Started on: 07-29-2013 03:18 PM
Replies: 37 (1513 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 02-08-2015 10:43 PM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First word for the spring.

We appreciate and value everyone's input and are very excited to announce that the 2014 Spring Daytona Turkey Run 3 day event will be:

Friday, March 28th
Saturday, March 29th
Sunday, March 30th
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many fieros show up last year? I'm thinking of coming down in 2014
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have it, they will come.

I have missed it for a couple years due to conflict. Made it this past March and really glad I did. I enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. I plan on going this next spring if they have it.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings fellow Fiero enthusiasts. Please allow me to introduce myself as the Events Coordinator for the Central Florida Fieros car club.
On behalf of CFF as well as the other local clubs, we welcome you to Central Florida for the 2014 show.

From what I'm hearing there will likely be some major changes in the management of the Fiero gathering in Daytona for 2014.
That's not quite final yet. Time will tell.
I plan on doing EVERYTHING in my power to see that the 2014 gathering is just as much of a success as any of our shows have ever been.
Am I taking the lead role in planning and organizing the show? Not at this time. Am I opposed? No I'm not. There may be others that can do the job better than me though.

What I CAN tell everyone is that there will still be a gathering. We will still have events and door prizes, etc....

So mark your calendars. Get your rooms booked. Get your Fieros road-worthy. And get your butts down here!

If you have any ideas for new stuff or requests for keeping old traditions... speak up.
If you'd like to get rid of something let's hear about that in a PM so that we don't hurt each other's feelings

Thanks and we hope to see everyone in March!

Chuck
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As discussed in another section, it's official that Daytona will no longer be promoted by Frank or Marc.
I won't throw a link to that discussion because it's talking about an event but not in the Events section. Plus discussions in that area of PFF have a tendency to turn ugly. So for the record civilized HELPFUL discussion is welcome here. All the drama crap, there - as always.

Here's where we stand.
Looks like I'm the guy to step up to the plate and organize this endeavor. (unless I hear another volunteer - please???)

First order of business, if you are able and willing to lend a hand with anything at all, send me a PM. I don't care if you're from Florida or not.

Second order of business, let's get a list of cool stuff to do, in the track as well as outside.
Once we have that list volunteers will be required to sign up and sponsor that event or activity. No sponsors, no event. If one person signs up for an event I'll see to it that you have help to make sure your event is a success. I'm not saying you have to pay for it. You will just be responsible for running the event, day of - usually just making sure business owners know we're coming and then get the info to participants so they know what to do. It ain't that hard.

I have already heard from a few that want to help. I've heard from a couple that say I'm crazy for taking it on. So be it. One thing's for sure, I won't be sitting on the sideline whining about not having a Fiero presence at the Daytona show in 2014. If we don't succeed, at least we tried.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 09-03-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck count me in !
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke with the Main event coordinator and he said we'll still be in the same spot as always. We spoke for a while because I wanted to make sure that any of our little side events weren't going to cause them heart burn with their insurance agent. Unfortunately the blind man slalom is a no-go. Anything that involves moving cars would be a no-no. Racing tricycles or pushing gokarts is all good.

So what do you think about tricycle races again? Different clubs from around the world can build their own tricycle and complete in various events. For that matter he thought it would be fun if we threw out a challenge to the other car clubs to build their own tricycles and have a main stage event that they would publicize in the flyer they hand out during the November show. I thought that sounded like an awesome idea to me. What says y'all?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is great news chuck !

I am pumped up.

Have some ideas to share and encourage others who also have ideas no matter how out of the box to jump in also !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck count me in !
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After the news I received from 2002z28ssconv today,I definately can't wait to attend the 2014 Daytona show.
paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Providing my current Fiero stays running as well as it is, I plan to be there.

------------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!"

PFF
System Bot
stefanosg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stefanosgClick Here to visit stefanosg's HomePageSend a Private Message to stefanosgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I best put in for some time off!
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Volunteers needed!

Even if you don't feel that you would have any thoughts that would merit our attention, if you'd sincerely like to be a part of the show's continuation, let me know. We have a private forum set up (url address is still a secret) for us to discuss at so that those not involved can stay that way. We have a Daytona 2014 informational website being built (by a guy in GA and a guy in South Florida). So as you can see you don't even need to be local. Just have the willingness to be a part of making sure that we have a fantastic Daytona show in 2014.

If you said you would help but I haven't contacted you, sorry but I can barely remember how to tie my Velcro-equipped shoes... Please volunteer again. All we're looking for right now is people with ideas. From what I have heard, Ideas are like *****. Every body has them and they're all full of...

Well anyway, just volunteer will ya?

Thanks to those who have...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also am getting pumped up about the show! Greg and I have tackled the job of the website, and It is coming along nicely.

I have also tackled the schedule / event times / locations / durations.... a daunting task. I know you think that a schedule is easy! It is when everything is planned already I am adding whatever information I can get my hands on and it will get there.

The website is still too "under construction" to have Chuck share the link with everyone I think heheh. Soon though
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

After the news I received from 2002z28ssconv today,I definately can't wait to attend the 2014 Daytona show.

This weekend has been total hell......I don't see me attending this show.Only because I don't see my body and health lasting another 6 months
through all the Chemo and Steroids the doctor is pumping me with.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I for one am not counting you out on making it. I have seen Chemo first take it's toll, then do it's job and watch the health come back on the upswing. Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This weekend has been total hell......I don't see me attending this show.Only because I don't see my body and health lasting another 6 months
through all the Chemo and Steroids the doctor is pumping me with.

Hey Todd. Do what's best for yourself my friend. And if we can do anything, say the word.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I for one am not counting you out on making it. I have seen Chemo first take it's toll, then do it's job and watch the health come back on the upswing. Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Thanks a lot John..
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Hey Todd. Do what's best for yourself my friend. And if we can do anything, say the word.

Thank You again..Chuck

FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I am looking at going to this. My fiero is running. It runs/drives fine around town, needs a lot of tuning before it will be good on the highway. It needs paint, and seat covers, but that is not a issue for me. I would bring it on my trailer. Even if it was fixed, my body can not sit in it for 600 miles. It will not carry enuff stuff. But what I would like to know, for planning perpose's, is what goes on, ( or is planed to go on ) at a Daytona fiero meet? A car show at the infield of the track, 3 days,? other events, cruzin on sat night? Is their a prefered hotel? Any events invloving the fiero OFF the track grounds? Any autocross or drag runs? Any food at the show? I hope to have the tuning done by then. I am fixing the last oil leak this week. The wife is going home to see her mom for 7 weeks so I can spend time on the car. I would like to go, one time, before I blow it up again. I am in gulfport, on the gulf coast in Miss. I would leave on wed to head east on I-10, take 2 days to get their to take the stress out of the trip.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred,

We would be thrilled to have you over. Here is the beginning of our official website. Even though it's not 100% complete, it gives you a good idea what to expect, and where to stay.

http://fieroevents.com
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that I had it in and running, but I was wrong. I drove it for cruzin' the coast here on the miss coast ( week long cruise ) but had so problems. I had issues with the cooling, getting the timing right, a bunch of little things. One of the little things was a oil leak. I changed the front seal, with the engine in the car, but that was not it. It as better, but still leaked a little. So after the show I did what I had to to get the pan off. I found a bunch of piston parts in the pan. We just pulled it again. ( the 8th time ) I ordered keith black pistons and Eagle rods. The pistons have a small pop up so i can get a little more compression to help the engine idle better with all the over lap that the cam has. I ordered the parts, got them in, had them pressed together, and got them home all in 6 days. Now, this week end it goes back in. I hope it will be to STAY in. In 2 weeks I will know if it is a runner. I still may not have a good drive in traffic car, but the higher compression should help it. I had flat top pistons and the 74 cc heads because I had intended to run a flat tappet, milder cam. When I went to the roller cam I got one that would kill some bottom end so the car could try to hook. It seams like it needs a lot of timing advance, or a lot of turns on the idle screw to get it to idle. To many turns on the screw and it loose's the idle fuel. ( It has a wide band). I am hoping that with the timing set more like a normal sbc, more compression at part throttle cruze, it will be better. I want to go, but the new parts are putting a crimp in the money. I should beable to go. I would realy like to be part of the events, not be stuck in the parking lot or the track. The car does not have a nice paint job, or the seat covers/head liner it needs. But that is not a problem for me. It has to run 1st. To have it running, with a bunch of other fiero's, priceless. Any drag strips open on sat night in the local area? The idle, with the dump open is some thing to hear!
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be there, I am flying in because driving my Fiero 2000 miles and spending 6 days on the road just is not an option as it would use up all my vacation time just getting there so I will not have my Fiero but I might get to drive one while I am at the event thanks to one of the Florida folks.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am definately going to try and make the show this year.There will be a strong Fiero presence from both Space Coast Fieros and Central
Florida Fieros.So being a part of CFF and knowing some members from SCF I can't wait to attend my first Fiero show and hopefully not my last.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about bringing my Fiero down, but I want to make sure it will be accepted into the main show. The Turkey Run registration page says: WE WILL ALSO ACCEPT (PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY):
CARS FROM 1980 UP, IF THE CAR HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY CUSTOMIZED.
YOU MUST SEND PHOTOS WITH YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION FOR APPROVAL

I have a pretty much stcok '85 GT, and I'm not driving it all the way down there if they won't let it in. Can anyone clear that up for me? Thanks.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those rules have always applied to the Fall turkey run show in November. They just haven't changed their registration page over to the spring show yet. Regardless, Fieros are not subject to that rule during the spring show. You're quite safe in making the drive.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I registered on the fiero events website this morning. I will dig a little more after work to see what sled I need to do book a room, and get more details.

rj0002

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rj0002Send a Private Message to rj0002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will definitely be there, my Fiero will not be ready. 30 minutes away, will be there!!!

Originally posted by Old Lar:

First word for the spring.

We appreciate and value everyone's input and are very excited to announce that the 2014 Spring Daytona Turkey Run 3 day event will be:

Friday, March 28th
Saturday, March 29th
Sunday, March 30th

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm registered with FieroEvents!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on making the show this year,but not bringing my Fiero because it is no where near show worthy to take to Daytona like everyone else's car.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I plan on making the show this year,but not bringing my Fiero because it is no where near show worthy to take to Daytona like everyone else's car.

I would come and bring the Fiero for the heck of it. Many of us started with cars that did not looks so good.

Frank
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going. all set. parking a truck/car trailer at the hotel is a problem. The car runs, drives, stops, no leaks, we go.

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FFIEROFRED:

Wow! I can't wait to see that thing in person!

I'm probably going to take the auto train from Lorcan, VA down to Sanford, FL, and drive to Daytona, then head to Tampa for a few days before driving back up to WV. That way I can arrive refreshed, with less wear n tear on the car, and driving back up will be way cheaper than a return ticket on the train (for some reason it costs waaay more to come back up).
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see this event still going...unfortunately our swapmeet is still on hold for so many reasons.

I made a post with a link to fieroevents.com on our Facebook page, hope it helps.

If there is anything we here at TFF can do to help, let me know. We are good for some gift certificates, just let me know where to send them.

We are going to try to make it down, depending on our workload and funds. My hopes are all that would want to come to the swapmeet can instead gather in Florida, and bring those attendance numbers back up. We know how disheartening it is first hand to put on a show and have a small turnout, as that is one of the reasons the swapmeet is on hold.

Anyway, hope to see a big turnout for you guys, call me if we can help!

Thank you--
Jeremy B.
TFF

------------------

FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will this event be held in 2015 also? I live just north of Daytona so will definitely attend with my 86 GT if so.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. It is scheduled for March 27-29.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will see youall in daytona

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock