Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RUCKUS XII - 2013 (Tyler, TX) "Ruckus in the Roses" (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RUCKUS XII - 2013 (Tyler, TX) "Ruckus in the Roses" by fieroseblack
Started on: 07-16-2013 05:34 PM
Replies: 195 (4405 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-14-2014 11:23 AM
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are here in rm 225. My car is for sale also.
IP: Logged
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NTFC rolling to Tyler

Making our way to the Zip line place.

Made to our destination Adrenaline Rush.

Boostedseries1 and MstangsBware strapped in and ready to zip.

Flying thru the sky with the greatest of ease.

And not so much...

All done zipping.

Next stop Mike P. Ruckus host.

Dinner stop in Tyler.

racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait roll with y'all tomorrow.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

I predict that we will be at the Burger Co. at that point. The zip-line looks to be a Friday event that I won't make either.

Oh I misunderstood the part about the zip line...

anyway trying to decide if I'm going to join late...I think it will be a game time decision.

Yeah we are going to get our back pay next week so my conflict now is that I'm running in a race Saturday morning in Galveston. I might not be up to the drive afterwards. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-19-2013).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today's festivities stop at the Tyler Rose Garden.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Next stop is for some food at the East Texas Burger Company.

After lunch time to see the Gators.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Hands on approach.

Please constrict a little bit more.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the best part was the road from lunch to the gator farm!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a blast and my girlfriend Megan had a really good time bringing her car instead of mine. Everyone was very welcoming! We slept in this morning before we left. Sorry we missed breakfast...figured with our long drive an extra hour of sleep was in order. Thanks for putting on a great event Mike! And hey revin thanks for the note on Megan's car..btw where are my forks at haha!!

-Amir

------------------

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son and I had a good time.
Thanks Mike, to you and Sharon for putting this on.
Sorry I didn`t see some of you guys before we left.
We had to get back to Austin.
Mike
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I saw all the photos of the car. It looks great.

Thanks Joe, looks good in Pictures but it needs to go back or I need to get a Lot of my money back.

Hey, Ben. Check out my post count!

LOL Nice Brian, 1775.

Well we made it home safely. Had a great time at another Ruckus and can't wait till next years.

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it back safe and sound a little while ago. I had to sit on the couch for a while to relax before getting up to check this thread. The car got 30.5 mpg doing around 80 all the way home!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, that might be better than our Duke going around the same. Not sure, we haven't really checked the mileage on it.
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R12 =
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Mike and Sharon for putting on a great Ruckus.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it home safely... I only got to see the tail end of the Ruckus, but that's better than no Ruckus at all. It appeared to be a great show, and the weather could not have been better, (well I was totally unprepared for the cool weather at night).

Saw some old friends that I haven't seen in a long while so it was worth it.

I always come home from these all fired up about getting my other cars back on the road. Let's see how long that lasts.

- Jonathan
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the nice comments & for making the trek to Tyler. Sharon & I enjoyed the Ruckus a lot & visiting with everyone. Thanks for all you that came out Sunday for breakfast at the casa. Thanks to all of you that helped me with routes, restaurants, games, Swag Bags & events. A special thanks for all the ladies who came out. That made for a even better event. Now start getting ready for Spring Fling in March, Round-UP in San Antonio next April or so and Ruckus XIII.

Y'all are a great bunch.

Mike & Sharon Parker

[This message has been edited by fieroseblack (edited 10-21-2013).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics Tom!

Mike... I enjoyed y'alls breakfast a lot, especially the egg enchiladas. Everything seemed well planned, and we used our map packet a surprising amount. It was handy having addresses for each stop to quickly plug in GPS if needed.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep me informed guys of upcoming meets come Spring. Would like to bring my Formula out along with Megan's next time.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

R12 =

I have to agree with my little gay friend on om this one. Good friends, good food and good times. Always enjoy seeing everyone and getting to catch up. Thanks go Mike and Sharon for the show and breakfast...Looking forward to the next show...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, did I get ahead of myself.

Next event, November 9, Fall Fun Run, Saturday full day cruise
Our NTFC bi annual tradition returns with unique lunch, lonely roads, and nice scenery

Thanks again for the nice comments...............................

Mike Parker
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I have had some rest I can finally think clearly.

Mike & Sharon: Thank you for the generous hospitality and excellent planning. Even though we had trouble with parking at The Rose Garden, we still made it work. Some of us got to hang out an visit while the rest enjoyed the facility. Everything was spaced apart just enough to enjoy the drive and not dread the next leg of the journey. Enough can not be said about the wonderful breakfast. Nailed it!

Ben & Becca: Thanks for taking the reigns of being the Swag Bag masters. You handled it beautifully!

NTFC: It was great seeing everyone again! I look forward to each and every visit.

Bat City Fieros: What group this has turned out to be! It was always there, it just needed a name. The new members in your group give me hope for the Houston crowd.

AAFO: I know it was a stretch for you guys to make, but we are always glad to have you.

...and for those unaffiliated: This event wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you guys!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Made it back safe and sound a little while ago. I had to sit on the couch for a while to relax before getting up to check this thread. The car got 30.5 mpg doing around 80 all the way home!

One of the best MPG cars I have put together and fastest with almost no mods....
PFF
System Bot
fierosa

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ellie, Des and I had a great time! We enjoyed all the activities and above all the scenery! There was so much GREEN! Guess that is what you get when rain falls from the sky! Nice to confirm those rumors that trees do grow vertically as well. It was super seeing all our old friends and making new ones as well. All you guys were the primary reason we made the trip. The cars were second. Excellent job Mike and Sharon. Thanks so much for your hospitality. Can't wait to see you at the next get together!

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I managed to snap a couple pics before dinner on Friday. After that, I didn't even get the camera out of the bag.

Red, White and Blue!

We truly are a colorful bunch

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 10-21-2013).]

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So many Fieros and this is all we have for pictures?

Help a starvin' Texan' (misplaced Idahoan) out with some more photos from the event!

I hope I'll be back in the Lone Star state for the Ruckus next year. Keeping my fingers crossed. Unless, y'all want to ship your cars to Shanghai....lol
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it home as well, making only 29mpg. I had several 100 mph runs
Very great to see everyone again! ALWAYS! next time I will bring the IMSA out for viewing.

Mike and Sharon,
GREAT time! GREAT hosting!! I have never been to a bad RRR. Thanks for keeping that going. Everyone I talked with enjoyed it as well.
BUT I do have a couple of grips….
1. I never got a map or even seen a map. Kind of played a part in missing breakfast with ya’ll. No big deal. On another note, I followed Blake and would you believe it, we made it back to the hotel! Lol
2. On the way back from the dinner I passed a DRIVE IN THEATER!!! What’s up with that??? We all had a car to “drive in”. Gosh that would have been fun. Even if a chick flick was playing! Next time

Amir and Megan,
WOW great of ya’ll to drive down to TX to play with us!! Really was a treat for me to meet you two in person. If you ever make it as far down as Austin, you will have a place to stay But bring the fast car

Now for some sad news (besides the lack of pics on my part)
I have officially stepped down from President of Bat City Fieros.
There was no voting, or secret ballots. I appointed the only one I think could take the club to the next level at this time.
Ben Banks (and VP Becca) will be the man in charge of the club. He has brought some fresh blood to the club as well as many more members. He has gotten us on facebook and there are more and more members joining us there than the website.www.batcityfieros.com. He has gotten several members Fieros on the road through his generous donations of parts, time and hands on. Much more than I ever did. That is why I think he is the right prez for the job. I am sure ya'll will benifit from his leadership in growing this club and joining us up for more fun times behind the wheel.

With the failing health of my father coming near the end of the road, I have not had the time to poke and shove the club to the heights it should be.
As with many of you, my father comes before any other actives. Mom has to care for him and she is not the strongest person to help, so I must help anyway I can. So far so good on his condition. I am staying positive about all this as hard as it is. Thanks for all the kind words on his condition. I think of all of ya’ll as family to me and my two Fieros (and Lupe).

This is not my goodbye from any Fiero event or the forums; just an I will always try to make an event, but also hoping everyone understands why, if I am not able.

Revin Kevin

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

2. On the way back from the dinner I passed a DRIVE IN THEATER!!! What’s up with that??? We all had a car to “drive in”. Gosh that would have been fun. Even if a chick flick was playing! Next time

I am sure there was a chick flick playing that night at the drive in along with every other night they r open. That drive in is a XXX drive in so I dont think many would have felt comfortable going. But then again..who knows...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin

Sorry I didn't give you a map. I gave them out starting Friday night and all day Saturday. If you didn't get one, that's my bad and on me. I can assure you that it was not my intension to leave anyone out of anything. And yes the drive in is a XXX so it has a whole different type of girlie movie. One I don't think a lot of our wife's and girlfriends would enjoy. But after dinner was free time, so each his own.

All kidding aside, you and your family are in our prayers. Family first & foremost.

Mike Parker
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

And yes the drive in is a XXX so it has a whole different type of girlie movie...

Mike Parker

And now we know why Mike moved to Tyler...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That and the nudist camp next door.

AUTOMARK......you have a PM.

BMAC................you have a PM.

MARYJANE.......you have a PM.

Thanks

Mike Parker
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

2. On the way back from the dinner I passed EVERYTHING BUT A SOLSTICE COUPE!!! What’s up with that???

Kevin… I fixed it for you!

I hope you and your family find peace during the hard times ahead. Cya next time!
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike you have a PM
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe, I sent something back to Houston for you with J Scott. Hope to see you at the next event!!

Ben
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Joe, I sent something back to Houston for you with J Scott. Hope to see you at the next event!!

Ben

Thanks Ben
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe.........be careful, its a baby alligator for you and Cathy's new place, yea.

Mike P.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to whoever put the rat traps in the swag bag! We caught two mice with them at my house yesterday. It was fun picking them up and to feel them squirm all the way outside to the trash bins. By their squeals of delight, I could tell they were having fun too!

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 10-26-2013).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

And not so much...

WIMPS ...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave