Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 2014 Round-Up 17 Thread. hosted by Bat City Fieros (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 2014 Round-Up 17 Thread. hosted by Bat City Fieros by Marine1981
Started on: 01-08-2014 02:20 PM
Replies: 148 (3475 views)
Last post by: blakeinspace on 05-01-2014 03:10 PM
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Round Up 17 Official Dates April 25th, 26th and 27th.

Hello Everyone. It's a new year and the time is fast approaching for the annual Round Up in South Texas. This event for the past 16 years has been hosted by AAFO (Alamo Area Fiero Owners) and the members have done an excellent job. To give them a chance to relax a little bit Bat City Fieros will be taking the reins on planning the event this year. My wife and I have started planning but nothing is set in stone as of yet. We are planning to hold the event in the New Braunfels area so it is not too far from where it is traditionally held. We are in the early planning stages so if anyone has any suggestions on hotels, events, restaurants, locations and roads please email or private message me so we can work it out.

Ben Banks
Bat City Fieros
(This post will be edited to update with event details and information.)

HOTEL INFO:
We have a block of 20 rooms reserved at the Howard Johnson in New Braunfels for the 25th and 26th. The room rate is discounted to $49.95 a night. The Cut Off Date for this rate and the block of rooms ins going to be April the 11th. Tell them Ashley with the Hotel took the reservation. I told her callers would be referencing Round Up when making the reservations.

Howard Johnson
201 Texas 337 Loop
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Phone # is 830-629-6888

Shirt Orders $20 A Piece:
Ben and Becca. 1 Lge 1 Med
Shaun D. 1 X-Lge
Mike G 1 XX-Lge
Anthony 1 X-Lge 1 Lge
Blake M. 1 XX-Lge
Revin 1 X-Lge
Poe 1 XX-Lge
Jim 2 XX-Lge 1 Lge
TxOpie 1 Med
Mike P 2 X-Lge
Tom Slick 1 X-Lge
Brian 1 Lge
Seth 1 X-Lge 1 Lge
Joe C 1 X-Lge
Scott A. 1 X- Lge
Mike N 1 X-Lge 1 Sml
Trey K 1 Lge
Hywel 1 X-Lge
Nathan 2 Lge
Gene 1 X-Lge
Terry N. 1 XX-Lge
J Scott 1 Lge 1 Med
Rambozo 2 X-Lge
Dahlia 1 Sml 1 Med 1 Lge 1 X-Lge 5 XX-Lge 1 XXX-Lge
Iwanna 1 XXX-Lge 1 Sml 1 Lge
Mark J 1 X-Lge 1 XX-Lge 1 Lge

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 04-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as u get dates post them up so I can make sure I am off.

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't make it that day/weekend.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two Stars from the BBQ capitol of Texas in Lockhart:
https://kreuzmarket.com/

http://www.smittysmarket.com/

A very honerable mention in Austin:
http://franklinbarbecue.com/

Never had a bad meal at the New Braunfels Smokehouse.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 01-09-2014).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Becca had a "Snow Day" today and spent the day planning the BCF Fiero event AND parts of Round Up. Right now we are thinking May 2nd 3rd and 4th for the event. Please let me know if these dates do not work for you. I would like for as many people to make this event as possible.

Ben
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think NTFC has a calendar conflict that weekend with our annual appearance at the AER Car Show. We have been participating in this show since '04, and they traditionally have it the first weekend of May

However, it sounds like a fun trip!... I look forward to the annual trip south.

Also... avoid Kreuz Meat Market... NTFC + Mike Good and Darkwing all went there based on all the rave reviews... and wished we had gone to Arby's instead. It was terrible. And I mean that kindly. I did not enjoy it at all.

However... Smitty's and Black's (both on the Lockhart town square) are great. Also, there is good BBQ in Lulling too I hear.. Have not tried the big 2 there on opposite corners.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 01-30-2014).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for this info Blake. I will take Kruez off of my wish list.
-Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 01-29-2014).]

jwct7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early May looks good right now...
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there as long as the AER conflict gets resolved. I gotta hang with my new homies, NTFC.

Mike Parker
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parker PM sent
-Joe
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We haven't set any dates in stone yet. I don't want to go any later than the 4th of May. Mothers day is the next weekend and any later it might start to get to crowded. How about the 25th, 26th and 27th of April?
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Build it, they will come.

Mike P
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the dates sound great!, thanks for the flexibility. I will be plugging this BCF Round Up event at our meetings and activities in the coming months.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm good with the late April date

Im hoping to have "CODE BLUE" up and running by then, I'd love to take it out for a good run.

We are looking forward to this event, and to seeing all our friends!

Jim
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Updated first post with Hotel info.

Ben
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have vacation in so I will be there....
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations Made !!!

Ben: the hotel will be contacting you to confirm your room block

Jim
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jim, I just spoke to them and confirmed everything with someone else. Cutoff date for the block of rooms will be April the 11th.

Ben
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, but staying at my house and possibly missing some events. Son is in spring football. At least my car is running this year, until I tear it down again
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there if at all possible. Sharon is thinking about it. But I plan on being there for sure.

Mike P.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be there.
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the effn deal with me and hotel reservation personnel, had problems at Indy and Ruckus last year. Tried to reserve a room they didn't know what eff was going on. Thanks Ben! Guess I'm staying with you. Or is this Anthony's doing and not inviting me.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 02-24-2014).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, got reservations made. Was a whole process & PIA. Sharon & I will be there for Round-Up, probably not in a Fiero, but will be there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mike Parker
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the hassle guys. I just called and made my reservation too. Luckily she had already spoken with Tom Slick so she was aware of what's going on when I called. She said there is only one other person that works the front desk and she was going to let them know when they arrived. If anyone else has any issues give me a call or email me and I will get things straightened out. Anyone that has my number or email feel free to give it out to anyone that requests it.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ben, Not your fault, I had issues in Tyler as well. I talked and talked with the hotel. They just don't get in quickly. Welcome to hosting an event!

I know you , Becca and the Batty Fieros will have a great Round-Up this year.

Mike Parker
fierosa

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Date sounds great! Count me in!

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

fierosa

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierosa

135 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Bammm! Reservation made!

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep from Archives!
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shaping up to be a great Round-Up. Looks like the NTFC is going to have a few of us representing.

Looking forward to seeing everyone & kind of looking forward to seeing Joe Crawford. want to see Cathy just not real sure on that "Grove Rat", Joe.

Mike Parker
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Shaping up to be a great Round-Up. Looks like the NTFC is going to have a few of us representing.

Looking forward to seeing everyone & kind of looking forward to seeing Joe Crawford. want to see Cathy just not real sure on that "Grove Rat", Joe.

Mike Parker

Don't ya go fantizien bout Cathy. Parker she's a married woman!!!!

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 03-10-2014).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay this is from my boss. She has been off work all week and diving into the planning. Rob from San Antonio is handling the shirts so we should have some info on that soon.

"I've got a schedule set up but it's dependent on getting enough people so I need a headcount. Being hosted by Bat City Fieros, I thought we oughta visit a cave since it's not bat season yet. So I thought about doing the Discovery Tour at Natural Bridge Caverns. We can get a discount price of $15.99 a head if we can get enough people. Now I know Ben and I will be going, who else? It's already booked but it's not too late to make other arrangements. It's 3/4 mile long and takes around 75min. Please let us know via email, text/call, or here on the forum. Thank you!

Right now the cruise around Canyon Lake will be 107 miles with the longest stretch being 48miles. I plan to go test drive it this week to make sure it's all okay and check out lunch spots because finding a place that's big enough and not expensive is proving difficult."

Ben and Becca
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`ll be there.
Either on 4 or 2 wheels , can`t say yet.

Reservation made.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-13-2014).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for the cave!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike I may have a car running you can drive by then!

Ben
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I may be working on something myself too, but I don`t know.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cave thing sounds like a lot of fun. Sharon and I will have to bow out of the cave as she gets real claustrophobic in caves and/or long tunnels. But I say go for it, we will find something to fill the time.

Mike Parker
MarineWife1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineWife1981Send a Private Message to MarineWife1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Ben and I spent the afternoon exploring and testing the route and destinations. Made a couple of adjustments that I will verify on Tuesday but we have a solid itinerary with enough wiggle room for the unknown that inevitably happens with large groups, especially Fieros, lol. Very excited!

Round Up Itinerary (so far)
Friday: Undefined other than dinner at Phoenix Saloon with the possibility of live music (their April calendar isn't public yet).

Saturday: Continental breakfast at the HoJo or wander over to the Einstein's Bagels nearby. Admire the Fieros as people wake up then load up/line up 9:20am and leave by 9:30am. Get out of New Braunfels and head to the Natural Bridge Caverns. If we can't get at least 20 people to do the cave, then it will be an open venue. Check out their website. www.naturalbridgecaverns.com/ Check in for the tour is at 10am, tour starts at 10:20am and will end around 11:35am. We will plan to leave the Caverns around 11:45am but from here on, we have some wiggle room. We will head north towards Canyon Lake on some fun roads to our lunch spot (need to make a couple more phone calls). Enjoy some grub and fill up on gas if needed before we take some really nice roads all the way around the Lake. Stop at the scenic overlook/picnic area (so there's plenty of parking) for Devil's Backbone for a quick photo. Continue onward to Overlook Park at Canyon Lake Dam to stretch our legs after the 50 mile (70 minutes) run around the lake. Play Fiero Games if allowed. If not, it's a hop, skip and a jump to The Heritage Museum of the Texas Hill Country where they have Dinosaur tracks and all sorts of other exhibits for $4 entrance fee. Then begin our journey back to New Braunfels for some well-deserved steak and beverages at Montana Mike's.

Sunday: I know tradition is always Taco Cabana but I'm really not a fan. What do y'all think of changing it this one time to Whataburger? But there is a Taco Cabana nearby also.

~Becca
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i wasnt gonna go but since you mentioned montana mikes i may try and make it!
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything sounds great. You guys should have the Sunday Breakfast where you see fit, its your Round-Up. Nothing wrong with a BOB, (Breakfast On Bun).

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mike & Sharon Parker
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew I couldn't miss this year's Round-Up! I am going to see about getting off work when I go in tomorrow. Anyone willing to split a room for Sat. night?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock