Fiero convertible registry by silverfiero
Started on: 11-24-2012 07:35 AM
Replies: 60 (4539 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 01-13-2016 07:19 PM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And here is the ad. Not a bad price.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars...hNavigationFlag=true
IP: Logged
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I was anywhere near there I would buy the car.

Nelson
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys ! Is this topic still active? Are people still looking for parts to finish there conversions....? Does any one know of or has heard of the "Brisa" kits from a while back? Does anyone know if the kits is still being sold or if parts are available to service an existing conversion? If any one has any info regarding....Id love it if you could share.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. I have a Brisa convertible. Its an INDY pace car.
Needs some work,so I probably won't take it out this summer. Had it out a bit in '12.
Rare car I would guess.. I can't post pics from my tablet,but I'd be happy to share pics with anyone if you like. Feel free to post em here :-)
Mark
CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Hey all. I have a Brisa convertible. Its an INDY pace car.
Needs some work,so I probably won't take it out this summer. Had it out a bit in '12.
Rare car I would guess.. I can't post pics from my tablet,but I'd be happy to share pics with anyone if you like. Feel free to post em here :-)
Mark

I would love to see your pictures!
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CharlieHorse:

That looks like the car belonging to Pennock's member 'Automoda'.

Did you buy it from him, or are you just posting pics?

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone'
(soon to be back on the road after a 6 year rest)

CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah. Just lost my password and changed ISPs about a hundred years ago and I got no response from the mods when I asked them to fix the account, so I made a new one. I'll never sell the car :)
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an Automoda conversion owned by a friend of mine.

It's powered by an SD4.

All that I/we really know about the car is that it's an Automoda conversion, built on an 84 frame. It has Fittipaldi wheels, the SD4 and a Getrag 5 speed.
It was purchased from Sonic50s father, who lives in North Atlanta. Has like 22,000 miles on it, and is generally pristine.

If anyone has any more info/history about the car, we'd certainly appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-14-2014).]

CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow! Is that red Automoda Super Duty the one that was converted by Bob Northrup many years ago? If so, I painted that car. It was painted with the panels off, and it was cut and buffed, so it was really a sweet paint job. Back then it had an 84 nose, though. Full leather interior, and a lot of little touches. Seems like he even tweaked the instrument panel. Nicely detailed engine with some custom work, too. Red wrinkle-painted fancy valve cover and whatnot.

I have wondered where that car ended up! He sold it for 10K ish to raise money for a move -- You see, his wife had a glorious opportunity to run her own Tupperware distributorship in the Michigan area. Turns out it was up for grabs because everyone there was a ***** and it all fell apart. Dude lost his just-completed car for nothing. Lesson of the day, folks: Dont let a girl come between you and your car. This is the car that made me want to get my own kit.

That car was in a sportscar magazine. I have no idea if I still have a copy. Frankly I liked it more with the 84 nose. Looked more 80s Ferrari.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh wow! Is that red Automoda Super Duty the one that was converted by Bob Northrup many years ago? If so, I painted that car. It was painted with the panels off, and it was cut and buffed, so it was really a sweet paint job. Back then it had an 84 nose, though. Full leather interior, and a lot of little touches. Seems like he even tweaked the instrument panel. Nicely detailed engine with some custom work, too. Red wrinkle-painted fancy valve cover and whatnot.

Thanks for the info!
All I know about the car is posted in this thread.
The car is very nice inside, too. It has brown leather (I think perforated, but I'm not sure) upholstery. There are some switches or power sockets or something in the right side of the aux gauge pod, since the oil pressure gauge is in the tach. It also has a 1.5 DIN JVC head unit with cassette and EQ. (I had the same unit in my 88 Firebird. VERY nice unit for its time.) Maybe that will help you to recognize the car, or help you to determine if it is actually a different one.
The paint is very nice. Actually looks nicer than factory. It wouldn't surprise me if it had been done "panel off".
You might be correct about the 84 front bumper, since it still has the bumperpad rear cover on it.

The new owner is a body man, and is very good. He's also owned probably 90 Fieros over the years.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-15-2014).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more question about the red car...
Would you happen to know where the red came from? Manufacturer or even the paint code?

Thanks!
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nah. Just lost my password and changed ISPs about a hundred years ago and I got no response from the mods when I asked them to fix the account, so I made a new one. I'll never sell the car

Oh, now THAT makes more sense! I didn't figure you'd ever get rid of that thing!

------------------

repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow
(soon to be back on the road after a 6 year rest)

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just doing the ocassional stumble through. here's mine

a pic from several years back. it's buried in the garage right now.

it's been sitting a good while due to a priority and interest change, wasn't quite my plan, but I've been making two vehicle payments the last 4 years. just paid one off, so I'm hoping to get back to fieros maybe next spring or so.

edit: meant to add I don't have any papers on it handy at the moment and I can't get to the front windshield to see the vin (yes it's THAT buried). i'll add it to the registry when I can.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can. arthur ashe

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 08-17-2014).]

silverfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverfieroClick Here to visit silverfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to silverfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That great. How about the rest of the great convertibles we've seen recently on this post. Can we get them added to the registry? It's at http://silverfiero.com/fieroRegistry.php Thanks!
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are a whole bunch of photos of the Red automoda SD4 car. If he paid $5100 for it that is an awesome deal! lol

http://www.modifiedcartrade...or-sale.aspx?i=32328

https://www.flickr.com/phot...s/72157627852471563/
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

There are a whole bunch of photos of the Red automoda SD4 car. If he paid $5100 for it that is an awesome deal! lol

http://www.modifiedcartrade...or-sale.aspx?i=32328

https://www.flickr.com/phot...s/72157627852471563/

Perfect! I didn't know those were still out there.
Thank you!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Convertible fans, check the link in my sig and make me an offer...

------------------

repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - FOR SALE! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
BACK ON THE ROAD! (after a 6 year rest)

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Convertible fans, check the link in my sig and make me an offer...

Now mine

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: