Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-03-2013 05:22 AM
Replies: 334 (10758 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-05-2014 07:18 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now step up, and take complete ownership of this, the 6th page of Daytona

Originally posted by IIKool:

Hey John
Can you add two more people to the breakfast at sugarmill?

Done! Thanks for letting me know. This is the one thing that is more dependent on an exact number of people attending than anything else the whole weekend.

Originally posted by Ang84Indy:

No, I'm not bringing an Indy. That one isn't roadworthy.

Calling all Indy owners, there is a chance for you to use your "Official Pace Car" as an actual Official Pace Car! Again, it is not some official race, or televised, just a few laps around a track. Still it IS a chance to pace cars around a NASCAR track

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-10-2014).]

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
I just sent out an email to all who have registered on the website. The most important topic in the email is Friday morning breakfast at the Sugar Mill. 23 people have said that they will be joining us for breakfast, and another 31 have said "possibly". I need everyone to turn that "possibly" into a solid yes or no

The breakfast is probably the most crucial to get a close number on, as seating is certainly quite limited at the Sugar Mill. Please respond to the email, and let me know if you will or will not be joining us. If you did not receive the email, just drop me an email or PM and let me know. Thanks!
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time is getting closer

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent out 57 emails to those that registered. I asked for a definite yes or no for Breakfast on Friday, as I had 20 YES's and 30 "Possibly's". A whopping 4 have replied. I am so looking forward to the weekend, but I swear asking anyone for something as simple as a yes or no is a complicated and timely process!

I guess it comes down to this; If you have said you are doing breakfast on Friday, thank you, you will definitely be seated with the group. If not, I am sure there will be plenty of room, but you will probably be scattered around the restaurant, and seated with random families on vacation

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-11-2014).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Morning again, Does anyone know or guess basically how many Fiero cars are coming?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From registrations there are 40 Fieros. A few others have said they are coming, and have not registered. From previous years, quite a few give no notice, and just show up. I am putting out a VERY rough BALL PARK figure of around that 60+ Fieros will be at the show this year. Again, a VERY rough guess.

Does anyone have a good rep over at the other Fiero Forum that you can post about the show. I prefer not to go to that site, just my personal preference.

As for breakfast at the Sugar Mill on Friday morning, right now I have 31 people that say they will be there. I am still waiting for a solid yes or no on 23 "Possibly's" to get that number closer to accurate.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-11-2014).]

FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I, and the wife are going to the breakfast. I am getting some paint on the car before we go. but paint or no paint we are going. I did some more tuning, it is a lot better. But the TQ converter is not locking up. On this car you have to pull the drive line to change out the selinod. I have reserved the trailer/truck spot at the hotel. ( or so they said) We should get to the hotel wed after noon, so that if we have trouble on the road we will not be late for the show. NO STRESS, NO STRESS! The wife is not going into the show. If any body has a wife that is in the same boat, they could hang out, go shopping, to the beach, what ever people do when they are not doing car stuff, I wouldn't know about that.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was asked about leaving cars inside the track in an email, so I figured I would answer it here as well for any others that wanted to know.

For those that did not know, you can park you Fiero inside the track starting Thursday, and can leave it there until Sunday if you would like to do so.

I was also asked if a car that has been lowered 2 inches, will it be able to drive through the tunnel at turn 4. The registration form says the tunnel is not for use with low cars, and was just wondering how low is too low to make it through. Has anyone driven a 2" lowered Fiero through the tunnel at past Daytona events without issue?

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would depend on what type of bodywork your car has, especially the front end. For example, if you have an aftermarket front air dam or a custom front end that's pretty low, you should steer clear of the tunnel. And if your Fiero has the aero front end (GT / SE / Indy), and the car is lowered, better safe than sorry.

When you see all the scrape marks at the bottom of the tunnel, you'll know why they issue that warning.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drive very slow through the tunnel.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The registration form says the tunnel is not for use with low cars, and was just wondering how low is too low to make it through. Has anyone driven a 2" lowered Fiero through the tunnel at past Daytona events without issue?

My Emerald Dragon has 5.5 inches in the middle and 6 inches on the front with a Fiero Warehouse air dam and I am real careful going through the tunnel.

Of course my car is so scarred up from being driven that a few mare scrapes would not make any difference

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-13-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's also worth stating that you can't enter through the tunnel. You enter through the back stretch. You do have the option to exit through the tunnel but you certainly don't have to. Most of us exit off the back stretch.
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last year we were allowed to enter through the tunnel
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen the signs for "Show car entry" point to anywhere but the gate on the east side of the track. Maybe it was a re-entry or the other gate was crowded. Regardless, the tunnel issue shouldn't scare anyone away.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

the tunnel issue shouldn't scare anyone away.

I ain't scared of no stinking tunnel!

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As stated above, the tunnel is optional. Personally I won't go thru it again. I did some serious scuffing to the bottom of my chin spoiler a couple of years ago. Here is a guy that lookd like he's about to lose his Hedman headers. It looks like he might be having second thoughts. Haha

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 03-14-2014).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that my car sounds damn fine going through the tunnel
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I replied but just in case you do not have my plan. Myself and one other person will be going to the sugar mill but not having breakfast we are going to help with the poker run and check out the place.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

From registrations there are 40 Fieros. A few others have said they are coming, and have not registered. From previous years, quite a few give no notice, and just show up. I am putting out a VERY rough BALL PARK figure of around that 60+ Fieros will be at the show this year. Again, a VERY rough guess.

Does anyone have a good rep over at the other Fiero Forum that you can post about the show. I prefer not to go to that site, just my personal preference.

As for breakfast at the Sugar Mill on Friday morning, right now I have 31 people that say they will be there. I am still waiting for a solid yes or no on 23 "Possibly's" to get that number closer to accurate.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some are ready to escape the cold and roll south

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Some are ready to escape the cold and roll south

Frank is that yours?

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There aint no snow in Cocoa, Florida..not FRank's. Fiero. Looks like a Michigan Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob Holtz's me thinks. That is one finely detailed fiero.
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready to head south also. Yes, looks like Bob's Fiero.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

There aint no snow in Cocoa, Florida..not FRank's. Fiero. Looks like a Michigan Fiero.

Lar I know that but it could have been a photo of a car he just bought (not in Cocoa, Florida) ;-)
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its Bob's, just out of hibernation.
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this was late last year at the "Cruisin Keesler" AF Base car show. I was having problems with getting "links" from photo bucket so I needed a picture to post on here to see if it works now.

It works!
If you look over my rear fender you can see a corvette. In every corvette their is a little button in the glove box. If you press it the 4 girls pop out and wax the vet. The vet guy had them stand next to my car for the picture.
But back to the fiero. I took the car to Maaco to day to get a quick 20/60 paint job. ( looks good from 20 feet and 60 mph) I have a lot more I want to do to the body but I wanted it to look good for the starting line photo and at the beach.
I wet sanded all the red paint, by hand, in the rain on sat.

Then I used a piece of "foam board" from Dollar Tree to make a sign for the show. I had my son cut it to be the same size as the sun roof so it would fit in the trunk were the sun roof goes. I cut a grove in a block of wood to hold it up. Stick on letters and glued on paper and I have a sign.

[This message has been edited by FFIEROFRED (edited 03-17-2014).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more headed south

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T Minus 10 days and counting!

The show is coming up fast now! Just going over the numbers, and so far 89 people have registered through the website. I am told that in all previous years 20+ would never give notice, and just show up on Saturday for the show. We are looking at good attendance for a great weekend!

We have 42 people confirmed at the Sugar Mill on Friday Morning for breakfast, with another 14 originally saying they are coming, or possibly coming. That is a great number to kick start the weekend with! This should make for a really nice number for the cruise and BBQ pool party Friday as well!

Just a small note, you can sit up north and call that poor little groundhog all sorts of nasty names under your breath, or throw on some shorts and join us for the expected sunny days, with highs in the low 80's for the 2014 Florida Fiero Weekend! Make you decision now if you have not already, as you have just 10 days left to decide!

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's so much stuff for goodie bags, raffles and door prizes, that I can barely walk into my living room. I don't think it will fit in the Fiero...
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting Ready Time is getting short. The weather is great.

5 GUYS cruse-in toady around 5:30

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-20-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We Just got a couple of new registrations filled out on the website today, and I added them to the map. I will be sending out an email early next week to all those that have registered and provided their email addresses. The email will have final details, any important notes, as well as contact information, including cell phone numbers, for all of the shows coordinators. If you have any questions, or need to find out exactly where the group is at any time when you get into the area, feel free to give one of us a call.

Those that have pre-registered on the Fiero Events website are in for a treat! The goodie bags are going to be overflowing with some cool stuff this year

Here is a current map of attendees that have registered through the website. There are going to be quite a few more than are on the map below. After looking over the list of Turkey Rod registrations, I found a LOT of people who registered there, and not on the Fiero Events website.

(We do have one couple coming in all the way from Colorado! They are so far away, It was difficult to get a zoomed in enough map of attendees. Therefore they are not on this map, but get honorable mention )

1 WEEK AND COUNTING DOWN! ! ! !
PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I put the Wind Dancer in the in the beauty salon Wed. To have it color sanded and buff. Will be picking him up this afternoon and he should be beautiful. A couple of small things have still to be done, install gas struts on the hood, install one mirror on the inside of the hood, and I'm sure a brunch of small things. Plus lot and lots of cleanings. BTW I'm not having the car judge, hopefully just admired. See everybody at the show.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car shows very well. Please reconsider judging.

Originally posted by IIKool:

Well I put the Wind Dancer in the in the beauty salon Wed. To have it color sanded and buff. Will be picking him up this afternoon and he should be beautiful. A couple of small things have still to be done, install gas struts on the hood, install one mirror on the inside of the hood, and I'm sure a brunch of small things. Plus lot and lots of cleanings. BTW I'm not having the car judge, hopefully just admired. See everybody at the show.

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested, I booked a room at the Quality Inn last night with the Fiero discount rate and the lady said they had five or six rooms available.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

If anyone is interested, I booked a room at the Quality Inn last night with the Fiero discount rate and the lady said they had five or six rooms available.

I just called and they said that they have only a few rooms left but none at the Fiero discount rate.
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is back from MAACO. Cheap paint, it just has to look good for the pictures. they will last longer then the paint.

I am the little star in Gulfport on the map, down at the bottom.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's entirely possible that our block of reserved rooms have been exhausted. Remember, the Best Western we have used for years is offering a low rate too, and they are only a few blocks west of the Quality Inn. Several members are stayting there as well, so you would have plenty of company at either location.

PS. I'm extremely pleased to see you coming up this year, we missed you last year.

Robert

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I just called and they said that they have only a few rooms left but none at the Fiero discount rate.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

PS. I'm extremely pleased to see you coming up this year, we missed you last year.

Robert

Me too,...i can't wait to get a look at that Amida dash in person !
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unhappily the Best Western filled up faster than the Quality Inn. There has been nothing left on Friday for about a week.

Something about the location - next door to the Ale House and easy waling distance from BJ's

I did hear about availability at La Quinta across the street from the Best Western, but can not swear to it.

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Something about the location - next door to the Ale House and easy waling distance from BJ's

No problem, I do not plan to do any waling this weekend

There seems to be some debate on the best place to stay. The quality Inn which is higher rated, far newer, same price, and directly across the street from the track, or the Best Western, the "same place used for years". Both are nice hotels, and either have been available to book rooms at. The Quality Inn is the "Host Hotel" but by no means the only place to stay.

The Quality inn was chosen this year as something new and different. Also because it is the Top Rated Hotel on TripAdvisor in the Daytona Beach area. On top of that it was the National Winner of the 2014 Choice Hotels' Platinum Award. It is also within walking distance to the Go Kart racing, Tijuana Flats, and directly across the street, and walking distance from the track.

They also have a lot of nice amenities:

• Car Washing Station
  • Complimentary 35-item Hot Breakfast Buffet
  • Complimentary Freshly Baked Cookies, Nightly
  • Complimentary Citrus Juice Refreshment Center
  • Complimentary Newspaper
  • Complimentary 24 hr Coffee Station with gourmet teas
  • 24/7 Eats Room Service
  • Fitness Center
  • Free High Speed Wi-Fi Internet Access
  • Business Center
  • Guest Laundry Facilities
  • Wake-Up Calls
  • Outdoor Cafe Seating
  • iPads in Lobby
  • Welcome Pets with fees and restrictions

Wherever you are staying, this is going to be one great weekend!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-21-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock