Started on: 04-09-2024 05:20 PM
Replies: 105 (1171 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-07-2024 11:51 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2024 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

( snip)

It is only a tool

(snip)

Kinda like BingBoy?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-11-2024).]

IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2024 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Kinda like BingBoy?

OK, that cracked me up!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2024 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Says the man with no clue.

Crime stats don't come from police or prosecuting attorneys. They come from victim surveys.

Prove it Mr Evidence !

Geesh. The statistics come from polls, ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2024 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Prove it Mr Evidence !

When fred wants to prove how smart and centrist he is, he does a quick google search and posts the first thing he finds. Propagandists count on such behavior and that is how leftists are indoctrinated. Fred is happy, his keepers are happy and distillers of cheap whiskey are happy.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2024 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19764 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Want proof? Google Trump. You will find everything that rayb says at the top of the page.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2024 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When fred wants to prove how smart and centrist he is, he does a quick google search and posts the first thing he finds. Propagandists count on such behavior and that is how leftists are indoctrinated. Fred is happy, his keepers are happy and distillers of cheap whiskey are happy.

I forgot, early this month my Wife suggested I make BingBong know that May is mental health awareness month. All kinds of advice on google.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-12-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2024 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THERE IS no cure for TDS

sorry but there is no cure

you will be deranged and deplorable rump support gang/ cult members

until you get yourself informed and learn the truth

there is a real reason they call you CON's

your leader is a CON-MAN
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2024 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prove it Mr Evidence !

https://ncvs.bjs.ojp.gov/Home

The National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) data on both personal and property victimization, by select victim, household, and incident characteristics.

The NCVS is the nation’s primary source of information on criminal victimization.
It is an annual data collection sponsored by the Bureau of Justice Statistics. The NCVS collects information from a nationally representative sample of U.S. households on nonfatal crimes, reported and not reported to the police, against persons age 12 or older.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 05-12-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2024 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1222 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Funny thing is that none of you are even capable of doing enough internet research to prove that I am wrong.

You just believe whatever you are told to believe. You don't even attempt to do any research because you are afraid of what you might find. You are much happier just finding some people who agree with you.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2024 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny thing is that none of you are even capable of doing enough internet research to prove that I am wrong.

You just believe whatever you are told to believe. You don't even attempt to do any research because you are afraid of what you might find. You are much happier just finding some people who agree with you.

Crime stats don't come from police or prosecuting attorneys. They come from victim surveys.

You are wrong.

https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-...-and-information/ucr

The UCR Program includes data from more than 18,000 city, university and college, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies. Agencies participate voluntarily and submit their crime data either through a state UCR program or directly to the FBI's UCR Program.

Now run along and let the adults talk.

EDIT: While creating my last post, I inadvertently overwrote this one. I have done my best to reconstruct it.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-13-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2024 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19764 posts
Member since Mar 2009
The NCVS is used to supplement data from the UCR. The NCVS contains only limited data on certain crimes.

Now run along and let the adults talk.
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2024 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never said there were no other sources of information on crime. Bt the information provided by law enforcement is spotty because not all agencies are required to report.

Also this reporting does not measure crimes that are committed but not reported to police.

Anytime you see any national crime statistics they usually from the Bureau of Justice victim survey. It is the most reliable source. In fact it is specifically designed to avoid the problem of police claiming crime is dropping just because they are not doing their jobs.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never said there were no other sources of information on crime.

You said:

You are wrong again. I proved that crime stats do come from police. The FBI is the clearing house for crime stats.

You are wrong again.

This is another reason that there is no point in discussing anything with you. You just can't be honest.

The only difference in you and rayb is that he has been pounding on his keyboard so hard for so long that half the keys fell off. Keep at it, you'll get there.

R, U, B and E have already broken. I predict W, T, F and ? will break next.

Now, run along and play. The neighborhood kids are getting a game together and they need a Pom-Pom girl.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2024 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19764 posts
Member since Mar 2009
For anyone who might want to learn about or intelligently discuss the issue of crime statistics (as opposed to just trying to start an argument), here is some information: https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/ntcm_2014.pdf

I posted this a few years ago, when the same issue came up.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2024 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's get back to the original point I was making regarding crime stats. Try to keep it about the topic instead of obsessing on me.

Here is what said USFiero said

Originally posted by USFiero:

Reported crime is down because the FBI made it optional to report crime (I guess it might be too burdensome) so cities like New York and LA stopped reporting. Víola! Less crime! Make certain crimes not criminal (like raise the thresholds of $ amount to be theft) and poof! Crime be gone! Have DAs publicly state they will not pursue certain offenses and ta da! No crime! Where'd it go? Can't fund the police/911? A crime doesn't exist if you can't report it or no one responds. That must be fake news.

What he said is not true. You can't just reduce crime stats by having the police and/or DA stop reporting or enforcing, That is one of the main purposes of the NCVS and it is the primary source of crime stats because it includes crimes that are not reported by the victim ot the authorities.

That was the point I was making

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2024 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's get back to the original point I was making regarding crime stats. Try to keep it about the topic instead of obsessing on me.

Because you are wrong again.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....NCVS and it is the primary source of crime stats.....

You were already shot down, (TWICE), with your lame bullshit. You just can't handle being without the spotlight on yourself. Move on.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-16-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
You your were already shot down, (TWICE), with your lame bullshit. You just can't handle being without the spotlight on yourself. Move on.

Because you are wrong again.

I was not wrong. I was 100 correct in pointing out that you can not make the crime rate go down just by police and prosecutors failing to report crime. The NCVS makes that impossible. The fact that the FBI also collects arrest data fro crime statistics does not change that FACT at all.

Soemtimes you guys get so obsessed with attacking me that you completely forget that we are discussing a topic.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

People who think they are winning on the internet just by saying they are winning are pathetic.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prove it Mr Evidence !

https://ncvs.bjs.ojp.gov/Home

The National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) data on both personal and property victimization, by select victim, household, and incident characteristics.

The NCVS is the nation’s primary source of information on criminal victimization.

It is an annual data collection sponsored by the Bureau of Justice Statistics. The NCVS collects information from a nationally representative sample of U.S. households on nonfatal crimes, reported and not reported to the police, against persons age 12 or older.

So tell us dingbat, how does the NCVS find these victims of crimes which were not reported ?

Tell us genius, how large of a sample does their poll take into account ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the link I provided above:

The UCR includes, but the NCVS excludes, homicide, arson, commercial crimes, and crimes against children under age 12.

So, in fredville, murder, arson and crimes against children don't count.

But, whatever Trump does is a crime against our democracy, and more importantly it endangers the LBJ+QRM=x-men community.

My nickname in high school was "Honeycreeper"
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2024 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:So tell us dingbat, how does the NCVS find these victims of crimes which were not reported ?

It is called a "survey". They use things called "questions". It is really amazing. They find people who have not been victims of crimes. They find people who have been victims of crimes and report it to police. And they find people who have been victims of crimes, but have not reported it to police.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2024 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is called a "survey". They use things called "questions". It is really amazing. They find people who have not been victims of crimes. They find people who have been victims of crimes and report it to police. And they find people who have been victims of crimes, but have not reported it to police.

They just "find" them huh?

29 people in my family fall into one or more of your nut-bag "survey" categories.

NONE of them have ever received one of your nut-bag "surveys"

Has anyone else here or someone in their family EVER received one of fred's nut-bag "surveys"?

Tell us all "fred", exactly how they "find" your various categories of people.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-15-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2024 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred has painted himself into a corner again and is not man enough to admit that he made a mistake.

"I know for a fact that all cows are made of sawdust."

Uh, no fred, they are not.

"I never said pine trees are cows. You rubes just aren't smart enough to know that a man in Iowa carved a log into a cow with a chainsaw."
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2024 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fred has painted himself into a corner again and is not man enough to admit that he made a mistake.

"I never said pine trees are cows. You rubes just aren't smart enough to know that a man in Iowa carved a log into a cow with a chainsaw."

The rhetorical antics of an adolescent mind.

Q: "So tell us dingbat, how does the NCVS find these people?"

A: "They find people."

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-15-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are a nation of about 350 million.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36028 posts
Member since Jun 2003

None of that is true !

They do not find people who have not been victims of crimes. They do not find people who have been victims of crimes and report it to police. And they do not find people who have been victims of crimes, but have not reported it to police.

Why do you constantly insist your opinions are fact ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PERCENT OF RAPES REPORTED

''(from RAINN/Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network www.rainn.org, most sexual assault statistics are based on what has been reported to law enforcement, many statistics are thought to be low because only 30% of sexual assaults are ever reported.)

Facts and Statistics - Central MN Sexual Assault Center
Central MN Sexual Assault Center
https://cmsac.org › facts-and-statistics''

WONDER WHERE THEY GOT THAT DATA FROM ?

A RAYGUN QUOTE

''YOU KNOW SO MUCH
THAT JUST AIN'T TRUE ! ''

just because you never saw it
that doesNOT mean it can't be
it just means you didNOT LOOK
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12743 posts
Member since Jan 2001

The rhetorical antics of an adolescent mind.

Q: "So tell us dingbat, how does the NCVS find these people?"

A: "They find people."

SOS no data just insults
do you offer any thing here ?
or just cult BS
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

WONDER WHERE THEY GOT THAT DATA FROM ?

Probably from stolen diaries.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably from stolen diaries.

page number ?

oh you got NOTHING AGAIN ?

BUT WANT TO LIE ABOUT JOE

HAVE YOU NO SHAME SIR
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh you got NOTHING AGAIN ?

That is a concise assessment of your sense of humor.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None of that is true !

They do not find people who have not been victims of crimes. They do not find people who have been victims of crimes and report it to police. And they do not find people who have been victims of crimes, but have not reported it to police.

Why do you constantly insist your opinions are fact ?

Then who answers their survey questions?

How can you have a survey with no people?

Are you claiming the entire NCVS is just a hoax?

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1222 posts
Member since Nov 2023

They just "find" them huh?

29 people in my family fall into one or more of your nut-bag "survey" categories.

NONE of them have ever received one of your nut-bag "surveys"

Has anyone else here or someone in their family EVER received one of fred's nut-bag "surveys"?

Tell us all "fred", exactly how they "find" your various categories of people.

So the NCVS does not really exists? Is that what you are4 claiming?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1222 posts
Member since Nov 2023

We are a nation of about 350 million.

https://bjs.ojp.gov/data-collection/ncvs

Each year, data are obtained from a nationally representative sample of about 240,000 persons in about 150,000 households.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2024 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1222 posts
Member since Nov 2023

I n ever made a mistake.

I said that it was impossible to reduce crime rate just by police and prosecutors refusing to report crime. And I am 100% correct about that.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I n ever made a mistake.

I said that it was impossible to reduce crime rate just by police and prosecutors refusing to report crime. And I am 100% correct about that.

These folks say that you are WRONG .......again

https://www.vera.org/news/y...always-needed-better

"To estimate national trends, the FBI collects crime reports from thousands of law enforcement agencies across the country. Last year, the FBI—through the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program—made significant changes to how local, county, state, tribal, and federal agencies submit their data. Now, agencies can only submit reports through one system—NIBRS—requiring a big administrative shift among police departments and other law enforcement agencies, and substantially more detailed input. As a result, participation plummeted. Of the 18,000 agencies in the country, only half submitted a full year’s worth of data. Only 63 percent submitted any data at all".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-17-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A RAYGUN QUOTE

''YOU KNOW SO MUCH
THAT JUST AIN'T TRUE ! ''

just because you never saw it

that doesNOT mean it can't be

it just means you did NOT LOOK

I like that. .

I have a question for you. Why is everything you post in caps yet your user name is all small letters ?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More from VDH, a REAL student of History....

https://www.realclearpoliti...strategy_150959.html

Be sure to read the comments.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2024 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These folks say that you are WRONG .......again

https://www.vera.org/news/y...always-needed-better

"To estimate national trends, the FBI collects crime reports from thousands of law enforcement agencies across the country. Last year, the FBI—through the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program—made significant changes to how local, county, state, tribal, and federal agencies submit their data. Now, agencies can only submit reports through one system—NIBRS—requiring a big administrative shift among police departments and other law enforcement agencies, and substantially more detailed input. As a result, participation plummeted. Of the 18,000 agencies in the country, only half submitted a full year’s worth of data. Only 63 percent submitted any data at all".

You don't even understand the point I am making. . .

THE FBI HAS NEVER CLAIMED THE CRIME RATE HAS DROPPED JUST BECAUSE SOME AGENCIES STOPPED REPORTING. IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock