Started on: 01-09-2023 06:42 PM
Replies: 129 (1830 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 06-11-2023 06:07 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

By default, it seems you blindly accept anything and everything the left tells you, but you immediately reject everything the right tells you.

Everything that's going on right now is about control:

1 - the constant attack on gun ownership to remove guns from the populace so they will not be a threat
2 - the completely open borders intended to overwhelm the system
3 - Eliminate energy options for the sole purpose of having a single choke-point and means of control

... list goes on. Those pulling the strings want to have control, and they can ONLY do that by controlling the United States. They can ONLY control the United States by limiting the power of the citizenry, and the ability for them to operate autonomously.

Seriously Rinse... your assumption that I'm being misleading is so out there. Do you really think of ALL the things the Democrats could pick that would help the environment right now, that gas stoves are actually important?

It's important enough to want to incentivize home and apartment builders and homeowners and landlords to choose electric ranges and ovens over gas ranges and ovens; especially the very energy efficient electric induction cooktops and hotplates.

First of all, to reduce the indoors air contamination from gas-fired cooking ranges and ovens. The research is solid enough to link gas-fired cooking ranges and ovens to increased case numbers of childhood asthma and respiratory ailments in general. And secondly, as a small but not negligibly small reduction in planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions, including (but not entirely limited to) carbon dioxide from the combustion of the natural gas, and methane from the incomplete combustion of the natural gas and from gas leaks, which are inevitable and result in methane and other greenhouse gas emissions even when the kitchen ranges and ovens are not being used.

Some states and localities have gone ahead on their own, at the state and local level, with laws or ordinances to require the installation of electric (and forbid gas) cooking ranges and ovens in new residential construction.

I don't expect anything at the federal level except for the possibility of incentivizing the use of electric (instead of gas) by setting more stringent standards for home appliances (including cooking ranges and ovens) based on metrics for energy efficiency and air contaminants. If the manufacturers of gas cooktops and ovens can compete with electric on these (projected) higher standards... so be it.

I think it's the Republicans that are trying to make "gas stoves" into a cause celebre, more than the Democrats.
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I think it's the Republicans that are trying to make "gas stoves" into a cause celebre, more than the Democrats.

Republicans, free men are once again making Freedom the cause celebre. It is certainly not the Democrats.

It just wouldn't do to have a serf wander off the reservation in pursuit of happiness. Who would pick the crops and mow your lawn?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
That is the hallmark of the rank and file of the New American Left. It is a “lifestyle”, a faith, a religion. Opinion is sacrilege, dissension is blasphemy. Individuality is grounds for excommunication.

They have been assimulated by the Borg.

It is hilarious to see, except it is sad and worry some.

They were not paying attention when it was recognized that "a mind is a terrible thing to waste".
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ChatRI, does your basement have a low-flow 1 gallon toilet for all the sh!t you produce/post? Hope you only use 1 or 2 squares... I'm curious how crickets fried on an energy efficient induction stove with a glass of cockroach milk would plug up ones low-flow.

Or maybe you just enjoy having it 'pushed in' and packed by Big Mafia Gov with it's rainbow 'wand'?
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Republicans, free men are once again making Freedom the cause celebre. It is certainly not the Democrats.

It just wouldn't do to have a serf wander off the reservation in pursuit of happiness. Who would pick the crops and mow your lawn?

free to only do as you are told by the WE SAY SO CULT

as most otherstuff is outlawed by your cults

free to do it in the road
well the cult does not like that

free to take off your pants

free to do only what your cult approves
that is what the cult demands
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's important enough to want to incentivize home and apartment builders and homeowners and landlords to choose electric ranges and ovens over gas ranges and ovens; especially the very energy efficient electric induction cooktops and hotplates.

And let's talk about this again.

Gas is insanely cheap. Why would you want to restrict people from being allowed to use gas stoves, and to DISCOURAGE home builders from providing OPTIONS to home owners?

I don't know what the weather is like year-round in the birthplace of Atari, Sunnyvale. But north of the Florida border, it gets pretty cold in the winter, and so it's really nice for homes to be able to have both gas and electric to heat their homes. None of this is about saving the environment. If it was, they would mandate a nation-wide recycling program, and instituted a program that used some of that shitty corn subsidy bull **** to make biodegradable packaging at fast food and other places, so that all the waste packaging doesn't have to go into land-fills.

Instead, like with everything else, Democrats focus 99% of their energy on 1% of the problem. I used to think this was just because they were retarded and didn't know any better. But now I know that it's ACTUALLY because they are extremely insidious, nefarious, and quite frankly completely evil. Their followers are clueless to pretty much everything going on. Even after we go through the three-stages of truth on literally every failed conspiracy-turned-fact, you people still allow yourselves to be taken by the most absurd nonsense.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gas is insanely cheap.

And nobody but nobody would chose "cheap" over wise, right? lol

I know that it's ACTUALLY because they (democrats, liberals, leftists, etc) are extremely insidious, nefarious, and quite frankly completely evil. Their followers are clueless to pretty much everything going on.

Keep the jokes coming, Todd... they're awesome!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

free to only do as you are told by the WE SAY SO CULT

as most otherstuff is outlawed by your cults

free to do it in the road

free to take off your pants

free to do only what your cult approves
that is what the cult demands

So, what you are saying is that it is the Republicans who want to ban kitchen appliances. I got it.

I have done many things in the road, including remove my pants. Nobody tried to stop me. In fact, it made some conservatives very happy. I am a free man. I am a conservative.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2023 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used to think this was just because they were retarded and didn't know any better. But now I know that it's ACTUALLY because they are extremely insidious, nefarious, and quite frankly completely evil. Their followers are clueless to pretty much everything going on. Even after we go through the three-stages of truth on literally every failed conspiracy-turned-fact, you people still allow yourselves to be taken by the most absurd nonsense.

Ever notice how in fiction movies, the villains are the ones who release/recruit serious criminals from prisons?

Look at present day non fiction.
And look at how those who're caught are released by certain "special" district attorney's. Charges reduced or dropped. Young single men coming over the southern border with ease.

Life imitates art.
Or does art desensitize ones self for what is to come?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2023 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Making the Switch to Induction Stoves or Cooktops"
U.S. Department of Energy; May 11, 2023.
https://www.energy.gov/arti...20electric%20ranges.

Why induction cooking is such a "gas"

Because induction cooking appliances only create heat through pots and pans on their surfaces, they are much more energy efficient than traditional cooktop appliances. Induction appliances are up to three times more energy efficient than gas stoves, and up to 10% more energy efficient than conventional or "resistance" electric ranges.

Induction stoves are also free of the indoor air pollutants that come from gas stoves: burning gas for cooking produces nitrous oxides (NOX), carbon monoxide (CO), and formaldehyde (HCHO), which can have negative health effects and exacerbate respiratory conditions. According to a 2022 study, 12.7% of current childhood asthma in the United States is attributable to gas stove use.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock