Lambo Doors by NightMare Cruiser
Started on: 02-07-2016 11:25 AM
Replies: 13 (489 views)
Last post by: NightMare Cruiser on 02-28-2016 02:39 AM
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used these?? Guy said he'd give me a REAL good deal on them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...AOSwBLlVb7rZ&vxp=mtr

NightMare

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!
http://s1277.beta.photobuck...50016365924013387734

After all the work, It's time to drive it!!

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 02-07-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you asking about a specific version/make of the door hinge or generic ones?

There was a thread on here ages ago from someone making Fiero specific kits, don't recall what happened to it but it took them a lot of work to get it right.
Most of the generic kits are 'Honda' type kits and from what I've read on here, seem to take a lot of work to get them to fit/work if at all.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opps, forgot the link!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Lambo door hinges have to be angled a certain way in order for them to work on the Fiero. I believe they have to be offset towards the bottom which is what no manufacturer does. Those are probably a universal kit. Danyel on here knows all too well about the certain issues.

See this thread and watch the video. It explains everything and you can get a visual of the issue.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/135178.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-07-2016).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The Lambo door hinges have to be angled a certain way in order for them to work on the Fiero. I believe they have to be offset towards the bottom which is what no manufacturer does. Those are probably a universal kit. Danyel on here knows all too well about the certain issues.

See this thread and watch the video. It explains everything and you can get a visual of the issue.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/135178.html

I totally agree..... if you read the link IMSA GT posted you will understand the issue you will have with universal lambodoor hinges. I've tried many times to contact that sell but NADA doesnt seem to care.. You will need to cut, adjust, weld and do ALOT of mods to get those to work with the fiero spaceframe.

regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't tried those, but wouldn't you be able to simply add a spacer at the bottom to account for the offset (assuming the kit is built for a straight door jamb)?

The kit I bought connects at a single point on the jamb...but I ended up not using it since there wasn't enough room with my body kit for the big curved hinge (it would hit the tire). I ended up designing and building my own Lambo hinges.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll skip it. I'll find something else for my refund $$

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!
http://s1277.beta.photobuck...50016365924013387734

After all the work, It's time to drive it!!

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

I haven't tried those, but wouldn't you be able to simply add a spacer at the bottom to account for the offset (assuming the kit is built for a straight door jamb)?

The kit I bought connects at a single point on the jamb...but I ended up not using it since there wasn't enough room with my body kit for the big curved hinge (it would hit the tire). I ended up designing and building my own Lambo hinges.

If you only use a spacer the bottom of the fender wont bolt back up in its original spot and will stick out a ways ... when you open the door to its raising position it will hit the fender .... the spacer will push the fender outwards at least 1 to 2 inches ....
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-08-2016).]

Big.E.In.Crooked.I

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big.E.In.Crooked.ISend a Private Message to Big.E.In.Crooked.IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would go with STREET DREAMS BY ROSS... Made for custom installs and have less play (wobble).
All the "UNIVERSAL" hinges open outward then up. Ross' open more vertically than outward. There's a video somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Big.E.In.Crooked.I (edited 02-27-2016).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big.E.In.Crooked.I:

I would go with STREET DREAMS BY ROSS... Made for custom installs and have less play (wobble).

Those hingers DO NOT swing out to clear the door from the frame ... and will NOT work .. and even if they did swing out those would wobble just as much as any other hinge... its the Fiero Spaceframe just isnt made to handle lamdo doors the metal is TOO thin around the supporting areas... therefore it would change nothing they would wobble in the wind and move up and down on window opened or window closed ...

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-27-2016).]

Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big.E.In.Crooked.I:

All the "UNIVERSAL" hinges open outward then up. Ross' open more vertically than outward. There's a video somewhere.

These hinges are for KIT cars ie Lambos.... first sentence from web site "This a hinge style designed to fit most scissor hinging kit car bodies."

PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Decah kit fit,but you need to make sure you get the beefier hydraulic shock. The "standard" ones fail.

Most kits are not meant to lift a door as heavy as the Fiero's. (85 lbs?)
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some reason people seem to want their vertical doors on a Fiero to open straight up vertically without first opening horizontally. Aside from being physically impossible on a stock bodied Fiero, this would be very inconvenient. It is far more convenient to have the door open horizontally most of the way of a normal door and that is the way most people would prefer to use it 90% of the time. Only when you are at a show, or showing off you can flip them up. At least that has been my experience. Last thing you want when you are at the Quickie mart after midnight is to show off and draw attention to yourself.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2016 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided to spend my cash on another mod for the car. Thanks for the input

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock