Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieroguru Performance LLC - temporarily closed due to relocation (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieroguru Performance LLC - temporarily closed due to relocation by fieroguru
Started on: 10-28-2014 07:59 PM
Replies: 74 (4237 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 01-28-2016 11:38 PM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my daughter is in Urbana. too bad you didn't find something there. would have given me maybe an opportunity to see your work in person.
IP: Logged
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguru Performance will be closed for the remainder of 2015 and most likely 2016, so its probably better to consider it closed indefinitely.

We have been unable to find the right house to buy, so we have leased a townhouse in Champaign, IL and will be moving into it in the next 2-3 weeks. This will allow us to get properly settled in the area and for the girls to start school in the fall.

Unfortunately, the townhouse only has a small 2 car garage. My wife has claimed one of the bays and there is only a single 110V outlet in the entire garage. So most of my tools and equipment will remain in storage until we either find the right house to buy or build the house we want next spring.

My commute to work on a daily basis will be about 50 minutes each way, so my free time to do much with Fieros in the evenings will be significantly reduced, especially as we head into the busy time of the year at the plant.

So with these complications, you should not count on any parts from me for the next 1-2 years.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that Paul, but you have your priorities in line. Best of luck with the new job and in your search for the home you all want!
Joe
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Fieroguru Performance will be closed for the remainder of 2015 and most likely 2016, so its probably better to consider it closed indefinitely.

That's sad to hear, as you're such a talented guy within the Fiero community.

Hopefully you'll still have time to occasionally pop in here and offer some of your usual excellent advice.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck, Paul.
I'm sorry you can't find what you need.
Do check in, when you can.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Darth Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that. It' s always sad to lose a valuable resource to the automotive community. Good luck with your new job though.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguru Performance LLC will be closed for the remainder of 2015 and likely all of 2016.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me, but do not send any $$$ via paypal to my fieroguruperformance email account for parts you want to buy. Someone did that today, and I no longer have login access to that paypal account at the moment. I PMd the person to send me his email address and will issue a refund via my personal paypal account... Someday I might be able to get back into the other one to get my $$$ back, or not.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still sorry to hear that, and still wish you the best of luck.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you move again? Wasn't it Matoon?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Did you move again? Wasn't it Matoon?

Yes. The plant is in Mattoon, but we moved to Champaign in July to get the girls in the STEM school and so my wife can be in a larger town.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Very important to get settled and the family taken care of. I applaud you for that.
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update?.... Ever thought about selling dies and jigs to a Fiero vendor id you don't reopen, so we can contiue to use your great designs?.. Not to, me just a question.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Champaign is just a stones throw away! Hopefully once you're settled you can attend some NIFE events, would love to see your car in person!

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Update?.... Ever thought about selling dies and jigs to a Fiero vendor id you don't reopen, so we can continue to use your great designs?.. Not to, me just a question.

I shut Fieroguru Performance down when I relocated, because I could not live up to my own standards of being a part-time vendor. Having had 5 different addresses in the last 15 months... I made the right decision, but now we own a house with a sufficient garage and I am working to get everything setup to get back to get back to messing with Fieros.

However, I am at a crossroads... Do I restart Fieroguru Performance? Or choose to keep it closed and keep all my R&D efforts restricted to my personal Fiero projects and close friends?

What made me an exceptional part-time vendor was my educational background and vast hands-on skill set, commitment to good designs, dedication to exceptional customer experience and communication, and quick delivery of purchased product. This took a huge amount of effort, time, and expense on my part, but the end result were some very creative, unique, and effective products and very happy and often repeat customers. In the 13 years I have been a member here, I would like to believe that I have established myself as a highly respected and creditable member for those who have followed my work and contributions or those who I have helped in some manner.

My 13" brake kit has been reproduced (without my permission) by a member of this forum with the help of one of my previous customers. Fortunately, this member hasn't publicly shared any key information to my brake kit when the questions have been asked (and I respect him for that!). However, there are also two other part-time vendors (one is a previous customer) that are actively working to figure out the needed information to replicate this kit as well. Additionally, a couple of members have posted their intent to replicate my Lateral Link Relocation kit as well.

I understand that them doing this isn't illegal, and they justify it by "providing a service to the community", but I do view these actions as very disrespectful... and they really piss me off!

So for a while I have questioned why should I continue or restart?
Why should I take the time/effort/$$$ to develop more unique products?
Why should I continue to be a part of this community?

So I am in a holding pattern of sorts, taking the wait and see approach, before I decide on which path to take.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-23-2016).]

predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I for one would like to see you back in business. I'm at a point in my life , empty nester, that I can spend more time and money on my car.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I am in a holding pattern of sorts, taking the wait and see approach, before I decide on which path to take.

If you need to be talked into it, I suspect your mind is probably already made up to some degree.

I've always appreciated your input here, and you're easily one of the most respected members of PFF in regards to knowledge and skill.

Just decide to do what brings you the most satisfaction.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I understand that them doing this isn't illegal, and they justify it by "providing a service to the community", but I do view these actions as very disrespectful... and they really piss me off!

Product development is always a very dicey business. The only way you can recoup costs is to actively be in the market and sell more parts. Realize that while you are closed, potential customers want the things you used to make, and while they probably respect you a lot, it gets them no closer to finishing their car. Unless you hire a boatload of lawyers, your designs are going to be built by many people, especially if you are not in the business anymore.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree on the dispespectful aspect. If they were previous customers, and members here, and didn't ask...perhaps a reminder. I have never had occasion to purchase anything from fieroguru yet, but we have had some correspondence. Those who know the quality of fieroguru's parts will hopefully not buy from these other members.

Um, do these other members know you're ready to go back into business? If you advise them of your amended status, and your feelings on this, perhaps legal action won't be necessary. If enough time goes by, other vendors will crop up to fill a perceived demand.

I'm to the point of buying parts I don't need, because vendors like fieroguru keep vanishing.
SSN669chris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SSN669chrisSend a Private Message to SSN669chrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also agree on the disrespectful aspect. Many of us have been waiting for you to resume business to purchase parts. There are many in the community that do understand the substantial investment put into a product and are willing to buy things from the right vendor. Your time and effort into the community is appreciated.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guru
Still wanting to buy your 13inch hardware kit without rotors ....say when Paypal ready
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-23-2016).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see you in business again! I love my 13" brake kit and my lateral link relocation kit. I really want your 88 lateral link kit for the rear of my car. You're one of the best venders I've ever dealt with.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not know of anyone that was reproducing any of those items (13 inch, and lateral rear) and have been looking for other options. You come back to buisness I always go from the best, and the vest is always the person who put the R&D into it, and went through the trial and error.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As someone who has purchased your stuff in the past, and was really looking forward to your version of some front end performance stuff, I hope you get back into the business. But I do understand why you would not. Good luck to you either way.

Rob
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a performance minded Fiero owner, I applaud what you have done for our small community and think you will be back. I have you lateral relocation kit on my 88 and it works flawless. Take care buddy.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I shut Fieroguru Performance down when I relocated, because I could not live up to my own standards of being a part-time vendor. Having had 5 different addresses in the last 15 months... I made the right decision, but now we own a house with a sufficient garage and I am working to get everything setup to get back to get back to messing with Fieros.

My 13" brake kit has been reproduced (without my permission) by a member of this forum with the help of one of my previous customers. Fortunately, this member hasn't publicly shared any key information to my brake kit when the questions have been asked (and I respect him for that!). However, there are also two other part-time vendors (one is a previous customer) that are actively working to figure out the needed information to replicate this kit as well. Additionally, a couple of members have posted their intent to replicate my Lateral Link Relocation kit as well.

I didn't know about all this... your commitment to quality was exemplary. I hope you decide to come back to the Fiero world, even if it's on a part-time limited basis.

People stealing your designs suck, but that's just how the world works. Why bother creating something when you can copy??.... Samsung copies Apple, Apple Copies Samsung, and so on and so on. The big boys sue each other, pay some settlement and keep on copying. The best little guys can do is provide a better product than the copiers or just give up. I hope you choose the former, and not the latter.

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

People stealing your designs suck, but that's just how the world works. Why bother creating something when you can copy??.... Samsung copies Apple, Apple Copies Samsung, and so on and so on. The big boys sue each other, pay some settlement and keep on copying. The best little guys can do is provide a better product than the copiers or just give up. I hope you choose the former, and not the latter.

As someone who has purchased "thousands" of dollars in brake and suspension parts from another business, I can tell you that you may be able to make it, and sell it, but if you didn't design it, its probably going to be crap!!. I will always buy from you if you make stuff in the future. Had I known you were going to be making the 13" brake kit, I'd have waited and bought yours. I'd love to see you figure out the dropped spindle for the 88, and maybe even take a shot at the coilover front lower control arm. When I purchased my stuff, we only had one vendor making this kind of stuff, and they didn't do the original R&D, they purchased a finished product. I've called, emailed and finally given up on getting any support from them. What I'm saying is that even if your competition sells the same product for a cheaper price, I'd still buy from you. You can't steal the R&D.

Always a customer.

Rob
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

As someone who has purchased "thousands" of dollars in brake and suspension parts from another business, I can tell you that you may be able to make it, and sell it, but if you didn't design it, its probably going to be crap!!. I will always buy from you if you make stuff in the future. Had I known you were going to be making the 13" brake kit, I'd have waited and bought yours. I'd love to see you figure out the dropped spindle for the 88, and maybe even take a shot at the coilover front lower control arm. When I purchased my stuff, we only had one vendor making this kind of stuff, and they didn't do the original R&D, they purchased a finished product. I've called, emailed and finally given up on getting any support from them. What I'm saying is that even if your competition sells the same product for a cheaper price, I'd still buy from you. You can't steal the R&D.

Always a customer.

Rob

I think that covers it.

Fieroguru, would you list the parts for which you did the R&D, and sold? Not all of us know. I thought there were 4, but you dropped one. Only 2 have been mentioned.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always a customer.

Rob

I echo this sentiment.

While I'm certainly not your largest customer, I will continue to buy from you, if you have what I need. Regardless of who is making copies. (Must have had my head stuck up into a dark place. I wasn't aware that anyone was doing that.)
Your designs and craftsmanship are "top shelf". The copycats can't take that from you.

Regardless of what direction you choose, I wish you well.

FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been lurking & waiting for you to open back up. You are a huge asset to our tiny community & I hope you re-open.

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2016 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
I think that covers it.

Fieroguru, would you list the parts for which you did the R&D, and sold? Not all of us know. I thought there were 4, but you dropped one. Only 2 have been mentioned.

http://fieroguruperformance.com/

I don't know how many of those have been copied, but the stuff on that site is what he designed, made, and sold.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the support everyone!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I for one hope to see you re-open Paul. Your customer service and quality of work is above approach and your R&D is amazing, but most importantly I hasn't finished buying all I need from you yet!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always a customer.

Rob

Perfectly said buddy! I couldn't agree more.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because most people will buy a quality product from someone who knows what they are doing, not a secondary knock-off copy. I for one, am in need of one of your brake kits right now for a customer of mine, and I won't buy from anyone else. You put the time and effort into making sure this stuff is right, your attention to detail is second to none and you build some great stuff. I for one, don't want to compromise by installing someone else's product.

Let me know when you will start reselling the kit's, I'm in for a 12" set right now.

Now, hurry up and get cracking! -Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 01-27-2016).]

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be more then happy to give some more of my money in the future. Especially if you come up with some products to improve the 84-86 front suspension!
Signed,
A very happy Fieroguru customer
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay