Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Long Time Fiero Owners- how many years have you had the bug? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Long Time Fiero Owners- how many years have you had the bug? by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 11-29-2012 04:34 PM
Replies: 121 (2783 views)
Last post by: Bob2112 on 12-05-2015 02:07 AM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember wanting one since 82 (I think) when I saw them in a magazine. It was showing a preview of what was coming. It was about 21 years later when I got mine.
IP: Logged
Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

I thought Gruber's thing was "Fiero Secrets"?

I just looked at some of my old newsletters and some of them are titled "Fiero Secrets". Good memory!!!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1987 Porsche 944S
1985 Porsche 944
1966 Porsche 911
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane-at the airport, nearly ready to fly

yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have only been at this since Sept 1980. I had heard about a 2 seat Pontiac but in Sept of 1980 was when I bought my first full magazine story on the Little GTO as they then called it. The story was about 98% accurate on what we got. I then started collecting things on the car and got to enjoy watching the roll out in 1984.

I bought my car in July of 1985 and still have it today.

Being there back in the day I got to see things like the GTU and GTP cars race and the PPG cars at the track etc. I also got to collect many items today that are very hard if impossible to find today.

Along the way I got to meet many who were involved with the program too. These are things today I treasure and just add to my enjoyment of the car as I was there for the histrory of it not just the reacounting of it.
RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my first Fiero in 2002 - 88GT, then in 2004 I decided that it was lonesome and bought my 85GT.  In 2010 the real fun began with the 85GT getting an SC3800 AOD drive train.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd (<10K miles)
White 85GT (SC3800 Series II w/ AOD)
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader
20Ft H&H Tilt Bed Trailer (Remember - Gravity is not a tie-down)

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about Rick Stewart? Anyone heard from him in the recent past? He was the first person I know of that was messing with 3800 conversions.

He seemed to fade in and out of existence... Was in for a long time. Disappeared. Came back strong for a long time. Disappeared again?

[This message has been edited by FTF Engineering (edited 12-09-2012).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since 1982 when I saw the plans for the car in a Motor Trend mag.

Member of the "Worldwide Fiero Club", which mailed newsletter titled "Fiero News" run by Matt Gruber.

84 Fiero Sport, Red bought Oct 1983 , traded in for 85
85 Fiero SE V6 Red, bought March 5 1985 , traded in for 87
87 Fiero GT Blue Met bought March 12 1987 , still own
87 Fiero Coupe Blue, bought December 12 2004 , sold to JimmyS
88 Fiero Formula Red, bought June 16 2005 , still own, Daily driver, (when not on motorcycle)
88 Fiero Formula TDI, bought June 4 2013. 55 MPG w/ VW Turbo diesel. Srill own.
------------------

Click here for more photos of 87 or photos of 88

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-25-2013).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

What about Rick Stewart? Anyone heard from him in the recent past? He was the first person I know of that was messing with 3800 conversions.

He seemed to fade in and out of existence... Was in for a long time. Disappeared. Came back strong for a long time. Disappeared again?

I spent many an hour talking to Rick at Carlisle and sharing emails. Rick was quite an innovative and creative person. You are correct that Rick was one of the first Fiero owners to install a 3800SC Gen II engine. Except for some minor mount difficulties, Rick did a fine job on the install. A year later he sold the car and embarked on an 'all out" 4.9L Cadillac build. His build thread is here on this forum and his screen name is GT. Last time I saw Rick he told me the results on the 4.9L build were less than stellar so several months after he finished it, he sold that project as well. He was sorry to have sold the 3800.
Last I heard (and this is old news) Ricks next project was to be an electric Fiero. I don't know if the project got off the ground or not. Like Randy Agee, Bob Schlag, Denny Lambert, Clint Nichols, Dave Horst, and all of the other "regulars" at Carlisle in the late 90's early 00's , Rick seemed to have dropped out of the hobby. Its a shame to see creative guys like Rick leave the hobby but I'd say he's still out there performing his magic on another brand of vehicle.
This is the last email that I had for Rick. no3rdseat@gmail.com His location was Silver Spring MD.

BTW, like Fiero nostalgia? Here is a list of many of the folks on the old Fiero list. I can't say that too many of them stayed with the hobby.\
http://www.calgaryfieros.com/OSGdocs/contrib.html

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-09-2012).]

FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dennis, Lots of names that I remembered once I saw them!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could also give a long list of names with many gone. Some moved on to other cars, some moved on to a better place if you know what I mean and some still have their cars but just are no as active as they once were for various reasons.

Even with me over the years there are some I would drive my car all the time and then I get years where I just hardly go it out due to the lack of interest or the lack of time due to family. I always hang onto it since I know I will get back into it again the next year.
robiwon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fell in love with the car when I first saw it in a magazine back in '82. Still called the P-Car then with a high probability of it becoming the Pegasus. There were a few grainy B&W pics with the lovely pointed front end. Then, when they started building the car across the street from my house, I lived on West Beverly, 2 houses down from the A&W, I knew I had to have one one day. I bought a new Sport Coupe (silver) in '87. Now I have my '86 GT. So, going on 30 years!
PFF
System Bot
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on the list whohoo!
Some of the names really do bring back memories...
And some of them still do have Fieros...
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first Fiero was an 84 I bought used in 87.
I have had 4 Fieros since that time, two of them
I still own.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my first Fiero back in 1990 (I think). It was 86 SE 4cyl/5-speed car in silver and black (with a luggage rack). I kept that car til about 93 or so...sold it for $2300 plus an 84 base model ...which I spruced up and sold to my cousin for $1200. I was then out of Fieros for a long time ...however I helped my dad with his cars (he had 3 Fieros of his own over those years). It was earlier this summer that I got from him the 87 GT that was his final Fiero...and now mine.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've owned my 84 for 15 years.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saw one in the junk yard when I was 16 thought it looked pretty cool. many years later (20) I bought my 1st 86 for $500 my list

1986 SE (Dark nite as a lot of the old guys know it as on here) traded for

87GT (red with the 355 front bumber on it,

(bought the dark nite back and parted it out)

86 green GT (sold and than wrecked)

84 IMSA (still have it)

87 SE

88 turbocharged formula (traded for another non fiero vehicle)

84 orange fiero(sold)

88 GT (sold)

86 SE with mera body (currently own)

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm already on page 1. bought in 1987

I got #2 in 1996

I got #3 in 2003

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 11-15-2015).]

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my first Fiero in 1990 (Med Red Met 87 coupe w 5 spd) and it was the first car I bought with my own money. Absolutely LOVED it. My dad thought it was a kick since he himself owned a Corvair Monza in burgundy as well. Especially when I opened my trunklid. Had great times with Fieros West and know that they're all still lurking from time to time here. Went on with gf/later wife/then ex-wife who got an 84 SE (that was ugly) on to a 87 coupe automatic while I picked up an 85 GT and replaced the front and back with Formula bumpers. Looked good in black.

My first 87 was given over to the junkyard in the sky after being in two accidents (lady ran the red light first, then a kid in a truck slammed it under another truck on the freeway in traffic.) The 87 Automatic was stolen (had over 300,000 miles recovered in Riverside totally trashed out) and the 85 GT caught fire in storage when the camper next to it had an electrical fire.

Was on Pennocks daily working for West Coast Fieros and drifted away for a while after I started working on airplanes in Palm Springs. Lurking every so often to see what the new blood was doing.

So after a while and pining away for something to tinker with on the weekends I picked up an 87 GT w 5spd with 80k miles. Recently started hearing the tap-taping in the engine so she's going to be going 3.4 just after Christmas.

Yeah, my friends couldn't believe I got another Fiero after all these years.
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my first Fiero in the summer of 1987. It was an 84SE. The following year it got a brand new motor thanks to the full recall of the 84s.

In 1993 I was planning to sell the 84 to buy a new car and I was looking through the local car classifieds to see what price I might be able to sell my car for. I saw an ad for an 88 Formula which I went to look at and then purchased. 20 years later I still own that car. I don't drive it much, but I sure do enjoy the experience when I take the car out for a spin.
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got the bug in 84 but the wife special ordered a yellow 88 formula back in 88. Not sure if that make us 84 or 88

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Used Fiero Parts
Custom LED Back Up Lights -
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Services. - PCS Products. - Champion Cooling Products. - Spec Clutches.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead", 87 GT Black, 88 Formula White stock--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

Steel88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steel88GTSend a Private Message to Steel88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my first Fiero in 1987 while I was in high school. It was a 1987 gold 4 cylinder notch back . I got it new off the lot. I sold it in 1996. I promised myself that someday I would buy a 1988 GT if I ever had a chance. Well that chance came in June of 2011 when I bought a red 88 GT. I still have it and intend to keep it. Currently have 45,125 original miles on it. This forum is great and informative.
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I first saw a Fiero in Wards Auto World magazine in 1982; a small picture & article about a GM commuter car.

I ordered an SE in Sep1983 & (finally) got it in May 1984. It has over 361,000 kilometers on it now & is in daily use excluding wet salty winter conditions.

While looking for a spare in case the '84 'falls down & can't get up', I saw an '88 Formula on Kijiji in Feb2008 with 5,200 kilometers on it; a showroom condition car - it now has 23,000 kilometers on it. Driven weekly in nice weather only.

Still 'needing' a spare, & thinking a minor restoration project might be fun, I got an '86 2.5L 5 spd coupe in Jan2011 with 107,000 kilometers on it. It has a very solid chassis & primarily needed cosmetic restoration. It also needed the traditional head bolt replacement, & then developed a 'death rattle' that Lucas Oil additive has soothed (to date not including tomorrow...) for 12,000 kilometers. It alternates daily use with the '84.

I got an '87 2.5L 5 spd coupe late in 2011 with 90,000 kilometers on it primarily for the purring engine. Some parts were sold & some used on the other cars. The engine is hanging in the barn waiting to drop into the '86 & the remains were sold recently to a Fiero restorer who is using some of the chassis that isn't rusted away to restore his '84.

Is there a cure for this? Maybe I should take up sailing again...

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 08-24-2013).]

88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bought my first from the dealer in 1986---gold notchie, got my second (88GT) in 1990--same dealer---gold died out in 2004---still have the 88

------------------
Pat Jones

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We picked up our first Fiero 87 coupe in Dec 1986.

Been playing with them ever since.

Florida Fiero Weekend

Run For The Hills

Run To The Keys

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 08-26-2013).]

Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't make the list. I got my first in 96. I was one of the first to start powder coating engine parts, and anything thing else I could unbolt. Lots of names from the past.
I brought Rick Stewart's 3800, but it had to be dismantled after the rust got to it. The engine will live again, but it has seen some improvements.

I will be back!

------------------

85 SE 2M6 "Fiero Addiction" soon to be SC3800 Series II 5-speed

Black84originalowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watched them develop & come out in 83, I have the couple car magizine articles etc. I remember the frenzi & looking at the red and white ones on the dealer floor when they first came out. Not sure exactly why delayed, likley $?, but when the black ones were introduced needed one bad! The one dealer had a base model only am radio etc. I remember trying to get him to fit speakers in headrest etc, because of course one NEEDS that!. No luck. A week or two later valentines day 84 (or just the other day as I recall) drove by a dealer and a black one just rolled off the truck. Bought it the next day 2-15-84. Daily driver till 2009, it sat for ~3 years, now running, working on it plan to put on road 1st of the year "antique". She is in questionable shape but with no air I don't plan on going far.
BoardTrackRacer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoardTrackRacerSend a Private Message to BoardTrackRacerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I grew up in a Pontiac-crazed family. Always loved the idea of a rear-engined Pontiac. For decades, Corvette had threatened to be developing one.... but Pontiac actually did it. The first time I saw a fastback GT was fall of '85 in a Ouray, Colorado motel parking lot. The lines on that red GT, with the new sail panels, were fabulous. When I looked inside, I remember being disappointed to see it only had a 4-speed. When rumors started that a 5-speed was in the works, I was ready to plop down my money. The 5-speeds came out in Summer of 1986 (thus they were called 86 ½). On the order form, I checked every option, including the full suede seats. Mine is red over gray. I have kept her indoors ever since. She has less than 60k miles on her. She may have been designed as a commuter car; bunk! I have a Porsche, 'Vette and other hi-performance rides. My Fiero is by far the most fun car I own. I now live in California. Driving her up and down PCH and San Marcos Pass in CA; through the Million Dollar Highway in CO and across the arroyos of Route-66. My Fiero is the perfect ride. Downshifting into 2nd and powering through a mountain hairpin. It doesn't get much better. Earlier this year, I had her on one of the few speed limitless spots in the U.S. I took my 100% stock Fiero up to 105 mph and she still had more speed in her. The rpm at that speed was not even close to redline at 3,500 (I have the photo to prove it) and the accelerator had room to go. On that tank of fuel, driving at speeds of 75-105, I averaged 29.7 mph! What a wonderful car the Fiero.

Are there any active Fiero Clubs in central California?

-J. Baeke
Solvang, CA
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read about the Fiero in car magazines in the early 80's. Saw an 84 in West Germany at the PX and got to talk to the owner. Ordered a 2M6 in Feb of 1985 and took delivery in June of 85 in Charleston SC. It is now my daily driver with 190k miles, original motor and transmission. Was joined by 2 GT's in 2005 and 2006.
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm now up to 18 years.

In 2012:

Now:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Over 232.000 miles on it.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Month and a half now.. hard to believe. I remember when these things first came out. I was -15 years old.

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 16 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by painandgain99:

Month and a half now.. hard to believe. I remember when these things first came out. I was -15 years old.

LOL!!!! Now that's some funny stuff...-15. Were you looking down for your chance to touch down?
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-19-2016).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the bug back in 1984 when they first came out. My Dad talked about the mid-engine tech stuff, that at the time time I had not a clue. (I was 12) Finally in 1988 he brought home a brand new shiny red coupe. I so loved that car at first sight! I was 15. I did many laps around that car in the garage thinking that that car would be mine some day. Well fast forward to 1993. I needed a car. And he got tired of having to get in and out of it. (But in all fairness it was that I REALLY need a car at that time.) So he gave the car to me. I ended up having an out of body experience when he told me that over the phone. I was living in Detroit at the time and Dad was home in Elyria. I drove that car as my daily driver till 2003. My Dad retired and wanted a project. I had just bought the wife at the time a Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo and the Fiero was going to sit considering I was going to be driving the Monte Pace Car. So I reluctantly gave the car back to him. Well he tore it apart then lost interest. He was going to sell it, but I said no. Your not going to sell MY car. So I got it back with intentions on finishing the restoration....Didn't happen. Moved and life happened.

So I always wanted to mod my coupe into some sort of Formula. Well I decided then I would get real original Formula. I looked for quite some time for the right fit, then my son Jaeger found one up for sale on the Fiero Store clasifieds'. Ended up buying it. Here is my Formula thread

I've been using that car as my daily driver since I brought it back out in May. The only things I have done to it is: Tires, upper and lower ball joints, and swaybar endlinks. Oh...can't forget the paint job! I put over 6000 mile on that car since May as my daily driver. What a car! It's going back to hibernation in mid December. I have some things to fiddle around with it, but nothing major.

So YES. Yes I have the bug. I've had it for over 30 years!!!
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my first one in 94' my second in 95', since then I have had 10, worked on well over 200, done more than 50 engine swaps. Did my first trans swap in 96' Thought I may have had the only 84 5 speed FWD getrag at the time.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First new car in 1984

And my 86

Still have the 84 but not running.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 12-05-2015).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
currently 23 years old.
First learned what a Fiero was at 20 years old, February of 2012.
Bought my first Fiero June 13 of 2012.

Working on restomod l67 swap ever since

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 11-14-2015).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 13 years for me but the first one was a 1986 SE with a F308 rebody. Then I got into Meras and only purchased one conventional Fiero about six years ago. I was supposed to do an engine swap with one of the Meras but ended up selling the car to a friend instead.

Nelson
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero was discontinued the year my parents got married and wasnt born until 1991... I'm 24 and I assume one of the few "next generation" Fiero enthusiest...

Some of you guys have had the bug since before I was born! Mind blowing...

Me however, it's only been about 2 years, I got my 88 GT in June of 2014. Restoration is coming along slowly. Very hard to work on her with no garage, but I make due.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered my 85 SE V6 in March, then took delivery in May....I had never driven a stick, but insisted that a sportscar should have a manual.....Ordered it with the 6, the WS6 suspension, and nothing else- it weighs approx 2600. When I was young, my dentist owned a Pantera, and he would drive it when he knew I was coming.....10 years later and my income was coming up while the value of Panteras was dropping, but then I found out about Italian sportscars; Simian driving position, no ventilation, not dependable, expensive to maintain, etc, so I went for the the American alternative...My landlord said that Consumer reports rated it bad on dependability- mainly electrical....hmmm- Can't have problems with what you don't have! No PW, PM, or locks, no A/C....Although the heater fan went intermittent for a week!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summer of 2001.

My first Fiero.

Current car.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-05-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors