you please have the courtesy to start a thread about crime stats, and quit sidetracking this topic?
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2024 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shelby Foote preserved a lot of historical data, but his understanding of history is kind of weak.

I guess that we shall have to breathlessly await your books on the Civil War to rectify all that others are "weak" on, as you claim.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2024 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB, could you please have the courtesy to start a thread about crime stats, and quit sidetracking this topic?

You will have to talk to Cliff about that.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1222 posts
Member since Nov 2023

I guess that we shall have to breathlessly await your books on the Civil War to rectify all that others are "weak" on, as you claim.

It is impossible to claim that every person who wrote book is correct because people write books with conflicting positions.

I did not post my opinion. I posted one of Foote's and showed why it made no sense. What is written in the Constitution of the Confederacy is not an "opinion" it is fact. It is impossible to claim that the Confederacy was going to give the states the rights to decide on slavery when their Constitution said it was illegal to ever ban slavery. The States if the Confederacy had NO "RIGHTS" when it came to slavery.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2024 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You will have to talk to Cliff about that.

Actually, it's very simple for you to start a thread about crime stats, and etc.

Go for it!
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2024 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, it's very simple for you to start a thread about crime stats, and etc.

Go for it!

Will you please stop derailing this thread with your request for me to start a new thread.

We stopped talking about crime stats but you just won't let it go.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2024 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will you please stop derailing this thread with your request for me to start a new thread.

We stopped talking about crime stats but you just won't let it go.

Read between the lines...

✋
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2024 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When fred says "Stay on topic" that is as close to an admission of failure as he will ever proffer.

He will start an argument based on what he perceives as "special knowledge", then when he is defeated, he will demand that we drop it.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More from VDH....

https://www.realclearpoliti...ry_times_151029.html

Republican claim to be populist supporters of the middle class, yet they oppose every single policy that would aid the middle class.

The right opposes unions and nothing in history has helped the middle class more than unions.

The right opposes universal health care.

The right supports tariffs paid by middle class citizens to help corporate profits.

The Trump administration only gave individuals a temporary tax break, but made the one to corporations permanent.

The right opposes an estate tax.

The right supports oil companies gouging middle class for record profits and even help by telling everyone Biden is to blame.

The right opposes family planning for the poor and middle class to help them better their condition.

The right opposes the wealthy paying the same rate of FICA that the middle class has to pay.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2024 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Professor Victor Davis Hanson at his best ....

https://amgreatness.com/202...ericas-weakest-link/

The question is this ...

Are you part of the problem, or are you part of the solution?

I know where I have stood my entire adult life.

Do you?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 06-04-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2024 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Professor Victor Davis Hanson at his best ....

https://amgreatness.com/202...ericas-weakest-link/

The question is this ...

Are you part of the problem,nor are you part of the solution.

I know where I have stood my entire adult life.

Do you?

Thanks for the link.

You know, considering Dr. Hansen's deep knowledge on the genesis of geopolitical turmoil, world conflicts. regime changes and all out wars, his current rather "bleak" outlook in his articles should give everyone pause. Unfortunately there is a certain ideological portion of the population that will refuse to even read Dr. Hansen's viewpoints and, of course, are the same people complicit in determining the destructive path we seem destined to follow.

As someone once said about where we seem to be headed: "You can vote your way in but you have to shoot your way out."

I've always wanted to ask Dr. Hansen, based on his historical knowledge, at what point does he think that "the guns will come out."

"The law of unintended consequences" that may be coming could very well be swift and horrifying beyond imagination.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-04-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2024 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more good reasons to see your side for exactly what it is

THE DARK SIDE
superstition cult leadership and greed with amped up fear
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2024 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

more good reasons to see your side for exactly what it is

THE DARK SIDE
superstition cult leadership and greed with amped up fear

Meaningless drivel.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2024 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Hanson is certainly prolific in his writing.

https://x.com/VDHanson/status/1798109656113668541

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2024 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock