Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RUCKUS XII - 2013 (Tyler, TX) "Ruckus in the Roses" (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RUCKUS XII - 2013 (Tyler, TX) "Ruckus in the Roses" by fieroseblack
Started on: 07-16-2013 05:34 PM
Replies: 195 (4405 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-14-2014 11:23 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

I do hope things get better for you just remember there is someone out there that is in worst shape than us and deserve our prayers.
Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Sorry to hear about your situation. I don't want to debate politics in GFC, I was just explaining my situation and why I was planning not to come. If the furlough is lifted soon, maybe?

Take care.
IP: Logged
bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to be political, and I'm as pissed as everyone, but the president is not the only problem here....I mean he has no power to actually pass legislation. It's a conglomeration of stupidity that spreads far beyond the president. However, it is indeed a travesty. I wish you all well with your jobs.

Brian
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

I was just notified I have to go part time (28 hours a week) or find a new job because of OBAMA CARE. Looks like the commander and chief has struck again. You do realize Obama is the president and should take all blame for not being able to work with all groups of people. Blaming anyone but the big guy is wrong. A president should unit the people not divide them. If Congress cannot unite and work together it should fall back on the president not any of the parties. This president is more worried about shifting blame and playing Golf than running a country. I do hope things get better for you just remember there is someone out there that is in worst shape than us and deserve our prayers.
Kevin

So only working 28 hours u have plenty of time to come to the show...
KVCFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Thanks Kevin. Sorry to hear about your situation. I don't want to debate politics in GFC, I was just explaining my situation and why I was planning not to come. If the furlough is lifted soon, maybe?

Take care.

I hope so ' I agree. I'm more worried about my family at the moment. I just think they are all to blame and it starts at the top. I have an interview with Walmart to work weekend Next week. I will work three jobs if I have to.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear the shutdown is impacting Fiero owners also. Got on here to say that the roses are looking nice. Drove past there yesterday just enjoying a drive. Hope y'all have a great time!
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Look forward to the hotel and the king size bed. Been sleeping on a really hard full size mattress with squeaky box springs for over a month now. Every time I move I wake myself up!!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, and it makes it awkward for what your roommates might hear.
I had to say it Ben.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-10-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are kids. We just tell them we are jumping on the bed.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't encourage them!
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you know how crazy red heads are. What happens in Tyler stays in Tyler.

Mike P.
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait till next friday. My car will be there unlike this years round-up. See ya soon. Let Sharon know Amanda won't be making it this time, had a family friend die.

[This message has been edited by hiwil88formula (edited 10-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

Can't wait till next friday. My car will be there unlike this years round-up. See ya soon. Let Sharon know Amanda won't be making it this time, had a family friend die.

Well it will be great to see you and your Fiero at Ruckus XII. Tell Amanda we regret the lost of her friend & best wishes.

Reminders;
FSR radios............some rural areas have no mobile service, we talking the sticks here, baby.
36 items for the Swag Bags, if participating...............any questions, get with Ben / Becca, as they are the Swag Bag Masters for Ruckus XII.

Mike Parker

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ONE WEEK AWAY!! I can't wait to hang out with my Fiero family and NTFC brethren I haven't seen in a few months. Looking forward to a great event that I once had the pleasure of helping my dad organize and run. For me, this is truly a family event that I can't miss! See y'all there!

PS: How are y'all getting there? If you SA folks are taking I-35 - 31, we can meet in Corsicana. I don't want to go the whole way by myself if I don't have to.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure about the rest of Texas but rain has been coming down here in Austin. Hope it is dry in East TX Next weekend....
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rain had slowed my progress the past couple days as well... Hopefully I can get my to-do list wrapped up while I'm on vacation this week.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Not sure about the rest of Texas but rain has been coming down here in Austin. Hope it is dry in East TX Next weekend....

We didn't get squat for rain in Dallas area but it is supposed to be heading this way. Hope the weather is nice and cool next weekend like it has been. I myself still need to wash, align and swap out at few parts before the show...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather update...........

Friday, 10-18: .......... High 75, low 49
Saturday, 10-19: ...... High 74, Low 53
Sunday, 10-20: ........ High 74, Low 63

So we are mid 70s for Ruckus XII. Mostly sunny with lots of fun, great times and scattered good eating places. Ruckus will travel through several small towns and have stops in 5 different East Texas towns ...............

Please remember your FSR radios, some areas will be without mobile service of any kind. Plus the mobile phones, they upset the gators! I be liking me some Gatorkabobs.....
36 items for the Swag Bags, if participating. Any questions get a hold of Ben / Becca, The Double Bs, They are the Swag Bag Masters for Ruckus In The Roses.

Agenda on original post with my contact information.

See you in Tyler.............
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting close....Got the car half way aligned today but they ran into a froze up rear part so didnt get a full alignment. Gonna clean up the car a little and I will be ready to go.....
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just about ready as well. Just need to give it a quick wash down and load up.

Does anyone have an extra FRS? I think we are all out at the house. Not like I will be able to hear it over the car anyway...

Since Madison can't make it, she is making some tasty treats for y'all! Ben, you have a PM.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 10-17-2013).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to do a couple of things before I`m ready.
Oil change and finish a part on my mirror mod.
But I`ll have plenty of time tomorrow as I took it and Friday off.
Really looking forward to it.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took tomorrow off too but Becca wasn't able to so we will be heading out on Friday. Need to change the oil and have Becca's car inspected tomorrow and try to make time for a trip to the salvage yard.
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just have to put my new Mr. Mikes leatherette seats in and i'm good to go. The car is running great and the digital cruise worked perfectly on my last long haul from SA to Abilene. Where are we meeting up friday and what time? I should arrive in Tyler around 1:00 PM friday.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Friday night about 6:00 pm there will be an informal Meet & Greet at the Jalapeno Tree. It is about 1.25 miles from the hotel. Pricing is medium $10-$15, drinks not included.

I'm sure this will be the first rally point for the weekend. I plan on getting there in the early afternoon as well.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 10-16-2013).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

I'm sure this will be the first rally point for the weekend. I plan on getting there in the early afternoon as well.

I plan on being there between 5:00 and 5:30pm.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of us in NTFC are going to do a Zip Line activity just south of Tyler, near Rusk Texas.

The plan would be to be there at 1230PM, which means we need to leave the Terrell area at 1030.

The zip lining looks fun, albiet kinda pricey. The more lines you run, the cheaper the cost per line. They have the second longest zip run in Texas at 1700', and you can reach speeds up to 40mph! If you don't want to zip line, they have picnic tables and a pavillion. It takes about 2 hours, and the scenery looks very pretty. Adrenaline Rush got 5 out 5 owl eyes on TripAdvisor. Bring your Go Pro!

http://www.daretozip.com/adventure.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/...ksonville_Texas.html

let me know if you'd like to join!... we get a price break at 8 people and another break at 10 people!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-17-2013).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

I took tomorrow off too but Becca wasn't able to so we will be heading out on Friday. Need to change the oil and have Becca's car inspected tomorrow and try to make time for a trip to the salvage yard.

I saw all the photos of the car. It looks great.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Weather update...........

Friday, 10-18: .......... High 75, low 49
Saturday, 10-19: ...... High 74, Low 53
Sunday, 10-20: ........ High 74, Low 63

So we are mid 70s for Ruckus XII. Mostly sunny with lots of fun, great times and scattered good eating places. Ruckus will travel through several small towns and have stops in 5 different East Texas towns ...............

Please remember your FSR radios, some areas will be without mobile service of any kind. Plus the mobile phones, they upset the gators! I be liking me some Gatorkabobs.....
36 items for the Swag Bags, if participating. Any questions get a hold of Ben / Becca, The Double Bs, They are the Swag Bag Masters for Ruckus In The Roses.

Agenda on original post with my contact information.

See you in Tyler.............

Call me stupid, but a FSR radio or you talking about a walkie talkie? Lol. Don't even know what FSR stands for...
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FRS is what we meant. Sorry for any confusion.

Hey, Ben. Check out my post count!

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 10-17-2013).]

BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you mean FSR (family service radio)

I have an extra one if you need it.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meeting time in Terrell changed to 1030, we have to be at Adrenaline Rush at 1230 for waiver sign and harnass up.

If you would like to go, please call them directly to schedule your slot. They only allow 10 zippers per tour and there is already 6 signed up!

Phone Number: 903-683-6855
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey. So we are meeting at the Rose Center? Y'all do know that this weekend is the Rose Parade right? I don't know how many cars are coming but parkering could be tight.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

Hey. So we are meeting at the Rose Center? Y'all do know that this weekend is the Rose Parade right? I don't know how many cars are coming but parkering could be tight.

Parking, heck I`ll bet driving will be a problem.
I would guess nobody knew that it was this weekend.
I read where thousands of people may attend the all weekend event.
We might want to get out of Tyler as fast as possible.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a really big deal in Tyler. You would not be leave the amount of people who will be around Harvey Hall. I may just meet y'all at the hotel. What time do y'all plan on leave there again?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m not sure what time we are leaving Saturday. In the first post it just says "morning"
Maybe Mike will chime in.
hiwil88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If any body wants or needs I'll be bringing my laptop and aldl cable to scan your car if needed. See ya tomorrow afternoon.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there an estimate of the times for the agenda?

The Govt. Shutdown is over...still no pay, but as the Gubment always says the check is in the mail.

I would not be able to make it before noon on Saturday. Sounds like some folks will be ziplining, where will everyone else be at that time??

- Jonathan
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I predict that we will be at the Burger Co. at that point. The zip-line looks to be a Friday event that I won't make either.
hiwil88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnathan, I supervise a DoD civilian and we had to add the furlough hours to his next check. Not sure how the other agencies are doing it but that is how the DoD is.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I knew it was Rose Festival........... We will come in the back door to the Gardens. Parking maybe tight but we are there at the time the parade is going on down town. We will leave the Rose Garden the back way as well, going loop 323 to Hwy 69 to Mineola for lunch. We are avoiding the downtown area as much as possible.

Fri. 6:00pm informal meet & greet at The Jalapeno Tree less than 2 miles from hotel on Loop 323.

Sat. Leaving La Quinta about 10:00am to Rose Garden
Leaving Rose Garden by 11:30am to East Texas Burger in Mineola
Leaving Mineola by 1:30pm to Gator Farm in Grand Saline
Leaving the Gators by 4:30pm to hotel in Tyler
Leaving hotel 5:30pm to Country Tavern in Kilgore for BBQ

Sun: 9:00 Breakfast at Parker Casa in Flint

Any questions call me 210-324-9788

Mike Parker
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cars and Coffee at 9am, also if y'all care to swing by there.
5424 Old Jacksonville Highway
Tyler, TX 75703
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay