Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  SAVE THE DATE! 35th Anniversary Show is a GO!!! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SAVE THE DATE! 35th Anniversary Show is a GO!!! by carbon
Started on: 03-06-2016 12:05 AM
Replies: 303 (16003 views)
Last post by: Midwest Fiero Clubs on 10-10-2018 10:43 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[EDIT: Nice ownership of this page!]

Kinda an odd question, as I am sure there are not that many people not bringing their Fieros....
I am not driving, as I have just a week and a half vacation time right now. 5 days of that would be driving for the round trip. Taking into count sleeping 6-7 hours. Maybe in the future, but not in the cards this time around.

Do I need to do the regular registration, or is there another option, or not needed at all? I would like to be evolved with all the activities ect. I just need to know how much to pay, and how to go about it. I already purchased a couple shirts, a SS key ring and a name badge.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-15-2018).]

IP: Logged
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2018 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

[EDIT: Nice ownership of this page!]

Kinda an odd question, as I am sure there are not that many people not bringing their Fieros....
I am not driving, as I have just a week and a half vacation time right now. 5 days of that would be driving for the round trip. Taking into count sleeping 6-7 hours. Maybe in the future, but not in the cards this time around.

Do I need to do the regular registration, or is there another option, or not needed at all? I would like to be evolved with all the activities ect. I just need to know how much to pay, and how to go about it. I already purchased a couple shirts, a SS key ring and a name badge.

You are good to go! While we appreciate those who attend to support the event through other purchases (T-shirts etc.), no additional entry is required without one's Fiero. Of course, we're also grateful that you're volunteering some time too ;-)

Looking forward to seeing you John!

~ Jen
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I already paid, does this mean I get a refund?

I assume you are the Larry from Florida won the free registration from Black Top Racing.
If so congrats! Yes you would get a cash refund at the show registration desk.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just going over the schedule trying to plan everything out. I notice each evening that there are no scheduled dinners, or even time to have dinner in there anywhere. I take it there are no dinners planned as a group or anything?

For instance on Friday:

Evening Reception* - Hotel Lobby - 5:00pm
Parking Lot Social - show parking area 6:00pm - ??

5:00 is usually around the time most people grab dinner... To eat before then, one would have to grab dinner around 3:30 or so to have enough time to order, eat, and get to the reception. If meeting at the reception, there would not be enough time to eat before the social.

Saturday seems like there is enough time to grab dinner somewhere before the speakers go on. Again, is the reception where everyone gathers to go to dinner together or anything?

Evening Reception* - Hotel Lobby - 5:00pm
Distinguished Speakers - Poncho Perfection Hall of Fieros 7:00pm - 10:00pm

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John you will not go hungry! Thursday is a cruise to a great 50's diner for an old fashioned cruise-in with a local central Illinois car club.

Friday evening we will have multiple food trucks for the parking lot party.

On Saturday we will have more food trucks.

In addition to all of that, there are numerous restaurants both sit down and fast food within walking distance of the venue.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could contact Domino's and have them create one of their new "Hotspots" for parking lot delivery
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

You could contact Domino's and have them create one of their new "Hotspots" for parking lot delivery

Nah.... Gotta have pizza from Avanti's when in Peoria! They do have an East Peoria location. And they deliver! I will be lunching on one of their famous "Gondola" sandwiches!

http://avantispeoria.com/

In all seriousness, I wonder if they can provide any catering? Its probably too late now (the show is just next month) but this just occurred to me when I made this post.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 07-19-2018).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The receptions will also have food but you can always hang out and then run next door to grab a burger at Steak N Shake. As Jeff said, you will not go hungry ;-)

~ Jen
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to going ! 1st time out. Can I register there with my car ? Is there a coral for for sale cars ?

Boz
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We sold out of our contract rooms at the host hotel Embassy Suites! If you havent booked a room for the 35th yet, we now have rooms available at the Holiday Inn Express at a special rate of $129 per night. THIS RATE IS ONLY VALID IF YOU BOOK BY JULY 29th! Which is also our online registration deadline for The Fiero 35th Anniversary Celebration. CALL to make your reservation: 309-694-9800 - Group Rate Code: MFC

Holiday Inn Express @ Suites East Peoria - Riverfront

1100 Bass Pro Drive, East Peoria, Illinois 61611
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2018 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Looking forward to going ! 1st time out. Can I register there with my car ? Is there a coral for for sale cars ?

Boz

Yes indeed you can register at the show! Check out this event schedule, it shows the times the registration desk is open
We recommend you bookmark this!

http://www.fiero35th.com/schedule.html#schedule1

We do not have a special area for cars for sale. For sale signs are allowed

[This message has been edited by Midwest Fiero Clubs (edited 07-20-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 weeks from today the festivities start.. Who is ready!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

2 weeks from today the festivities start.. Who is ready!

More like how many people are still working on there Fieros to get them ready for the show?
I know a couple of friends who are those last minute guy up till 2am putting there cars back together the night before they leave. I'm still doing a couple of little things I want to change up before the show but not touching anything to prevent the car from driving down.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

More like how many people are still working on there Fieros to get them ready for the show?

LOL I'm still working on my friggin' Fiero MODEL...

AWautoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWautoworksSend a Private Message to AWautoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Just shipped out a Door prize.
They are a set of custom Smoth door handles to match your round molding.
they can be purchased Here
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOK FOR THIS BANNER AT THE SHOW. The tool maker will be there one of the days and will be bringing with him T1s. We will have the printed prototype at the show as well as information on custom decorating your lenses. We are also continue to have NO-MONEY-DOWN pre orders for lenses. It will be first come first served so the earlier you get your order in the better.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 07-27-2018).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Considering stopping by this event in order to see a few old friends. E. Peoria is only a couple hundred miles out of the way.... Unfortunately, I can only be there Wednesday PM and have to move on Thursday morning. The world does not rotate around my desires. Would love to spend more time there.

Thinking about it and seeing if I can steal some down time and still accomplish what I need to do.

Rams
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well.... good news and bad news.

Good news: I'm still attending the show and bringing the IMSA.
Bad news: It won't be able to run.

The reason is because I found a fuel leak in my fuel cell. I have not heard of this before. I pulled it from the car and opened it up. No dry rot to speak of. Actually it looked pretty good and really clean. I can only assume that some of the bonding allowed fuel to escape and run out the weep hole in the aluminum shell. Anyway, I certainly don't want to leak fuel everywhere or cause a fire so I am leaving the tank out. I will reassemble the car and push it inside. Heck, I can't start it up inside anyway. The fumes would be really bad.
My poor car has been started every few months, but the poor girl really needs some TLC. She will get just that when I get back from the show. Until then, I will focus on cleaning.

Paul
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Considering stopping by this event in order to see a few old friends. E. Peoria is only a couple hundred miles out of the way.... Unfortunately, I can only be there Wednesday PM and have to move on Thursday morning. The world does not rotate around my desires. Would love to spend more time there.

Thinking about it and seeing if I can steal some down time and still accomplish what I need to do.

Rams

Many of us will be there Weds. night - hope you can make it!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
Paul

That is good news! It will be the first time I will get to see you again since the 1st Tyler Shipman show. If it makes you feel any better, my car will not be running at the show either. In fact, I will not have my Fiero at the show at all

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-29-2018).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2018 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Many of us will be there Weds. night - hope you can make it!

While I am still trying to steal the time needed to stop by, it ain't look' good at this point.
Regardless, here's a bump for this event and thread.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not going to be able to make it. Don't want my money back for registration, but I do want everything sent to me. All the stuff I would have gotten "at the door". Who do i contact to pass my mailing address?

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2018 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just signed up and I guess we're ready for the 6 hour trip. I'm assuming it's $35 per car and not per person right? We're planning on showing up sometime Friday.

Anyone coming have a spare gray passenger seat lower part I can buy there?

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67, XP, Ported heads, SD headers, FSIC, 2.8 pulley. 12.1@111 1.7 60'.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well.... good news and bad news.

Bad news: It won't be able to run.

The reason is because I found a fuel leak in my fuel cell. I have not heard of this before. I pulled it from the car and opened it up. No dry rot to speak of. Actually it looked pretty good and really clean. I can only assume that some of the bonding allowed fuel to escape and run out the weep hole in the aluminum shell. Anyway, I certainly don't want to leak fuel everywhere or cause a fire so I am leaving the tank out. I will reassemble the car and push it inside. Heck, I can't start it up inside anyway. The fumes would be really bad.
My poor car has been started every few months, but the poor girl really needs some TLC. She will get just that when I get back from the show. Until then, I will focus on cleaning.

Paul

Glad it and you will be there regardless.
I'm guessing that's a custom fuel cell?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-31-2018).]

Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Buck531:

Just signed up and I guess we're ready for the 6 hour trip. I'm assuming it's $35 per car and not per person right? We're planning on showing up sometime Friday.

The registration price is to get your car in the show, (and get your goodie bag).
Spectators are free.
However $35 was the pre registration online price that just expired.
Registration is $45 at the event.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Midwest Fiero Clubs

400 posts
Member since Dec 2016

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Not going to be able to make it. Don't want my money back for registration, but I do want everything sent to me. All the stuff I would have gotten "at the door". Who do i contact to pass my mailing address?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it. We have your address on file from your original order. For future reference contact can be made by clicking "Contact" near the bottom of the ticket page. Here

[This message has been edited by Midwest Fiero Clubs (edited 07-31-2018).]

Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Midwest Fiero Clubs

400 posts
Member since Dec 2016

Evening Reception* - Hotel Lobby - 5:00pm?

This is simply the start time when the Embassy Suites provides free drinks and light snacks to anyone who is booked at the host hotel, we are free to gather, visit, plan, use it as an appetizer for supper... one could even eat at the hotel, head over to the hotel bar, even just cross the lot to the Steak N Shake. Options abound.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Midwest Fiero Clubs

400 posts
Member since Dec 2016
We are proud to announce that we will be giving away over $4000 in prizes at The Fiero 35th Anniversary presented by Black Top Racing!
www.Fiero35th.com

This is the largest door prize selection we have ever had. We would like to thank our contributors:
Black Top Racing, The Fiero Store, Volo Auto Museum, Rock Auto, Jay Leno's Garage, Alan Kohler, Fiero Jon, AW Auto Works, Danyel Potvin,
Tom Derr, Image 360, Jegs
and many more......

[This message has been edited by Midwest Fiero Clubs (edited 08-01-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What items are there going to be for the raffle? I know there is one as I am scheduled to see raffle tickets on Saturday for 2 hours. Curious to see what is up for grabs to see how many tickets I am going to purchase
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, I'm looking forward to seeing you again too! It has been too long. I very much remember the 1st Shipman show. That was a very special time.

That is good news! It will be the first time I will get to see you again since the 1st Tyler Shipman show. If it makes you feel any better, my car will not be running at the show either. In fact, I will not have my Fiero at the show at all

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
to put it mildly.... yes.

I have learned that the bladder in the tank has a finite life. I need to contact Fuel Safe for options. I'll get it fixed, but not before the show. The engine itself runs fine but she is thirsty.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Glad it and you will be there regardless.
I'm guessing that's a custom fuel cell?

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

to put it mildly.... yes.

I have learned that the bladder in the tank has a finite life. I need to contact Fuel Safe for options. I'll get it fixed, but not before the show. The engine itself runs fine but she is thirsty.

Uh, Paul, can't you do what we used to do......use a mini beer keg as the tank?
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Id say you've got some time, but I know how fast time gets away.
Better get crackin!

Didn’t get her done and I had plenty of days just no time. I may drive up for one of the days.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What items are there going to be for the raffle? I know there is one as I am scheduled to see raffle tickets on Saturday for 2 hours. Curious to see what is up for grabs to see how many tickets I am going to purchase

Many of the items in the pics above are in the prize raffle. By the way we are now over $5k in prizes!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey ya'll, long time no see, i know. Ridicule me later, i've been trying to put life back together. Having that said, i havent touched my car in nearly 5 years so needless to say its not ready. But i still really wanna go to the 35th, Sooooo, i'm throwing a bone out there if anyone needs help getting another car there ( I'm in Minnesota ) and Or need a roommate at the hotel & want to relieve some costs ??? It's about the only way i'm going to be able to attend. Email or P.M. me, also since im not on
Facebook, it would be most appreciative if someone could post on there too for me

I'll check back in on here daily.

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,204.1 miles
87 GT custom______2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Hey ya'll, long time no see, i know. Ridicule me later, i've been trying to put life back together. Having that said, i havent touched my car in nearly 5 years so needless to say its not ready. But i still really wanna go to the 35th, Sooooo, i'm throwing a bone out there if anyone needs help getting another car there ( I'm in Minnesota ) and Or need a roommate at the hotel & want to relieve some costs ??? It's about the only way i'm going to be able to attend. Email or P.M. me, also since im not on
Facebook, it would be most appreciative if someone could post on there too for me

PM Sent.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I haven't seen you since the first Tyler Shipman show!
Your shop was awesome!
Hopefully I'll see you at the show.

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Special Fieros!
At the 35th Anniversary of the Introduction of the Pontiac Fiero presented by Black Top Racing (www.blacktop.racing) the days (and nights) of August 8-12, 2018 are filled with a variety of events including: unique and rare Fieros!

Keep your eye on www.fiero35th.com for the latest updates on all of the scheduled events!
http://fiero35th.com/schedule.html#schedule1

Throughout the weekend, you can check out all of the amazing Fieros parked in the 10,000 square foot indoor Fiero parking area, Poncho Perfection Magazine’s Hall of Fieros. Some of the extra special Fieros that are anticipated to be in attendance include:

2+2 Concept Fiero GT
The general public has only known the Fiero as a 2-seater automobile, but those who have been around the Fiero community for the long term know that there was one exception to this perception - the 2 + 2 Concept Car. The Pontiac Design Studio modified the ninth ‘84 pilot build car to study the impact of stretching the space frame. The 2 + 2 evokes the feeling of a Fastback with a little extra room. This silver car contains interior styling proposed for future product offerings for the Fiero with the addition of a backseat. The revised fastback 2+2 was utilized as a market proposal to demonstrate the versatility of the construction flexibility of the space frame platform during a period when the Fiero was running the risk of being cancelled. The downside? It is likely one of the smallest back seat spaces ever placed in a GM vehicle making it suitable only for small children and pets.

‘88 Fiero GT Production Pilot Build Car
This car is one of the 54 pilot build cars for the 1988 model year, which was built in the second week of March 1987. The car is number 25 of 25 GT Fieros built on March 09, 1987. The car has the factory electro-hydraulic power steering and preproduction factory driving lights. The 16,128 miles were accumulated at the Milford Proving Grounds in Michigan. The car was also a test car for the proposed dash and instrument cluster for the 1990 model year. It is claimed that the car remained at Milford for further development of the instrument cluster for use in the production ‘93 Firebird. In 1991, the engineer who had been responsible for the car and who had driven the car home regularly, suddenly passed away. His parents sold the car in 2014 after it had been in storage since 1991. The deceased engineer’s brother confirmed the story about the car’s time at Milford, as he still works there and is part of the team that is building some of GM's special high performance vehicles. There are engineering stickers on the car including the all important "non-compliance" DOT emissions and safety waiver notice on the bottom of the decklid.

‘84 Indy PPG Pace Car
This is car number three of three engineered by John Callies and team responsible for performing Pace Car duties for the 1984 Indianapolis 500. These three Fiero Pace Cars were heavily modified versions of the Indy replica versions available at Pontiac dealers that were equipped with the 91hp Iron Duke 4-cylinder engine. The car was contracted by Pontiac Motorsports to join the PPG Pace Car fleet in June 1984 where it was modified numerous times by PPG until its retirement in 1987. The car features a 2.7L Super Duty 4-cylinder with an experimental aluminum high port cylinder head and a Super Duty Muncie 4-speed with a Webster gear set. This 2.7L engine developed 280hp and 310 ft lbs of torque at 7,500 rpm with 12.5:1 compression ratio. The car also features the original ‘84 Pace Car equipment including the first development electro-hydraulic power steering and brakes, Beltech drop spindles, modified F-Body brakes, roller bearing control arm bushings, scatter proof CV joints and front mounted fuel cell. The final form of modification includes a factory contracted DGP widebody and experimental PPG Pearl White over three shades of Electric Violet paint.

PPG Pace Cars
Autostyle Plastics in conjunction with Pontiac Motorsports was contracted to modify six Fieros to serve as vehicles for the PPG CART Precision Driving Team. Renamed Fiero GTPs, these six cars were painted in PPG pearl metallic colors to be driven in pre-race demonstrations during the 1986 and 1987 Indy Car racing seasons, with one appearance in Europe. Female drivers performed a variety of different stunts and maneuvers to highlight the products and relationships of GM, PPG and Autostyle Plastics. In addition to cosmetic upgrades performed on the interior and exterior of the vehicles, a variety of mechanical upgrades also occurred including the installation of a 3.0L V6 block, bigger lift cam with modified duration that compliments a custom intake. The engine also contains flat-top pistons and reinforced connecting rods that pair with a stock crankshaft and larger oil return galleys. One car was fitted with an experimental turbocharged 3.0L V6.
Five of the six cars were donated to vocational schools in the Midwest while the Pearl Blue colored car was retained by General Motors for their Heritage Center Collection, where it remained until its sale in 2009. Three of the five donated PPG GTP Pace Cars have been traced as being crushed. All three of the surviving cars will be on display with a large collection of historical material pertaining to these cars at the 35th Anniversary event.

‘84 Factory Experimental IMSA Widebody
This unique special project by GM contained a 220hp 2.7L Super Duty 4-cylinder engine. The SD4 is an early cast block that was later upgraded from a cast iron head to an aluminum head. It has a custom fabricated header with no catalytic converter, stock exhaust, and Super Duty Getrag 5-speed manual transmission. The car also has electro-hydraulic brakes and electo-hydraulic power steering. Its body is the first handmade DGP Stage III and revised Stage IV IMSA-style wide body panels and the whaletail spoiler. Despite its racing look, the car was fitted with features such as air conditioning, cruise control, power windows and a stock stereo. The car was used as an engine development vehicle at the Mesa, AZ proving grounds under direction of John Callies. Primary funding came from the development of the fluid harmonic balancer later used on several GM engines. The car was presented for corporate consideration to offer the SD4 as a factory RPO option in 1984. In 1986, the car was prepared as a feature car in the 1986 Pontiac Motorsports SEMA display. It displays 6,902 miles on the odometer.

IMSA GTU Race Car
This GM Goodwrench sponsored Fiero was designed by Pontiac Racing/Engineering and built by Huffaker Racing. The car raced from 1984-1991 in the GTU, T/A, and GTO classes. It was driven by Bob Earl, Terry Visger, and Dominic Dobson. We are very excited to have one of the Huffaker IMSA Fieros on display in Poncho Perfection Magazine’s Hall of Fieros. In 1984 Huffaker Engineering put together a tube frame chassis with anti-squat and anti-dive adjustments. Huffaker utilized a modified Spice Racing running gear and of course the potent Super Duty 4-cylinder engine powered these race cars. Huffaker went on to build a number of Fiero race cars, but it is believed that only four were made in this configuration. This Fiero campaigned in GTU class as the number 55 Goodwrench/Huffaker Fiero from 1985 to 1987. Bob Earl started 27 races and came away with 10 victories and 16 poles. Terry Visger ran 10 races and came away with seven wins.
In 1989 the car was set up for Trans Am racing for a corporate sponsor. The Super Duty 4-cylinder engine was replaced with a 4.5L Buick V6. The sponsor’s CEO drove it in three Trans Am races and then the program was halted. The car was then raced in two IMSA GTO races by Dominic Dobson. The Huffaker Fiero then sat until 1999 when an SCCA enthusiast purchased the car to compete in races in the San Francisco region. The car claimed an additional 25 victories in the SCCA Super Production Class along with qualifying records at Laguna Seca and Sears Point. In 2012 this Fiero underwent a complete frame off restoration and the Buick V6 was replaced with a NASCAR Chevy 354 V8. In 2013 the Huffaker Fiero was sold to Mark Schwartz who continues to race the Fiero when time permits. Mark still has the NASCAR Chevy motor in the Fiero, but hopes to replace it with a proper Super Duty 4-cylinder someday. We look forward to seeing Mark and his IMSA Fiero.

Home-Built IMSA Race Car
Also scheduled for display is Paul Hosler’s home-built Fiero IMSA race car. The car emulates what would have been available to the general public if a person desired to build their own race car from the information available in the Pontiac Motorsports issued Pontiac Performance Plus Magazine. A 412 ci small block Chevy with prototype Pontiac 867 heads developing 645hp powers the 2300 lb race car. The suspension has been fabricated by the original IMSA Fiero engineer to period correct specifications. With a host of features ready for the track, this 210 mph track rocket is a work of art. All of the modifications on this car were performed exclusively by the owner. You can find more details about this car at http://www.cardomain.com/ri.../2003-pontiac-fiero/

Answering One Final Important Question - What’s the Best Way to Get to the 35th?
In your Fiero, of course! Aside from this preferred method of transportation, our resident East Peorian, Garry Kay, has been checking the IDOT webpage and based on what he is currently hearing about the area, it looks like there will be clear roads in the Peoria area from Interstate 74, exit 95 to Main Street, to Camp Street to the host hotel. All major interstates in the surrounding area have some construction, but nothing with any long detours or delays are anticipated. Garry recommends that if you can, avoid traveling around the Chicago area.

-Jennifer Goss, Garry Kay, Jim Hallman, Sadie Goad-Kaminski, Fred Bartemeyer, Jr, MWFC Members
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midwest Fiero Clubs:

Special Fieros!
At the 35th Anniversary of the Introduction of the Pontiac Fiero presented by Black Top Racing (www.blacktop.racing) the days (and nights) of August 8-12, 2018 are filled with a variety of events including: unique and rare Fieros!

Keep your eye on www.fiero35th.com for the latest updates on all of the scheduled events!
http://fiero35th.com/schedule.html#schedule1

Throughout the weekend, you can check out all of the amazing Fieros parked in the 10,000 square foot indoor Fiero parking area, Poncho Perfection Magazine’s Hall of Fieros. Some of the extra special Fieros that are anticipated to be in attendance include:

2+2 Concept Fiero GT
The general public has only known the Fiero as a 2-seater automobile, but those who have been around the Fiero community for the long term know that there was one exception to this perception - the 2 + 2 Concept Car. The Pontiac Design Studio modified the ninth ‘84 pilot build car to study the impact of stretching the space frame. The 2 + 2 evokes the feeling of a Fastback with a little extra room. This silver car contains interior styling proposed for future product offerings for the Fiero with the addition of a backseat. The revised fastback 2+2 was utilized as a market proposal to demonstrate the versatility of the construction flexibility of the space frame platform during a period when the Fiero was running the risk of being cancelled. The downside? It is likely one of the smallest back seat spaces ever placed in a GM vehicle making it suitable only for small children and pets.

‘88 Fiero GT Production Pilot Build Car
This car is one of the 54 pilot build cars for the 1988 model year, which was built in the second week of March 1987. The car is number 25 of 25 GT Fieros built on March 09, 1987. The car has the factory electro-hydraulic power steering and preproduction factory driving lights. The 16,128 miles were accumulated at the Milford Proving Grounds in Michigan. The car was also a test car for the proposed dash and instrument cluster for the 1990 model year. It is claimed that the car remained at Milford for further development of the instrument cluster for use in the production ‘93 Firebird. In 1991, the engineer who had been responsible for the car and who had driven the car home regularly, suddenly passed away. His parents sold the car in 2014 after it had been in storage since 1991. The deceased engineer’s brother confirmed the story about the car’s time at Milford, as he still works there and is part of the team that is building some of GM's special high performance vehicles. There are engineering stickers on the car including the all important "non-compliance" DOT emissions and safety waiver notice on the bottom of the decklid.

‘84 Indy PPG Pace Car
This is car number three of three engineered by John Callies and team responsible for performing Pace Car duties for the 1984 Indianapolis 500. These three Fiero Pace Cars were heavily modified versions of the Indy replica versions available at Pontiac dealers that were equipped with the 91hp Iron Duke 4-cylinder engine. The car was contracted by Pontiac Motorsports to join the PPG Pace Car fleet in June 1984 where it was modified numerous times by PPG until its retirement in 1987. The car features a 2.7L Super Duty 4-cylinder with an experimental aluminum high port cylinder head and a Super Duty Muncie 4-speed with a Webster gear set. This 2.7L engine developed 280hp and 310 ft lbs of torque at 7,500 rpm with 12.5:1 compression ratio. The car also features the original ‘84 Pace Car equipment including the first development electro-hydraulic power steering and brakes, Beltech drop spindles, modified F-Body brakes, roller bearing control arm bushings, scatter proof CV joints and front mounted fuel cell. The final form of modification includes a factory contracted DGP widebody and experimental PPG Pearl White over three shades of Electric Violet paint.

PPG Pace Cars
Autostyle Plastics in conjunction with Pontiac Motorsports was contracted to modify six Fieros to serve as vehicles for the PPG CART Precision Driving Team. Renamed Fiero GTPs, these six cars were painted in PPG pearl metallic colors to be driven in pre-race demonstrations during the 1986 and 1987 Indy Car racing seasons, with one appearance in Europe. Female drivers performed a variety of different stunts and maneuvers to highlight the products and relationships of GM, PPG and Autostyle Plastics. In addition to cosmetic upgrades performed on the interior and exterior of the vehicles, a variety of mechanical upgrades also occurred including the installation of a 3.0L V6 block, bigger lift cam with modified duration that compliments a custom intake. The engine also contains flat-top pistons and reinforced connecting rods that pair with a stock crankshaft and larger oil return galleys. One car was fitted with an experimental turbocharged 3.0L V6.
Five of the six cars were donated to vocational schools in the Midwest while the Pearl Blue colored car was retained by General Motors for their Heritage Center Collection, where it remained until its sale in 2009. Three of the five donated PPG GTP Pace Cars have been traced as being crushed. All three of the surviving cars will be on display with a large collection of historical material pertaining to these cars at the 35th Anniversary event.

‘84 Factory Experimental IMSA Widebody
This unique special project by GM contained a 220hp 2.7L Super Duty 4-cylinder engine. The SD4 is an early cast block that was later upgraded from a cast iron head to an aluminum head. It has a custom fabricated header with no catalytic converter, stock exhaust, and Super Duty Getrag 5-speed manual transmission. The car also has electro-hydraulic brakes and electo-hydraulic power steering. Its body is the first handmade DGP Stage III and revised Stage IV IMSA-style wide body panels and the whaletail spoiler. Despite its racing look, the car was fitted with features such as air conditioning, cruise control, power windows and a stock stereo. The car was used as an engine development vehicle at the Mesa, AZ proving grounds under direction of John Callies. Primary funding came from the development of the fluid harmonic balancer later used on several GM engines. The car was presented for corporate consideration to offer the SD4 as a factory RPO option in 1984. In 1986, the car was prepared as a feature car in the 1986 Pontiac Motorsports SEMA display. It displays 6,902 miles on the odometer.

IMSA GTU Race Car
This GM Goodwrench sponsored Fiero was designed by Pontiac Racing/Engineering and built by Huffaker Racing. The car raced from 1984-1991 in the GTU, T/A, and GTO classes. It was driven by Bob Earl, Terry Visger, and Dominic Dobson. We are very excited to have one of the Huffaker IMSA Fieros on display in Poncho Perfection Magazine’s Hall of Fieros. In 1984 Huffaker Engineering put together a tube frame chassis with anti-squat and anti-dive adjustments. Huffaker utilized a modified Spice Racing running gear and of course the potent Super Duty 4-cylinder engine powered these race cars. Huffaker went on to build a number of Fiero race cars, but it is believed that only four were made in this configuration. This Fiero campaigned in GTU class as the number 55 Goodwrench/Huffaker Fiero from 1985 to 1987. Bob Earl started 27 races and came away with 10 victories and 16 poles. Terry Visger ran 10 races and came away with seven wins.
In 1989 the car was set up for Trans Am racing for a corporate sponsor. The Super Duty 4-cylinder engine was replaced with a 4.5L Buick V6. The sponsor’s CEO drove it in three Trans Am races and then the program was halted. The car was then raced in two IMSA GTO races by Dominic Dobson. The Huffaker Fiero then sat until 1999 when an SCCA enthusiast purchased the car to compete in races in the San Francisco region. The car claimed an additional 25 victories in the SCCA Super Production Class along with qualifying records at Laguna Seca and Sears Point. In 2012 this Fiero underwent a complete frame off restoration and the Buick V6 was replaced with a NASCAR Chevy 354 V8. In 2013 the Huffaker Fiero was sold to Mark Schwartz who continues to race the Fiero when time permits. Mark still has the NASCAR Chevy motor in the Fiero, but hopes to replace it with a proper Super Duty 4-cylinder someday. We look forward to seeing Mark and his IMSA Fiero.

Home-Built IMSA Race Car
Also scheduled for display is Paul Hosler’s home-built Fiero IMSA race car. The car emulates what would have been available to the general public if a person desired to build their own race car from the information available in the Pontiac Motorsports issued Pontiac Performance Plus Magazine. A 412 ci small block Chevy with prototype Pontiac 867 heads developing 645hp powers the 2300 lb race car. The suspension has been fabricated by the original IMSA Fiero engineer to period correct specifications. With a host of features ready for the track, this 210 mph track rocket is a work of art. All of the modifications on this car were performed exclusively by the owner. You can find more details about this car at http://www.cardomain.com/ri.../2003-pontiac-fiero/

Answering One Final Important Question - What’s the Best Way to Get to the 35th?
In your Fiero, of course! Aside from this preferred method of transportation, our resident East Peorian, Garry Kay, has been checking the IDOT webpage and based on what he is currently hearing about the area, it looks like there will be clear roads in the Peoria area from Interstate 74, exit 95 to Main Street, to Camp Street to the host hotel. All major interstates in the surrounding area have some construction, but nothing with any long detours or delays are anticipated. Garry recommends that if you can, avoid traveling around the Chicago area.

-Jennifer Goss, Garry Kay, Jim Hallman, Sadie Goad-Kaminski, Fred Bartemeyer, Jr, MWFC Members

Whats the problem with the Chicago area? I will be traveling from 94 and eventually end up on 55.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there through a plane flight due to blowing a head gasket or cracked block or head haven't had the time to fully dive in and find the problem. Probably not the farthest traveler as there was a group from germany at the 30th.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock