30th Anniversary Caravanning by eph_kay
Started on: 12-28-2012 02:07 PM
Replies: 214 (5865 views)
Last post by: Christine on 07-06-2013 01:58 AM
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be talking with the local KC guys about making sure we can do the earlier run in the day, I don't see it being a problem at all, but I will be sending an email out right after this to let everybody know about the morning time we would plan to leave.

As for meeting at the stadium, it would be the east side, just off blue ridge cut off, Im still not sure if we will be able to park in the parking lot to meet up, plus it isn't the easiest to get back on the highway from there so going farther east to Oak Grove where there is a huge truck stop might make more sense.

Chris
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone from Florida or Georgia coming through Atlanta on Thursday morning? Some of the Georgia people are leaving out Thursday morning and may want to hook up.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just want to make sure of a few things.....

is the 1:30 PM Wednesday meeting time going to be in Pocahontas?
Is the Texas group (Blake) going to meet with the Western group (Christine) at this point?
Who all will be on this caravan? Do we have a list of names? PFF names?
Contact between the cars: 2 Way radios work great. Cell phone numbers are a good back up. Christine, are you putting the cell phone numbers together? Maybe print them out on sheets of paper to hand out when we meet at each location?

We should probably allow for a little more time. Caravans tend to travel slowly. Fun, but slow.

Originally posted by Christine:

Here is the west group plan meeting places and times:

Wednesday:
-A group will be driving from Topeka to Kansas City, MO to meet up with others, leaving around 11am (8am suggested new meeting time)
-A group will be driving from Kansas City to St. Louis, Mo to meet up with others leaving around 1pm

We are planning to be in this group so we will need to leave Topeka around 8am so we can meet the people in St Louis at 1pm, we will need to meet in KC around 9am as it only takes an hour to get from Topeka to KC.
It is 3.5 hours to St Louis so if we meet in KC at 10am we can be there around 1:30pm if we want to meet the group in St Louis at 1pm we will need to leave Topeka around 8am and meet in KC closer to 9am to make the 1pm meeting time in St Louis.

So if I have calculated this correctly the times to meet will need to be:
Leave Topeka at 8am (1-hour drive to KC)
Arrive in KC at 9am and leave for St Louis around 9 to 9:30 (3.5 hour drive to St Louis)
Arrive in St Louis around 1pm and leave for Indy around 1:30pm (3.5 hours to Indy)
Arrive in Indy around 5pm

Bob, Kevin and I do have two-way radios but 2 of them only have whole channels and we found channel 7 seems to have the best signal so we will be on channel 7, I will email you my cell phone number if I did not already send it to you in my last email. I did not get a reply from you, did you get it? If not I will resend it now with my cell # just in case.

If anyone else wants to exchange, cell phone numbers email me info@milehighfieros.com and I will make a contact list and send it to the people who send me their numbers.

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/pMFnz

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R Runner, i'm gong to be at Pocahontas also. Do you know of anyone else that will be there. Maybe we should exchange phone numbers so we can be in contact
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Because of circumstances beyond my control I won't have a Fiero to caravan with. It would be no fun to follow in a truck.

Sorry that you won't have Fiero to caravan with but don't let that spoil your fun. Put a different spin on it; if you're driving a truck that puts you above all of us. Think of the great pictures you can take and post for all of us to enjoy. AND, before leaving home to head for Indy; make a big sign to put in your window: MY OTHER CAR IS A FIERO Absolutly no reason to miss any of the fun.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vernon8360

1106 posts
Member since Feb 2008

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Thank You, I just did a google map and I'll be staying about 32 miles from the meeting point so about 40 minutes in non traffic situations I assume.

Are there 2 different convoys on Wednesday? What are the two times?

FieroMontreal, are you going to join us at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis around noon, on Wednesday the 26th? Anyone else from Canada, New England, North East U.S.?
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey good timing, I was just about to post here.

I'm still travelling to Chicago and leaving on Wednesday with the Chicago group. Now to clear things up because my notes are foggy and I'm planning my trip today.

Is there 1 departure on Wednesday or are there two? If there are two what are both times?

I'm under the impression that there are two departures but that most people are leaving in the evening and not the morning? Is this correct?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey good timing, I was just about to post here.

I'm still travelling to Chicago and leaving on Wednesday with the Chicago group. Now to clear things up because my notes are foggy and I'm planning my trip today.

Is there 1 departure on Wednesday or are there two? If there are two what are both times?

I'm under the impression that there are two departures but that most people are leaving in the evening and not the morning? Is this correct?

There are two times, but I do not know of anyone doing the 9am one. You want to be at the Southland Oasis at around 12:15 pm if you want to caravan with the cool kids. Let me know if you are coming for sure as we will leave as soon after 12:30 pm as everyone is there (1pm at the latest).

Meeting point -
Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis

Arrival at Meeting Point - 12:00-12:30 CST
Leave - 12:30-1:00 CST (note we will leave as soon after 12:30 as everyone is there or 1pm whichever comes FIRST, if I don't know you are coming we will leave without you)
Pick up at Merrillville IN - 1:00-1:30 CST (again we will leave as soon as everyone is there, make sure we know you are coming)
Arrive Indy - 4:00-4:30 EST

Chicago -
mrfred8
vernon8360
FieroMontreal
Paul V (maybe)
Jim H (maybe)
cornersonrails (maybe) (leaving you on cornersonrails because you should ride with us anyway)
Midn1ght Driv3r (maybe)

Merrillville (shell station 65 and 30) -
zmcdonal

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-24-2013).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I just want to make sure of a few things.....

is the 1:30 PM Wednesday meeting time going to be in Pocahontas?
Is the Texas group (Blake) going to meet with the Western group (Christine) at this point?

We should probably allow for a little more time. Caravans tend to travel slowly. Fun, but slow.

Hey Paul... The rendezvous is still Funderburks Diner in Pocahontas.

I am going to try to have the NTFC caravan there around 1pm or so. We are driving in from Branson.

The NTFC caravan is 4 cars, 3 Fieros and a 'support' vehicle that has our luggage, tool, and canopies.

We will be using radios. Channel 2. As for driving... slow and steady wins the race... right?
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

There are two times, but I do not know of anyone doing the 9am one. You want to be at the Southland Oasis at around 12:15 pm if you want to caravan with the cool kids. Let me know if you are coming for sure as we will leave as soon after 12:30 pm as everyone is there (1pm at the latest).

Meeting point -

Leave - 12:30-1:00 CST (note we will leave as soon after 12:30 as soon everyone is there or 1pm whichever comes FIRST, if I don't know you are coming we will leave without you)
Pick up at Merrillville IN - 1:00-1:30 CST (again we will leave as soon as everyone is there, make sure we know you are coming)

Chicago -
mrfred8
vernon8360
Paul V (maybe)
Jim H (maybe)
cornersonrails (maybe) (leaving you on cornersonrails because you should ride with us anyway)
Midn1ght Driv3r (maybe)
FieroMontreal (maybe)

zmcdonal

I'm confirming that I will be there. Once I have my hotel booked, which is providing to be harder then expected I'm guessing due to the hockey playoffs, I'll PM you to get an approx transit time to the meeting point. I was looking to book the Best western River North due to the great location and free parking but the jacked up their prices by more then $100 a night. anyways I'm babbling off. See you there!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm confirming that I will be there. Once I have my hotel booked, which is providing to be harder then expected I'm guessing due to the hockey playoffs, I'll PM you to get an approx transit time to the meeting point. I was looking to book the Best western River North due to the great location and free parking but the jacked up their prices by more then $100 a night. anyways I'm babbling off. See you there!

Thats great, the more the merrier. Send me a PM and I can help you estimate your travel time and exchange contact info / phone numbers. I look forward to checking out your Yellow Sky.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

R Runner, i'm gong to be at Pocahontas also. Do you know of anyone else that will be there. Maybe we should exchange phone numbers so we can be in contact

I'll be the guy driving a blue 1994 K2500 Suburban pulling a 20 silver box that says "Hosler High Performance" on the side.

I'll try to be there by 1:00 pm so that I am sure to not miss the convoy.

Pictures of my rig to help you find me.
http://www.cardomain.com/ri...ntiac-fiero/page-11/
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Sounds good Blake. I look forward to seeing you and Jennifer.

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Hey Paul... The rendezvous is still Funderburks Diner in Pocahontas.

I am going to try to have the NTFC caravan there around 1pm or so. We are driving in from Branson.

The NTFC caravan is 4 cars, 3 Fieros and a 'support' vehicle that has our luggage, tool, and canopies.

We will be using radios. Channel 2. As for driving... slow and steady wins the race... right?

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I will be bringing my Fiero on a trailer due to its unreliability lately, I hope to have it fixed before we leave but I do not trust driving it 1000 miles at this point. This means I may have to keep my speed to 65 or whatever the speed limit is. So the calculated time are based on the time to get to each stop doing the speed limit.

I have calculated the time it takes to get between meeting points and this is my groups planned places and times to meet. We will be driving on I-70 the entire way to Indy.

Monday: Bob is driving alone. Does anyone want to join him?
Yountville, CA to Denver (1,250 miles – about 18 hours 13 min.)

Tuesday: Bob, Christine & Kevin
Denver to Topeka (524 miles – about 7 hours 8 min.)

Wednesday: Meet all groups along the way
We will leave Topeka at 8am (75.4 miles – about 1 hour 10 min.)
9am± meet at Arrowhead Stadium, 1 Arrowhead Dr., Kansas City, MO 64129
9:00 - 9:15am leave for St Louis around (275 miles – about 4 hours 10 mins)
1pm± meet at Funderburk's Gas & Diner, 402 W Johnson St., Pocahontas, IL 62275
1:30-2:00pm leave for Indy (195 miles – about 2 hours 58 min.)
Arrive in Indy around 5-6pm

MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/JzZLk

These are the times and the places the Denver group will be stopping so we can try to meet a group in each city along the way.

We will have two-way radios with us and we were getting the best reception at home on channel 7 but the other group is using channel 2 so we will use channel 2 also if it works for us if not try us on 7.

When we get near the meeting points, I will have my radio on if you want to talk, if anyone wants to exchange, cell numbers PM me or email me your number at info@milehighfieros.com and I will reply with mine.

From my experience in past caravans, it is very helpful to exchange numbers. It helps in case you want to meet the group but are running late a few minutes, you can call to let us know and we could wait for you, or you can call the people you are waiting for to see what is keeping them if they are late.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christine....

As you may have seen in my previous posts, I am trailering too and would like to stay near the speed limit.

For those of you driving a Fiero and have NOT participated in a convoy while towing a trailer, please keep in mind that the back of the convoy has frequent speed changes because of the "slinky effect". Trailers do not do well back here because increasing speed is difficult. It will be important for the lead car to set the cruise at around 63 or 64 MPH. Trailers tend to slow down on uphills and speed up on down hills too.
Radio contact is important. Frankly if I think I am holding up a group, I'll tell them to go ahead without me.

I just want to give everyone a heads up.
Sorry about your luck, Christine. However, It is nice to know that I won't be the only trailer.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few of us Canadians will be heading down Wednesday. Leaving Toronto around 7am & crossing the US border at Sarnia. Hope to be there by noon at the latest. Then taking I69 all the way down to Indy.
Anyone from Michigan going down early?

Also, is there any construction on I69 we should no about before leaving? We got one Fiero that doesn't agree with stop & go traffic at all.
f499

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f499Send a Private Message to f499Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be leaving Eastern Ontario Wednesday evening, with a planned overnight pit stop west of Toronto. The plan is to leave early Thursday (7am'ish), direct to Indy.

My question for the Ontario/Toronto crowd...is the best route via Sarnia, then I-69 all the way to Indy? Or, is it best to cross in Windsor, and take I-75/route24/I-69?

I will be using the Yukon XL, and towing a 20' car trailer. So, I will not be racing down to Indy. Relaxed and safe pace.

------------------
F499

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I've said it before but I'm going to be coming straight up I65 if anyone is up to meet somewhere.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I believe I've said it before but I'm going to be coming straight up I65 if anyone is up to meet somewhere.

The Georgia group is coming up through Nashville and will be hooking up with some of our folks from North Carolina and the NC Fiero group. They're leaving Atlanta Thursday morning. Contact CowsPatoot and TopNotch for more info if you're interested.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

One of my all time favorite movies. I think my inner child still wants to drive a truck for a living. Maybe that is why I enjoy trailering?
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being at the Southland Lincoln Oasis on Thurs 8:30 AM for the caravan meeting point.

------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The Georgia group is coming up through Nashville and will be hooking up with some of our folks from North Carolina and the NC Fiero group. They're leaving Atlanta Thursday morning. Contact CowsPatoot and TopNotch for more info if you're interested.

Looks like the NC crew will not be hitting 65 until Louisville. Our current itinerary is:
Group leaves Wilkesboro (my house) at 8am Thursday...
Back roads to Corbin, KY at 12:45pm
75 and 64 to Louiville, KY at 3pm
Hotel around 4:45

We are flexible and willing to meet people...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In that case, then Skuzzbomer, you should contact TopNotch. I believe there are at least 3 of them coming through Nashville.

Edit: Just got word that Raydar, tntcary and Daryl Hulse will be coming up that way, too, but probably separate from TopNotch.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-19-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I plan on being at the Southland Lincoln Oasis on Thurs 8:30 AM for the caravan meeting point.

Thats you me and my wife so far, 3 Fieros if I count correctly.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-19-2013).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone coming through Chicago on Friday that can't go for the whole weekend? there are two of us leaving the oasis at about 1230pm. let me know if you are interested otherwise we might drive by, we are meeting up earlier in our trip but can stop by and pick you up.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 06-19-2013).]

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats you me and my wife so far, 3 Fieros if I count correctly.

I plan on being there too. Don't know if my Fiero is going to be running at that point.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midn1ght Driv3r:

I plan on being there too. Don't know if my Fiero is going to be running at that point.

Midn1ght, you are going on Thursday AM not Wednesday afternoon?

CHICAGO WED AFTERNOON -

Meeting point -

Leave - 12:30-1:00 CST (note we will leave as soon after 12:30 as everyone is there or 1pm whichever comes FIRST, if I don't know you are coming we will leave without you)

Chicago -
mrfred8
vernon8360
FieroMontreal
Paul V (maybe)
Jim H (maybe)
Midn1ght Driv3r (maybe)

zmcdonal

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to the Thursday AM meet. I'd love to go on the Wednesday with everyone else, but with the limited time I could only reserve Thursday night.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leaving Florida on Wedsnday morning, spending the night in Clinton, SC. I should be hitting Louisville around that same time. Check your PM's for my cell phone number.

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Looks like the NC crew will not be hitting 65 until Louisville. Our current itinerary is:
Group leaves Wilkesboro (my house) at 8am Thursday...
Back roads to Corbin, KY at 12:45pm
75 and 64 to Louiville, KY at 3pm
Hotel around 4:45

We are flexible and willing to meet people...

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f499:

I will be leaving Eastern Ontario Wednesday evening, with a planned overnight pit stop west of Toronto. The plan is to leave early Thursday (7am'ish), direct to Indy.

My question for the Ontario/Toronto crowd...is the best route via Sarnia, then I-69 all the way to Indy? Or, is it best to cross in Windsor, and take I-75/route24/I-69?

I will be using the Yukon XL, and towing a 20' car trailer. So, I will not be racing down to Indy. Relaxed and safe pace.

I've had friends tell me they've had hassles crossing the boarder at Windsor/ Detroit going into the states before. They prefer to go through Sarnia or down in Niagara falls. Sarnia will be a little more time on the trip but probably less border waiting time plus you're not going through or by a major city like Detroit.

PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:
I've had friends tell me they've had hassles crossing the boarder at Windsor/ Detroit going into the states before. They prefer to go through Sarnia or down in Niagara falls. Sarnia will be a little more time on the trip but probably less border waiting time plus you're not going through or by a major city like Detroit.

As a native of Michigan, I can confirm that Port Huron/Sarnia is quicker and friendlier than the tunnel, but I have never crossed the bridge in Detroit/Windsor. You would also be much happier taking the 69 route through Michigan.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midn1ght Driv3r:

I'm going to the Thursday AM meet. I'd love to go on the Wednesday with everyone else, but with the limited time I could only reserve Thursday night.

Nice, we got another one
I'll PM you to exchange cell numbers in case we need to contact eachother on the road.
Hope you get your car going!
Z3SpdDmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Z3SpdDmnSend a Private Message to Z3SpdDmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks. I'm coming from just south of Cincinnati, so I'm lucky to be a mere 2 hours away. I plan to just come up Friday morning and head back Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll be caravanning or not, but I doubt it.
Looking forward to meeting some fellow Fiero Fans!

------------------
Anthony

'88 Fiero GT 5-spd "barn find"
2012 NASA SpecE30 National Champion
www.DriveFasterNow.com

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent you a pm Mrfred8
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a couple of days before we hit the road. Very exciting, I can't wait to see everyone
eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys, a quick change on the KC meet up location. We are gonna meet about 10-15miles east of the original location of Arrowhead at the Oak Grove exit, on the south side of the highway there is a big truck stop. We will meet there and head out from there, should get us on the highway nice and quick and get us on our way.

I will be towing a trailer, and I think there might be one other car getting trailered for the event, but he was getting some of his issues sorted out the other day and might be back to driving his car, we will see. So the speed limit with be continued with from here on

Here is my cell number, feel free to call it if anybody has any questions.

816-835-8559

Chris
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please confirm this is the correct location.
Oak Grove Travel Center
100 N Broadway , Oak Grove, MO 64075

If this is correct here is my updated route, leaving Tuesday morning.
http://goo.gl/maps/9H3n2

I have not heard from anyone meting us in Topeka so I am not worried about meeting there and we might change our hotel to the Motel 6, 1130 North 3rd Street, Lawrence, KS 66044. If anyone was planning to meet us PM me otherwise we will meet the group at the Kansas City East Travel Center, 100 N Broadway , Oak Grove, MO 64075 around 9am.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 06-24-2013).]

eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will have a local planted at both the truck stops, the one north of the highway that you mentioned, or the Petro Stopping Center on the south side of the highway.

I think the Petro Stopping will be a little easier for the group to get out of and back on the highway, but we will accommodate

See you all at 9am!

Chris
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CHICAGO WEDNESDAY UPDATE

I have everyone's phone numbers and I think they have mine. If anyone else wants in on this, let me know.

Meeting point -

Chicago -
mrfred8
vernon8360
Paul V (probably)
cornersonrails (maybe)

zmcdonal
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic