WHO ARE YOU???? by mitchjl22
Started on: 09-01-2014 01:36 PM
Replies: 21 (689 views)
Last post by: benoitmalenfant on 09-03-2014 10:54 PM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Boise, and I got really sick with strep throat on the day of the Bogus Basin Hillclimb. You were there, and I missed it. Who are you? Can I come see your car sometime? I'll bring my Fiero.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mean, I know it's probably not a huge deal to most people on here when they get to see an IMSA car, but in Boise it's like almost unheard of. 2 years ago, I saw a white one pulled over across the street from my house. I still have no idea who it was.

-Mitch
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car belongs to Dave Deerson, here on the Forum:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000089.html

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure? It says he's in New Jersey!!?

Found a Video!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave sold the car recently.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And sadly I just sold the one and only Original Left this morning. Rick B

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

And sadly I just sold the one and only Original Left this morning. Rick B

Yeah I was a little surprised by that.......and to a Canadian. Hopefully we see it again.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just so the new owner loves & cares for it.

Was there only 1 DGP?
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, there were a few in different stages but there can only be one original. It was a Stage One then immediately transformed into the Stage 2 is it now. It traveled all over to shows for GM & Pontiac Motor Sports. All that followed were copies and slightly changed. Rick B

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:
2 years ago, I saw a white one pulled over across the street from my house. I still have no idea who it was.
-Mitch

Sorry, but that's your fault!
I would have walked across the street, and said, excuse me officer, step aside, I need to speak to the owner of the car
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
Yeah I was a little surprised by that.......and to a Canadian. Hopefully we see it again.

Kinda makes me twitch every time I read that, as if the fact that it's sold to a Canadian is a bad thing or something.

I told Rick when I originally went to see the car that selling to a Canadian might be frowned upon by the community and I expected to read comments about it but at the end of the day, Rick has been hinting he'd be willing to part with his DGP for a little while and no one seems to have shown interest until I did:

Rick had started hinting he would be willing to sell the DGP as far back as December 2011 :

Again in November 2012:

Then a bit more serious in December 2013:

Even more so in January 2013 when he announced he wasn't going to make it to the 30th:

Other hints here and there:

Then finally earlier in August when 'the Canadian' decided he wanted a piece of Fiero history : https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/092415-3.html#p97

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pissed or anything, there is a part of me that feels "guilty" (might be too strong of a word but you get what I'm saying) for taking it away from the US but I simply wanted to make clear that other buyers have had plenty of chances to make Rick an offer before me and make sure it stayed in the area.

I'm not planning on hiding the car away from the Fiero community. I may not be able to attend a lot of US shows in the mid-west but I'm planning on keeping this piece of Fiero history alive as I stated in another thread and I will do my best to attend US shows occasionally.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 09-02-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always give Danyel crap about Canada so I figured I would give you a little jab also

I honestly never took Rick seriously when he offered me the car. I never thought that he would truly sell it.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You afraid it's going to be hidden away in a igloo or what?

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

Kinda makes me twitch every time I read that, as if the fact that it's sold to a Canadian is a bad thing or something.

The only bad thing about it is that it's a Canadian from back east.

I'm obviously just kidding you. All that matters is that this car is owned by someone who'll look after it. I'm sure it's in good hands.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am happy with Benoit taking the car home. I know it is his turn to appreciate it like I did for those years. I felt very bad I was not taking it out like I should and amassed allot of information that I entrusted with Ben. And the way things are going with the American dollar you will have to pay him 100,000 dollars in exchange if you want to get it back to the states lol I kid

I know one day Ben will sell it and the next person will continue on the history with a small piece of them added to the car as I did and Ben will do. Rick B

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a chance to buy the car when I looked at the Indy. I was "all in" with my 88 Formula. Rick was awesome on sharing all the history on the DGP and the Indy. But I was in no position to buy it. My son wanted the Indy and couldn't go much further as far as cost. Now as far as a "Canadian" owning it I wouldn't get too butt hurt on that. A fellow Fiero Enthusiast bought it. It will go on and on. That is what it's all about here.
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I always give Danyel crap about Canada so I figured I would give you a little jab also
I honestly never took Rick seriously when he offered me the car. I never thought that he would truly sell it.

It's all good, I guess I needed to get this off my chest so I could feel a bit less guilty about the whole thing

Originally posted by Patrick:
The only bad thing about it is that it's a Canadian from back east.

Nothing like a good ol' EastCoast vs WestCoast controversy

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does a car like that sale for??
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

What does a car like that sale for??

If you mean the street version:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/092415-3.html#p97

The race car, I don't have a clue.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 09-03-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

@benoitmalenfant ..... welcome to the brotherhood of unloved canadians ..... LOLOL JOKE !!!! IMSA GT always likes to poke at me ... its all in good fun ... but one day it will be his turn

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-03-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
This is the the one I will buy when it comes on the selling block .....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

If you mean the street version:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/092415-3.html#p97

The race car, I don't have a clue.

Knowing Dave's car, I would think that $35,000 to $40,000 would be reasonable. Just a guess.
PFF
System Bot
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
Knowing Dave's car, I would think that $35,000 to $40,000 would be reasonable. Just a guess.

Anybody knows if he sold to a member here?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock