30th Anniversary Caravanning by eph_kay
Started on: 12-28-2012 02:07 PM
Replies: 214 (5865 views)
Last post by: Christine on 07-06-2013 01:58 AM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is what i get for not following this thread from the get go.. I am a little overwhelmed with all the meeting times/places so i am going to throw out where i am going to be and if it grabs anyones attention even better

leaving MN Wednesday afternoon with a goal to make it to South Elgin, IL Wednesday night

leaving South Elgin sometime Thursday to go to Indy. Just upped our reservation to include Thursday and not just Fri/Sat.

Carter and I will be driving the Toy, no trailers, and cross our fingers no roadside stops

oh yeah - page ownage! doesn't happen too often for me so have to throw it out there
------------------

Tylers Annual Car Show

Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 06-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

O.K., trying to get an Eastern Iowa Caravan together for June 26th. Not sure what time we should meet, but a date, the place to meet and the route I can figure out.

Meeting at Cracker Barrell in Davenport, Iowa
300 Jason Way Court
Davenport, IA 52806-1360

The route:
Map Route

We will be meeting @ 10:00 a.m. on Wed. at the Cracker Barrell, I think we are up to 5 or 6 cars plus a support vehicle or 2

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

this is what i get for not following this thread from the get go.. I am a little overwhelmed with all the meeting times/places so i am going to throw out where i am going to be and if it grabs anyones attention even better

leaving MN Wednesday afternoon with a goal to make it to South Elgin, IL Wednesday night

leaving South Elgin sometime Thursday to go to Indy. Just upped our reservation to include Thursday and not just Fri/Sat.

Carter and I will be driving the Toy, no trailers, and cross our fingers no roadside stops

oh yeah - page ownage! doesn't happen too often for me so have to throw it out there

There are at least 3 or 4 people meeting at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis on I80/294 at 8:30 am, leaving at 9:00 am if you want to join them.
See ya in Indy!

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far for Thurs 830 AM; that I know of.

Meeting point -
http://www.mapquest.com/pla...hornton-il-265712757

Me, hercimer01
2.5 and his Wife (2 cars)
Midn1ght Driv3r
MrMWS

Meeting point edited. Sorry!
------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 06-24-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

So far for Thurs 830 AM; that I know of.

Meeting point -

Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis, Thornton, IL 60476 (eastbound side of the Oasis)
(on 80/294 between Halsted Street and the interchange with I-94)

Me, hercimer01
2.5 and his Wife (2 cars)
Midn1ght Driv3r
MrMWS

Cool

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-24-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Cool

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-24-2013).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Jason, That map looks way off from any location. Unless you arranged something else.

All Chicago Caravans that I know of are meeting at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis just go to maps.google.com and type that in, as links seem to all be screwy.

Yes.

I miss posted.

I will correct my original post.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The links to NIFE caravan meeting point earlier in this thread are pointing to an incorrect location. Please only use the address or THIS map. Thanks!

Please arrive at 8:30 am Thursday, or 12-12:30 pm Wednesday, there is also a scheduled caravan 8:30 am Wednesday from the same location but we haven't heard anyone is meeting there yet (may not be folks on this forum).

Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis, Thornton, IL 60476 (eastbound side of the Oasis)
(on 80/294 between Halsted Street and the interchange with I-94)

If anything needs correcting please let us know!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-24-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Yes.

I miss posted.

I will correct my original post.

Mapquest seems to work much better then google for linking to maps.

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

All Chicago Caravans that I know of are meeting at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis just go to maps.google.com and type that in, as links seem to all be screwy.

Specifically, its on 80/294 between Halsted Street and the interchange with I-94, for those who have trouble reading maps.

I'd assume you guys will all want to meet on the eastbound side of the Oasis. Otherwise, you'll waste several minutes going west to Halsted to get turned around and headed back east again.

EDIT - 2.5 made the same points I wanted to make while I was typing LOL.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 06-24-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The links to NIFE caravan meeting point earlier in thss thread are pointing to an incorrect location. Please only use the address or THIS map. Thanks!

Please arrive at 8:30 am Thursday.

Damn google tries to think for you, since its not an exact address, it finds the nearest tollway oasis location near where you are, thats why everyone keeps getting different results from the same link.
Mapquest definitely wins this round.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe we should edit the old posts to remove the bad links or maps so no one gets confused.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

------------------

Tylers Annual Car Show

Tylers Toy

We'd be glad to have you join us at 8:30
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Revised map and meeting places for the I-70 east bound groups.

Tuesday: Bob, Christine & Kevin
Denver to Topeka (524 miles – about 7 hours 8 min.)

Wednesday: Meet all groups along the way at the following locations
We will leave Topeka or Lawrence at 8:00 am (75.4 miles – about 1 hour 10 min.)
9:00 am meet at Petro Stopping Center, 301 S w First St., Oak Grove, MO 64075
9:00 - 9:15 am leave for St Louis around (275 miles – about 4 hours 10 min.)
1:00 pm meet at Funderburk's Gas & Diner, 402 W Johnson St., Pocahontas, IL 62275
1:30-2:00 pm leave for Indy (195 miles – about 2 hours 58 min.)
Arrive in Indy around 5-6:00 pm.

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/TSJGe

I have cell numbers for those of you that PM’d me and you have mine. I think I have a cell number for at least one person in each group so we should be good to go.
I may not check the forum after this evening but will check when we get to the hotel in Topeka/Lawrence Tuesday night so if you need to contact me call or text my cell, if you do not have it yet and want it PM me before 10pm tonight.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW , your going to DRIVE it down eh ?? Maybe it'll be your turn to lock the keys in the trunk or something

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

WOW , your going to DRIVE it down eh ?? Maybe it'll be your turn to lock the keys in the trunk or something

heh.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

nah.. i'll be too afraid to open the trunk for fear everything will pop out in a great explosion and i wont be able to strategically pack it all back in again if had to bring even one more thing carter would have to ride on the decklid. i have decided these cars are not made for women travelers... they are made for men travelers who dont mind wearing the same shorts and underwear for several days in a row lol in fact... telling carter to pack and he's like i got an extra pair of shorts thats all i need.... sigh... "cater.. it is going to be 85 degrees, humid, maybe a little rain - no one is going to want to be standing near you if you dont bring some clean clothes"
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disregard...Wednesday...ugh.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 06-25-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007
If anyone wants or needs a stopover point just ourside of St Louis, gets themselves in repair trouble, or just wants to stop driving for a bit feel free to use the Rottin residence!!! Just PM me and i'll pass my phone details to you. Like I said, I am just outside St Louis on I64.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nah.. i'll be too afraid to open the trunk for fear everything will pop out in a great explosion and i wont be able to strategically pack it all back in again if had to bring even one more thing carter would have to ride on the decklid. i have decided these cars are not made for women travelers... they are made for men travelers who dont mind wearing the same shorts and underwear for several days in a row lol in fact... telling carter to pack and he's like i got an extra pair of shorts thats all i need.... sigh... "cater.. it is going to be 85 degrees, humid, maybe a little rain - no one is going to want to be standing near you if you dont bring some clean clothes"

Make sure to use the full height of behind the seats, and the front compartment on top the spare too
At least you arent bringing a tent!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-25-2013).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

If anyone wants or needs a stopover point just ourside of St Louis, gets themselves in repair trouble, or just wants to stop driving for a bit feel free to use the Rottin residence!!! Just PM me and i'll pass my phone details to you. Like I said, I am just outside St Louis on I64.

Are you going to meet with us tomorrow at 1:00 pm on I-70?
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to but instead I will be sitting in a JDPAC meeting followed by my directorates staff meeting. So much more fun than meeting up with people with the same car passion as I have. (sigh...)
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not caravanning, but I made it to Dalton Georgia today nine hours+ of driving 611 miles two gas stops and getting 30+ mpg moving average speed 66 mph. Gas is $3.169 here.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m in Louisville KY tonight, leaving for Indianapolis tomorrow! See you all there. (if you see a yellow sky waving at you on the way it`s me!)

I spotted 2 black notchback aero coupes so far
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick tip from a fellow Fiero owner going to the 30th who lives out that way (but is not on PFF, he doesn't currently have a ISP-based email to sign up with)

"Just a heads up for saving some money on gas for the convoy that is passing through St Louis Mo on Wed about noon-ish. I highly suggest the group stops to get gas before getting to Illinois line the gas price there jumps up 20 - 30 per gallon. I will be joining up with the convoy as you pass through the St Charles area which borders St Louis. I will be in a burgundy wingless 87 GT pulling a black and blue small enclosure trailer. My Name is Drew."

From Drew-py on Ncfiero.com
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, Kevin and I made it to Topeka, we will try to leave at 7:30 to be on time but if the roads are as bumpy as the roads in west KS we will probably be late is I had to go 10-15MPH under the speed limit because the road was making my trailer bounce around and the high will made it hard to control at 75. Chris has my number and I have his so I will call and let you guys know our ETA when we get close to the meeting point.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Bob, Kevin and I made it to Topeka, we will try to leave at 7:30 to be on time but if the roads are as bumpy as the roads in west KS we will probably be late is I had to go 10-15MPH under the speed limit because the road was making my trailer bounce around and the high will made it hard to control at 75. Chris has my number and I have his so I will call and let you guys know our ETA when we get close to the meeting point.

75 mph with a trailer is pretty fast. I usually go about 65 mph maximum. With lots of wind I can understand your troubles. Just keep us posted. I PMed you my cell number.

The National Weather Service is predicting a 70% chance of thunder storms today for Illinois and Indiana along I-70 so I am not expecting to be going over 65.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of storms in Illinois / Indiana today everyone be careful and stay safe driving.

See everyone in the Wednesday Chicago caravan in a few hours!!!!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NTFC is rolling thru Big Mo, taking a little detour to Rte 66 state park before meeting everyone in IL.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it safe and sound and there are four Fieros in the back lot.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I made it safe and sound and there are four Fieros in the back lot.

LOL I hear they tend to multiply!

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chicago Wednesday caravan arrived.
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We made it, looks like there are about a dozen Fiero`s scattered around the various lots.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 06-26-2013).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NTFC and west team have arrived.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

that usually means you need more tongue weight .move your load foreword a bit and you will notice a big improvement .assuming it is a beaver tail trailer that is . have a safe trip , i will see everyone tomorrow night
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there tmrw afternoon... was going to take my new motorcycle but it's well past service and I found a couple issues that need to be addressed before I'd be ready to take it a distance. C'est la vie.

So, now that that's out of the picture, I'll be rolling out in the Mazda. At least I'll have trunk space to work with.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics please. How about some caravanning pics?
f499

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f499Send a Private Message to f499Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About half way there. Spent the night in Hamburg NY. Hitting the road in about a half hour.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
F499

[This message has been edited by f499 (edited 06-27-2013).]

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Iowa caravan arrived around 5 p.m., only issue was a lost lugnut/wheel stud on one of the cars, but it was caught early enough before real issues arose. Oh and if you haven't left yet, bring an ethernet cable to hook up to the router in the room as the wifi here is worse than dial up.

About 70 miles outside of Indy

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 06-27-2013).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kn16
hercimer01
2.5 and wife
Midn1ght Driv3r
Checking in at the Oasis.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page