Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieroguru Performance LLC - temporarily closed due to relocation (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieroguru Performance LLC - temporarily closed due to relocation by fieroguru
Started on: 10-28-2014 07:59 PM
Replies: 74 (4236 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 01-28-2016 11:38 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7/2/2015 Update:

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Fieroguru Performance will be closed for the remainder of 2015 and most likely 2016, so its probably better to consider it closed indefinitely.

We have been unable to find the right house to buy, so we have leased a townhouse in Champaign, IL and will be moving into it in the next 2-3 weeks. This will allow us to get properly settled in the area and for the girls to start school in the fall.

Unfortunately, the townhouse only has a small 2 car garage. My wife has claimed one of the bays and there is only a single 110V outlet in the entire garage. So most of my tools and equipment will remain in storage until we either find the right house to buy or build the house we want next spring.

My commute to work on a daily basis will be about 50 minutes each way, so my free time to do much with Fieros in the evenings will be significantly reduced, especially as we head into the busy time of the year at the plant.

So with these complications, you should not count on any parts from me for the next 1-2 years.

It with mixed emotions that I must share that Fieroguru Performance LLC will be temporarily closed for 1 to 3+ months.

Last Thursday I accepted a promotion with my current employer from Mfg Manager to VP of Manufacturing at a plant 350 miles from my location in KY. I started the new position today in my hometown in IL and with the plant I originally started my career with, but I don't know when I will be back in KY, and when I do make it back to KY, my time will be focused on my wife and girls.

Every order that was paid for has been shipped, but my apologies to those who were wanting to place an order in the last few days. I am not accepting any new orders until I get things squared away... the time it will take to do that might be as little as 1 month (highly doubtful) or take 3+ months.

I will still be around posting and answering PM's, just won't be able to make parts for others until I get everything situated with the relocation.

I hope my customers past and future will understand.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 07-03-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaymelk2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guru...good luck on the new position. Take care of the family bro...God knows fieros aren't going to pay the bills. I'm still around as always and will catch up with you around early spring.
Jay

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Paul and well deserved !

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in Illinois will you be coming?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Paul!

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Paul - hope it all goes your way. Best of luck with the new position.

Pat
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you'll be closer to the STL area of IL for selfish reasons.

Congrats on the promotion. I know it's difficult being away from the family.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Paul ..... you produce excellently made products ..... success to you in your new position
regards
Danyel
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Paul,

It'll be good to have you back in IL!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best wishes to you Paul and I hope that you like both the new position and location.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on the promotion Paul!
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me add my congratulations to the pile!

[This message has been edited by CarverToo (edited 10-29-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Understandable. But I really want that flywheel.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats man.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Paul, well get those parts we talked about once things get settled down.

Jack
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Major congratulations over here!
Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Major congratulations over here!

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone! This week has been a whirlwind of activity with not much time to check in on PFF.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
excellent news!

Hopefully you can find a place in IL which has suitable space for your hobby.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congratulations on the promotion.
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats on the promotion. Best of luck. Hopefully it doesn't keep you away from the family and garage too much.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the new position!

Good luck with the relocation too. I know how tough that can be just with tools and cars, and I imagine it's a whole new level of tough with a family in the mix and over 300 miles distance. Good luck!!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My best guess is it will be 3-6 months before I will be back selling parts. It has been 1 month and I am in a 1 br apartment. I have looked at all available houses, but haven't found one I would consider purchasing.

It the off season, so hopefully more options will come on the market as spring approaches.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguru

12127 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Double post...

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 11-28-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! How come I'm only seeing this thread for the first time today? Anyway, good things happen to those who make their own luck. No surprise that you were promoted given what we know about you through this site. Best of luck in the new job and happy house hunting!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump... another month has passed and no progress on the house/shop front. There just isn't much on the market right now that fits what we are looking for. I am hoping there will be more options in Q1 of 2015. My wife and girls are not planning to move until May, so I have plenty of time to wait for the right place to become available.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

No progress on the house hunt in IL, still in the 1br apt, all my parts/tools/machines are buried in storage in IL. Only progress is our KY house is now listed and being shown.

It will likely be end of the summer before I get everything set up in IL and can start selling parts again.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well missed this the first time, congrads, and good luck on thee house hunt.. better question is who is doing the hunting,
I know if I had to look for a house, what I'd want and what my better half would want are worlds apart.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-21-2015).]

Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you are making progress. I look forward to the day your shop opens back up.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The house in KY had an offer in 7 days and it was only $900 less than list... great news! We close on April 3rd. All my Fiero parts/tools/equipment are jam packed in a storage unit in IL (9 or 10 trailer loads... lost track) and we will move (movers will move) all the household good this Wednesday into a storage unit as well.

My wife and girls will be in furnished temp housing in KY till school is out, and I am still in the 1 br apt... Still haven't found a house we want to buy...
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Keep us posted.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Still haven't found a house we want to buy...

Any land to have one built?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Heh....Look up Mattoon IL. on Google Maps.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-24-2015).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Lots of land, but with the current real estate market (stagnant for 1-2 decades) and it being a generally economically depressed area, I can get a lot more house/shop buying used than trying to build - especially if I find the right motivated seller! The only way to make the building aspect work is for me to be the general contractor for the house and build the shop myself, and I just do not have time for it right now. If we don't find something before Aug, we will find a house to rent and wait some more. Maybe by next summer we will look more towards building... but then I have to keep the wife's want list in check or the build expense will skyrocket.

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the house hunting and hope you find one soon. I think I may be in need for a brake upgrade soon for my 88 but I guess I can wait until you find a place to throw you anchor .
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in IL are you?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Where in IL are you?

<<<<--------- Look over there.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ten more days and the family will be living in the same state for the first time in 7 months! So that will be a good day.

Aside from that, the house hunt still hasn't resulted in a house we are willing to buy. We have started looking in the Champaign/Urbana/Savoy area, but still not finding what we are looking for.

I am seriously considering taking the rest of 2015 off from fiero parts/projects aside from my personal Fieros.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock