Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  FieroHub.com - The online Fiero registry (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroHub.com - The online Fiero registry by blyfot
Started on: 12-14-2021 08:00 AM
Replies: 145 (4759 views)
Last post by: blyfot on 04-02-2024 02:11 PM
blyfot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2023 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

We have changed the graph for Fiero buy price trends on the valuation page, to make it easier to understand.

https://fierohub.com/valuation/

IP: Logged
Time Traveller

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2023 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Time TravellerClick Here to visit Time Traveller's HomePageSend a Private Message to Time TravellerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a blast! This is a great utility, and I hope to see a good census of all the cars still out there. Hopefully this will help to the location and preservation of as many of these beauties as possible. I'll spread the word when I can!
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

Added possibility to write comments to Fiero links & places.

https://fierohub.com/places/

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2023 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

Added a VIN check tool, where you can get information about a Pontiac Fiero based on the VIN number.

More information is shown when a car is registered in FieroHub, since we then know things like color and other options that are not possible to get from VIN.

https://fierohub.com/vin/

armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm adding a car that I junked about 2 years ago.
Some issues I see:

- It appears that the car will automatically be placed at my current location? I think the location should show where it was when it was junked. I am 3000 miles away from where the car was when it disappeared. I would like the record to show where the car last existed, not where I live now.
- Going further with that, it might be cool if we could give various locations for the car at different times, showing where it lived over the years. I got the car in a different state than where it expired, and I know at least a little about it's prior history from a previous owner's paperwork I found in the car.

- There is an option to say that I do not own the car. This would technically be the correct answer - it belongs to a junkyard, and in fact I'm sure by now it's been recirculated into Coke cans or something.
Will answering that I don't own the car mean that I can't edit the car later? This is why I hesitated to give that answer. I am the last "real" owner of the car who can say anything about it. Nobody else will ever register the car because it doesn't exist anymore.
I suspect that maybe this option was intended for people who want to register a random car that they saw parked somewhere. In my case I'm registering a car that I did own, and have detailed knowledge of.

- It's unclear to me if I can edit everything later. Do I need to fill it in perfectly on the first try? Hopefully I can come back and make edits later, but it should tell me if that's the case.

- When specifying the car's options, I don't understand why "No/Unknown" is the same option. It's not "unknown", I KNOW that the answer is "NO".
Yes, No, Unknown should all be separate options. You could also use a separate null option if the user has not made a selection - or you could default to Unknown - I'm not sure which would be best.

- The car's odometer quit working. I have an estimate for it's real mileage but I also know what the odometer says. Perhaps this situation should be addressed - where I can enter the odometer mileage but also indicate that it's not correct, and give my estimate of the real mileage. As it stands, I'm just entering my estimate.

- I think factory options and modifications should both be recorded separately. Both are potentially interesting to somebody.
Keeping this data could even be interesting for statistics - somebody might be curious how many registered 1984-85 cars have had 3rd brake lights added, for example, or a breakdown of different engine swaps that have been done to 4cyl and V6 cars, how many have had spoilers or luggage racks removed or added, body style modifications, etc.
Depending how complicated you want to make it, you could simply have 2 copies of the Options (factory and current status), or you could have each modification recorded as a separate event with a date for when it was performed (allow vague ranges or Unknown).
- If you record dated modifications, the same structure could also record dated repairs.

- The color selections might be more engaging (and easier to understand) if you added a graphic of a Fiero and showed the color on the car. Failing that, just show a static diagram of what each color refers to.
I wasn't sure what "Lower Trim Paint" was, but from somebody else's post I guess it refers to the color of ground effects on GTs. The car I'm adding is a bumperpad notchback, red with black trim. The rockers are black but those are below the door, not on top of it. In this case I'm not sure if I should be picking red or black here, but I went with red.

Thanks for setting up the site.
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some great feedback here. Thanks!

Originally posted by armos:
I'm adding a car that I junked about 2 years ago.
Some issues I see:

- It appears that the car will automatically be placed at my current location? I think the location should show where it was when it was junked. I am 3000 miles away from where the car was when it disappeared. I would like the record to show where the car last existed, not where I live now.
- Going further with that, it might be cool if we could give various locations for the car at different times, showing where it lived over the years. I got the car in a different state than where it expired, and I know at least a little about it's prior history from a previous owner's paperwork I found in the car.

Yes, all cars will display at your current location. The thing we did to address the scrapped cars was to not show them at any specific location (when selecting "No" for "Owned by me").
Will think about a way to specify other location, per car.

- There is an option to say that I do not own the car. This would technically be the correct answer - it belongs to a junkyard, and in fact I'm sure by now it's been recirculated into Coke cans or something.
Will answering that I don't own the car mean that I can't edit the car later? This is why I hesitated to give that answer. I am the last "real" owner of the car who can say anything about it. Nobody else will ever register the car because it doesn't exist anymore.

Cars where you select "Not owned by me" can still be edited by you. Will try to clarify that.
You can Edit your car and change this option to "No" if you like.

I suspect that maybe this option was intended for people who want to register a random car that they saw parked somewhere. In my case I'm registering a car that I did own, and have detailed knowledge of.

There is no way to say that it WAS owned by you. The "Other information" text can be used for providing this information, for now.

- It's unclear to me if I can edit everything later. Do I need to fill it in perfectly on the first try? Hopefully I can come back and make edits later, but it should tell me if that's the case.

Yes, you can edit everything later (except the VIN).

- When specifying the car's options, I don't understand why "No/Unknown" is the same option. It's not "unknown", I KNOW that the answer is "NO".
Yes, No, Unknown should all be separate options. You could also use a separate null option if the user has not made a selection - or you could default to Unknown - I'm not sure which would be best.

Valid point. Will separate No and Unknown.

- The car's odometer quit working. I have an estimate for it's real mileage but I also know what the odometer says. Perhaps this situation should be addressed - where I can enter the odometer mileage but also indicate that it's not correct, and give my estimate of the real mileage. As it stands, I'm just entering my estimate.

The intension is to enter the actual milage, rather than what the meter says.

- I think factory options and modifications should both be recorded separately. Both are potentially interesting to somebody.
Keeping this data could even be interesting for statistics - somebody might be curious how many registered 1984-85 cars have had 3rd brake lights added, for example, or a breakdown of different engine swaps that have been done to 4cyl and V6 cars, how many have had spoilers or luggage racks removed or added, body style modifications, etc.
Depending how complicated you want to make it, you could simply have 2 copies of the Options (factory and current status), or you could have each modification recorded as a separate event with a date for when it was performed (allow vague ranges or Unknown).
- If you record dated modifications, the same structure could also record dated repairs.

There is a trade off here, between keeping it simple and enabling these cool things that you describe.
Will give some thinking around this.

- The color selections might be more engaging (and easier to understand) if you added a graphic of a Fiero and showed the color on the car. Failing that, just show a static diagram of what each color refers to.
I wasn't sure what "Lower Trim Paint" was, but from somebody else's post I guess it refers to the color of ground effects on GTs. The car I'm adding is a bumperpad notchback, red with black trim. The rockers are black but those are below the door, not on top of it. In this case I'm not sure if I should be picking red or black here, but I went with red.

Thanks for setting up the site.

Agree, color options can be described better.

Great feedback, much appreciated!

/ Mikael, FieroHub
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have made some improvements to the registration page, and added car "avatars" to visualise model/color selections.
These avatars are also shown for cars that does not have a real photo in the registry.

https://fierohub.com
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2023 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

FieroHub can now send real notifications to your device when something of interest happens, like when someone posts a comment to your car.
We will keep the e-mail notification for a while, until users have enabled this.

You can enable notifications from the start page, or from Personal details page.

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2023 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero valuation page has been updated, to better show what data the valuations are based on.

https://fierohub.com/valuation/

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2023 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

The VIN decoder tool has been updated, to show some more info for cars that have been registered in FieroHub.

https://fierohub.com/vin/
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2023 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super cool!!!
PFF
System Bot
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2023 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i admit i didn't read through all four pages.could this be a way for the US [or other] government to see that during a engne swap emission parts were left off?
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2023 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by richard in nc:

i admit i didn't read through all four pages.could this be a way for the US [or other] government to see that during a engne swap emission parts were left off?

Don't know how all governments work, but I would definitely not worry about that

Anyway, emission parts are not asked for in the registration, unless you describe that in the free text field.
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2023 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

Added image "carousels" on the start page to highlight latest blogs and event pictures.

[This message has been edited by blyfot (edited 08-16-2023).]

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2023 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have launched a collection of Fiero posters in the FieroHub shop.

Each design is available in different sizes and with a variety of Fieros. Here are some examples:

https://fierohub.com/shop/

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2023 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the current state of the FieroHub world 🌎🚗❤️

Welcome to register!

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2023 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

Added an overview of all registered cars (by color / body / year) on the Statistics page,
with a link to find those cars in the registry.

https://fierohub.com/data/?d=appearanceyear

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2024 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

Added buttons that make it possible to "react" to things in FieroHub.
A reaction can be a simple like but can also indicate that you have seen a specific Fiero, will participate in an event, that you are associated with a Fiero club etc.

Some statistics are then shown on your owner page:

Welcome to try it out!

Kern

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2024 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KernSend a Private Message to KernEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I attempted to register my car on the site and my Firefox browser indicated that it did not support the color choices at the site.

I then did like another user did and switched to Microsoft Edge and attempted to enter the site and register the car. I keep getting an error message that suggests that I try again later.

I would like to get the car listed but have reached the point where it just may not be worth it. Any suggestions?
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2024 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kern:

Hello,

I attempted to register my car on the site and my Firefox browser indicated that it did not support the color choices at the site.

I then did like another user did and switched to Microsoft Edge and attempted to enter the site and register the car. I keep getting an error message that suggests that I try again later.

I would like to get the car listed but have reached the point where it just may not be worth it. Any suggestions?

That is strange.. both those browsers should work. Perhaps a temporary problem just at that time.

I can't think of any other suggestion than to try one more time.
Would appreciate if you can let me know how it goes
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2024 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

"Fieros closest to you" are shown on the home page:

PFF
System Bot
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*NEW FEATURE*

Registered cars can be awarded a ⭐ to highlight features that stand out, like "low mileage", "original owner" etc.

https://fierohub.com/cars/?q=⭐

[This message has been edited by blyfot (edited 03-24-2024).]

paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the time you spent making this website. Very cool.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulsobj:

Agreed, very valuable resource for the Fiero community
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blyfot:

Vince, that's you in the background?

blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulsobj:

❤️
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock