Started on: 12-03-2011 09:19 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: redraif on 01-03-2012 05:28 PM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
Do these cars have any guts , or is it just stock motors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item3f10e019f9

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 12-03-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
It depends. Some of the DGP (Diversified Glass Products) cars had varying levels of tune and option. I do know that there were some four cylinder 'Super Duty' equipped DGP cars and the ones that had the L44 V6 carried a turbo charger. You could also simply get the bodies as well for body conversions.

Here's one with the turbo L44 V6
http://the-stickman.tripod.com/banshee.html

And another with the Super Duty I4
http://the-stickman.tripod.com/myimsa.html
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

And another with the Super Duty I4
http://the-stickman.tripod.com/myimsa.html

......Which is owned by Pontiackid86 on here. It no longer has the SD-4
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Id much prefer the SD4.. more history and more power potential

this ones my IMSA Mines also a full DGP body... the one on Ebay is missing the over the roof scoop and the Wrap around spoiler and the front chin spoiler.... me personaly i think they look like hell without the spoiler... Mine used to have the SD4.. Also I dont think his was one put together by DGP.. His looks like it was a kit.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-04-2011).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Id much prefer the SD4.. more history and more power potential

this ones my IMSA Mines also a full DGP body... the one on Ebay is missing the over the roof scoop and the Wrap around spoiler and the front chin spoiler.... me personaly i think they look like hell without the spoiler... Mine used to have the SD4..

Didn't you buy back the original engine? Or did that deal fall through?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Didn't you buy back the original engine? Or did that deal fall through?

Kinda sort of fell though.. im working on getting a state job now so if i get it im gona buy it.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I like the wheels on that DGP, though they need to be wider in the back to fill out the widebody.

What's up the this steering wheel though?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed that he edited the description. I thought it was House of Kolor Orion Silver from the start and he now confirmed it. That color is so obnoxious in the sunlight that the car will stick out like a sore thumb. The flake is so bright that it almost looks wrong on the car. That color is usually reserved as a basecoat with a candy color on top. You can see the metallic in his photo and those were taken on a gloomy day.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Looking at the front end shot, all the gaps are off between hood, fenders, and fascia, buyer beware - could have been wrecked.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Looking at the front end shot, all the gaps are off between hood, fenders, and fascia, buyer beware - could have been wrecked.

I noticed that to... the DGP kit fits almost like a glove... another reason could be is it was peiced together with other IMSA body parts like IRM or FW.

heres my front.. lines up pretty well... i will tell you this though when you jack it up it does get a lil off center though

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-04-2011).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I like the wheels on that DGP, though they need to be wider in the back to fill out the widebody.

What's up the this steering wheel though?

Nothing special, I have a one of those in my garage. Came off a mid 90 Pontiac. Non-Airbag car. I have one with the Stereo contols in the middle too. Same size as the Fiero wheel, and a modern touch. Cost about $15 bucks at the Jyard

Rob
PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
DGP built only a few of these and that is not one of them. FieroMonkeys was part of the first three race bodies that were ordered and made to fit the Fiero frame. Mine was the actual first built directly to a Fiero and was Pontiac Motor Sports and GM's show car and was built with no marker lights. Then they built the Car Craft Car. One other was built at the shop for John Callies and was changed 3 times to its final state of a stage IV. All others came with marker lights after mine. You could buy these kits and you would install them or your body shop did it like this silver one.

If the price was right I may sell mine. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 12-05-2011).]

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

... I do know that there were some four cylinder 'Super Duty' equipped DGP cars and the ones that had the L44 V6 carried a turbo charger. You could also simply get the bodies as well for body conversions.

Here's one with the turbo L44 V6
http://the-stickman.tripod.com/banshee.html

Haven't seen/heard of one with a turbo V6.

Just to correct some misinformation, mine is not an L44 Turbo, it is a Turbo SD4, originally was a Turbo duke that had everything except the bock SD4. Crank, rods, pistons, head, valves, intake, all SD4 parts, only the block was a stock duke. I didn't trust the block, so i acquired a SD4 block motor to replace the stock duke block with SD4 parts setup it had when i got it.

Silver car on ebay has a lot of potential.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
^^^ I'd love to have that setting in my garage!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5
KTM 250SX

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Just to correct some misinformation, mine is not an L44 Turbo, it is a Turbo SD4, originally was a Turbo duke that had everything except the bock SD4. Crank, rods, pistons, head, valves, intake, all SD4 parts, only the block was a stock duke. I didn't trust the block, so i acquired a SD4 block motor to replace the stock duke block with SD4 parts setup it had when i got it.

Silver car on ebay has a lot of potential.

Asid from my IMSA yours is my favorite
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

DGP built only a few of these and that is not one of them. FieroMonkeys was part of the first three race bodies that were ordered and made to fit the Fiero frame. Mine was the actual first built directly to a Fiero and was Pontiac Motor Sports and GM's show car and was built with no marker lights. Then they built the Car Craft Car. One other was built at the shop for John Callies and was changed 3 times to its final state of a stage IV. All others came with marker lights after mine. You could buy these kits and you would install them or your body shop did it like this silver one.

If the price was right I may sell mine. Rick B

Does the girl come with the car?

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Just to correct some misinformation, mine is not an L44 Turbo, it is a Turbo SD4,

Yeah I'm stupid. I have no clue why I posted your car had a turbo six.
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
5 hrs left @ $2900. Someone hopefully will get a good deal =)

------------------
-Kyle
Email: kakagiraffe@gmail.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 V8, 5spd Isuzu, Spec Stage 4
True Dual Exhaust, Delta Cam (212,000 Miles)
1992 Honda Accord LX (220,000 Miles) 5spd

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I'm stupid. I have no clue why I posted your car had a turbo six.

Not at all. Info on these cars is scarce at best, and often incorrect or missing at worst. I have thought I had known things about my own car, then learned I had it wrong, so don't feel bad.
Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone go and check this car out? Just wondering if anyone was able to see if the alignment was accident related or a lack of attention to detail after paint? I'd ditch the aero nose and go for the classic DGP look. Just happen to have the stuff hanging on the wall to do it. Now the wheel issue, any ideas on longer wheel studs and 1/2 spacer as a short term visual fix?

------------------
FieroDriver -- WordPress For Pros - Wud's Photo Blogs

redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post
for such a low mileage car they sure have a dirty interior. Lets take a supposed RARE car and post it for sale with the interior filthy. Bees. Have some pride. Looks like it lives on a dirt road.

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock