Started on: 09-01-2013 04:11 PM
Replies: 79 (2272 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 01-23-2014 10:11 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:
The only funds that the club gets is the initial registration fee, which covers some of the costs associated with show set up, and raffles $ from donated items, all other $ are to the vendors/events.

I am trying to understand, but I don't quite understand everything yet.

Ok, "the club gets the initial registration fee" This is not the registration for Daytona themselves right? If not what other registration is there, you had replied that there was only one $25 fee paid to Daytona (or $15 each day at the gate). Is there a second registration fee for something else?

Now the fees that are collected help cover "the costs associated with show set up". The space is covered by each person paying to get into the track correct? What other set up costs are there, and how much is needed to cover everything?

I ask all these questions, as I am trying to get a grasp on what all needs to be done for the show to continue, and what all is involved. I really want to be a part of helping to see that the show continues. The more information I can get from past events helps to know what will be needed to continue moving forward.

[EDIT: Page Ownership is MINE ]

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will hopefully be my last response here as I hate the GFC section with a passion. It seems to bring out all the snide comments and ugly attitudes. But I want to clear something up here.

Anyone who contacted me to say they would be willing to assist in any capacity will be contacted by me over the next few days. I will answer any questions I know the answers to.

Do I know the expenses of previous shows? Nope.
Do I know where collected fees went to? No but I know there have been charities supported in the past.
Who and for how much? I do not know.
I have never been a fan of the double registration and double fee. I always have registered with Daytona and almost never with the Fiero inner show.
My assumption is that there were expenses associated with the BBQ dinner and awards ceremony back at the hotel. But again, I don't know.
Those event have never really interested me and being forced to pay for them just meant that I didn't register for anything.
I know that they eventually went to an a la carte registration for everything so it would be possible to get a more accurate head count, but I wasn't able to navigate the web page easily and gave up.
Expect a much better web site this year.

NOW... if you ever had an axe to grind with how a previous show was run, you'll have to address those issue with the previous management of those shows, as you should have done when you were offended.
I'm not going to be responsible for defending the Daytona show from 2009, etc... That just isn't fair.
I will make a promise to those concerned about past shows, that if you let me know what's on your mind concerning the 2014 show I will make every effort to either accommodate your request or explain why I can't.
Things aren't always as they appear to be and people rarely know all the details of any given situation. Through friendly, calm, rational conversation we can at least reach an understanding.

This year's show will be MUCH different than in the past. There have always been components of this show that I thought could be done better but knowing how much work was involved, I always kept my mouth shut out of respect for those who made the commitment and effort to organize an event for so many of us to enjoy. Plus they were all minor and I was stilling enjoying the event so why rock the boat?

Again, stay tuned to the events section for updates. I have a pretty decent size crew of volunteers so far.
My goal for next week is to brainstorm about possible activities for inside as well as outside of the track.
What these activities are and what they will cost, will dictate how much money is needed. But for the most part everything that is essential to the core event has no added cost above the Daytona Speedway registration fee.
Will we be supporting a charity this year? Id like to. But that will be clearly communicated with any donating vendors prior to them giving the donation.
Likewise, any support we give to a charity will be clearly communicated after the fact so that you know we didn't just pocket the money.
Cool?

If you need to call me, PM me and I'll send my cell number.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 09-07-2013).]

Proud88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS,

I have been a volunteer of he Daytona show since 2000. I can tell you that each show has start up cost involved that must be used in order to make things happen. Hotels require money to get a banquet room, money up front for the cost of the banquet, shirts set up fee is a cost, gas mileage to and from vendors (Daytona) is a cost, sending out vender letters cost, trophies require money up front cost, events at the track and set up materials is a cost. Jimmy all the money that the show collects is to off set the cost that many of the volunteers spend to make the show happen. Any left over money which is very little maybe a couple of hundred dollars is used the next year. Most volunteers put their own money into the show and hope that people will come. I will tell you this is one of the reasons that many volunteers from the past have a hard time volunteering again. Because there is a risk that you will not got paid back for the money you donated to the show. Since Daytona I can tell you myself included have lost money in Daytona. The volunteers that come back year after year to help, spend their own money and do this because they love getting a lot of fiero owners together to talk about the car they love.

Mitchell
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

JimmyS,

I have been a volunteer of he Daytona show since 2000. I can tell you that each show has start up cost involved that must be used in order to make things happen. Hotels require money to get a banquet room, money up front for the cost of the banquet, shirts set up fee is a cost, gas mileage to and from vendors (Daytona) is a cost, sending out vender letters cost, trophies require money up front cost, events at the track and set up materials is a cost. Jimmy all the money that the show collects is to off set the cost that many of the volunteers spend to make the show happen. Any left over money which is very little maybe a couple of hundred dollars is used the next year. Most volunteers put their own money into the show and hope that people will come. I will tell you this is one of the reasons that many volunteers from the past have a hard time volunteering again. Because there is a risk that you will not got paid back for the money you donated to the show. Since Daytona I can tell you myself included have lost money in Daytona. The volunteers that come back year after year to help, spend their own money and do this because they love getting a lot of fiero owners together to talk about the car they love.

Mitchell

And herein lies my dilemma with this. The 4 years I attended (2 as a vendor) There was no banquet room. Any and all awards/trophies were donated and paid for by V8Archie. Promotion and or vendor letters are done by email, phone and here on the forum. Your gas to and from Daytona, food, hotel etc. should not be the responsibility of other peoples money. T-shits are being sold not given away. Each individual pays for their dinner.

Again, as a vendor, I deserved full disclosure that my donated items were going to be raffled off. Being led to believe that items are for a "Door Prize" only to see them being raffled off is wrong!

Sounds to me like the show is being run as a "Business Venture" more than a show.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy,

I think it's a fine line between charging unnecessary fees and trying to hold a car show for free. For example, there are certain things that people have come to expect when attending a show like this.

1. Goodie bag filled with useful items. Some of the items are donated, assuming somebody spends countless hours on the phone soliciting the suppliers.
2. Dash plaque with artwork
3. Printed registration cards and window inserts.
4. Key chains or some commemerative item
5. Laminated name badge with artwork
6. Signage and barriers for class parking
7. Registration booth, audio system, tent, tables, etc, etc.

Sure, I guess we could forgo all of this stuff and just let people come in and park wherever the heck they feel like. But I don't think the vast majority of people would find it very inviting.

Now, where I DO agree with you is, all donated products from vendors should be earmarked as either a door prize or a raffle item. This should be agreed upon by both the events coordinator and the vendor prior to the event. I also agree that the double registration fee is burdonsome, not to mention inconvenient. These are all things that we can work on the streamline the show requirements. Food service is probably the most costly thing surrounding this particular event. If we didn't reserve a banquet room, or
cater the awards breakfast, it would knock a considerable amount off the total cost. The question is, how many people enjoy these "nicities" vs how many that don't.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. Goodie bag filled with useful items. Some of the items are donated, assuming somebody spends countless hours on the phone soliciting the suppliers. (Free)
2. Dash plaque with artwork (Being Sold, Only got 1 if you payed to have your car judged or bought 1 seperate)
3. Printed registration cards and window inserts. (Ok I can see a $25 (Max) expense here)
4. Key chains or some commemerative item (Never seen this at Daytona for the 4 years I attended and even if it had been, Being Sold)
5. Laminated name badge with artwork (Never seen this unless you bought one on your own)
6. Signage and barriers for class parking (Again not in the 4 years I attended)
7. Registration booth, audio system, tent, tables, etc, etc. (No "booth", Bullhorn or speaking loudly, how many times do they need to be bought?)

Most if not all the legitimate expense I can come up with should be able to be covered by the 50/50 drawing)

Going as a vendor requires expenses also but I rely on sales of my product (invested money) to cover them. T-shirt, Dash Plaques, Keychains ect. are a product not associated with the cost of the show. Those items are a gamble and at the gamblers risk.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Sure, I guess we could forgo all of this stuff and just let people come in and park wherever the heck they feel like. But I don't think the vast majority of people would find it very inviting.

Personally, this seems to be the way most shows are going. Most people are already dropping hundreds on gas and hotel, just being able to show up and park where you want appeals to me. If I want a T-shirt or trinkets I can buy them or not. If I want to eat at a restaurant I can buy a dinner or not. Including all the other stuff appeals to some, but I prefer to opt out and not pay for all the extras.

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 months can't come fast enough.Didn't make it to the 30th or Daytona last year so hopefully I will get to make it even if I'm still not living in Florida at the time of the show.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Personally, this seems to be the way most shows are going. Most people are already dropping hundreds on gas and hotel, just being able to show up and park where you want appeals to me. If I want a T-shirt or trinkets I can buy them or not. If I want to eat at a restaurant I can buy a dinner or not. Including all the other stuff appeals to some, but I prefer to opt out and not pay for all the extras.

That is the plan. Pay for what you want to do. You coming down this year JSCOTT?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

You coming down this year JSCOTT?

I'd like to. It would be even better if I could work it into spring break and bring my son, but the dates just never seem to line up.
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy,

Yes a car show is just a car show but to say there are no start up cost for a three day show you must be on something. Things do not just happen because I talked to someone and promised to pay later. Shirt designs for the show require a set up fee. We also must order shirts in before show or knowing how many people are coming which requires (money up-front). If we guess the amount of shirts wrong we lose money. Trophies/ awards you assume that since they are sponsored that means they were all paid by that sponsor. Some years that was correct and some years not completely correct. By the way, we order the awards before the show which means guess, guess, personal money up-front. We then send the invoice to the vendor for the cost after the awards are made. There are cost in planning a show of this size that each volunteer takes on their own. I have taking three cars to Daytona some years in order to bring all the supplies etc to the show. ( I have one Fiero). That means Jimmy, that I drove from Orlando to Daytona 6 times. None of us live in Daytona. So during planning of the event, signing contracts for great pricing on Hotels etc there are cost in mileage. I guess the volunteers should just take that lost each year because a show should not be a business venture.

Why don't we get past this B.S. from past shows and focus on the new show this year. Questioning the past does nothing to help us plan for the future. By the way, Jimmy we are looking for volunteers. So let us know how you plan to help us this year.

Mitchell
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jimmy,

Yes a car show is just a car show but to say there are no start up cost for a three day show you must be on something. Things do not just happen because I talked to someone and promised to pay later. Shirt designs for the show require a set up fee. We also must order shirts in before show or knowing how many people are coming which requires (money up-front). If we guess the amount of shirts wrong we lose money. Trophies/ awards you assume that since they are sponsored that means they were all paid by that sponsor. Some years that was correct and some years not completely correct. By the way, we order the awards before the show which means guess, guess, personal money up-front. We then send the invoice to the vendor for the cost after the awards are made. There are cost in planning a show of this size that each volunteer takes on their own. I have taking three cars to Daytona some years in order to bring all the supplies etc to the show. ( I have one Fiero). That means Jimmy, that I drove from Orlando to Daytona 6 times. None of us live in Daytona. So during planning of the event, signing contracts for great pricing on Hotels etc there are cost in mileage. I guess the volunteers should just take that lost each year because a show should not be a business venture.

Why don't we get past this B.S. from past shows and focus on the new show this year. Questioning the past does nothing to help us plan for the future. By the way, Jimmy we are looking for volunteers. So let us know how you plan to help us this year.

Mitchell

Again... I'm not buying the T-shirt excuse. You sell those T-shirts to recoup your invested money. If you don't sell enough shirts then that's on you. It is no different than me taking the risk of developing new products to sell. If I recoup my investment then so be it. It's a risk "I" had to take. As for the money put out in advance for the awards, you know that money is coming back so again... not buying the excuse. The Daytona show will happen with or without a Fiero Group attendance so organizing a Fiero attendance should be pretty easy. As for a hotel, another excuse. Half the people don't stay at the designated hotel anyway so there really is no need to have a designated hotel. As for how many trips you made to Daytona, YOU VOLUNTEERED! Do you know the meaning of Volunteer? You think I don't have expenses to come as a vendor? Did I rely on you or the show to help me recoup my expense? Don't rely on "my" products to get "your" money back. I'm not your bank.

I offered my service to 2 different people (over a week ago) VIA PM and have not received a call as of yet. As far as I'm concerned, they don't want my input. That's fine with me.

I'm going to say this for the last time and I'm done with this. Raffling off an item that was donated under the guise of a "Door Prize drawing" is wrong! There is no justification for it! As a donating vendor, I deserved full disclosure as to what my donated items would be used for.

If the organizers of 2014 intend on doing things in this same manner, I will not participate in any way, shape, or form.
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked with Jimmy. All is good. We have the same ideas for Daytona. Good talking with you.

Mitchell

[This message has been edited by Proud88GT (edited 09-11-2013).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked with Jimmy. All is good. We have the same ideas for Daytona. Good talking with you.

Mitchell

Same here. I think we are both on the same page and I appreciate you listening to my input and ideas. As a Fiero Enthusiast, I am excited about where the show is going. I am as equally excited looking on from a Vendors point of view.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clem time for your count down.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to Chuck on the phone, and it looks like this is going to be a great Daytona Show for 2014! Lots of fantastic idea's being tossed around, and a lot of planning to do yet, but it is all going in the right direction for sure!
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too early.

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Clem time for your count down.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I just talked to Chuck on the phone, and it looks like this is going to be a great Daytona Show for 2014! Lots of fantastic idea's being tossed around, and a lot of planning to do yet, but it is all going in the right direction for sure!

That is definately good to hear. I can't wait to attend my first show,and hopefully not my last one.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already on the calendar .
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I booked my room tonight and looks like the rooms are going going gone. Just kidding still plenty available at the 69 dollar rate but going fast don't wait till the last min or you might have to pay premium prices.

Looking forward to 2014 show as I've missed the last two.

Clem.....count down?
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The worst part about a life-time project car, it's never ready for events. Ever.
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is tempting... only thing that sucks is itll have to be a last minute decision
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

The worst part about a life-time project car, it's never ready for events. Ever.

Mines in the works, good chance it will be ready for the event but then it might not, still going for the fun. This year looking to be like a wining show (old day attendance which means lots of Fieros and friends)

Regardless its always a good time, If you like Fieros, Muscle Cars and anything in between it will be at show, so how could anyone not have a good time.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87GT2M6

1297 posts
Member since Jan 2008
JohnWPB set up this site for the event check it out and register if you are going to attend.

http://www.fieroevents.com

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Havent been in a while.
The Fiero has an oil leak so I wont be pushing it to Daytona next year. Rear oil seal so the engine has to come out.

But if work permits I could drive the Vette over, wont know till it gets a little closer.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Havent been in a while.
The Fiero has an oil leak so I wont be pushing it to Daytona next year. Rear oil seal so the engine has to come out.

But if work permits I could drive the Vette over, wont know till it gets a little closer.

Have the same leak, rear main seal. Only it leaks very little and since I'm doing a swap it will stay that way for now.

animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Jimmy s and all the rest,

I don't know about the rest of the Space Coast Fiero volunteers, but I've used my part of the profits from the Daytona show over the last 15+ years to remodel my home, buy a new Corvette and a flat screen TV - not to mention purchase a piece of crap Indy.

Originally posted by JimmyS:

And herein lies my dilemma with this. The 4 years I attended (2 as a vendor) There was no banquet room. Any and all awards/trophies were donated and paid for by V8Archie. Promotion and or vendor letters are done by email, phone and here on the forum. Your gas to and from Daytona, food, hotel etc. should not be the responsibility of other peoples money. T-shits are being sold not given away. Each individual pays for their dinner.

Again, as a vendor, I deserved full disclosure that my donated items were going to be raffled off. Being led to believe that items are for a "Door Prize" only to see them being raffled off is wrong!

Sounds to me like the show is being run as a "Business Venture" more than a show.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who's attending thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092838.html or simply start posting in this thread as an extension.

post below is credited to JohnWPB...

The planning and organizing of the 2014 Daytona Show is in Full swing! Come join us starting on Thursday March 27th 28th, 29th & 30th for the largest Fiero Car Show in the South East !

Check out:
FieroEvents.com
for more information, and links to book your room!

Ok folks, we need your help for a couple of things!

• First: For those that are attending the show, PLEASE head on over to http://www.fieroevents.com and click the "Register" Button. This is a way to let organizers know how many people to expect for the show. This really helps in planning any events, dinners or other activities. Also this year, we will be giving away "Goodie Bags" for those that preregister. If you would like one of the goodie bags, you must preregister before March 1st.

• Second: If you would like to volunteer to help with the show, head on over to http://www.fieroevents.com and click on the "Volunteer" button. Some things that we need help with are listed, you can request something in the special instructions, or just volunteer to help, and we will put you on the list to assist with things that come up. If we need help with something, we will contact the people on that list to see if it is something they could do, and are interested in doing.

This year Chuck (2002z28ssconv) from Central Florida Fiero's has taken on the task of organizing the event this year. There are a lot of great things in the works, and more information will be available soon! One thing new this year will be a "photo op at the beach". You have the opportunity to drive your car right onto Daytona Beach (Hard packed sand) and have a photo taken by a photographer, with the Atlantic ocean as the backdrop. The photo's will be turned into a post card like format with some cool text and graphics, and given to each person free of charge as a memento of the weekend. There is a thread with a little more information in the Events section. There will be Hundreds of dollars in door prizes given away for free, as well as a raffle for some other fantastic items. Many Fiero vendors will be on hand to show off and sell, and answer questions about their products.

The host hotel this year will be the Quality Inn directly across the track from the Daytona Speedway. We got a special group rate of $69 per night ($109 regularly). This is an award winning hotel, and they offer a LOT of amenities, such as a FREE 35 item hot breakfast for starters! The hotel was just named the #1 top rated hotel on TripAdvisor in the entire Daytona Beach area. I talked to the manager for over an hour, and she is one amazingly nice and accommodating lady! She actually wants to get a group photo of all the Fiero's parked at the hotel for their website! She offered me a free room for choosing the hotel for the group. I decided to take her up on the offer! I am then going to donate what the room would have already cost me anyways, to the charity that we are raising money for this year which is "The Scleroderma Foundation"

You must register directly with the Turkey Rod event at . The fee is $25 to bring your Fiero into the track area for the show. That $25 includes the entry fee for your Fiero, and up to 4 people for all 3 days of the event. For those just attending the show and not bringing a Fiero onto the field, the general admission prices are as follows: Admission $10 per day Friday – Saturday ~ $5 Sunday. Children 11 and under free.

So, grab your sunscreen, leave the cold weather & snow behind, and join us in Florida March 28th and 29th & 30th!

Check out the [URL=https://www.facebook.com/2014Fiero]2014 Daytona Face Book Page
and please LIKE and spread the word!

PS: To all you Minnesota'ns I have been up there 5 times now for the Tyler build and car shows, so NO excuses to not leave the -25 March weather, and get down here for the show

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 01-23-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
March needs to hurry up and get here already..

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 01-22-2014).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

The way JimmyS is talking I am suprised anyone even wants to go and
hear all the negativity about the show.It seems he might be afraid of
not selling enough parts to people as he can.

Seriously?

Even as lame as your aim is, you might not want to piss on the shoes of people you don't know, especially when it regards matters that you probably don't really understand.

James certainly doesn't need me to defend him, but I know I'm pretty safe in saying that he has DONATED far more $ worth of his parts to the Daytona show than he's ever sold there.
In fact he has even donated merchandise for this NEXT SHOW, but that didn't occur to you did it Scooter?
Nice job!
Piss all over a guy who just DONATED to the next show!
You're a class act fella!

and YOU comment on *his* negativity about the show

In fact, I'm not quite sure why you felt compelled to take a swipe at JimmyS on this issue anyway, unless you mistakenly thought that he was somehow alone in his earlier criticism? If that's the case, then please allow me to disabuse you of that fantasy and assure you that there are a good number of us that agree with JimmyS and even some of us who even feel more strongly about some of the things that have been wrong with the Daytona show in the *past*.

...and with that said I'll focus on the functional word I used above...*past*, because it LOOKS like the folks that are attempting to put together the upcoming show in March have , (and are) doing much to FIX a lot of the crap that happened in the PAST.

What baffles me now is WHY you want to keep some crap strirred up?
Can you explain that to me please?

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-22-2014).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The way JimmyS is talking I am suprised anyone even wants to go and
hear all the negativity about the show.It seems he might be afraid of
not selling enough parts to people as he can.

Excuse me!? You seem to have a problem with me and also seem to think you know about my business. Let me tell ya something... My business is none of your business and I'll ask you kindly to keep your nose where it belongs.

I am a double donator to the show. I am donating as a vendor as well as an attendee. Randye is correct in saying that I have given away more at Daytona than I have sold.

Let me know when you have contributed as much as I have to the Fiero community. Better get busy though cause you have A LOT of catching up to do.

I will be at the show so if you feel the urge to take up your problem with me in person then by all means come see me.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-22-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Excuse me!? You seem to have a problem with me and also seem to think you know about my business. Let me tell ya something... My business is none of your business and I'll ask you kindly to keep your nose where it belongs.

I am a double donator to the show. I am donating as a vendor as well as an attendee. Randye is correct in saying that I have given away more at Daytona than I have sold.

I will be at the show so if you feel the urge to take up your problem with me in person then by all means come see me.

Where would you like to meet.

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be at my vendor tent and waiting on your arrival.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-22-2014).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really should just have the good common sense to offer Jimmy a sincere apology and be done with it.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

You really should just have the good common sense to offer Jimmy a sincere apology and be done with it.

I'm in Florida......Why does he want to meet earlier than March?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

who's attending thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090685.html or simply start posting in this thread as an extension.

Wow, you dug up an old thread! That was a thread to see who was attending LAST year The thread that you copied the entire first post from, is the official thread for this year (Other than the announcement of the show in the Events sub forum that is)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-23-2014).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops.... Thanks for clearing that up John

I'll edit link to reflect the correct one.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first and last post I will make on this - the threats and bickering that I see in this thread is one of the reasons I do not visit the forum as much as I use to. I signed up to attend, and quite frankly, am second guessing myself.

I'd rather spend the weekend with folks that are enjoying each others company, and talking about the hobby that resulted in me driving a couple hundred miles and spending a day or two (or more) in hotel.

Why not work this stuff out over pm, and get it resolved before the show. I am not interested in seeing grown men fight over something someone did or said over the internet.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop the insults immediately!! We're busting our asses to make this a nice event, Attendence levels are up and vendor participation is high, so the last thing we need is to keep bringing this thread to the top. There is an official Daytona thread to follow at //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092838.html

PLEASE DO NOT FURTHER POST TO THIS THREAD

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 01-23-2014).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

PLEASE DO NOT FURTHER POST TO THIS THREAD

I agree. This thread has now served its purpose.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock